[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Ancient Love Poetry 千古玦尘

sugarplum892

The show got quite interesting, but it took way too long. I am not surprised quite a lot of people got bored and drop this drama during the first 12 episodes, which could’ve been condensed into 3-4. 

I also wish that these kind of dramas could cast better looking leads. Don’t know why every year the trend seems to be to cast bad looking actors, especially the male ones.

Zhou Dongyu is a big name, but doesn’t have the looks or vibe for this kind of character. But it’s whatever.l, at least they didn’t cast some no name. 

Xu Kai is definitely the wrong casting choice. I don’t think I’ve ever seen people universally label him as good looking, or a good actor. It’s ridiculous every time characters refer to him as being so attractive. They can’t have eyes.

Despite my gripes with that. They show is pretty interesting now, still annoys me that I had to sit through so many boring, and unnecessary episodes, to get to the good stuff.

5 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

Feng Ran (whom I first saw in Fu Yao) looks good and she is quite steady in fight scenes.

I also follow this actress from Fu Yao, she was really cool there :love:. I was not so impressed with her next work, but she looks very good here, looking forward to her character's arc))).

Liu Xueyi still looks very handsome. I was surprised to see some criticism prior to the airing of the drama about his character’s styling based solely on the white wig photo but they were clearly unjustified.

IMHO It's really hard to make Liu Xueyi  look not handsome:wub:. And we've already seen him with white hair in Love end Redemption). The problem with white wigs in ALP is, again (IMHO) because

the lack of contrast

we discussed). In the Pillow Book, for example, it was great with the brightness of the whole scenery and  contrast and pure bright colors (even white things were shining with white) - hope you understand what I'm talking about.

1 hour ago, leo2020 said:

we discussed). In the Pillow Book, for example, it was great with the brightness of the whole scenery and  contrast and pure bright colors (even white things were shining with white) - hope you understand what I'm talking about.

lol because it's out of budget for production cost Don't forget ZDY  had won the best actress awards for a few times

We will be having more episodes to watch in the next three weeks because the final airing date on 18 of july

1 hour ago, Alila N said:

I tend to ignore those comments lol, it was clearly bias lol. Also, no offend but in that setting, no one beats Xu Kai in term of look lol. I know people are saying TQ’s look better, but I don’t find him handsome? So yes, everyone allows to say wow, he’s handsome because again, in that world, no one looks better than he is lol. 

oh then how about Liu Xueyi as tian qi in that world lol? :lol:

16 minutes ago, LeeN said:

oh then how about Liu Xueyi as tian qi in that world lol? :lol:

Like I said he’s ok :p I don’t find him handsome lol, maybe he’s second to BJ hence their competitiveness :joy:

• LOL 1

@Alila N@LeeN ok, ok, guys, don't smash heads :love: 

We all have our preferences, and in addition IMHO Liu Xueyi and Xu Kai are totally different in tearms of looks and acting style.

For me, Liu Xueyi's sharm is unbeatable in every piece of work he does,  however, I totally agree with @clawedzip , people who say Xu Kai  is not sweet and  handsome definitely have  lack of six sences :grin:. It's just totally different ))). 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

i am re watching the episode of yue ming died in tian qi arms :cries:i wanna slash that ungrateful phoenix with gu tia sword i'm waiting to watch her great punishment Hope yue ming will revive as well she deserves to have a good ending

• Like 1

On 6/28/2021 at 1:04 AM, LeeN said:

chin zhao :sweat_smile: i laughed til my stomach pained Don't simply ORDER people to pay respect lol We never known he / she was a high god

And her damn face supposed as same as this:skull: and blew out smoke after she got attack by thunder

I laughed so much when I saw her being struck by lightning bolt a second time. She totally deserved it for being so obnoxious! I saw in the preview that Tian Di gave a decree for Qing Mu to marry her. I hope he has a good reason for doing that given that he must know how very close Bai Jue and Shang Gu were in theIr previous God lives. 

Cant wait for episode 23. The cliff hanger at the end of episode 22 is too much!

• LOL 1

went to the Mydramalist comments...

seems like many international fans subscribe to this cdrama...most dont mind the bad/mean comments in that "douban" or the other sites ...

and im one of them...◉‿◉

i dont rely on reviews to get entertained.. ʘ‿ʘ

Yeah it’s so funny Tian Qi telling Hou Chi that in their previous lives, they were a couple and Bai Jue was jealous and tried to break them up. And then Tian Qi asked Hou Chi to kiss him, or if not, hug him, to see if the feelings will come back to her. So funny, I enjoyed watching their interactions. Episodes 23 and 24 were fun.

Jing Zhao continues to be delusional, thinking that Qing Mu will marry her. Even her brother Jing Jian was trying to convince Tian Di that Qing Mu will reject. Tian Hou is  still as evil as ever, trying to kill Tian Qi to silence him so that her evil deeds will not be uncovered. Wonder what happened between her and Gu Jun …

• Like 3

I like that this drama injects humor whenever possible. It balances the heartaches along the way. 

18 minutes ago, omiki said:

Wonder what happened between her and Gu Jun …

She loved Gu Jun, it was evident before and like you I'm wondering, too, but at the end of the day, she values prestige and ambition more than anything so it's not actually shocking that she left Hou Chi and Gu Jun. 

• Like 3

Hi guys! I am new to the drama. I love the lead actress.. She's very talented.. But what got me really hook to this drama is the CG. I didnt like main actor but it sort of grow on me. I prefer him as Bai Jue than Qing Mu. Qing Mu's cockroach hair is irritating me hahahahaha. Did anyone here read the novel? Also,... Why is there so much hate for the drama? International fans seems ok. 

• Like 1