Lmangla

Poll: time travel dramas

What are your favourite time travel dramas?  

91 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. How did I get here? -- when characters end up moving through time for no particular reason at all!

• Rooftop prince 2012 - a prince and his group find themselves in the future
    • Splash Splash Love 2015 - - a high school senior meets a prince
    • Moon Lover: Scarlet Heart Ryeo 2016 - a girl finds herself in the past and is pursued by lots of princes in the palace
    • The best hit 2017 - a singer ends up stuck in the future where no one knows who he is
    • * your reaction 1 - the best time travel; so much mystery and comedy, they have no idea what's going on...
    • * your reaction 2 - kind of silly and illogical; why would someone randomly end up in another time without any explanation or purpose?
  2. 2. Let's save a life - travel through time for that sole purpose

• Queen In Hyun's Man 2012 - a scholar uses the library of the future to change the history
    • Faith 2012 - doctor gets dragged by handsome general into past to save the king
    • Time slip Dr Jin 2012 - doctor learns people die in every era
    • Live up to your name 2017 - a talisman meant to protect him sends this doctor from the past into the future
    • Somehow 18 2017 - doctor wants to save his first love
    • Nine 2013 - man finds incense sticks allows him to travel back and wants to keep family safe
    • Gods gift:14 days 2014 - a mother travels back in time to stop her child from being killed
    • Tunnel 2017 - detective travels through time to catch a serial killer
    • Signal 2017 - a detective gets clues from the future police to solve a crime
    • Life on mars 2018 - a detective all of a sudden wakes up and finds himself in the past
    • * reaction 1: I love it! there's so much urgency because a lot is at stake
    • * reaction 2: basically it sucks be a doctor or detective; whichever time you go, you end up working overtime!
    • 365: one year again 2020 - 10 people are given an opportunity to change their past. why?
  3. 3. I need romance - maybe time travel can fix my non-existent/terrible love life

• Operation proposal 2012 - let me go back in time to make sure she marries me
    • Marry him if you dare 2013 - she decides she wants to be single. she didn't have to travel through time to do that!
    • Tomorrow with you 2017 - let me marry you so that I can change my unhappy future
    • Longing heart 2018 - go back and win my first love because I was too chicken then
    • Manhole 2017 - aliens help me to confess to my first love when I could have just done that years ago
    • Go back couple 2017 - I hate you; lets travel through time so we don't have to go through a divorce in future
    • Familar wife 2018 - a man suddenly finds himself single again thanks to time travel!
    • * reaction 2: this is the stupidest reason for time travel. surely, there's more to life than characters who can't move on?
    • * reaction 1: so beautiful! my heart melts! love is endless

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/26/2020 at 04:13 AM

hello, chingus - lets have another poll! time travel is a genre that we either like, dislike or tolerate. it keeps popping up now and then. some years, it seems like it was a bad year to be a doctor or a detective as they all ended up traveling through time. aigoo! ^_^ then, there are characters searching for their love in the past. well if you can't find it in the present, then looking back is an option?

choose your favourite time travel dramas (you can choose one or several or none and just choose the reaction only) as well as your reaction to the sub genres. do the endings of time travel dramas irk you? does it bother you that the concept of time travel is never properly explained? how does it work? does it leave you with questions than answers? what are dramas that started out well and petered into some nonsense halfway through in this genre? let us know your fun thoughts! :D

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

@snowlou ~ thanks for suggestion; have added in familiar wife.

if anyone knows of other time travel dramas that can be added, do let me know.

and if you haven't seen a drama in the genre, just click on your reactions to how you feel about the concept! ^_^

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

Isn't there another time travel drama coming this year? the name Alice comes to mind but I don;t know why ...

Yep! - synopsis -

Park Jin-Gyeom (Joo Won) is a detective, who doesn't show emotions. While investigating a mysterious case, he realizes the existence of time travelers. The time travelers come to the present day from the future through a space called Alice. Park Jin-Gyeom struggles to prevent negative things happening through Alice. During this time, he meets Yoon Tae-Yi (Kim Hee-Seon) again. She died in the past. Park Jin-Gyeom insists that their meeting is a fateful reunion. Yoon Tae-Yi is a genius physicist and she holds a key to time travel. While they unravel the secret of time travel together, she realizes a secret behind her.

Credit: Asian Wiki

I'll watch it!

Edited by LeftCoastOppa
info update
  • Like 4
  • Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Isn't there another time travel drama coming this year? the name Alice comes to mind but I don;t know why ...

is there? is it supposed to be like alice in wonderland + time travel kind of inspiration?

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

is there? is it supposed to be like alice in wonderland + time travel kind of inspiration?

Updated my OP - see synopsis above

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@000231846597 @triplem ~ I have added 365: one year again in the sub-genre 1 if I am understanding the plot correctly; not sure where exactly to put it. anyways, added to poll! :)

It is sub-genre 2 but anyways nevermind.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, 000231846597 said:

It is sub-genre 2 but anyways nevermind.

ah okay, have edited it now to include in sub genre 2. no one had voted yet, so easy to move around.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Yep! - synopsis -

Park Jin-Gyeom (Joo Won) is a detective, who doesn't show emotions. While investigating a mysterious case, he realizes the existence of time travelers. The time travelers come to the present day from the future through a space called Alice. Park Jin-Gyeom struggles to prevent negative things happening through Alice. During this time, he meets Yoon Tae-Yi (Kim Hee-Seon) again. She died in the past. Park Jin-Gyeom insists that their meeting is a fateful reunion. Yoon Tae-Yi is a genius physicist and she holds a key to time travel. While they unravel the secret of time travel together, she realizes a secret behind her.

Credit: Asian Wiki

so the worm hole / portal is called alice? hmmm... and the genius physicist already sounds a bit evil! kekeke.... when I think about it daily and weekend dramas don't cover such genres like fantasy or time travel. wonder why? would it be too hard to write so many episodes?

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

1 minute ago, Lmangla said:

so the worm hole / portal is called alice? strange.... when I think about it daily and weekend dramas don't cover such genres like fantasy or time travel. wonder why? would it be too hard to write so many episodes?

Probably so - standard time travel fare - someone dies, go back and save them - try to fall in love, fail, reset fail hard, reset epic fail, ... realize its because you're tying your shoes too tight, reset... find love! - at least one misunderstood character who has an 8x10 glossy of the "big picture" wandering around muttering about balance / temporal paradox -  you can fill a good 16 episodes with that. 

Now if you try to do that on a 100 episode level - you'd have to nuke a city, save the city but another is nuked, save another city and the missile is diverted into space - city saved! melt the ice caps, re-set they're still melting, reset they're still melting, reset STILL melting .... okay we can't fix that in 100 episodes.  Hey where did that nuclear missile go? Don't know but the Moon just blew up ..... that's peculiar

Much bigger budget .... but I'd watch it :lol:

• LOL 9

In some drama shows I can accept time travel without thinking that much about it. Examples would be 365, Nine and Tunnel. In other shows it’s just so random, like those that feature a modern girl who suddenly ends up in the distant past. This type of story is pretty common in the Japanese shoujo manga genre as well. I can go with it if I just think of it as a fated occurrence. :lol: 

Signal drama reminds me of US film Frequency

To me time travel is most believable in a sci-fi setting like in shows like Farscape, Star Wars, Star Trek, Firefly, etc. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2

i kinda like splash splash love cos its the first time Kim Seul Gi took the female lead :lol: although the storyline is somewhat too much fantasy.. like huh, she was actually the one who helped invent hangul (or something).. haha but it was cute with the crown princess (queen?) all hyped with her spicy teobbokki and noodles and not that much of jealousy :D

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

To me time travel is most believable in a sci-fi setting like in shows like Farscape, Star Wars, Star Trek, Firefly, etc. 

Kate & Leopold is a time-travel romance movie that I enjoyed. Somehow it reminded me of the Rooftop Prince when the ML encountered funny situations at modern days. It is no sci-fi, but hey! Who would complain about Hugh Jackman.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

that's true; your mind doesn't even have to wonder why there is some of space time anomaly/portal. at least in detective genres, your mind is more focused on the prevention of crime and so you are not necessarily wondering how and why. whereas with romance genre, a dash of time travel always always always has me scratching my head and going "HUH?" I personally dislike those dramas where people go back in time to get their first love. my reaction -- "stop beating a dead horse; if it didn't happen then, just let it go and move on with your life!" :sweatingbullets:

Edited by Lmangla
  • LOL 5

39 minutes ago, 000231846597 said:

Kate & Leopold is a time-travel romance movie that I enjoyed. Somehow it reminded me of the Rooftop Prince when the ML encountered funny situations at modern days. It is no sci-fi, but hey! Who would complain about Hugh Jackman.

I watched this years ago but I can’t remember the plot at all. It’s probably time for a rewatch. :sweatingbullets: Indeed Hugh Jackman is an added incentive.  

• Like 6

@Lmangla, kindly check if my vote was counted. I voted for Queen In-Hyun's Man. Thank You! 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, thanie said:

@Lmangla, kindly check if my vote was counted. I voted for Queen In-Hyun's Man. Thank You! 

is it not reflecting? hmmm... :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3