[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Ancient Love Poetry 千古玦尘

sugarplum892

4 hours ago, Alila N said:

Yup, so sad. Everyone’s acting were so good, I was kinda crying lol :flushed: (tears just escapes me for some reasons lawl >_>). I love ZDY’s acting, it really makes you feel the sadness. Can’t wait for more episodes. And hold on to your tissue box, it’s not stopping now lol.

This drama it's worth to watch because of their outstanding acting guide us get through the drama i cried a lot while yue ming died in tian qi arms:cries:

My feeling it's like Bai jue  got into tian qi life history to seek for the truth

I'm looking forward to Deng wei and Pan Mei Ye will have such a good drama soon

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LeeN said:

I'm looking forward to Deng wei and Pan Mei Ye will have such a good drama soon

Sorry for the off-top - that is a dream come true, however it is my understanding Deng Wei already joined "Chong Zi". 

I'm really enjoying the drama  so far , the quality of CGI is top-top, although still trying to fall in love with a female lead. 

And Liu Xue Yi :heart3:  as always, just drives me crazy (despite the fact his wig is soooo ugly :criesariver:). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Deng Wei already joined "Chong Zi". 

who knows they might work together again in the future Since they both had a great chemistry in the previous drama we had watched:smiley:

i hope tian qi and yue ming will reborn again And hope he will truly love yue ming

• Like 2

People, am I the only who finds the wigs for practically all the guys emmm... ugly? None of them compliment the actor they were made for so far, and even poor "baby face" Xu Kai looks like a hamster(((. They put all the money in CGI and failed to hire a decent team of hairdressers?). 

Also, after 14 ep I've watched I still can't say I enjoy the main lead actress, however I decided to tolerate her for the sake of the story. 

• LOL 2

3 hours ago, leo2020 said:

People, am I the only who finds the wigs for practically all the guys emmm... ugly? None of them compliment the actor they were made for so far, and even poor "baby face" Xu Kai looks like a hamster(((. They put all the money in CGI and failed to hire a decent team of hairdressers?). 

Also, after 14 ep I've watched I still can't say I enjoy the main lead actress, however I decided to tolerate her for the sake of the story. 

uhm, I can see what you mean by the wigs, at the back, it’s beautiful hair. But the top is a bit too bulky, and maybe too super shiny lol. The ornament also are not complementing their look. But the costumes are gorgeous, I keep staring at them lol.

ZDY isn’t pleasing to the eyes to some, I can understand that, as that was my thought when I first saw her in palace the movie, but man, how she blew me away with her performance in that is just :wut:

and then after that, the movie with Sandra Ma. Again, just naturally she stole the whole show away for me. Maybe while waiting do watch those movies lol, and get used to her look xD? But at the end of the day, you don’t like it, you don’t like it lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, Alila N said:

uhm, I can see what you mean by the wigs, at the back, it’s beautiful hair. But the top is a bit too bulky, and maybe too super shiny lol. The ornament also are not complementing their look. But the costumes are gorgeous, I keep staring at them lol.

ZDY isn’t pleasing to the eyes to some, I can understand that, as that was my thought when I first saw her in palace the movie, but man, how she blew me away with her performance in that is just :wut:

and then after that, the movie with Sandra Ma. Again, just naturally she stole the whole show away for me. Maybe while waiting do watch those movies lol, and get used to her look xD? But at the end of the day, you don’t like it, you don’t like it lol

i found the actors had putted too much makeup on their faces especially tian qi and bai jue AND THEIR wigs over out of fashioned and too sticky fake The hairstyle of  tmopb love and destiny and miss the dragon were even looked more nicer than this drama

I have melted by thei:sweat_smile:r acting skill

All ZDY movies and dramas also have a few similarities childish and annoying There was a drama of her with lou jin Drama title  Behind The Scenes i didn't like it i felt gross as they forced themselves to act as a couple i felt awkward

7 hours ago, leo2020 said:

I’ve been looking forward to this drama because of Xu Kai but so far (up to Ep14), it is just okay. I think he’s a promising actor so maybe it is the editing that makes his acting seem a bit fake at some points and the progression of Bai Jue’s feelings for Shang Gu from misunderstanding to I-would-sacrifice-anything-for-you seems too abrupt. Apparently, Xu Kai was not well during part of the shooting and had to go to the hospital so it could have affected his performance somewhat. ZDY’s looks don’t really fit this role and she’s a bit weak in the action scenes. I’m waiting for her to grow on me and for the plot to get better.

There are a lot of special effects but after a while, I think they kind of get overwhelming at the expense of the character and story development (they like to arrange some side character to tell the other characters and the viewer what’s going on). While they are not the 50-cent type of effects, I stopped getting wowed (Love and Redemption seems better by comparison as the special effects really compliment the story). They clearly spent a lot of money on the sets but the camerawork and styling generally don’t flatter the actors.

I think Liu Xueyi still looks handsome with the black wig, more than Xu Kai actually, and his acting is great as usual. The white wig isn’t but white wigs rarely look good anyway. The other leads and secondary characters don’t really look photogenic, except for Xue Shen (too bad I don’t like her character).

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

26 minutes ago, LeeN said:

And the ungrateful phoenix too So angry with her character

Yeah, both are quite stereotypical. I didn’t realise the actress for the 5-colour phoenix was the one who played the smart and beautiful foreign concubine towards the end of The Story of Yan Xi Palace until I looked her up.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bluehibiscus said:

Yeah, both are quite stereotypical. I didn’t realise the actress for the 5-colour phoenix was the one who played the smart and beautiful foreign concubine towards the end of The Story of Yan Xi Palace until I looked her up.

yes she's the one  As i see she's more evil than xue shen She's bad just  because of bai jue And Wu huan is bad through her character

I really enjoy this drama so far, and can't wait to know whether it's a happy ending or not.

So I read the novel, but the english translation only still up to ch.12

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/ancient-god/

Then I just continued to look for the raw novel & google translated until the last chapter (ch.96)

https://www.99csw.com/book/4218/index.htm

Thank god it's a happy ending :please:

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, morningdew said:

I really enjoy this drama so far, and can't wait to know whether it's a happy ending or not.

Then I just continued to look for the raw novel & google translated until the last chapter (ch.96)

ZDY already gave away it is a HE at the launch event.

1 hour ago, morningdew said:

thanks you so much i have cried so much in episode 14

tomorrow night will have more episodes

11 hours ago, Alila N said:

But at the end of the day, you don’t like it, you don’t like it lol

hahaha... that got me rofl..

ngl..not impressed with ZDY as well ..but when she smile shes photogenic..

• LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

Reading the novel right now. I know it’s not related but the common high deity, Dong Hua is really throwing me off :sweat_smile: at anytime I waiting for something related to 10 miles pop out lawl! :joy: in the novel, it stressed twice how ordinary Shang Gu/hou chi looks lol. I’m glad :) and the novel started off quite nice!

im like reading spoiler lol! Basically the beginning of the novel is after the current event, and it’s kinda lovely. Totally recommended!

• LOL 1

8 hours ago, LeeN said:

can't stop crying again i'm so disappointing of zhi yang nothing he can do He agreed to sacrifice

Shang gu:criesariver:

Oh Shang gu reborn as Gu jun daughter hou chi high god

Nothing ZY can do really. And as much as BJ opposed it, he knew he couldn’t really. He would find a way to kill himself to take her place if he can. So In the end, the 3 of them will always chose the world above their happiness. I think ZY is just very sad, he saw one by one, his brother, sisters, all the gods he love and know die. And nothing he can do about it but playing along with fate. As a matter of fact, these high gods are so sad lol. I do love how in the end, all of them sacrificed.

Spoiler

For the evil things, she’s done, the snow god is still pretty decent. She would die to protect her love one, is her love blind? Yes, it is. But it is just as genuine. I forgave her after her battle with the demon dude lol.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/23/2021 at 6:28 AM, bluehibiscus said:

There are a lot of special effects but after a while, I think they kind of get overwhelming at the expense of the character and story development (they like to arrange some side character to tell the other characters and the viewer what’s going on). While they are not the 50-cent type of effects, I stopped getting wowed (Love and Redemption seems better by comparison as the special effects really compliment the story). They clearly spent a lot of money on the sets but the camerawork and styling generally don’t flatter the actors.

I think Liu Xueyi still looks handsome with the black wig, more than Xu Kai actually, and his acting is great as usual. The white wig isn’t but white wigs rarely look good anyway. The other leads and secondary characters don’t really look photogenic, except for Xue Shen (too bad I don’t like her character).

Yes, and re costumes, they made them pastel, white mostly, and the scenery is also pale, so sometimes I feel lack of this wow effect of the whole scenes. Hope they'll add more contrast.

Liu Xueyi, I totally agree, looks the best so far (apart from that wig, again)))), but, come on, he is someone who can wear a potato sack and look handsome as heaven:heart4:. And I love his acting, however hope for more main lead roles for him.

Re the white wig - so far Vengo is unbeatable on this front, sorry guys)))

• Like 1