Broadcast Date: 6/17-7/9/2020

Cast:

Zhao Yi Qin as Shen Yi
Li Jia Qi as Meng Hui
Pu Tao as Ah Tao
Tuo Zong Hua
Yang Ming Na

Synopsis:

As a child, Meng Hui (Li Jia Qi) was involved in a terrible accident. Though she has born the physical scars of that moment on her face all her life, it’s the mental scars that have caused the greatest damage. Traumatized by the event, Meng Hui developed a dissociative identity disorder which causes her to switch between two distinct personalities at random. Never knowing when her alternate personality might emerge, Meng Hui has struggled all her life, to find a balance between her two sides.

Now grown, Meng Hui works as a makeup artist who has started creating her own small line of homemade cosmetics. As fate would have it, she happens to cross paths with Shen Yi (Zhao Yi Qin), the CEO of a large cosmetics company, during one of her episodes and suddenly declares herself to be his girlfriend. Though shocked by this sudden outburst, Shen Yi decides it’s better to save face by playing along, than make a scene in public. In turn Shen Yi is rewarded for his seeming gallantry when he discovers, not long after, that Meng Hui has developed a liquid foundation that has the potential to revolutionize the cosmetics industry. Desperate to get his hands on her formula, Shen Yi continues to play the part of the devoted boyfriend, a fact that shocks Meng Hui once her alternate personality relinquishes control.

Though at first, only interested in Meng Hui’s formula, Shen Yi soon finds himself falling for the girl fate seems to have thrown into his life, and even more surprising, she seems to be falling for him. But their relationship is put to the ultimate test when Meng Hui learns that Shen Yi was the one responsible for the accident that changed her life, all those years ago. Will their love become the salve that heals their deepest wounds or will they find that some wounds really do leave permanent scars?

Cr Viki

My Girl 99分女朋友 Viki Episodes

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

My Girl 99分女朋友 Viki Episodes

My Girl 99分女朋友 Raw Episodes

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, angelangie said:

this guys definitely look better with Li JiaQi then Li KaiXin :) 

Really? LOL I wasn't that interested with Li Kaixin's current drama ... heard the technical stuff are not done well in that drama.. 

But yeah.. the couple looks great together.. 

@themarchioness :wub: 

Ooh! Ja Qui & Yi Qin together again!

Saw trailer and drama looks cute with 3 couples. 3 love stories for 1 drama? Yes please!

According to trailer, writer is the same person who wrote Romance of Tiger and Rose, and director is same from Accidentally In Love. Now even more excited to check this out

English subbed Trailers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TyCKA5mxsE&list=PLASXbRfDhbFCrVN5BJvRs0L4_pnVCJmbK&index=11&t=0s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VatuJ4wFQyw&list=PLASXbRfDhbFCrVN5BJvRs0L4_pnVCJmbK&index=18

EDIT: Drama has been liscensed by YoYo English Youtube Channel. There will be subs!

Link to Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTB73Ibi_X3ErSx4TehkYM7dSMJEEIOfW

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] My Girl 99分女朋友

I just saw Ep1 and Ep2 and I actually really like it.  Have to suspend my medical knowledge a bit, I don't think PTSD or split personalities quite work like that but hey I watch time travel, alien boyfriends and wuxia dramas so :tounge_wink:.  I love these 2 as a couple and the premise is quite unique. I lol'ed at the shirt ripping bit and felt emotional at the back story, so will keep on watching!

49 minutes ago, angelangie said:

hahaha sometimes when u watch a drama we need to stop and not think lols.....cause some of the logic just dont jive :D 

Haha yeah, good escape from reality :)  especially for this crazy 2020!

This drama is being subbed in English at YoYo English YouTube Channel. 

Link to Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTB73Ibi_X3ErSx4TehkYM7dSMJEEIOfW

YoYo English YouTube Channel Mainpage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3UUwfyntghfisq02q5v2tw

Schedule is 1 episode every Thursday and Friday, 2 episodes on Saturday, 4 eps total per week. 

EDIT: This drama is now also at Viki. There will be subs in multiple languages!

Viki Link: https://www.viki.com/tv/37226c-my-girl

I saw him in fake princess i found him abit cold character... but here... he got me hooked up in episode 1 and especially the female lead... she is cute, stunning (when her split character) and funny ^^... 

I am currently in ep 8 now.. and i still like it so far ^^

I am watching Ep. 3

Question-

When they go on the date to the amusement park and also the sparkler scene, is that the real Meng Hui or is it a different personality? I'm confused.  Later in the episode, she told Shen Yi that you could not make liquid foundation to cover up scars, but didn't Meng Hui do just that and make a special blend liquid foundation that covers up her scar? That's why I am wondering  is it the real Meng Hui or another PTSD personality?

7 minutes ago, Table122000 said:

I am watching Ep. 3

Question-

When they go on the date to the amusement park and also the sparkler scene, is that the real Meng Hui or is it a different personality? I'm confused.  Later in the episode, she told Shen Yi that you could not make liquid foundation to cover up scars, but didn't Meng Hui do just that and make a special blend liquid foundation that covers up her scar? That's why I am wondering  is it the real Meng Hui or another PTSD personality?

On the amusement park, it is the other personality of meng hui appear. That personality think that she and Shen Yi are couple.

Yea Meng Hui already make a foundation that can cover up the scars while Shen Yi R&D yet to develop. This is one need to rewatch whether the real Meng Hui told or the other personality....

I just realize the ML is the one who played in the Fake Princess.

On 6/19/2020 at 4:46 PM, visiopeia said:

I saw him in fake princess i found him abit cold character... but here... he got me hooked up in episode 1 and especially the female lead... she is cute, stunning (when her split character) and funny ^^... 

I am currently in ep 8 now.. and i still like it so far ^^

same i oso watch till ep 8.

1-4 in sub and 5-8 in raw with my limited chinese.. hahahaha :D

but overall the story quite entertaining... but also confusing...

58 minutes ago, dashmount20 said:

On the amusement park, it is the other personality of meng hui appear. That personality think that she and Shen Yi are couple.

Yea Meng Hui already make a foundation that can cover up the scars while Shen Yi R&D yet to develop. This is one need to rewatch whether the real Meng Hui told or the other personality....

I just realize the ML is the one who played in the Fake Princess.

Thanks for clarifying. I appreciate it. It is difficult sometimes to tell if it is the real Meng Hui or one of the other personalitis in a scene. 

Yes, ML is in 2 dramas right now. Fake Princess and My Girl.

8 hours ago, Table122000 said:

I am watching Ep. 3

Question-

I think later she says that her "special" liquid foundation is just a mix of other foundations.  There is no foundation that can cover up all scars, but she uses a special technique so she can do that with any foundation.

At the start you see her blending a bunch of brand named foundation together so I think that's what she was making.

On 7/1/2020 at 9:21 AM, WinCee said:

Is anyone out there watching this?  I am strangely very addicted to it :idk:

Me! Started last weekend. I’m able to finish all 12 eng sub episodes. And I agree with you. It’s addictive. I really like Menghui especially when she’s on PTSD because she’s a bad-a$$. It’s really funny. 
Actually, I watched the OTP in “Wait, My Youth” in Netflix. I like their chemistry so I’m glad they’re able to team up again for “My Girl”. 
:handsup:

On 7/6/2020 at 1:32 AM, angelangie said:

this week will be the finale for the VIP members :) and im all set for it....

one things one really should lies....and when u lies u need another one to cover it....and when it burst it will be for the worst

I wish Youku, like Tencent, will make their app available to non-Chinese speaking viewer like me. I’m willing to pay for subscription. For the meantime, I have to be patient in waiting for the English subbed episodes in YouTube (I have ViKi subscription but they sub it in English really slow).
:crazily:

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

understand ur pain......no choice u just need to wait.....are they releasing it weekly?

Yes, weekly. It’s 2 episodes per day, 2x a week. So total of 4 episodes per week. Last week, there are now 12 English subbed episodes. But raw, there are 20 and I think this week, they’ll  release the rest?

btw, I’m curious. Like say in Tencent, I have VIP subscription, so for series that are available in English, I get the extra episodes. But not as many as for Chinese. So, to avail of those extra episodes, do you have to pay extra, on top of your VIP subscription? 

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] My Girl 99分女朋友
On 7/7/2020 at 6:56 PM, savingrace said:

Me! Started last weekend. I’m able to finish all 12 eng sub episodes. And I agree with you. It’s addictive. I really like Menghui especially when she’s on PTSD because she’s a bad-a$$. It’s really funny. 
Actually, I watched the OTP in “Wait, My Youth” in Netflix. I like their chemistry so I’m glad they’re able to team up again for “My Girl”. 

I wish Youku, like Tencent, will make their app available to non-Chinese speaking viewer like me. I’m willing to pay for subscription. For the meantime, I have to be patient in waiting for the English subbed episodes in YouTube (I have ViKi subscription but they sub it in English really slow).

I have finished the whole series now.  I love the OTP from Wait My Youth which is why I checked this out to start with!

Unfortunately just like You are My Destiny, I found the last 4 eps a bit draggy, but I think that's my problem with all chinese dramas!  

Archived