[Taiwanese Drama 2020] Lost Romance 浪漫輸給你

0ly40

A few thoughts from watching the fan meet - gotta give it a few hours before the good pictures get uploaded, but here are a few fan instagram ones, will credit the posters.

-Everyone was so pretty. Loved everyone's clothing - Simon's mustard shirt, Marcus' emerald/blank prints, Kelly's white dress, Vivian's skirt&earrings and Snowbaby's checked dress (Chu Chu often goes by her instagram name!)

-Speaking of Chu Chu, I find the actress so much more likeable. She mentioned that she's not at all like her character, no where near as clumsy. Xiao En X Chu Chu shippers - haha that kiss on stage was real.

-For those of the Simon x Marcus ship, Simon said his character was misunderstood - he's not after Xiao En, he's after the domineering CEO. Also he pretended to unbutton Marcus' shirt at some point, lol.

-Simon was very cute to his fans - not sure if it was just what the camera caught, but he spent a lot of time waving to fans, shaking a random fan's hands, doing little poses. He's just too adorable 

-I'm surprised that they allowed such crowds coz covid has changed a lot of things where I am...but obviously Taiwan is one of the better countries. Everyone was still wearing a face mask though and the event was held outside as opposed to the TV station where they have often done the meets in the past.

@1_2_0_4_jru

1d1VhV3.jpg

@wen_hsin0630

dsXCAUm.jpg

The following are all from _kiki_0922

icgTx7J.jpg

wDhKDwi.jpg

IBN2MQ6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, JenL said:

-For those of the Simon x Marcus ship, Simon said his character was misunderstood - he's not after Xiao En, he's after the domineering CEO. Also he pretended to unbutton Marcus' shirt at some point, lol.

-Simon was very cute to his fans - not sure if it was just what the camera caught, but he spent a lot of time waving to fans, shaking a random fan's hands, doing little poses. He's just too adorable 

-I'm surprised that they allowed such crowds coz covid has changed a lot of things where I am...but obviously Taiwan is one of the better countries. Everyone was still wearing a face mask though and the event was held outside as opposed to the TV station where they have often done the meets in the past.

Just watched the fanmeet! I was nice to see everyone in one setting, interacting and being cute. Tho the weather must be so hot in Taiwan right now...

@JenL haha that Simon X Marcus moment made my day... lelz

It was good that Taiwan was able to control the CoVid 19 issue early on because the government took immediate action which is great coz they get to resume their daily lives with minor adjustments, and we get great dramas like this that can continue filming and give us awesome content as well. And yeah, good thinking on the outdoor setting, it minimizes the virus being contained in an enclosed area which could lead to extended exposure.

13 hours ago, RAWR said:

Hello everyone! 
The slow-burn-ness of this drama finally convinced me to sign up for soompi since I needs to talk to people about this!

I have several theories - one which people have already touched on - that Qing Feng is part of Tian Xiang. Specifically because in episode 3 TX is being interviewed by someone and they ask "meaning that you have many other sides that not everyone sees?" and he's all "of course...." " In a storm, you have to be like an adult. In beautiful weather you have to be like a child".
I'd argue that Situ Aoran is typically the adult in the storm, while QF is typically the child in beautiful weather (or in the spring breeze even). But Xaio En brings out the child-like qualities in Situ Aoran and the adult in QF.

Personally I'm rooting for a story-line in which XE falls in love with QF in the novel world, and that is the trigger which makes SA so unhappy with how the world is panning out that it motivates TX to wake up. 
I'm also hoping that in the real world he has strong memories of XE whereas she has vague ones. This is entirely so he ends up actively pursuing her like the cheetah he is. (With plenty of kabedon since Marcus is so good at it). After all she's ended up doing so much of the pursuing in the novel world.

But one of my other theories is that QF is kinda the dream-king. He is built from the dream and sustained on the dream, so if he can keep XE and TX happy in the dreamworld then he can live together. So he has to make the heartbreaking choice between his own existence and giving the woman he loves (and his best friend) a chance at true happiness in the real world. 

Whatever happens I really don't want a heartbreaking ending for QF. He is just too sweet.

Cannot wait for the next ep!

@RAWR Hi RAWR! Nice to e-meet you! Hihi  :grin: 

Ooh... I like your theories and I'd love to see your imagined storyline pan out. Like that would be awesome! And yes to more kabedons from Marcus (why is he so good at it??? Some actors can't pull it off the way he does, IMO)

So! Here's a thought on QF and his flames, what if instead of just gaining awareness and developing his own thoughts and feelings (burning away the set path of the author), he's also burning himself away? Like literally burning his character off, coz he spun off the author's desired trajectory for him, so that's kinda the effect of his actions... This could also be an interpretation of Lost Romance for his character arc...Wherein he lost to his romantic feelings for XE and was burned away as consequence or would choose to burn himself away for XE & AR's continued happiness. Watchu guys/ gals think?

:omg:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Yseia said:

Like literally burning his character off, coz he spun off the author's desired trajectory for him, so that's kinda the effect of his actions... This could also be an interpretation of Lost Romance for his character arc...Wherein he lost to his romantic feelings for XE and was burned away as consequence or would choose to burn himself away for XE & AR's continued happiness. Watchu guys/ gals think?

:omg:

Oh my god. This one would be too heartbreaking.because I think he is only in novel world and in reality would have no chance with Xiao En 

And if he has to make such a sacrifice it would be too cruel

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yseia said:

It was good that Taiwan was able to control the CoVid 19 issue early on because the government took immediate action which is great coz they get to resume their daily lives with minor adjustments, and we get great dramas like this that can continue filming and give us awesome content as well. And yeah, the good thinking on the outdoor setting, it minimizes the virus being contained in an enclosed area which could lead to extended exposure.

So! Here's a thought on QF and his flames, what if instead of just gaining awareness and developing his own thoughts and feelings (burning away the set path of the author), he's also burning himself away? Like literally burning his character off, coz he spun off the author's desired trajectory for him, so that's kinda the effect of his actions... This could also be an interpretation of Lost Romance for his character arc...Wherein he lost to his romantic feelings for XE and was burned away as consequence or would choose to burn himself away for XE & AR's continued happiness. Watchu guys/ gals think?

@Yseia Yep, pretty glad for Taiwan - they're helping to keep us quarantined ones entertained through these long days. The outdoors is definitely a good idea - I've been to the Sanlih auditorium before and it's great for fan meets - but it's also right next to their offices. So better safe than sorry! As for the Qing Feng theory, I think it's definitely a possibility. If he's becoming more aware, he's probably not following the story, and if he's not following his predestined path - he might burn away from his feelings, but also from being 'irrelevant' to the story!! 

Also found this fan-filmed video, which is kind of what happened on the side of the stage when Simon was taking a break and then back doing fan service like a minute later.

:heart1:

Video filmed by @Yunan_0515

• Like 2

As far as Theories go The show hasn't yet answered Whether they are in dream or novel or a mix of both.

I did some thinking about it and felt the things have been left unanswered probably because they wish to surprise us.

My Theory about Xiao En Situ aoran and HTh intersection is

When He Tian Heng fell he went into coma and his body suffered harm so his soul might have momentarily walked out . It happens all the time in real worldtoo where after being pronounced dead people miraculously survive and are able to recall what happened. 

He could have seen the drone then ( one possibility) and then his soul might have hovered around xiao En and he might have sort of tried to convey she needs to speak up by momentarily re-entering the body at hospital . While walking out the body he might have lost the bare minimum soul consciousness he had and somehow latched onto Xiao En. Who already was guilty. 

Then In delirium because of guilt and fever Xiao En entered the book so did HTH with her.

They have brought their consciousness into the book and characters are now manifesting / changing because two consciousness have entered. And story is gaining a momentum because of this consciousness. And since HTH has lost his awareness it's only his book character existing at present. Its possible he has taken on the role of Situ aoran because of Xiao En's immense guilt who wishes him to be alive .( Like her active consciousness related the two CEOs in one)

Second possibility Another theory is that HTH's body was so weak at the time of shifting hospitals when he grabbed xiao En hand that his soul latched onto the available body. His soul might have sensed her thought relating to him at subconscious level . The rest in this theory is same as above.

Third Possibility . Another theory also goes that Xiao En has not entered the book . She is just subconsciously in a dream delirium along with HTH . But her consciousness is intact and while HTH's is broken into pieces. 

Still this doesn't explain set drama's caption about Qing feng being out of authors line.

Fourth possibility My another viewpoint was in guilt and fever delirium Xiaoen's soul subconsciously went to HTH's body and entered the dream delirium with him.

Lol I have never been thrown so much into thought by any drama. 

Well then I never really watch ongoing dramas and have time to think on them like I did for lost Romance.

Do share your thoughts.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Anjali Punia said:

As far as Theories go The show hasn't yet answered Whether they are in dream or novel or a mix of both.

I did some thinking about it and felt the things have been left unanswered probably because they wish to surprise us.

My Theory about Xiao En Situ aoran and HTh intersection is

When He Tian Heng fell he went into coma and his body suffered harm so his soul might have momentarily walked out . It happens all the time in real worldtoo where after being pronounced dead people miraculously survive and are able to recall what happened. 

He could have seen the drone then ( one possibility) and then his soul might have hovered around xiao En and he might have sort of tried to convey she needs to speak up by momentarily re-entering the body at hospital . While walking out the body he might have lost the bare minimum soul consciousness he had and somehow latched onto Xiao En. Who already was guilty. 

Then In delirium because of guilt and fever Xiao En entered the book so did HTH with her.

They have brought their consciousness into the book and characters are now manifesting / changing because two consciousness have entered. And story is gaining a momentum because of this consciousness. And since HTH has lost his awareness it's only his book character existing at present. Its possible he has taken on the role of Situ aoran because of Xiao En's immense guilt who wishes him to be alive .( Like her active consciousness related the two CEOs in one)

Second possibility Another theory is that HTH's body was so weak at the time of shifting hospitals when he grabbed xiao En hand that his soul latched onto the available body. His soul might have sensed her thought relating to him at subconscious level . The rest in this theory is same as above.

Third Possibility . Another theory also goes that Xiao En has not entered the book . She is just subconsciously in a dream delirium along with HTH . But her consciousness is intact and while HTH's is broken into pieces. 

Still this doesn't explain set drama's caption about Qing feng being out of authors line.

Fourth possibility My another viewpoint was in guilt and fever delirium Xiaoen's soul subconsciously went to HTH's body and entered the dream delirium with him.

Lol I have never been thrown so much into thought by any drama. 

Well then I never really watch ongoing dramas and have time to think on them like I did for lost Romance.

Do share your thoughts.

I agree with your first theory. In the poster there's the drone and butterflies which signify souls. TX's soul latched into XE. She was feeling very guilty and in delirium she entered the world of the novel she is editing. Only XE, the author and publishing company knows about the novel but TX does not.

I was thinking that both are world of novels parallel to each other because CEO You're So Naughty has the same characters with the same appearance just with different identities but then it might be because XE imagined the novel characters from those people she and TX knew from the real world. She should have imagined herself as the female lead but I guess even in a dream/fantasy she considers herself as just a supporting character pining for the CEO.

All of the characters in the novel appears in the real world except QF. In the poster aside from XE, QF is the only one who does not have a counterpart from the other world meaning he's a novel character only. But I found it strange that when she met him she did not seem aware of the 2nd male lead character and name. Did he not appear yet in the novel at the time she's editing it? If QF's back is burning because he's not following his role, how about XE and in the future AR when he falls is love with XE? I have so many questions haha.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Milady Himedere said:

I agree with your first theory. In the poster there's the drone and butterflies which signify souls. TX's soul latched into XE. She was feeling very guilty and in delirium she entered the world of the novel she is editing. Only XE, the author and publishing company knows about the novel but TX does not.

I was thinking that both are world of novels parallel to each other because CEO You're So Naughty has the same characters with the same appearance just with different identities but then it might be because XE imagined the novel characters from those people she and TX knew from the real world. She should have imagined herself as the female lead but I guess even in a dream/fantasy she considers herself as just a supporting character pining for the CEO.

All of the characters in the novel appears in the real world except QF. In the poster aside from XE, QF is the only one who does not have a counterpart from the other world meaning he's a novel character only. But I found it strange that when she met him she did not seem aware of the 2nd male lead character and name. Did he not appear yet in the novel at the time she's editing it? If QF's back is burning because he's not following his role, how about XE and in the future AR when he falls is love with XE? I have so many questions haha.

Exactly the same thoughts I had. That every character has a counterpart in real world except QF. So they all are really manifestation of imaginations of both souls who have given faces to characters.

Maybe QF is someone HTH knows in real life or maybe he knew someone like him who is no longer around. Because Xiao En didn't know him Well she didn't know Chu Chu as well but she is there. So they are all extensions of both leads thoughts.

I also feel story walking on itself ahead will change the manuscript (like in Kdrama- W) and the other editor XE's friend will notice.  And relate to all accidents plus some elements which XE has not yet read could also come in play.

She might even find the drone footage.

I do feel QF will exist in real world too. Or he existed in real world too( could be dead or apparently lost contact  with HTH)

• Like 3

Loving all the theories at the moment! Can barely keep up with the reading :)

For those who struggle with Chinese or want translations - I did a casual translation of the fun parts of yesterday's fan meet here. Also have a bunch of the professional photos alongside some screenshots of those fun moment

Fan Meet Translations: https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/08/lost-romance-first-fan-meet.html

F8R8M7S.jpg

86mmC6o.jpg

A few teasers for those Simon/ Qing Feng fan. The rest in the blog post :)

RU23Uoo.png

oV4vzz.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Simon Lian mentioned over the weekend that Qing Feng will continue to "warm" up the screens over the future episodes...he was not kidding, according to this Sanlih teaser pic below:

i9dJHHF.jpg

@Anjali Punia Yep, it's still not clear whether it is the novel itself, or a dream or a mix of both. It seems definitely related to the physical novel though since the story kept changing back when the friend tried to edit it. I feel like there was a lot of significance when Tian Xing grabbed Xiao En - so it's possible he attached some part of him to her. But since he was already in a coma, maybe that's why it's Xiao En's romance novel - since she was the more awake one and could control the structure of the world

@Milady Himedere Yeah I find it weird that she didn't know Qing Feng. Wonder if: she never paid attention to the second lead because she always dreamed of getting the CEO, or if Qing Feng is a character that will be burned out of the story because of his changed feelings and awareness so will only exist in her dream version of the story? Whatever the reason, I hope it;s not a plot hole the writer's overlooked -___-;;

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Watched the Raw. I had thought I would have gotten over the Infatuation with Marcus because I wasn't really too enthralled by his onscreen moments uptill nowbut no. The entire episode yesterday . Every single moment he appeared on screen I was blushing red like a beetroot. My sister thought I had gotten a fever and I had to take a fever check. Lol.

It happens to me every time. God forbid I ever see him in real life I might faint.

Spoiler

Big reveal. Yeh we know now the step brother had a momentary lapse of judgement.

Situ Aoran and HTH connection with Xiao En hand holding . Wow.

Btw I felt the sexual tension between Xiao En and Qing Feng seemed very real to me

I sincerely wish subs come soon for this epi. I just can't wait

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@JenL I do write long posts. My nonsense, haha. But I also like reading long posts, that's why this discussion thread is a lot of fun. I appreciate all the discussion and it's good to know we're all invested, hehehe! Also, I can imagine there is little to no discussion when you bingewatch a drama like this, another reason why I like the one-episode-per-week schedule. But have to say, the end of Ep09 is the first time for this drama that I've wanted Sunday to come around faster!

On 8/1/2020 at 3:25 AM, RAWR said:

I'd argue that Situ Aoran is typically the adult in the storm, while QF is typically the child in beautiful weather (or in the spring breeze even). But Xaio En brings out the child-like qualities in Situ Aoran and the adult in QF.

But one of my other theories is that QF is kinda the dream-king. He is built from the dream and sustained on the dream, so if he can keep XE and TX happy in the dreamworld then he can live together. So he has to make the heartbreaking choice between his own existence and giving the woman he loves (and his best friend) a chance at true happiness in the real world.

This is beautiful. I'm beginning to like the idea that Qing Feng is representative of Tian Xing's other half, or some significant part of him. The ending credits reel gives big clues to Tian Xing and Xiao En in the real world. I'm really excited for this, but I'm also anticipating a lot of heartbreak because it means Xiao En will have to leave the novel first. If I'm being honest, I'm fearful that Qing Feng's fate in the novel (at this point) is completely a guessing game. Personally, I don't want Xiao En to fall in love with him, although in reality, he is the obvious better choice at this moment. However, because both we and Xiao En know his goodness (not just as second lead, but as a character), I want better for him and that doesn't have to mean getting the girl. But I also don't want him to burn away (as in his pages of the book, making him disappear altogether). There's a sense of nobility in being the dream-king that you mention, and I think he's capable of that. A subconsciousness of Tian Xing and Xiao En that they uphold for themselves. Whatever it is, it needs to be clear with no plotholes. This fantasy/crossing-worlds genre is driving me insane with all the questions and trying to rationalize! :lol:

photo-jpeg.jpg

Along with Tian Xing's mantra, which I absolutely love ("In a storm, be like an adult. In beautiful weather, be like a child."), is it also this main poster that gives clue to who Qing Feng is? The butterflies (representing souls) roaming around him. I also noticed how oddly placed he is in this poster, almost to suggest he is the dream or subconscious (as mentioned above), or the creator of this novel.

On 8/1/2020 at 6:48 PM, Anjali Punia said:

Ep09 is a crucial point that may support this theory. And there is some logic in it. :sweatingbullets:

Spoiler

I do think their gateway between the real world and the novel world is through their touch, the gesture pushed by Tian Xing's soul at the hospital. In their previous hand-holding by his bedside, Ao Ran did not have flashes of himself as Tian Xing because he had zero consciousness of himself. This supports your theory in that Ao Ran sees Tian Xing's final moments now (at the hospital) because he has gained some awareness, even if he's yet to make sense of it.

Speaking of which, wow. He Tian Jian is not so innocent, as I've guessed. Always listen to your gut! Seeing Tian Xing again, I miss him a lottttt. :bawling:

Have to say, it's the best "cliff hanger" thus far. :D

On 8/2/2020 at 4:35 PM, JenL said:

F8R8M7S.jpg

So sweeeet. There were many fun moments, but this was definitely my favorite. They were all reenacting scenarios of how people love, something like that, right? I was really entertained by the actors in the back. The boys' reactions to the girls kissing were hilarious and a true reflection of boys. Haha, so cute! Because everyone's shown so much love for Xiao En and Qing Feng, I almost forgot that they're actually competition going after Marcus. Totally adore the bromance! Also agree that Snowbaby is so much more likeable outside of Chu Chu. So much that for the first time, Qing Feng and Chu Chu looked compatible. The entire cast looked great, include their wardrobe choices! Really fun. I commend all the fans who were able to attend, as I know how hot and humid it could get (not to mention in the midst of a pandemic. I've been following Taiwan's handling of the virus since January and have only gained more respect for the island. Because of it, one part of our lives (the drama fans) have been able to remain as is). Fans said that it rained right after the event ended. Awwwe~ :loveu:

@Anjali Punia I GET YOU. And this is just Ep09. :astonished::love::omg:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Spoiler
1 hour ago, songielove said:

I do think their gateway between the real world and the novel world is through their touch, the gesture pushed by Tian Xing's soul at the hospital. In their previous hand-holding by his bedside, Ao Ran did not have flashes of himself as Tian Xing because he had zero consciousness of himself. This supports your theory in that Ao Ran sees Tian Xing's final moments now because he has gained some awareness, even if he's yet to make sense of it.

WOW, its true @songielove

Finally we can heard He Tianxing name again:sad1: Really can not wait Sunday to come faster.

Idk why but after preview for ep 7, i have trust issues with all preview. Because they seems try to direct viewers to plot that we think but it turn different,

for example, preview ep 7 when Aoran almost kiss Chuchu. We think scene Xiaoen confessing, flash on his mind so he doubt to kiss chuchu. But it turn because Xiaoen and Chuchu accidentally kissing each other, lol (still laugh when thinking that scene). and preview ep 8, when Aoran have dating experience with Chuchu at Amusement park. But it turns to Xiaoen wild immagination.

And after watching Ep 9 and preview ep 10, another trust issues hit me.

When we saw Xiaoen smile in front of elevator after Aoran and Qingfeng show up. We think they (Xiaoen and Aoran) having some feeling because we saw Aoran smile too and camera angle seems like they see each other. But i have feeling, that Xiaoen has feelings to Qingfeng, and that smile leads to QF.

i dare say that because on another preview scene, we saw Xiaoen gazing to QF feel really different, when QF caressing her hair.

My wild guess is Xiaoen have author setting (maybe after Cuantian having discussion with writer). And her setting is to have feeling/fall in love to second lead a.k.a Qingfeng. If its true, now the situations is reversed. When Aoran little by little get his awareness and remember He Tianxing. And Xiaoen who finally lost her consciousness and immersed to novel character.

• Like 3

On 8/2/2020 at 4:35 PM, JenL said:

Loving all the theories at the moment! Can barely keep up with the reading :)

For those who struggle with Chinese or want translations - I did a casual translation of the fun parts of yesterday's fan meet here. Also have a bunch of the professional photos alongside some screenshots of those fun moment

Fan Meet Translations: https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/08/lost-romance-first-fan-meet.html

A few teasers for those Simon/ Qing Feng fan. The rest in the blog post :)

God bless your soul @JenL . 

I have just started reading all the BTS translations and interview translations that you have done.

Thank you So much for the time and effort you have taken for us who don't know the language .

Much Appreciated. 

I really loved Snowbabys dress here.

Have to say Taiwanese fans are really well disciplined.

The fan culture seems really good.

Edited by Lynne
Please delete picture/video when you quote :)
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I think TJ is not all that bad, mostly coz for me it felt like he's stepping up in the 1st place to protect the Wei Family from Ming Li and at the same time to make amends for his lapse in judgement with TX. Now Ming Li is using his feelings of guilt to twist him to her plans. I get where she is coming from, considering that she is the "family decoration" and can't seem to fit anywhere. It's kinda telling that for all that she acts all high and mighty she actually has a very bad inferiority complex...

:brokenheart:

Spoiler

I'm loving the rollercoaster feelings invoked in the past 2 episodes and like you guys can't wait to see episode 10 as well @Feby Valentiya & @songielove!

AR and his one-dimensional constipated feelings :joy: He's a character that is very painful but at the same time funny to watch especially with how he can't articulate words and actions to match his intended thoughts and feelings. The classic tsundere has never been this frustrating to watch, lelz. That wrist grab move tho, so nice to see it being used for another purpose/ have another meaning aside from the usual domineering male dragging meek female away...

Now, QF and his emerging sassiness on the other hand was the highlight for me in this episode especially that office scene rebuttal with AR, & not just AR, but with XE as well. That acroyoga was the best execution of the "pretend to/ coincidentally trips" trope to be executed so far. Too bad XE was supah dense/ purposely chose not to notice that it was intended for her.

:cutekitty:

Moran's arrival really triggered a catalyst in the storyline here. It'd be interesting to see if his novel character is a true to life description of TJ as well, if we're going by the theory wherein people TX and XE know also populate the novel world. For now he's got the murkiest character development so far, in both the novel and the real world. He appears enough that you're kinda sure that there's a realtively major contribution that he's supposed to bring to the table but it hasn't been shown as yet. The waiting game has just started...

@Feby Valentiya Me too! I'm having trust issues with the previews as well! Coz sometimes they can be a preview of future episodes and not necessarily the one that's immediately upcoming. Sunday can't get here fast enough really :lol:

Loving all the theories popping up, I have some as well but for now I'mma hold off on thinking up more coz at this stage, it's anybody's game and the story can go any which way. At this point, I just wanna sit back and watch how the characters maneuver themselves or are shuffled around based on the author's scenarios

@JenL thanks for all the extra contents and translations you spoil us with! :foryou:

• Like 2

Ho ho ho, I just watched the latest raw episodes and I thought this episode was really good!

Much more momentum with Aoran finally getting to tipping point on jealousy and always thinking about Xiao En 24/7. As for Qing Feng, my sweet, sweet Qing Feng. So many wonderful high tension scenes together with Xiao En...and even before I watched the behind the scenes, I knew it was going to hilariously funny because I could not imagine Vivian and Simon to be serious throughout any of the yoga and fainting scenes (and I was so right). I suppose going to the yoga studio made sense in terms of Qing Feng's character who seems to do activities to find 'peace' and him trying to get her to relax after her hectic schedule and fall.

:Megalol:

I think I'll do the individual replies under the hidden tag for those who haven't watched yet since people have brought up a lot of episode-specific spoilers

Spoiler

@Anjali Punia Haha, I think you put it best - the big reveal was confirmation of Tian Jian. But so many questions now - was it a momentary lapse of judgement? I felt like it was for a long time and he doesn't seem malicious - I don't feel like he's a bad person per say, just very weak in his own standing as a person - in fact he was shaking after the push. But I also wonder if he was in on the plan to get him to the roof now because he was initially weak to his sister and would help with her bidding. I wonder if he'll become more of a bad person now though because he seems to be as invested in the will since his sister has pushed him into a corner and he's starting to see his own status as potentially the only son left. Yeah, that flashback scene with the pull of the arm seems to confirm some of your theories that they are linked in a collective dream-state and potential soul transference situation. I realised that 3 people are in hospital including the father, we always seem to be in a hospital at least once per episode. Yeah, that sexual tension between Qing Feng and Xiao Ennnn was real alright!! I feel they have good chemistry whereas Aoran is still comically awkward, at least until next episode.

@songielove It is always a delight to read your long replies. I love that everyone has theories or brings something about the series or actors to this thread. 

9 hours ago, songielove said:

Personally, I don't want Xiao En to fall in love with him, although in reality, he is the obvious better choice at this moment. However, because both we and Xiao En know his goodness (not just as second lead, but as a character), I want better for him and that doesn't have to mean getting the girl. But I also don't want him to burn away (as in his pages of the book, making him disappear altogether). 

Haha, as you know, I have no problems with Xiao En liking him and would welcome it in the story world because Aoran, while developing more and more of his own feelings, still seems awkwardly set in working her up rather than holding her (well, he doesn't know how to behave towards her!) I wish there could be a good ending for Qing Feng, but I feel like he's heading towards being the sacrifice for others' happiness route at the moment since his character can do no wrong. They might pair him with Chu Chu, but at this point in the story, I'm not a fan as it would seem like a band-aid fix. I am curious to see how Xiao En meets with Tian Xing. In terms of the collective world of Tian Xing x Xiao En, I wonder if Aoran is a manifestation of things that Tian Xing wants to be, but cannot be in the real world (and what Xiao En wants for him after seeing his accident): dominant, a leader, with loyal friends. Still confused about why he would be in a romance novel, when he didn't publish them or read them, but I guess that is Xiao En's contribution. 

9 hours ago, songielove said:

They were all reenacting scenarios of how people love, something like that, right? I was really entertained by the actors in the back. The boys' reactions to the girls kissing were hilarious and a true reflection of boys. Haha, so cute! Because everyone's shown so much love for Xiao En and Qing Feng, I almost forgot that they're actually competition going after Marcus. Totally adore the bromance! Also agree that Snowbaby is so much more likeable outside of Chu Chu. So much that for the first time, Qing Feng and Chu Chu looked compatible. The entire cast looked great, include their wardrobe choices! Really fun.

Yep, they were enacting romantic gestures, though they had a fairly platonic one for the siblings of course. I loved the boys reactions to the girls kissing - like eagerly watching and then shock that they went through with it! I feel like I like Vivian and Simon hanging out as much as Xiao En x Qing Feng onscreen together- except more for their duo comedy in fighting over Marcus! And as much as I'm not rooting for that pairing, Snowbaby and Simon had such nice outfits and could act cute together, that's for sure!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I like hearing everyone's thoughts and theories here. Makes waiting for the next episode a bit more bearable. I agree in a mishmash of everyone's different theories... This is how I see it:

Spoiler

The world they are in is created from a mixture of Xiao En and Aoran's mind. I think that the reason that this all happened is that TX's spirit latched onto Xiao En as someone who could help him and dragged her into the dream state with him as an attempt to communicate for her to help him. (Kind of like a form of haunting) This is most likely carried out, due to TX's feelings of being betrayed by his whole family and needing someone to help save him. But, because TX is in a coma, he is not able to communicate clearly with Xiao En, he can only bring her to his empty space. But since Xiao En is technically still conscious, she created a world in that space to move around it. And as a Romance Novel Editor, it would make sense for her to build a world using the last book she was working on.(They say when you dream, your mind goes over what you last did) Since TX is in a coma, his conscious is weaker in comparison, so while Xiao En provided the world to function in, TX provided additional details, such as many of the work colleagues and family members, to fill the various "spots". This is why TX character cannot remember the real world and is very different. We are interacting not with he conscious mind, but most likely his subconscious mind where TX does not hold himself back. Also, since this takes a "haunting" route, that would explain why the book is changing in the real world, because it is Xiao En's spirit that is "Editing" the book.

At the moment QF is the mysterious figure, but I have wondered if he is a young version of the father, as he is in a coma too...maybe a bit ickky, but who knows! (And maybe it was the dad who caused XE and TX to meet in the "dream" world as this is his attempt to save his son as he was in a coma when everything happened to TX. )
But ultimately, So it could be QF that is preventing her from leaving till she is able to save his son. My thought is that as TX starts to become more aware of who he really is, QF will be the one to let her go back to the real world and then TX will follow her, but because this was his subconscious, he will not remember her off the bat. She will go to save him, and he will feel the love and emotional connection with her, but not understand why. He will also have a bit of a personality change too, he will be more like Aoran in certain situations. He will most likely find himself seeking her out due to what happened in the "dream" and then eventually, over time, he will begin to piece back together their time and love.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, guinearoyal said:

I like hearing everyone's thoughts and theories here. Makes waiting for the next episode a bit more bearable. I agree in a mishmash of everyone's different theories... This is how I see it:

Reveal hidden contents

The world they are in is created from a mixture of Xiao En and Aoran's mind. I think that the reason that this all happened is that TX's spirit latched onto Xiao En as someone who could help him and dragged her into the dream state with him as an attempt to communicate for her to help him. (Kind of like a form of haunting) This is most likely carried out, due to TX's feelings of being betrayed by his whole family and needing someone to help save him. But, because TX is in a coma, he is not able to communicate clearly with Xiao En, he can only bring her to his empty space. But since Xiao En is technically still conscious, she created a world in that space to move around it. And as a Romance Novel Editor, it would make sense for her to build a world using the last book she was working on.(They say when you dream, your mind goes over what you last did) Since TX is in a coma, his conscious is weaker in comparison, so while Xiao En provided the world to function in, TX provided additional details, such as many of the work colleagues and family members, to fill the various "spots". This is why TX character cannot remember the real world and is very different. We are interacting not with he conscious mind, but most likely his subconscious mind where TX does not hold himself back. Also, since this takes a "haunting" route, that would explain why the book is changing in the real world, because it is Xiao En's spirit that is "Editing" the book.

At the moment QF is the mysterious figure, but I have wondered if he is a young version of the father, as he is in a coma too...maybe a bit ickky, but who knows! (And maybe it was the dad who caused XE and TX to meet in the "dream" world as this is his attempt to save his son as he was in a coma when everything happened to TX. )
But ultimately, So it could be QF that is preventing her from leaving till she is able to save his son. My thought is that as TX starts to become more aware of who he really is, QF will be the one to let her go back to the real world and then TX will follow her, but because this was his subconscious, he will not remember her off the bat. She will go to save him, and he will feel the love and emotional connection with her, but not understand why. He will also have a bit of a personality change too, he will be more like Aoran in certain situations. He will most likely find himself seeking her out due to what happened in the "dream" and then eventually, over time, he will begin to piece back together their time and love.

Ooh! That's a very nice mash-up of theories! Its actually a very possible trajectory the drama could take! Now the question would be how the 2 main characters would get back to the physical realm and would it be self-induced/ conscious decision (by the characters) or a deus ex machina setting

:idk:

• Like 3

Ep 9 is pretty interesting.  I love how the script writer of this drama is keeping the flow of the story.  The story world characters are compelled by force of writer to stick to the story ie. Chuchu n AoRan love line.  However the story is slowly changing because of XiaoEn. Qingfeng character has gained some self awareness and is changing his love interest trajectory towards XiaoEn ... his actions, how he is shooting those love shots at her and the way he caress her face, hair and those puppy eyes ... he even made a move at her during yoga class. What a cheeky boy!  AoRan is also slowly swayed towards XiaoEn ... his thoughts are constantly about her and how he is starting to get jealous over XiaoEn n QF.  AoRan still cannot understand why he keeps thinking about XiaoEn. Each time he thought if her, he reminds himself that his love interest is ChuChu. Hahaha ...he so desperately wants to text XiaoEn but he is forced by the flow of the book to text ChuChu. That part is pretty funny.

The best part is he suddenly has a flash of his real world when he grabbed XiaoEn ... which means he has already gained some self awareness... hence he is able to connect with XiaoEn finally when he touched her. Now he will be slightly confused and curious about what's going on.

I wonder if he will know from XiaoEn what she saw that day of his accident. 

It's an interesting theory that QF might be AoRan's dad. :smile:

Looking forward to ep 10.

Btw... how many ep is this drama?

Taiwan series is usually about 13 to 15 ep.  But we are really moving ever so slowly in the story. Just hope they will not rush the ending of the return to real world. 

• Like 2