[Taiwanese Drama 2020] Lost Romance 浪漫輸給你

0ly40

@songielove I agree about Tian Jian. I'm really on the fence about him and still don't know whether he can be trusted. I get that he will always feel a deeper connection to Ming Li as she is his full-blood sister but Tian Xing has always treated him better (plus, Ming Li is a little too menacing and cold, to put it nicely lol). Like in the first episode when he pulls Tian Xing out of the stairwell but the way he did it was kind of creepy tbh and then there's the fact that he decides to take Tian Xing up onto the (very un-protected and dangerous) rooftop for some reason??!? Where Ming Li happens to show up two seconds later and successfully harm Tian Xing?? I don't think it's a coincidence tbh.

• Like 3

@Usi I like your theory about them being in the same dream - like some weird shared subconscious. And @songielove Maybe that's the magic gateway - he touched Xiao En in the hospital and pulled her into his coma dream. I kinda feel like that's the angle they've gone for? But wasn't done clearly.

@sharonrli  Yep  totally agree, that's how I read the relationship between Ming Li and  Tian Xing. They are half siblings and for some reason, Ming Li's dad cheated on her mum producing this son. The other theory is that he was adopted?

@Usi Aside from the kids being half-siblings, or not fully related, the other thing causing Ming Li to be so evil is that the father looks liked he has always favoured the judgement of this son, Tian Xing, above his own illegitimate children, and I think they've been spoilt (they way his wife says he would never listen to her when he was not in a coma and he would give her his credit card and tell her to go buy things and leave him alone). So I think Ming Li is spoilt in personality and a narcissist (generally a person with a horrible temper, and potentially a psychopath with lack of ethics ) and raging because she's never gotten her father's approval or affection and also afraid she'll lose everything if she doesn't fight for it. While a tiny bit exaggerated with the pushing someone off a building in board daylight, I don't think her character is unusual in the rich family trope (even in real life) where all the children in the family fight for money and power. Another thing worth mentioning in relation to fear, Ming Li keeps hinting they the whole family (except maybe the dad) "did something" to Tian Xing. It's not clear if he knew what they did or hasn't figured it out yet - but Ming Li is convinced that Tian Xing wants to (or will want to) take his revenge due to this incident and that's why she wants to get rid of him so bad.

@songielove @sharonrli One more thought: As for Tian Jian...I'm not sure. I feel like he's just meant to be a relief character in the real world for Tian Xing, because the story is so dark and there's not a lot of hope for Tian Xing in the real world. And if there wasn't a character on a somewhat equal power status to talk Ming Li out of it, it wouldn't make sense that she'd just let him live for a bit longer. He seems spoilt, but not having as much care about the company - ie, he likes Tian Xing enough and if Tian Xing can run the company well and continue to make money for them all, he's ok with it. But with that said...he was also clearly involved with what Ming Li said they "did" to Tian Xing. I wonder what that is - kill his real mum/ family? Or make him think his real family was dead? Ruin a past business he had? Also, the rooftop bit was a bit weird - like surely you would go down the building, not up? (But he said he called a helicopter for him)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sharonrli said:

@songielove I agree about Tian Jian. I'm really on the fence about him and still don't know whether he can be trusted. I get that he will always feel a deeper connection to Ming Li as she is his full-blood sister but Tian Xing has always treated him better (plus, Ming Li is a little too menacing and cold, to put it nicely lol). Like in the first episode when he pulls Tian Xing out of the stairwell but the way he did it was kind of creepy tbh and then there's the fact that he decides to take Tian Xing up onto the (very un-protected and dangerous) rooftop for some reason??!? Where Ming Li happens to show up two seconds later and successfully harm Tian Xing?? I don't think it's a coincidence tbh.

I wouldn't be really surpised if he is a oriole.

• Like 2

@JenL I honestly feel so bad for Tian Xing in the real world-- first, he's an illegitimate son, then his half-sister (i still think they share the same dad) hates him to the point where she's psychotic enough to want to kill him off, then Uncle Hu (who he thought he could trust) betrayed him when he needed him most. #prayfortianxingyall

I totally forgot about the fact that they keep hinting that Ming Li and her mother have done something bad to Tian Xing. My guess is that they killed off his mother somehow. It's very clear that even though Ming Li and Tian Jian's mother is the first wife, their father does not love her. But Tian Xing doesn't seem to know yet and he doesn't seem like the type to actually take revenge, which is what they're afraid of. Besides Ming Li's desire to run the company [to the ground, that is] seems to be a greater driving force behind her decision to kill Tian Xing off. I understand what you're saying about Tian Jian but I'm still a little suspicious (I didn't catch the part about the helicopter whoops. But who has a helicopter??!?)

• Like 4

@sharonrli I know right?! Poor Tian Xing! He just seems to be bullied from all ends. This sounds weird, but I think Uncle Hu is the worst character if he really did betray Tian Xing (someone suggested he might be spying on Ming Li, but it would be weird to do it to the point where you let Tian Xing be pushed off a building). Ming Li is a psychopath, but I guess I can see why she might hold a grudge (though her actions are crazy). Uncle Hu however is so corrupt and his betrayal seems more evil, especially since he promised the dad he would look after Tian Xing.

I totally agree with your theory about Ming Li - I think it's most likely that Ming Li, Tian Jian and the mother all plotted to Kill Tian Xing's mother. I think they might have also plotted to kill him, but he survived. It's implied that Tian Jian was also involved in whatever they did to Tian Xing in the past, so I get why you're suspicious. Regardless of whether he's good or bad,  Tian Jing seems kind of weak like he can be talked out of his values by his sister.

• Like 1

@JenL It doesn't sound weird at all. The Show is pushing Ming Li as the main villain because of how psychotic she is but Uncle Hu is just as bad if not worse because Tian Xing (and his dad) trusted him. I initially thought maybe he had a backup plan or something for supporting Ming Li, as a way to help Tian Xing in the long run but that's not what it's looking like anymore. When Ming Li signs some of the company stocks over to him, it makes me think that he is just trying to gain the upper hand and make *himself* the CEO eventually or something. His betrayal was definitely the worse.

Tian Jian is also listed as Si Tu Ao Ran's brother(?) in the story world on MyDramaList but he has yet to show up. I wonder what role he plays in the story world.

• Like 2

When I first watched it, I find the story quite similar to The romance of Tiger & Rose and didn't think it will be that interesting.  I was surprised that I enjoy this series so much that I look forward to the next episode with anticipation because we don't know what to expect.  What I love about this series is that it shows what is happening to Tian Xing & FL in real world and in the fantasy book world. The suspense is good and the comic relief in the book world is hilarious.  FL managed to switch her role from evil bystander to main lead. We see the starting change from the scene where Chuchu tripped on her ball gown and 2nd ML saved her from the fall instead of ML. Then FL got locked inside the fridge truck instead of Chuchu. Chuchu is indeed the typical damsel in distress as per script. I love how the lady Manager rolled her eyes at the hospital scene. :lol: Although ML is still interested in Chuchu as per script, he is slowly intrigue by FL. 

In the real world, do u think the envelope containing the will was fake all along? A ploy done by TX? Or did the assistant switch out the envelope n put in fake paper?

• Like 2

I watched the latest episode and I'm glad to see on Viki (the streaming site I watch from) that I'm not the only girl who has second lead syndrome! Simon Lien is such a dreamy second lead as Qing Feng and he seems way kinder and easier to get along with. His reverse psychology worked so well with Aoran. Haha, if it was me, I'd just let Aoran go and run off with Qing Feng! I do hope Chuchu does NOT end up with Qing Feng though - I think it'd be more fun if Xiao En's entrance into the book turns the world upside down and Chuchu (who is kinda annoying me with her helpless innocent girl act), turns into the evil second lead since her place is taken! Glad to see this week's focus was more on the story world than the real world as it seems more fun to see them act in the story world.

@cheekychipmunk_stv You were right about the will btw! Good pick up.

Since I'm second lead crushing I looked into Simon Lien's projects and he's not a bad singer. He was part of a boy band called SpeXial, but has since branched off to be an actor and solo singer. I'm a fan of his song Crazy Love

And here's another recent video with him, Vivian and Marcus - they're playing a guess the movie game and being their silly selves!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Instagram loves SL too.

I just spoiled myself with the Preview of EP6 and our ship starts sailing very hard. Poor boy. I rarely have 2nd ML syndrome but with this Drama I had it from the first moment. How could they make him such a likeable character?

Hopefully he will show up outside the dream world too and maybe have a chance with a girl too. Not ChuChu since that girl seems to have the brain of a pea in both worlds. :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

The Hu guy just pushed the littlle brother to fight w big sister. Wonder what's his agenda.

I think it is the usual way. Making the others fight so he can take over eventually. His first and strongest opponent is out of the picture already. Wouldn't be suprised if he started all. It is a classic trope especially in TW Drama.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Usi said:

Instagram loves SL too.

I just spoiled myself with the Preview of EP6 and our ship starts sailing very hard. Poor boy. I rarely have 2nd ML syndrome but with this Drama I had it from the first moment. How could they make him such a likeable character?

Hopefully he will show up outside the dream world too and maybe have a chance with a girl too. Not ChuChu since that girl seems to have the brain of a pea in both worlds. :ph34r:

Haha, I feel like it's getting quite a following from girls who have second lead syndrome. I started watching this drama for Marcus Chang and Vivian Sung...but I have to admit I'm continuing this drama for Qing Feng/ Simon Lian.

I'm like you @Usi - I almost never get second lead syndrome, but I think it's particularly bad in this drama because he seems so nice and easy going and he's possibly about to get rejected from both Chuchu and Xiao En (though I don't want him to be with Chuchu, double rejection sounds painful!)

For those interested in the actor behind Duan Mu Qing Feng, You can read my deep dive into the Singer/ Actor Simon Lian here:

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/07/spotlight-who-is-simon-lian.html

ZoNX5ms.jpg

WUpwrNb.jpg

• Like 2

Love that there’s so much activity on this thread!  Just wanted to pop in and say that I, too, eagerly await each new episode.  I normally am bothered by TDrama overacting (couldn’t make it through that Crazy on Live one), but I am LOVING this hilarious antics of this show.  The female protagonist is great!  I was looking at the director’s other shows and got kind of scared (Between?  Ugh.).  But I did really like V-Focus because the MF was also kind of comical but lovable, and not a pushover cutesy type.  Anyways, just wanted to say that I really enjoy reading everyone’s thoughts and the links to more video info like sneak peeks, interviews, and BTS scenes, which I have trouble finding on my own otherwise!

• Like 4

@Slyphykougn Welcome to the discussion! Good to know there's more fans out there. I know what you mean - I grew up on Taiwanese dramas, but still find the slapstick humour sometimes a bit too much. Like if they could sometimes tone it down a bit and focus on the story lines, it'd be perfect....but Taiwanese actors and their genuine chemistry make the dramas worth watching for me :) Haha, did this Director do Between, as in Marcus' previous drama? Because I could not make it past the first episode of that - I found the FL really irritating! Glad you're liking the content on this thread

@Usi Just watched episode 5 and that trailer looks exciting - like some solid momentum in the story line! Will write my thoughts later. Simon/ Qing Feng's puppy dog eyes hurt meeee. Like he's going to be too late in getting the girl once again!! I'm liking that in the real world it looks like Tian Xing's brother, Tian Jian might get with Chu Chu (real world Chu Chu seems less annoying than Fiction world Chu Chu).

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

General thoughts - might contain spoilers, so read after watching ep 5:

-Finally some obvious chemistry between Aoran and Xiao En! The part when the lights go out and they're sleeping while holding hands was pretty cute. I think Aoran will find he likes Xiao En because she's fun and competitive and will end up missing that whenever he hangs with Chu Chu (a lot of people seem to dislike her and think she's a fake)

-I find the banter between Qing Feng and Xiao En to be endearing. He is much more empathetic, but also more observant of the two leads and he comes across as being really smart and caring.

-I think Uncle Hu might be super evil and playing all the siblings against each other so he can get the company himself? He might be the one encouraging the riots...but even if he isn't, he's getting Tian Jian and Ming Li to act against one another, whether intentional or not

-No wonder MingLi is a psychopath - her mother cares for her real brother, her father care for her half-brother from an affair and she's just been spoilt but told she'll never have any of the companies. What a mess.

DOEHTpe.jpg

• Like 1

Yay, more viewers! Welcome to the discussion. It is getting more fun every week. Ep05 did not move much in story, but planted their relationship. I found it both sweet and extremely funny. Especially Xiao En describing CEO as a baby. So accurate and cute! :lol:

I agree with Uncle Hu being the one orchestrating the siblings' rivalry. I've already lost trust in him since Ep02 when he was shown with the chess board. That was scary. Poor Tian Xing!

Definitely, Aoran and Tian Xing are one person, especially with the parallels in  both real world and novel world. Did you notice that the scent diffuser that Susana put in Tian Xing's office was same as the one Aoran had in his home? In those scenes and in the opening reel, I had thought they were mere product placements. :lol: We don't know much about Tian Xing, but we do know that the main character in the novel is CEO, so what's familiar to him in the real world would have a place in the novel, and what (or who) doesn't appear may be just as telltaling too. Someone suggested that Aoran doesn't recognize Xiao En because he doesn't know her in the real world, and Susana and Chuchu's names remain the same because they're people he does know in real life. So it begs the question about the other main people in his life that do not appear in the novel, specifically his family. Could he be subconsciously blocking them for a reason? Does this have anything to do with him being afraid of the dark? Speaking of being afraid of the dark, the scene at his bedside was so sweet and heartwarming. The first, haa. I find it kind of metaphorical or maybe even foreshadowing their relationship. She grabbed a hold of the CEO she had always wished for, he accepts her, but then she starts to fade away (from Tian Xing's "memory"), until he finally remembers and catches her. Much like the ending theme, hehe.

The previews for Ep06 has my heart sobbing for Xiao En. The fun part is not the confession itself, but the post-confession. Aoran is already growing an attachment to Xiao En, so her confession will eat at his mind. And even if it does, his actions will continue to hurt Xiao En. That's just how it is! I feel so sorry for her that fate seems quite stubborn. Even in the novel world, she gets to witness her CEO's "fall" once again. Maybe it's not that fate is stubborn, but strong and non-negotiable. Maybe she is already the female lead and have been all along. If she's a CEO expert, then she would know best that the struggle and suffering of the CEO's female lead is a part of the equation.

P.S. I tried soo hard to watch Between for Marcus. As much as I love him, I also couldn't get passed two episodes for the same reason. ㅜㅜ I resorted to his cuts. :lol:

By the way, I've decided to translate a few scenes of Episode 4's Behind the Scenes - mainly the Simon+Vivian office scenes and the Vivian+Marcus maid scenes. It's a cute video since Marcus and Vivian jokingly call each other husband and wife :joy: I'll post here when I'm done.

@songielove That's an interesting theory about the characters with the same names being ones that Tian Xing knows in real life. I hadn't thought of that at all. I also wonder if the fear of the dark might be linked to whatever happened to Tian Xing out in the real world (what his siblings tried to do to him). Haha, Between was wayyyy too irritating. Even though I do often get interested in a drama for the male leads, I have to like the female lead a lot to watch the drama. The female characters are important and the story line has to be interesting, even if there are some gaps or room for improvement.

• Like 2