Quantcast

[Taiwanese Drama 2020] Lost Romance 浪漫輸給你

4 minutes ago, songielove said:

Ep10-- what an episode!

Hide contents

That confession and kiss was so heartwarming... going to live on that all week. :wub:

:fullofhearts:

Yeah What an episode.

Every single time we think we have figured it out . They throw us back in thoughts

Spoiler

Seems like the flames and circle are two different things.

Circle is supposedly the spotlight 

And Flames are out of storyline.

Seems like the Extraordinary you concept of Shadow and The book.

Like shadow effects what happens in the book but largely the plotlines remain same.

That preview though. I knew it. The roles have reversed. But who is the male lead  now? Can we have a reversal there too?

• Like 3
  • Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Real life and work stuff got me late to the episode 11 train, so I'mma backtrack to read all the latest posts on it later, but first, my thoughts on the episode. Apologies if I've echoed someone's opi

Just going back to posts I had wanted to chime in on before the finale tonight (tomorrow morning for me). ^^   I've long wanted to comment on Marcus' performance in portraying both Ao Ran

New still of Qing Feng's story with Puff! Also hope you don't mind, but I chucked your translation on my blog with full credit to you @orenji_neko. I was impressed and wanted to keep in somewhere I co

Ooo ... ChuChu has turned evil on ep 11. She pushed XiaoEn n fake being pushed down by XiaoEn to make XiaoEn as the evil one. Tsk the tsk

Do you think it's ChuChu who poured water onto XiaoEn in the toilet?

Hmm...the roles are now in reversal... interesting.  So will QF now be the male lead?

Hmm... i just thought of something.  What if the characters in novel started to re-enact what had happened in the real world?  So far, they have already introduced the brother into the novel.  Will we see Mingli soon too?  

So far we know that the storyline in novel started to change.  We have the fire n the rings ... we also have the glow of the phone after Aoran sent a message to XiaoEn but it went to Chuchu instead. I wonder what the Circle and the glow signify.

Aoran is slowly awakening. 

• Like 3

@JenL haha, thanks for the photo! That helped me get through a week of waiting :love:

I gotta say after an emotional rollercoaster full of highs and lows due to the waiting, I'mma binge watch this full series when its fully released just so I can savor the entirety of it again without the long wait time in between. :sipsboba:

On 8/8/2020 at 1:31 PM, Anjali Punia said:

Whoever does Mingli's wardrobe deserves an award. Now that I have gotten through her being pure evil I am seeing more of her outfits than her character.

@Anjali Punia Yes! Mingli's wardrobe gives me life! Her stylist needs to win an award for this show!

19 hours ago, songielove said:

Wardrobe is just as important to a character, so I tend to be tuned to it all drama long. I actually like QF's look, very free and loose, but put-together. I can't say it works for everyone; Simon's tall and lean build pulls it off nicely. I think Xiao En's wardrobe could improve. It's not horrible, but sometimes its layering "effortless" look doesn't translate Xiao En's simplicity all too well. Wonder if there will be slight adjustments as she is/will be crowned the female lead. I like Ao Ran's wardrobe for him. It's suitable and compliments the CEO's domineering look and personality (and Marcus' physique). I think it could even be louder as he's a shining character in the novel. But I like how it's balanced enough to show a CEO's class and sophistication too.

And I agree with you on wardrobe helping with characters in drama @songielove, Simon pulls it off, otherwise his wardrobe would be hit or miss really. But Xiao En....PLEASE... PLEASE!!! somebody hire her a new stylist! Her outfits really could use an upgrade. Her clothes look too heavy for her build and the bulky slihouette PLUS layering is suffocating and not doing her any favors... Her friends' wardrobes in the novel (Susan & Qiu Tian) look better than hers.

On 8/8/2020 at 1:31 PM, Anjali Punia said:

I mean ever since that hot spring episode Aoran hasn't had the flames right? If he is developing feelings out of the plot he should also have flames.

No issues Though Marcus is hot enough as it is .

@Anjali Punia Hmm... I don't think he's ever gonna get his "flames on" coz i think he's the one MAIN constant in this story of ever changing variables, like everything revolves around him and it may change any/everything but himself. So to explain that, XE goes from side character to main lead, CC gets demoted to XE's former role, QF steps up to 2nd ML, but AR/TX is quintessentially the same arrogant CEO the story revolves around... It may look like XE is the center of the story because she's more dynamic and there's more action surrounding her but if we look closely, the whole premise has always been about AR and even TX in the real world. For now, that's how it goes but who knows, this may change coz like you mentioned, it hasn't ended yet and Chun Tian can change the script...

And YES! Marcus is hot enough... hahahaha

Episode 10! :hooray:

Spoiler

XE gets her role reversal wish and the ring of light... Yahoo!

Here AR starts to get his head on straight which makes Chuchu insecure and turn manipulative. I hope XE's friends got her back on this and not just leave her out to dry (which could be literally, based on previews). Hopefully, AR's protective instincts rise to the fore with XE like the way he was with CC. AND that he won't just brush it off the way he usually does any feelings associated with XE, or let jealousy get the better of him.

I wonder how their ship is gonna launch (not even set sail yet at this point) tho considering that mini-confrontation he had with QF and QF expressing his feelings about liking XE. The subsequent elevator scene with the singsong-y "good morning" and everybody's reactions after had me cracking up in laughter :Megalol:

Also the maybe-confession at the end gives me hope! Hahaha, one of the rare times we see AR insecure and willing to show it. But when I saw him backtrack after the kiss, I was like: "NO!!! get him back girl! Run after him or something!" Lelz

And goodness, miscommunication is one thing but the tangled and knotted mess of these 4 is on a whole 'nother level entirely. Who likes who, but thinks they like another however it turns out that has changed... Makes my head spin, but it'll be fun watching them unravel this tangled mess. Gotta stock up on chips and chocolate for the next ep!

:eats2:

• Like 2

Why do I get the feeling that Situ Moran has something to do with what's going on lately ... 

Spoiler

Situ Moran was just too curious for me -- wondering what Aoran and XiaoEn's relationship is...  
He freely talks to the marketing ladies (Susan and Qiu Tian) and can definitely feed them with information like Aoran and QF both likes XiaoEn. That will definitely drive those two nuts. lol  

After QF dropped off Chuchu, Situ Moran was seen talking to Chuchu.

I even think that Situ Moran has something to do with the vandalized wall painting to get both Aoran and XiaoEn to meet up. Funny how nobody else got called when that happened. Just Aoran and XiaoEn. 

The much awaited kiss ... 

Spoiler

Glad it happened but wished there was more than just that ha ha ha...  

Chuchu - I didn't really like her from the start. lol Not liking her even more after seeing latest previews. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

@Yseia Well when I think about it I totally understand Situ Aoran/ HTH being the focal point both in the novel and outside the novel. So he probably won't have flames .

@VanellopeVS2020 Yeah Given all previous shows of Marcus and the way he gives it all in such scenes I was expecting more of a aggressive Cheetah predator type scene. But There will be in future. (Let's just hope so).:fullofhearts:

Offtopic

Spoiler

Honestly except for Back to 1989 , The female lead characters Marcus has gotten are too annoying or too cliche. 

I agree the actresses were great but I was never able to watch Behind your smile beyond the 5th episode. I was able to watch Between only because it was quite light hearted  and I had suffered enough Marcus Drought.

So when Lost romance trailers were out I was like. This is it. Finally a good pairing .

@JenL I was already whipped for Marcus and Simon. Now withall these BTS translations and the slow bromance going on I won't mind Marcus and Simon doing a Boys Love drama. I would really look forward to it. :approves:

Spoiler

I seem to have noticed one other thing.

The necklace on XiaoEn's neck in ep 10 had two rings which looked quite similar to the rings they hold in the opening song. May be a hint.?

@songielove Yeah Simon pulls off his wardrobe quite gracefully.but I don't think Vivian's wardrobe suits her. 

I am constantly reminded of Yangzi's wardrobe in Go go squid seeing Vivian clothes.

Like why would you give her baggy clothes when it doesn't suit her.:idk:

Can somebody translate the preview for Ep 11 pretty please ?:Please:

• Like 1

@Anjali Punia Here's the translation of the end of Episode 10 + Episode 11 Preview (credit to skittleyrealm 279 on youtube)

Xiao En: CEO
Aoran: Everything’s all right.
Xiao En: Your hand.
If I continue rubbing like this, will your skin tear?
Aoran: I’m a man. A tear in the skin is no big injury. Help me to clean it better.
Xiao En: No problem.
Aoran: Here.
Xiao En: CEO, are you satisfied with it?
Aoran: Hardly.
Xiao En: Thanks.
Aoran: Let’s go.
Xiao En: CEO also knows how to paint?
Aoran: What’s difficult about it?
Xiao En: Is there anything you don’t know how to do?
Aoran: Wiping paint off my own hand.
Xiao En: That’s easy. Leave that to me.
Aoran: Let’s start

Aoran: I thought you had a date with Qing Feng today.
Xiao En: Why?
Aoran: He said he had a date with someone tonight.
Xiao En: There are many potential dates for him
Aoran: But the person he wants to date the most is you.
Xiao En: The relationship between Qing Feng and I is not what you think. Our relationship is very pure, sacred, noble.
Aoran: Not so pure.
Xiao En: In what way is it not pure?
Aoran: Qing Feng likes you.
Xiao En: You even believe that?
Aoran: Why wouldn’t I believe it?
Xiao En: Because I know who he truly likes.
Aoran: Who?
Xiao En: It’s a secret.
Aoran: You and Qing Feng are so close that both of you will share secrets?
Xiao En: Why not?

Aoran: I fell asleep?
Xiao En: That’s right. Just as we were starting to work, someone decided to rest.
Aoran: Lately, I’ve had difficulty falling asleep. I never thought that, with you by my side, I could actually sleep.
Xiao En: You had a nightmare?
Aoran: Lately I keep dreaming that someone pushed me down a building. So I haven’t slept well.
Xiao En: Pushed down a building?
Aoran: Yeah. Also, don’t know why, the people in my dream call me He Tian Xing, just like what you did.
Xiao En?
Xiao En: After that?
Aoran: After that I was lying flat on the ground.

Xiao En: Did you see who pushed you down?
Aoran: You know who pushed me down?
Xiao En: Situ Moran.
Aoran: That’s ridiculous. He’s my brother. Why would he push me?

Xiao En: Is this really a dream? Are you in a dream? Or am I? Why did you dream of He Tian Xing of all people? Why am I here? There must be a reason.
Aoran: Your eyes are so sorrowful. This expression doesn’t suit you. Even though you were previously very annoying and loud, and love arguing, but I like the old you better.
Xiao En: Who wants you to like? Now I’m...
Aoran: Do you really not want?
Xiao En: What?
Aoran: Me liking you.

Aoran: Sorry.

EP11 preview
Aoran: I like Zheng Xiao En.
Xiao En: I, Zheng Xiao En, have successfully become the overbearing CEO’s little rose.
Xiao En: Now I know that the feeling of being protected by someone is such a blessed feeling
Xiao En: I wish that we can be together with the person that we like.
Qiu Tian: Cunning girl seduces Chief Strategy Officer at midnight, secretly meeting in the room
Qing Feng: Someone in the office has ill will towards Xiao En, shouldn’t you pay more attention to her safety?

Episode 11 Preview (Ver. 2) (credit translation to smriti kumari on youtube)

Aoran: What happened? I can't like Zheng Xiao En.
Qing Feng: What happened to you and Aoran?
Chuchu: Xiao En. You will still be like before. Bless me.
Xiao En: Who did I offend?
Qing Feng: Enough.
Aoran: I like Zheng Xiao En.
Xiao En: Bless us. So we can be with the people we like.

• Like 3

@Ayame Oh My !!  you gave completed translation for Ep10+ 11 preview video.

:approves::fullofhearts:

Thank you so much. 

This is gonna be so good. 

I am so looking forward to Ep 11 now. Can't wait for subtitles for Ep 10 too.

No matter how hard I try I watch the raw as soon as it comes out.

Over the years I have watched So many K dramas that I don't need subtitles for them

But I haven't yet been able to understand Mandarin.

In yesterdays ep I understood only three lines 

Lucky.

Good Morning

I am not a stalker. ( LOL that cracked me up)

And Subian ( whatever) ( Thanks to Untamed)

• Like 1

Ahhhhhh this week was pretty good story-wise. I feel like the story is tightening and the mystery about the shared consciousness/ romance novel is starting to come together better. Have to say, as more of a Qing Feng fan (though I have nothing against Aoran - just that I'm not as invested in his character) this episode hurt my heart a little because I was like nooooo...the misunderstanding that Xiao En has about who Qing Feng likes (because he never corrected her) is going to be sad to watch. Ah, the mistakes of the second lead. Most people came to this drama because you're all quite obviously big Marcus fans, so I feel like this is a very very happy turning point for Aoran....but was anyone's heartbreaking at least a little like mine? :sweatingbullets: 

(But they seem to love Simon in the BTS for his weirdness - so that made me feel better. Translations soon!)

(*To clarify, I like Marcus. I think he's a good actor and pretty to look at and I did also pick this drama because I saw him billed as lead. But Simon falls under the type of prettiness and weirdness that I like most and Qing Feng is the character that is so wholesome but also gonna get most wounded in the end probably, soooo I'm fangirling in that direction. I'm a sucker for the underdog, so it can't be helped! Haha)

4 hours ago, Yseia said:

And goodness, miscommunication is one thing but the tangled and knotted mess of these 4 is on a whole 'nother level entirely. Who likes who, but thinks they like another however it turns out that has changed... Makes my head spin, but it'll be fun watching them unravel this tangled mess. Gotta stock up on chips and chocolate for the next ep!

@Yseia Totally agree with your assessment of Xiao En's clothes...and this bit about the main 4 characters. It's so messy to figure out who likes who. There's a lot of miscommunication and misunderstanding, and also Situ Moran is just playing everyone for his own amusements at the moment (since he seems to have a sharp understanding). Yep, need snacks coz the drama is only just intensfying!

@songielove I agree Simon does pull off Qing Feng's clothes- He look comfortable and cool (like his personality), but at times, he has some weird combinations compared to others. And yep, costumes speak to the characters (I kinda work in a movie related field and have learnt that fashion is not costume, costume must tell about the character's personality). I think what bother's me is the lengths sometimes....which is also what bother's me about Xiao En's clothes. These weird, stretched lengths. Unlike QF, a lot of Xiao En's clothes are weird though! I kind of wish she was more like Chun tian or at least in less of drab pastel layers and strange sack cuttings.

@Anjali Punia True what you say about the circles and flames. I really doubt the main character will change though. I think the only change has been brought on by Xiao En forcing a swap of places with Chu Chu through being more proactive- doesn't seem like it'll shift the others. Hahahaha, Simon and Marcus doing a boy's love drama would be too hot for all of us = there's some strong bromance in this week's BTS, which made me laugh.

@cheekychipmunk_stv Ah, yes. I feel like my theory is probably coming true. I think I posted here in a much earlier comment and maybe some other thread that Chu Chu would probably turn into second lead if Xiao En took her place (otherwise she would have no identity in the story. But also jealousy since she's used to getting all the male attention.)

• Like 2
2 hours ago, JenL said:

Ahhhhhh this week was pretty good story-wise. I feel like the story is tightening and the mystery about the shared consciousness/ romance novel is starting to come together better. Have to say, as more of a Qing Feng fan (though I have nothing against Aoran - just that I'm not as invested in his character) this episode hurt my heart a little because I was like nooooo...the misunderstanding that Xiao En has about who Qing Feng likes (because he never corrected her) is going to be sad to watch. Ah, the mistakes of the second lead. Most people came to this drama because you're all quite obviously big Marcus fans, so I feel like this is a very very happy turning point for Aoran....but was anyone's heartbreaking at least a little like mine? :sweatingbullets: 

ME! My heart started hurting the minute, XE misunderstood him in the hospital and thought he still liked CC and QF didn't clarify that they weren't talking about him... for me that's when things started going downhill for him. And then it was compounded by XE's mistaken attempt to tease AR :sweat:

6 hours ago, VanellopeVS2020 said:

Why do I get the feeling that Situ Moran has something to do with what's going on lately ... 

Reveal hidden contents

Situ Moran was just too curious for me -- wondering what Aoran and XiaoEn's relationship is...  
He freely talks to the marketing ladies (Susan and Qiu Tian) and can definitely feed them with information like Aoran and QF both likes XiaoEn. That will definitely drive those two nuts. lol  

After QF dropped off Chuchu, Situ Moran was seen talking to Chuchu.

I even think that Situ Moran has something to do with the vandalized wall painting to get both Aoran and XiaoEn to meet up. Funny how nobody else got called when that happened. Just Aoran and XiaoEn. 

The much awaited kiss ... 

Reveal hidden contents

Glad it happened but wished there was more than just that ha ha ha...  

Chuchu - I didn't really like her from the start. lol Not liking her even more after seeing latest previews. 

Hehe, TJ/MR  for me is like the embodiment of chaotic good veering chaotic neutral character here. He's ike the typical laidback non-heir where there's no expectations of him so he just bums around, sticking his nose where he don't belong kinda guy and then stirs up the pot 'coz he bored... He kinda has an inkling and overview of the goings on and the siblings' relationship looks good on paper that it looks like he'd wanna help out his lil bro. Here's to hoping it stays this good all throughout and translate into their real world soon. 

@VanellopeVS2020 I second your sentiments on Chuchu... hahaha 

• Like 4

@JenL I totally get you. Yeah I am a huge Marcus fan but till now the show hasn't been really able to get me invested in Situ Aoran. His character has had development only now  where as QingFeng has already grown on all of us in previous episodes.

Off Topic

Spoiler

(I rarely search an actor's name to see his other works. Only Sushant Singh Rajput ( Indian Actor : This one's a tragedy though) and Jasper Liu apart from Marcus have made me do so. And Simon made me do it.

Will be watching Angel N Devil . And Someday or Oneday.

XiaoEn and QingFeng scene in hospital was when it all went downhill. My heart broke into two at that point.

Plus it seems XiaoEn will continue to misunderstand that QingFeng has feelings for ChuChu instead.

I have  seen a few BL dramas . I have to say Taiwan goes all out on them ( Well I binge watched all HIstory seasons recently). It definitely is going to be too hot to handle.

I am not at all worried about the bullying though. She is XiaoEn .She won't really sit back because of the bullying right? 

• Like 2

I don't care a bit for the wardrobe. For me they could wear neon colored plushy onsies. Even those Cinderella shopping spree trope is something I never will understand since it shows how shallow the world is.

Everyone like wearing nice things to feel good but in a Drama the storyline, chemistry, directing, casting, acting ability and literal everything come before wardrobe for me. No offense to people who have a different opinion, I probably was always too much a nerd and played with my male cousins and classmates. :sweatingbullets:

I'm excited how the Drama is turning out. I'm so hooked bc of all the possibilities how the story is going on. And for the first time I have a delusional second lead syndrome even though AR is starting to become a deeper character. :phew:

• Insightful 1

@Yseia @Anjali Punia Haha, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who feels very sorry for QF. I know everyone was excited about that AR and XE kiss, which is fair enough since it's been a long time coming for the main characters, but I was just watching that episode with like painful heartburn and dread for QF.

:fear:

Ah, the poor second leads are always push-overs - he's too nice to turn down eating dinner with CC which I feel like he shouldn't have done. It's going to bite him in a future episode as it'll just further the misunderstanding that XE has about who he likes. Damn that Chu Chu. And yea, it's only just the beginning of a more interesting character development for AR (one that ties him to TX), whereas they've spent so much time building up QF that as one viki commenter said: They've gone too deep with the second lead and it's gonna hurt bad when it's clear that he's not first lead.

@VanellopeVS2020 Yeah, I've never liked Chu Chu. I didn't like her when she was the sickeningly girly first lead...I didn't like her when they made her XE's "friend" who she accidentally kisses (I think Snowbaby x Vivian was fun at the fan meet, but didn't have a shipping of their characters) and I'm pretty sure I'm not about to like her if she creates a divide (accidentally or intentionally) between QF and XE or bullies XE because of AR not paying attention to her. 

@Usi Yeah, I'm not fashionable either, but I think costumes can better portray a type of character and can be important in the same way that setting, acting and directing is in a film/TV series. Also this is probably why costume design is a category at award shows like the Oscars. But it's probably a good thing the clothes haven't distracted you! Yeah, I agree - my second lead syndrome is so deep in this drama!!

Off Topic thoughts

Spoiler

@Anjali Punia Yeah, same! I haven't liked a single one of his pairings since Ivy Shao's Zhen Zhen in Back to 1989 (I don't mind the actresses who all seem nice, but I just thought they gave them such sappy or whiney or Chu-Chu-like characters that I couldn't invest in the romance or the shows). I couldn't make it past the first episode of Between even though I really also liked the actor who played second lead in that drama too (Sam Lin). This is the first Marcus drama I've watched and liked since Back to 1989 (I watched Behind Your Smile for the story, but found it hard to like the female character) ! If you enjoyed  Back to 1989, I think you'll really like Someday or One Day. I recently finished it and I think it's my fave T-drama of all time, a surprise since it's not a Jasper drama (but Greg Hsu is an excellent actor). The story was pretty strong and there's also a sense of mystery and as well as a very aesthetic romance. Simon only has a cameo in Ep 8, but it's an interesting role and I really liked the behind the scenes with him in it - so funny as always.

• Like 2

Ahh its good to read that others also do feel the second lead syndrome. I couldn’t really enjoy the anticipated kiss between Aoran and Xiao En. I just felt bad for Qing Feng.

But many netizens feel bad for him. I do think next week he will believe Xiao on. Otherwise very disappointed. AR I really don’t know lol. Its 50/50 for me. I hope he does though for the sake of the story lol.

I started watching for Marcus so I like him and he and vivian are adorable. I just ship the pairing yet cuz its not build up enough yet. Though I think it will I will still prefer QF and XE. 

Fashionwise Simon does pull it off but not not best choices. Vivian’s are a hit and miss for me. 

chu chu I definitely don’t like her now. Only found her character annoying before.

I love the cast interactions. The BTS are amazing. They all look like they are having a blast.

Does anyone know how far they are into the filming?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Usaheaven said:

Ahh its good to read that others also do feel the second lead syndrome. I couldn’t really enjoy the anticipated kiss between Aoran and Xiao En. I just felt bad for Qing Feng.

@Usaheaven oh, I can relate! I didn't feel excitement for the kiss sadly because I was just dying for Qing Feng. Also, they juxtaposed the kiss with the scenes of him having dinner with Chu Chu (which he wasn't really into) and I just felt like it was a stab to his character's story line. I've seen some other netizen reactions - I think Simon got spammed with messages according to a story he has on instagram, haha.

I started watching for Marcus so I like him and he and vivian are adorable. I just ship the pairing yet cuz its not build up enough yet. Though I think it will I will still prefer QF and XE. 

Same, same, having second lead syndrome is hard, isn't it? Haha, I want it to happen knowing it won't happen. And yet I like the main character too - I just feel like the better romance is coming from second lead.

I love the cast interactions. The BTS are amazing. They all look like they are having a blast.

Does anyone know how far they are into the filming?

I think they started filming in late March/ April (?) so they're at least 2 weeks ahead. And in the last BTS I translated (Episode 9), Marcus mentioned that they had filmed 12 episodes already, though not sure if he was exaggerating as part of his joke...if that's the case they're in the space of 3 episodes ahead, more or less? Guess it depends on whether they shoot scenes in order. I know shooting sometimes depends on things like weather and schedules.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JenL said:

@Usaheaven oh, I can relate! I didn't feel excitement for the kiss sadly because I was just dying for Qing Feng. Also, they juxtaposed the kiss with the scenes of him having dinner with Chu Chu (which he wasn't really into) and I just felt like it was a stab to his character's story line. I've seen some other netizen reactions - I think Simon got spammed with messages according to a story he has on instagram, haha.

@JenL  Exactly.  He was being too nice and still went to dinner with her. Yes I saw that instagram story. It shows what a great character QF is and how Simon plays him so well. 

1 hour ago, JenL said:

Same, same, having second lead syndrome is hard, isn't it? Haha, I want it to happen knowing it won't happen. And yet I like the main character too - I just feel like the better romance is coming from second lead.

So so hard! Yes I keep watching knowing that they won't end up together but part of me can't give up hope for it to happen. I totally agree that the better romance is coming from the second lead. Like yes I know Aoran still has time to develop but still with other shows  I felt like by this point the ML seems to have done more to deserve the FL than AR has. That is my problem.  Also can't help but think yes I get just cuz someone treats you better doesn't mean you like them lol but like it a drama why can't they pick the guy that always is by your side and you just get along with so well.  (Second Lead).   Anyways I think that even at the end I will still like the second lead romance better but I have hope that that AR/XE will get a lot more development soon so at least I feel they are rootable. 

1 hour ago, JenL said:

I think they started filming in late March/ April (?) so they're at least 2 weeks ahead. And in the last BTS I translated (Episode 9), Marcus mentioned that they had filmed 12 episodes already, though not sure if he was exaggerating as part of his joke...if that's the case they're in the space of 3 episodes ahead, more or less? Guess it depends on whether they shoot scenes in order. I know shooting sometimes depends on things like weather and schedules.

Awesome so that always gives me a little hope that they can give QF a better ending.  I don't mean change the main couple but at least a better ending if he doesn't have one.

Spoiler

So on to the promos.  I feel like they did one pro QF and one more pro AR.  Did anyone else feel their heart be really sad at that part where XE was saying she hopes they can be the person they like?  I was like so sad because its not going to happen since QF likes you and you don't see it at all. Also they better not make QF do something like not believe in XE. He is such a great character. I don't want that to happen but I worry that they might do that and have AR believe her. 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Usaheaven said:

It shows what a great character QF is and how Simon plays him so well. 

@Usaheaven Totally agree!  There's a lot of love going towards both the sweet and considerate character of QF and the fun, adorably weird Simon. 

So so hard! Yes I keep watching knowing that they won't end up together but part of me can't give up hope for it to happen. I totally agree that the better romance is coming from the second lead. Like yes I know Aoran still has time to develop but still with other shows  I felt like by this point the ML seems to have done more to deserve the FL than AR has. That is my problem.  Also can't help but think yes I get just cuz someone treats you better doesn't mean you like them lol but like it a drama why can't they pick the guy that always is by your side and you just get along with so well.  (Second Lead).   Anyways I think that even at the end I will still like the second lead romance better but I have hope that that AR/XE will get a lot more development soon so at least I feel they are rootable. 

I think you've perfectly summed up my feelings too - ah, rooting for the impossible hurts. Generally I feel like the fight for the girl's affection between main lead and second lead should be a bit more even by the half way mark of a drama, otherwise it feels a bit unfair? And this bittersweet feeling just makes me want to support the second lead more ;____; You're right, though - in real life, you don't always like the nicest person. But in a story world, where you think of happy endings for nice people, it can be weird to see a character so deserving not get what they deserve, especially when they're painted as doing the right things (so far).

Awesome so that always gives me a little hope that they can give QF a better ending.  I don't mean change the main couple but at least a better ending if he doesn't have one.

Yeah, I think I just want to see a nice ending for QF. Not with Chu Chu either. I actually wouldn't mind if he didn't get with XE and there was someone cool out there for him. But so far, I feel like all the female characters in this series really don't sit anywhere close to XE (unless they bring in a cameo character at the end). I don't mind him being alone if he's not hurt by the whole incident. But it still seems somewhat sad. 

At least Simon has Marcus though XD I have always wanted to see Marcus Chang in a gangster movie. Simon and Marcus would look so suave as gangsters. Just imagine a gangster X Boys love movie, haha (For those who don't know what I'm talking about, you'll see in the BTS soon enough)

8q9b1pK.png

• Like 2
4 hours ago, JenL said:

I think you've perfectly summed up my feelings too - ah, rooting for the impossible hurts. Generally I feel like the fight for the girl's affection between main lead and second lead should be a bit more even by the half way mark of a drama, otherwise it feels a bit unfair? And this bittersweet feeling just makes me want to support the second lead more ;____; You're right, though - in real life, you don't always like the nicest person. But in a story world, where you think of happy endings for nice people, it can be weird to see a character so deserving not get what they deserve, especially when they're painted as doing the right things (so far).

@JenL  Totally agree. I am really hoping that the second remains painted as doing the right things still. TBH this is the worst  sls I have ever had like ever. 

4 hours ago, JenL said:

Yeah, I think I just want to see a nice ending for QF. Not with Chu Chu either. I actually wouldn't mind if he didn't get with XE and there was someone cool out there for him. But so far, I feel like all the female characters in this series really don't sit anywhere close to XE (unless they bring in a cameo character at the end). I don't mind him being alone if he's not hurt by the whole incident. But it still seems somewhat sad. 

Yes not with Chu Chu. That would not be a nice ending. I would feel like that would have been forced.  Yes currently there is no female character that I think of that should be with him. So they would have to bring someone in  just like a cameo to show hope or something. I just don't really currently see how they could give him QF a happy ending though. I can see him letting her go considering she has to return to the real world though.

4 hours ago, JenL said:

At least Simon has Marcus though XD I have always wanted to see Marcus Chang in a gangster movie. Simon and Marcus would look so suave as gangsters. Just imagine a gangster X Boys love movie, haha (For those who don't know what I'm talking about, you'll see in the BTS soon enough)

8q9b1pK.png

i just love Simon and Marcus in the BTS stuff.  I love reading your translations dear!  Also they are cute on social media too.  Yes they would totally rock the gangster vibe and any BL drama.  

• Like 1

@JenL @Usaheaven The second lead syndrome is really too strong in this one.

We are way too deep into it.

What hurts the most is there is very like very less Possibility that QF is in real world too.

And yeah Agreed No Character in the series except for Xiao En is worthy enough of him. So a cameo at end would be nice. 

(In the most weird case scenario what if MingLi comes in for QF. she definitely need someone like QF to keep all that negativity out. Here in the novel version .Lol My imagination has run wild. I don't know but Mingli has quite grown on me now , even though she is evil I am still rooting for her . I mean after all this drama if the entire blame falls on her it would not make sense. I would like to see an apology from the parents to Mingli too. 

Offtopic 

The drama Young days never fear kept on popping up in recommendations in both vidol and YouTube so I thought to give it a try. It's also from SETTV plus the male lead looked good. 

But then I saw the episode count 60

And I was like:coolcat:nopez I am outta here. Does anybody watch it ? Is it worth it?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Anjali Punia said:

@JenL @Usaheaven The second lead syndrome is really too strong in this one.

We are way too deep into it.

What hurts the most is there is very like very less Possibility that QF is in real world too.

@Anjali Punia  I know. There is nothing that we know that shows QF is in the real world. This secret he has I wonder how long til we find out what it is.

1 hour ago, Anjali Punia said:

(In the most weird case scenario what if MingLi comes in for QF. she definitely need someone like QF to keep all that negativity out. Here in the novel version .Lol My imagination has run wild. I don't know but Mingli has quite grown on me now , even though she is evil I am still rooting for her . I mean after all this drama if the entire blame falls on her it would not make sense. I would like to see an apology from the parents to Mingli too. 

Actually I was thinking about MingLi as well.  Like how come no counterpart in the novel world. But I do feel so bad for how she is but it is all her parents fault that she wants so hard to succeed and win. To prove her worth.  Hm.. I donno what I think about him and Ming Li but yes QF could definitely be good for her. 

Offtopic:

Haha I get that recommendation all the time too but nope have never watched it yet. 

I wonder when they will release other goodies for Ep 11.  I hope it will be good for QF vs AR lol. 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Usaheaven said:

@JenL  Totally agree. I am really hoping that the second remains painted as doing the right things still. TBH this is the worst  sls I have ever had like ever. 

@Usaheaven Haha, yes! This is totally the worst case of second lead syndrome I've ever experienced! I'm usually pretty ok with second leads, but this one has really gotten me!

Yes not with Chu Chu. That would not be a nice ending. I would feel like that would have been forced.  Yes currently there is no female character that I think of that should be with him. So they would have to bring someone in  just like a cameo to show hope or something. I just don't really currently see how they could give him QF a happy ending though. I can see him letting her go considering she has to return to the real world though.

I totally agree - that would be such a forced ending with Chu Chu, especially since she really doesn't match him. I would love a cameo with a cooler female character for him, but my realistic experience with Sanlih shows is they don't really tend to do cameos? Sad I'm not sure how they could work it into a happy ending for him either - but maybe it's a sad ending for everyone - I mean they all have to go back to liking Chu Chu when Xiao En leaves the story world (unless the story has changed permanently)...haha, that is a very sad ending for all!

i just love Simon and Marcus in the BTS stuff.  I love reading your translations dear!  Also they are cute on social media too.  Yes they would totally rock the gangster vibe and any BL drama.  

Thanks for reading ^^ Haha, that Marcus & Simon gangster movie is my dream now. Just need a director to see these BTS scenes and make it happen!

11 hours ago, Anjali Punia said:

Offtopic 

The drama Young days never fear kept on popping up in recommendations in both vidol and YouTube so I thought to give it a try. It's also from SETTV plus the male lead looked good. 

But then I saw the episode count 60

@Anjali Punia Haha, I have thought about that before weirdly enough. If MingLi was different in the story world (like how Tian's Xing assistant, Susan, is mean and silly in the story world, but responsible and helpful in the real world), then maybe. I mean, she'd be cool and trying-to-be-an-independent-woman if she wasn't so greedy and psychotic. But given she's like a villain in the series, and isn't in the story world, it's a weird path to go down...

As for the real world, I'm not sure if QF will pop up - there's no clues so far and in interviews Simon has said he only exists in the story world (Read here). But then again, those were early interviews and actors try not to spoil the story when they start promoting/ or they don't know what will happen in future episodes yet. 

The endings I've thought of which are not my dream endings, but the kind of forced mildly "happy" endings I feel the script writers might give a second lead: If QF does turn up in the real world, at the very end (maybe a romance writer who visits Xiao En's company), and runs into Chun Tian (the real friend) and her boy-crazy self might start to fan girl over him, while he sort of doesn't (yet) notice her. I guess I just thought of this since XE will probably end up with TX. And Xiao En's friend is meant to be portrayed as nice in real life (looking after XE all the hospital as opposed to the bully in the story world) and she's obviously not going to end up with TX...she's also always saying every guy is good looking...imagine if she ran into QF! Could also happen with Susan, if he visited TX's company instead of XE's company (This is less likely since Susan seems focused on her job).

I don't feel very strongly for the female characters in this series aside from XE and I don't like their bully story versions, and Qing Feng is too good for any of them in my eyes, but I have seen these types of endings before in other dramas, so preparing myself for these weird combinations that I don't know if I want!! Haha.

Offtopics about Young Days and Jasper Liu:

Spoiler

I haven't started Young Days. It looks like it might be interesting - I like Mini Tsai from her Back to 1989 days as Marcus' character's mum! I'm so-so about the male lead Danson. He's a good actor, but I've never really fangirled over him and wasn't a fan of his last drama Murphy's Law of Love (it just wasn't to my taste). I like the second female lead though, Lyan Su - she's always so cute. I didn't realise it was a long form drama though - 60 episodes is intense!! Jasper Liu did the opening song, so it's quite nice. Speaking of Jasper it's his birthday today! I think some people here mentioned they were his fans here...I'll be uploading more content from when I saw him at fan meets/ plus Before we get married BTS translations today in celebration. If interested, check back here later today: https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/08/happy-birthday-jasper-liu.html

• Like 2
  • Jillia changed the title to [Taiwanese Drama 2020] Lost Romance 浪漫輸給你