[Taiwanese Drama 2020] Lost Romance 浪漫輸給你

0ly40

@JenL Same, regarding female lead and couple. Story and mood of the drama are extremely important for me too. I can't do too much fluff or fantasy, maybe that's why Chuchu is a bit of a nuisance. I keep thinking our CEO being attracted to her is just not realistic-- and then, well, we're in a novel in a drama. :P

I have no doubt his fear stems from a childhood trauma, most likely the event that keeps Ming Li agitated...

I enjoy all the behind-the-scenes after each episode! They're just an all-around goofy bunch together and I can tell Simon looks up to these pals. Thank you in advance!

Another newly released preview!

"What do you like about me?" :coolshades:

• Like 2

Coming out of the woodwork (*serial lurker here*) to say that I'm a huge Marcus Chang fan. But Taiwanese Dramas are an exercise in frustration (or patience, depending on which side of the coin we're looking at :lol:). Its nice to see some fans coming together to support and discuss this show. Hopefully the storyline will only get better and give justice to the Cast's acting!

Can't wait to watch Episode 6 to see how ML reacts to FL's confession... and that girl Chuchu is getting annoying fast for being so one dimensional in the damsel in distress role

@songielove I like your theory on the parallels between the real world and the novel world. If that's the case, and we flip the scenario and look at it from the novel world POV what role does Qing Feng occupy in Tian Xing/ Aoran's real world? I'm hoping he also gets to appear in the real world or his role is explained or fleshed out fully. It'd be a waste if he's just confined in the novel world. Maybe he'll be able to help Tian Xing in the real world too.

Hahaha, 2nd Lead Syndrome is hitting hard... :wub:

• Love 1

Hm, I do wonder if Qing Feng will exist in the real world? According to the official website, he's listed as only existing in the novel world. Not the real world. I wonder if there will be a twist to it?

Here's a clip from Episode 6 + Episode 7 Preview. Also put another version of the Episode 7 preview below that.

Episode 6 Clip + Episode 7 Preview

Episode 7 Preview (Ver. 2)

Another clip from Episode 6:

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Yay, we're officially 1/4 in to the drama, haha. Ep06 was really good momentum. Will avoid major discussion for now.

Spoiler

We do get a glimpse of Aoran's childhood trauma. I loved the hand-holding in EP05 and its resurgence in Ep06 as Aoran's way of coping in the dark is really touching. He is led to Xiao En at every turn, although it doesn't appear the same to her on the outside. Poor Xiao En, really felt for her this episode... Her confession! :joy::flushed::dissapointed_relieved:

Qing Feng would be so useful in Tian Xing's world right now! If he doesn't play a part in the real world, I hope he is somehow inserted at the end, even if it's for a fleeting moment. Like an epilogue? He is sensible, the voice of reason for Aoran. I like what he says to Aoran in the preview for Ep07.. along the lines of, "You can't accept her [feelings], but you can't question her sincerity." Since he is second lead in CEO, You're So Naughty!, then wouldn't he be Aoran's rival soon? And if he's coming to Xiao En's defense, it is another sign she's becoming the female lead.

Also, I forgot to mention. Xiao En's shirt in Ep05 said "après la pluie" (after the rain). Love this little reference to her real world CEO's quote! After the rain comes beautiful weather. :relaxed: Enjoy Ep06, everyone!

• Like 2

Well I translate behind the scenes content depending on how much I love the videos and how much time I have. I got a lot of laughs out of the episode 4 Behind the Scenes video where Simon pretends to be a fanboy and Vivian and Marcus pretend to be an old married couple, so have done the translation of it below here:

Behind the Scenes Translations:  https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/07/lost-romance-episode-4-behind-scenes.html

mLsqi01.png

ef5r6om.png

tAoIDOs.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

Just watched Episode 6 and can I just say that I'm loving all these imaginary scenarios Xiao En is dreaming up in her head with Aoran/ Tian Xing. :love:

And yey for progress with our lead characters! Self-awareness is creeping in especially for Qing Feng.I wonder what those flames bursting out of his clothes mean? :scream:

On a sidenote, I kinda feel bad for Ming Li, she tries so hard to make herself relevant but nobody seems to take her seriously except her hottie secretary. Even her own mom dismisses her and treats her merely as a placeholder for Tian Jian... Doesn't condone her attitude tho and is so not an excuse for all the horrible deeds she's done.

10 hours ago, songielove said:

Qing Feng would be so useful in Tian Xing's world right now! If he doesn't play a part in the real world, I hope he is somehow inserted at the end, even if it's for a fleeting moment. Like an epilogue? He is sensible, the voice of reason for Aoran. I like what he says to Aoran in the preview for Ep07.. along the lines of, "You can't accept her [feelings], but you can't question her true heart." Since he is second lead in CEO, You're So Naughty!, then wouldn't he be Aoran's rival soon? And if he's coming to Xiao En's defense, it is another sign she's becoming the female lead.

Also, I forgot to mention. Xiao En's shirt in Ep05 said "après la pluie" (after the rain). Love this little reference to her real world CEO's quote! After the rain comes beautiful weather. :relaxed: Enjoy Ep06, everyone!

@songielove Totes agree on Qing Feng! Can't wait to actually have the story transition to having Xiao En be the FL and see how Chuchu would react to that change...

• Like 2

@Ayame I think Qing Feng is only a storybook character - just going from what Simon Lian said in an interview of his own character. But it'd be fun if he popped up in the real world! :) 

@songielove @Yseia Wow, where are you guys watching the show from? Watching raw or subbed? So quick! I've been watching on Viki which still hasn't released episode 6 yet. So still haven't read your comments to avoid spoilers! Will chat when I've seen it though since it seems exciting :) 

• Like 2

Watched ep 6 raw. This ep is hilariously funny. 

Spoiler

I can't believe they did a parody on Goblin and Descendant of the Sun ... and the said ... forget it, that couple already divorced. :joy:

Chuchu screamed bloody murder for a tiny prick on her finger that don't even need a plaster or ointment on it. :joy:  The firefly walk ... :joy: Oh my goodness...ChuChu is really the typical damsel in distress in those weak romantic story book. How they can hold in their laughter while acting it is really :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::joy:

Aoran keep thinking of  XiaoEn while he is with Chuchu ... a definite shift in the story now. Now XiaoEn is slowly becoming the FL.  

XiaoEn finally confessed to Aoran that she likes him. Now that is going to stick it in his brain n bug him endlessly. :joy:

QingFeng finds XiaoEn interesting and intriguing.  Would be funny if he also starts to fall for XiaEn.

It's a torture to wait till Sunday for ep 7. I know he definitely is not going to kiss ChuChu. The image of XiaoEn will flash in his face.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, JenL said:

@songielove @Yseia Wow, where are you guys watching the show from? Watching raw or subbed? So quick! I've been watching on Viki which still hasn't released episode 6 yet. So still haven't read your comments to avoid spoilers! Will chat when I've seen it though since it seems exciting :) 

Same here. Besides bits and pieces from YT Viki users always have to wait until Wednesday or Tuesdays, depending where you live. :tears:

So please all others use the Spoilers tag more.

@JenL @Usi I try to stream live or catch up on Vidol (Sanlih's streaming app). The episodes, specials, and behind-the-scenes can be found there after each episode ends on-air.

@JenL Thanks for the translations to those cute behind-the-scenes! If you keep giving more, I will naturally want more. ^_^ I notice Simon openly fanboys on the set regularly, gotta love him! Reminds me, on the morning of shooting the opening, Marcus arrived later and I think the first thing Simon asked him was whether he had followed him on IG yet. Thought that was really cute.

Hubby and wifey! :wub: It's been really nice to see these two in their natural state, playing and bouncing off ideas. Marcus gets to eat a lot in here. I am not complaining; I was eyeing that pasta too. :P Ep06's bts were hilarious too!

Spoiler

@Yseia Those flames are a first! I think it may be an indicator that Qing Feng's role is shifting, becoming Xiao En's guardian. That's surely another sign that her role is changing too (we also saw the contents of the book literally moving). I kind of wish these visual effects were used more as we are in fantasy land. It was really well done with the music and atmosphere.

@cheekychipmunk_stv Ahh her confession~~ went downhill silly so fast. I really can't believe she said money. She couldn't either. :joy: Again, the music and his reactions were on point.

Random. I happen to have Murphy's Law of Love on as I write and the set for the spa resort is the same. Aoran and Chuchu's rooms. Anyhow, lots of viewers have been expressing dislike for Chuchu. It might be too early to say, but everything about her so far is so harmless that I want to see her shift too. The prick on her finger did not scream female lead at all.. :blink: Hilarious! The real problem is Situ Aoran and we know he's going to keep this up for at least another episode, even if Xiao En is taking over his mind.

• Like 2

@JenL I'm watching it raw on TV! The parentals have one of those "Box" things that get all the Chinese channels and that's the only time I monopolize the TV :joy:

@Usi Sorry for inadvertently posting spoilers... will be more mindful on this and use the spoiler tags next time :sweat:

Spoiler

@songielove Love that shift and yeah, the visual effects would really help since its fantasy land and judging by previous episodes, Xiao En sees the VFX as it is. I'm hoping Qing Feng and Xaio En get more screen time together this time around. Hehe, make Aoran jealous you two!

I'm loving the music as well, the bgm always hits the mark for me, even in the early episodes, they really augment what the viewers are seeing on screen. The sound/audio director is doing a great job! 

With Chuchu, she's kinda a love-hate character for me. Her reactions are so exaggerated but at the same time it's too funny in that exaggeration. Now I'm kinda anticipating what's the next exaggerated trope she'll be doing and how it''ll be executed. I wonder how many NGs it takes to get those scenes tho? :lol:

@songielove Ooh, I wanna see that video of the opening shoot, Simon is such a cute fanboy, d'you know where I can watch it? Their BTS vids are always fun to watch :love:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@songielove Oh, of course! I should have known it was Vidol. I'm not sure why I don't enjoy watching it there. I don't mind watching raw, but I guess subs help to make sure I don't miss any names. I guess I also enjoy the timed comments of other viewers since they're often funny. But it's nice to watch Lost Romance quickly! As @Usi said. I think I don't watch the episodes till Thursday.

@Yseia Wow, watching it on actual TV sounds nice :) Haha, I haven't watched the latest episode yet, so haven't seen this flames scene yet, but Simon Lian posted a picture of this...

Have you guys found this instagram account yet? The works of Mader_funda are so stylish. I've collected some of my favourites here: https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/07/instagram-updates-lost-romance-designer.html

5f2PGux.jpg

jZ2r5Jq.jpg

AW8fW5P.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, Yseia said:

@songielove Ooh, I wanna see that video of the opening shoot, Simon is such a cute fanboy, d'you know where I can watch it? Their BTS vids are always fun to watch :love:

Here you are. ^^

https://youtu.be/OahXzgL_Wac

@Yseia Agree! The music/sound editing is probably one of the most effective elements of the drama that's doing it for me. I especially love the sentimental and dramatic piano score placed in the more intense/dramatic scenes. We haven't heard it since ep1 and it resurfaced here in Ep06 with Aoran's shock. So perfect. :bawling::heart:

Spoiler

The dying music after her confession... I just cannot. :joy::joy: Trying to decide if that's my favorite scene of episode or if it's Aoran in the dark bringing himself back to Xiao En.

@JenL Thanks for the blog post. Yes, I love the work and styling mader_funda is putting out. They are an official source of the drama by the way. Visual imaging and character packaging, so it makes sense there's so much mood and feels on the account. :love: That's interesting! I've never watched an episode with fan comments, it's distracting haha. Obviously all preference! I'm usually pretty strict with spoilers depending on how invested I am in the drama. I like watching raw so I can at least have a clue on what's happening and don't spoil myself when I see episode recaps and reviews on social media.

Please see below for episode highlights, if you don't mind watching cuts before the full episode. I'm glad SETTV is enabling subs on select videos. Remember to turn on cc!

Cr. dramasettv

• Like 2

8 hours ago, songielove said:

Here you are. ^^

https://youtu.be/OahXzgL_Wac

@Yseia Agree! The music/sound editing is probably one of the most effective elements of the drama that's doing it for me. I especially love the sentimental and dramatic piano score placed in the more intense/dramatic scenes. We haven't heard it since ep1 and it resurfaced here in Ep06 with Aoran's shock. So perfect. :bawling::heart:

Reveal hidden contents

The dying music after her confession... I just cannot. :joy::joy: Trying to decide if that's my favorite scene of episode or if it's Aoran in the dark bringing himself back to Xiao En.

Thanks much for the link! Their interactions are so cute! Loving the camaraderie between Simon and Marcus here. And all three just mesh really well, hahaha. :hwaiting:

Spoiler

Also you just named my two fave scenes from this episode. It's very telling that for all that Chuchu is in front of Aoran, at every turn, he thinks of and sees Xiao En. Love it! Hopefully this trajectory helps him process thru his thoughts and feelings for which girl better. :lol:

Thanks for the link to mader_funda's IG @JenL! More sources = more eye candy! :love:

• Like 1

@LavelyShai I think this would depend on your drama genre/ watching preferences? 

Based on episodes released so far, if looking at similarities, the tone is leaning more Extraordinary You than W for now. Although the world looks more similar plotwise to W and it's also drawn comparisons to The Romance of Tiger and Rose. But we're still in early days and the drama is different enough aside from the initial world and premise that I can't wait to see the story unfold.

Its mostly a Romance Trope Drama on steroids! Which may or may not be your cup of tea, hehehe:sipsboba:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LavelyShai said:

I'm in need of a new drama & what is everyone's thoughts? Is it worth starting? The plot sounds a bit like W, but less with a homicidal character on the loose lol 

As a W lover I can say it is nothing like W at all. The ML isn't aware of the fact that there is something wrong with the world he is living in and he is a real person. The now FL is in the world the entire time and doesn't leave. 

If you ever had read some Chinese Transmigration Webnovel, that is what you get, just not badly written. They even make jokes in the first episodes how bad those stories are and I have to agree with everyone. I hardly finished a cold CEO novel bc they are so repitative, absurd and very very long.

I'm enjoying this drama a lot. There's a lot of clichés in the story world that they made it funny ... it's like you know all the clichés scenes of typical distress story world FL and the cold CEO being acted out yet it makes you laugh out loud because expected it to happen.  Then you have the real FL who is now the 2nd FL trying to change the script in story world to be the FL. We also get to see real eye balls rolling at distress FL who is forever tripping on something when she walks to CEO ... making CEO do the hero act and how she is so annoyingly air head and innocent looking that it is hard to hate her because she is exactly the character written in book :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I finally watched Episode 6! And I'll write my opinions tomorrow to give a bit of time to those who still have to see it on Viki - but I will say I deeply appreciate a hot springs episode with Simon Lian in a hot tub :love::joy:

@Usi Haha, Yay! A past reader! Yep, I went through a huge Bromance faze. The content is still there (and probably the most read)! My biggest focus is Jasper Liu, but I have been writing a lot about Lost Romance as I have always liked Marcus since Back to 1989 and Vivian since Our Times. The story line has been fun and I'm very much crushing on Simon Lian, so I will put out more content whenever I can :)

@songielove Ooh, makes sense that Mader funda is the official design work for Lost Romance. But I have to admit Taiwanese drama marketing always confuses me. They usually invest in some great magazine shoots or videos, but then sometimes they don't link it to the official channels - like Sanli has used very little of the Mader Funda marketing on their social media. Weird! It's interesting to hear about how other people watch dramas - it's great that you catch things before the spoilers! I pretty much watch as soon as it's subbed, so there's a good amount of comments, but not overwhelming - it's fun because usually people have similar opinions or good theories and it gives a sense of community. I do turn it off if there's too many comments or if they are not nice/interesting. I've never been much of a recap person - I always wondered why people read them, but it makes more sense when you mention reading after watching raws! 

@LavelyShai I would say Lost Romance is worth the watch. Are you a regular Taiwanese drama watcher? It's got the Taiwanese humour and style (so not the sleek Korean drama look and the execution is not always the best) but the actors are all great and the story is interesting , spoofing a lot of conventional romance tropes (haven't seen W, so can't compare). At episode 6, the storyline is pulling together well and lot of people are liking both the male leads and the female lead. You just have to get past the rocky first episode!

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1