[Taiwanese Drama 2020] Lost Romance 浪漫輸給你

0ly40

Oooh a lot to catch up, but getting sleepy so I'll reply to all your theories tomorrow. but just watched that trailer @Ayame and @Anjali Punia and wow, when Aoran moves, he moves fast.

Anyway, this is just an update for Behind the Scenes Translations - I've done a bunch since the last time:

Started Episode 9 BTS translations -Haha, so much laughs and innuendo in yoga classes with Vivian and simon. Will finish other scenes tomorrow: https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/08/lost-romance-episode-9-behind-scenes.html

5k0TdkD.png

F0JrdNI.png

Finished Episode 8 BTS translations: Simon+Marcus at the theme park, short scene where Vivian + Marcus pretend to be wife and hubby, Simon+ Vivian at the Maid cat cafe: https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/08/lost-romance-episode-8-behind-scenes.html

Spoiler

wYAqYIK.png

eX7J82o.png

Finally, Also finished Episode 6 BTS translations: Is Marcus wearing pants in bed with Vivian? Fake families with Simon, Vivian, Marcus & Snowbaby, Simon tries to pick up both Marcus and Vivian, Marcus has a poke fight with Vivian, Simon acts as Xiao En: https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/07/lost-romance-episode-6-behind-scenes.html

Spoiler

vvrNMoW.png

2GUdL8b.png

Edited by Lynne
For picture more than 3, please put them under spoiler box :)
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

I rewatched ep 9 again without subs.

Lol there is no cure. Totally addicted.

Well the stepbrother wasn't explicitly shown doing the misdeed so may be he just froze and neither helped nor pushed HTH?

Will watch again with subs .

Lol I think I am gonna rewatch all ep1-9 all over again over the next week and then go and watch the 10th one.

Quarantine doesn't seem to be getting over so might as well enjoy it to hearts content

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Anjali Punia said:

Well the stepbrother wasn't explicitly shown doing the misdeed so may be he just froze and neither helped nor pushed HTH?

Yes, from what I saw too, the brother fell because the sister stopped him by reminding TJ....

Spoiler

about  TX's mothers death and TX may come back at them for revenge. It is still not clear exactly what happened to TX's mom, but it is becoming clear that someone did something to her which is why she died and the family is somehow responsible. And apparently it was bad enough that they fear TX's retaliation.

• Like 3

After saw new preview for ep 10. I feel bad for Chuchu but can't wait for kiss scene lol. I bet that scene will be ending for ep 10 and we need to suffer again waiting for a week . If it not for ending scene ep 10, that kiss not gonna happen, to fast i think.

Im happy finally Aoran got initiative :rickroll:

• Like 2

@JenL thanks so much for taking the time to translate BTS videos! I usually can’t understand them because they talk quickly and use slang that I can’t figure out. It’s so fun to see the interactions of the actors outside of the script, especially the side actors that we see or think very little about,but who are also very much so part of the community of the cast. Just like when I read the news that Puff and the guy who played HaoYi in BWGM dated, I was like...what?!? You’re not a main character! Haha.

I really enjoyed episode 9! Of course, the ending killed me with how the book world is expanding. (Do I need to put in a spoiler note if it's already out on Viki?) I thought the part with the cell phone glowing and changing Aorans intended recipient was so interesting and funny. And I like how qingfeng is stepping up his game! I wonder how long they’ll drag out XiaoEn thinking that Aoran is doing it all for ChuChu. The previews for episode 10 look great! But I thin next time I need to hold back from watching BTS on Vidol or too many preview clips...I think it takes away from the wow factor of seeing scenes for the first time on Viki, fully subbed. I remember when I first started watching Asian dramas, I thought I was so weird that the whole story would basically be revealed in the opening intro sequence. Even though I’ve gotten used to it and even enjoy the level of set expectations that comes with that, I still enjoy some mystery and suspense out what I actually going to happen!

• Like 1

@guinearoyal I really like your theory. It makes simple, logical sense and at the same time, I can see how bits of other theories could weave in and would still work altogether.

116875544-211707626944151-70992918759124

Cr. IG enjoyentertainmentofficial

I am soooooo excited!! But because we can't trust previews anymore, I'm going to be cautious as well, but more on the hopeful side. That scene looks beautiful. The feel is different! Ao Ran is different. Maybe some Tian Xing in him... :transforms:

Considering the timeline, I actually think it would be appropriate (more so if the kiss happens at the very end of Ep10 or beginning of Ep11). We need to wrap up Ao Ran's love and identity crises because Tian Xing and Xiao En still have to wake up, remember each other, uncover the family issues/solve the rooftop case together (is there a drone video?), take back his rightful position in the company, get rid of Chuchu (sorry), and [fall in] love again. Also, the matter with Qing Feng.

Did I mention I'm soooo excited!? Ep10 might be looking for a new record in ratings. :heart2beat::please:

• Like 4

Don't be too excited since such a long zoom-in normally means they won't kiss at all :sweatingbullets:. And they already mislead us with the love confession. AND it will surely be at the end of the episode, so they leave us hanging for 2 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/4/2020 at 1:29 AM, Yseia said:

I think TJ is not all that bad, mostly coz for me it felt like he's stepping up in the 1st place to protect the Wei Family from Ming Li and at the same time to make amends for his lapse in judgement with TX. Now Ming Li is using his feelings of guilt to twist him to her plans. I get where she is coming from, considering that she is the "family decoration" and can't seem to fit anywhere. It's kinda telling that for all that she acts all high and mighty she actually has a very bad inferiority complex...

Loving all the theories popping up, I have some as well but for now I'mma hold off on thinking up more coz at this stage, it's anybody's game and the story can go any which way. At this point, I just wanna sit back and watch how the characters maneuver themselves or are shuffled around based on the author's scanarios

@Yseia Yeah, I'm agreeing about what you think about Tian Jian - I actually think his character is interesting because he's kind of complex. Like he's struggling with himself on whether he's a good person, whether he should fight for family wealth and whether he should be loyal to family or to his own ideas/ values. The arrival of Situ Moran (who is clearly bad/ mischief-making) to the story world is also fun because aside from the romance, the world is a bit flat without a real villain (although I guess it balances out the real world which seems to be full of sharks). I also agree with you about the theories - I like assessing other people's theories at the moment rather than proposing my own thoughts because there's so many possibilities and I feel like I'll accidentally rehash someone else's ideas at the moment.

@guinearoyal I totally love and agree with this part of your theory: The world they are in is created from a mixture of Xiao En and Aoran's mind. I think that the reason that this all happened is that TX's spirit latched onto Xiao En as someone who could help him and dragged her into the dream state with him as an attempt to communicate for her to help him. (Kind of like a form of haunting) This is most likely carried out, due to TX's feelings of being betrayed by his whole family and needing someone to help save him. But, because TX is in a coma, he is not able to communicate clearly with Xiao En, he can only bring her to his empty space. But since Xiao En is technically still conscious, she created a world in that space to move around it. 

Haha, I personally don't think Qing Feng is a version of Tian Xing's dad only because of a practical thought: I imagine the rage the scriptwriter's would face from Qing Feng fan girls. But in dramas anything is possible and I have seen weirder story lines before, I guess. I do think it's suspicious that his dad is also unconscious (not dead!) when the main couple are unconscious so I think he may exist in the story world as well. If I had a theory, maybe it's that Xiao En will leave the story world once when she reminds Aoran of what happened to Tian Xing and they find his dad in the dream world and wake him up in the real world. Perhaps that is Xiao En's "mission" and once that happens, all 3 of them will wake into the real world - Tian Xing because he remembers what happened and now has help, The dad because he knows Tian Xing is suffering and it's not his time yet and Xiao En because she's resolved her guilt and helped him. 

• Insightful 1

Well I have been thinking. The guy who is always on Mingli's side. Is he in love or does Mingli hold something over his head too?

Because even a fool can see where what Mingli is doing is gonna lead to 

That level of loyalty it's gonna be love blackmail or pure stupidity.

As far as Asian dramas are concerned I have seen there is always an redemption arc. Though I hate it, it sort of does provide a closure 

@songielove agreed they need tosort the mess in dreams wake up sort the mess there fall in love again and have to wrap every angle so I won't be surprised if the story picks up the pace now because the real problems are in real world. 

And half the show has already gone to Dreamland.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JenL said:

all 3 of them will wake into the real world

I think daddy already died, he still in coma because help from ECMO life support, if someone already using ECMO, they have a severe and life-threatening illness that stops their heart or lungs from working properly.

• Insightful 1

For all those thank yous, it's all good! Still pacing along with translating Episode 9 BTS and translated the restaurant scene today. Here's a love of a different sort...Marcus and Simon XD .haha: https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/08/lost-romance-episode-9-behind-scenes.html

mYWEQoX.png

I feel like @Yseia will appreciate this picture!

@Anjali Punia @guinearoyal Yep, I do feel it's not Tian Jian but the forces around him that would have caused the push. Like he probably panicked. As for what their family did to Tian Xing, I do wonder if the evii Uncle Hu also influenced them to do it since he seems like he's been playing their family for awhile and probably wanted something to blackmail them with/ control them with in the future. 

@cheekychipmunk_stv I feel like Tian Xing will find out how he fell from Xiao En. It's likely to be the wake up call to jig him back to the real world. Xiao En is certainly changing the story - I liked your description of Qing Feng's puppy dog eyes...haha, that guy is just so cute. The show will have 20 episodes - This channel Sanlih tends to do the 20 episode run of their idol dramas (Must be a budgeting/season scheduling thing? It's different to other channels who do the 13 episodes). They have sometimes extended their dramas to 20 when they were originally less. 

@songielove oooh, it's happening (though I'm feeling some real deep pain for Qing Feng on the inside)! But yeah, I wonder how and when the 2 stories will merge. I do get the impression from interviews and stuff that a bulk of the drama was to take place in the story world. There's still things not yet explained - Qing Feng's fire, Aoran's messages diverting, the story re-writing itself to include Xiao En. But then when I think of what's happened to Tian Xing and the mystery with his family, there's a lot to unpack there too. I'm hoping they won't squish these things into just the last few episodes because I think these things need time to be developed!

@Feby Valentiya Haha, that's the happy version of my theory. I don't think the father is technically dead yet, but maybe hanging on a thread (life support is still 'life'). I feel like since Xiao En and Tian Xing are unconscious, and the father is in such a state, there's a chance that they'll meet in this dreamland/shared consciousness/ limbo. I feel like if they do meet, he'll help them in some way and Xiao En and Tian Xing will go back, but something will happen to the father - unhappy ending: he dies fully and Tian Xing gets the courage to fight the evil family, happy ending: he recovers and helps to restore Tina Xing to rightful CEO position, but I suppose my point is it he can't just be in hospital forever. So I think his story might intersect with theirs in some way.

@Slyphykougn Haha I understand most of the language, but the written captions always get me coz my reading is not very good, so that's the bits I do have to look up (but is good practice for my Chinese). I remember reading about Puff potentially dating Steven Sun...but I kind of doubt it? I need to see pics or it didn't happen! I agree - the phone diverting was funny, but I wonder if that means the world will try to pull him away from Xiao En since he's not playing his role properly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 2

Rewatching the entire drama

Good lord why is the entire male cast ( leave the father and uncle aside) so hot.

Goodness.

Whoever does Mingli's wardrobe deserves an award. Now that I have gotten through her being pure evil I am seeing more of her outfits than her character.

And Xiao En's friends in novel world are too hilarious.

And What if like what if Aorans confused feelings are not because of his awakening but writer changing the plot? Like Chuntian probably got her to change the script a bit but the end game is not yet decided that's why the message still went to chu-chu?

I mean ever since that hot spring episode Aoran hasn't had the flames right? If he is developing feelings out of the plot he should also have flames.

No issues Though Marcus is hot enough as it is .

• Like 2

Ah, finally finished by Ep 9 Behind the Scenes Translations (minus the scenes I'm not interested in). If you're not sure what to do with yourself till the next episode, you can read all their silly, cute moments now: https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/08/lost-romance-episode-9-behind-scenes.html

CtcN8tF.png

KPM6mbi.png

Also have other translations for other Behind the Scenes/ interviews/ fan meets for Lost romance - you can find them on the right hand side menu of the blog, just scroll down till you find the Lost Romance section

s1kWB5S.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/8/2020 at 3:31 PM, Anjali Punia said:

Whoever does Mingli's wardrobe deserves an award. Now that I have gotten through her being pure evil I am seeing more of her outfits than her character.

Haha, I talked about this with someone on another Lost Romance forum thread - I'm not the most fashionable person in the world, but damn Ming Li has quite a cool boss wardrobe. She's probably screaming more runaway model rather than CEO (in fact kinda inappropriate office wear), but yeah I like her outfits. The sad thing is - though Qing Feng and Xiao En are my favourite characters, I'm not a fan of their costumes. I mean they're both pretty people, so they make things work ok with their expressions and acting. But even in a story world I doubt characters would dress like that. (I think even Vivian and Simon think their clothes are funny - since Vivian teased Simon about looking like a kid and Simon joked at Vivian's butterfly sleeves).

On 8/8/2020 at 3:31 PM, Anjali Punia said:

And What if like what if Aorans confused feelings are not because of his awakening but writer changing the plot? Like Chuntian probably got her to change the script a bit but the end game is not yet decided that's why the message still went to chu-chu?

I mean ever since that hot spring episode Aoran hasn't had the flames right? If he is developing feelings out of the plot he should also have flames.

Interesting theory about the ending not decided. Chun Tian's scenes for awhile have been about her seeing Xiao En in hospital - would love to know what's going on with the book. As for the flames, maybe it's the same thing as the phone message diverting. Maybe it's less to do with the awakened consciousness and more to do with the story world forcing them in line - Qing Feng will burn away and Aoran's attentions will still go to Chu Chu? 

• Like 1

Wardrobe is just as important to a character, so I tend to be tuned to it all drama long. I actually like QF's look, very free and loose, but put-together. I can't say it works for everyone; Simon's tall and lean build pulls it off nicely. I think Xiao En's wardrobe could improve. It's not horrible, but sometimes its layering "effortless" look doesn't translate Xiao En's simplicity all too well. Wonder if there will be slight adjustments as she is/will be crowned the female lead. I like Ao Ran's wardrobe for him. It's suitable and compliments the CEO's domineering look and personality (and Marcus' physique). I think it could even be louder as he's a shining character in the novel. But I like how it's balanced enough to show a CEO's class and sophistication too.

Ep10-- what an episode!

Spoiler

That confession and kiss was so heartwarming... going to live on that all week. :wub:

Do you think he saw something in his head?

:fullofhearts:

• Like 2
  • Love 1