• Vagabond 2019
    • VIP 2019
    • Crash Landing on You 2020
    • Wanna Taste 2020
    • Memories of Alhambra 2018
    • Moonlight drawn by clouds 2016
    • Misty 2018

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/19/2020 at 12:13 AM

57 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

I watch too many weekend and daily dramas where idiots who dump for no reason always get hit by something. in this case, it was the freezer? ^_^

I've tried my best to forget watching MMS but, as I recall, there may have been a white truck of doom in there somewhere.....oh evil chaebols, I think, or maybe it was the Korean mafia or something.  I know for sure there was a stalker-y psychiatrist and absolutely tons of PPL.  It was all really confusing.  For an extra added ICK factor, the son of the FL's former boyfriend and her bestie was crushing on the FL.

One of the things that I did think was funny was that the FL's besties were supposedly still wearing clothes that were from the 1999.  Yeah, I'm old enough to remember this stuff:  their gear was 80's for sure.

Oh rats, I remember way too much!  I'm gonna have to make myself forget again so that I can forgive Ji Chang Wook for starring in this frozen torture chamber.

Anyway, I'd like to think of my 16 hours of penance watching MMS as a sort of civic sacrifice because now I can at least warn the unsuspecting NOT to watch it!  :crazy:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, corey said:

Thanks for bringing this up. I still have a soft spot for this drama as it was the very first K-Drama I watched. I still root for Hong Jong Hyun! And yes, it is an absolute exception - I've yet to see a K-Drama where the FL ends up with SL!

And yes, you are right about FL never confessing to Wang RIm - why? The writers kept us in suspense for several episodes as to WHO exaclty she has feelings for. And the kiss was awful.

And I watched Absolute BF just for Hong Jong Hyun but I dropped it halfway and then just checked the ending  and I believe it was a wise decision.

Yup that kiss was awful.But I liked Yoona's performance here.Atleast she was not a flower pot in King in Love unlike The K2. 

You know what?? Absolute bf lead me to watch King in Love. I was impressed by Hong Jong Hyun. And although Absolute BF was a trainwreck, it was only due to his character that I kept on going while skipping Yeo Jin Goo's scenes.However I couldn't get the closure that I desired in Absol bf and I mentally accepted that the guy holding the umbrella in the last scene with the fl must be HJH.It was my fault as I watched it when it was airing and had I known the shitty ending,I would have definitely dropped it mid -way.

I was badly struck by Second Lead Syndrome and thus searched for HJH dramas. Usually I don't watch Sageuks but I started King in Love only after having confirmed that HJH gets the girl.Finally I could overcome the misery that Absolute bf got me when I witnessed:ph34r: HJH legit ended up with the girl in King in Love. Omg!! I was just swooning over his character as Wang Rim. The fl was wise to choose him  cause in other cases characters like these remain eternal second leads pining for the girl but get forever friendzoned. In other dramas however bratty the ml is but the fl would still choose him over the ever sacrificing good hearted second lead:huh:..Agggh

thanks everyone for voting as well as sharing your thoughts :D; @eLizza @celebrianna @000231846597 @thistle @Lawyerh @lynne22 @corey @airgelaal @Jillia @burgundyprincess @AgentQuake @angelangie @Matilda_Anne @cenching @mkats @joccu @closetserialaddict @ktcjdrama @sadthe1st @Bejaffled @kokodus @Sushimi @triplem @partyon @Table122000 @MayanEcho @Dhakra @lyrically aesthetic @YongZura⁷ @charray @LeftCoastOppa @thanie @mrsj3n  ==  it was so much fun reading your reviews and views. :D had a blast laughing over some of these nonsensical plots! well, we certainly know what to avoid if we haven't seen them already!

top vote: Moon lovers: scarlet heart ryeo, memories of alahambra, cheese in the trap

honourable mentions: hwayugi korean odyssey, vagabond. poor lee seung gi!

tumblr_p2aw37uFdg1s8t96qo1_500.png

till the next event!

Thank You, @Lmangla for being so creative with Events :joy:. I had so much fun reading all those hilarious comments. That was sure very entertaining considering the situation that we have right now (the pandemic, uhg!). I'm looking forward to the next event. Keep those creative juices flowing, ma dear, I'd be happy to take a sip :heart:

Freshest (as in latest) bad ending for me - The world of the married couple. For all the stress the writer-PD put us through the ending wasn't satisfying. It might have been logical and all that but we are talking about a series that came across as a revenge drama. I want heads rolling in the finale! :joy: Also for those who were watching it more closely could be please help me --- Who murdered Park In Gyu? They seemed to have gotten away with it.

Another ending that refuses to heal - Scarlet Heart Ryeo. When one is remaking something one already knows how well received (or not) the ending of the original was. Why oh why would you still go with the unpopular one!! There is no explanation yet!

Also didnt like the ending of Strangers in Hell. But it wasnt shocking cos I was ready for anything. 

@Lmangla, omgggg thank you so much for this event, I got to know other K-dramas that I have never watch and probably won't until I'm reaaaady :D

This forum was so entertaining, reading various sentiments with my fellow vieweeeeers. I mean, who likes sad endings?!!! 

Until the next eveeeent, I'm looking forward to it. :wub:

fingerheart_2x.png

On 5/19/2020 at 12:47 PM, angelangie said:

cause they twisted the plot for my old folktale that i grew up with :x

I guess you haven't watched this before.... the western definition of Asian beauty haunted my childhood since this TV movie.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2020 at 12:26 AM, triplem said:

It was a weak ending...the writer already cornered herself/ himself and just had to give fan service to make it a " happy ending" ..but I still love about 80% of the drama ...

Any fellow Misty fans here...good golly  I was so invested in that drama ...all sorts of +19 gifs I made :P

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

...but that ending - they made the man I fell in love with a hero for 14 episodes and then he became a coward ? urghhhh

And @Lmangla don't get me started on The Last Empress and VIP ...I made a resolution at the end of 2019 to stay off all Jang Nara dramas as they are bound to break my heart ( but as you know I broke my resolution, I am watching Oh My Baby :lol:) ...

@partyon Omg Innocent Man ... in my mind I think Maru did remember .He had too - I spent so many hours :lol:.. 

@Dhakra you should come here and vote for Manhole... :joy:

@corey BLWL ...so called happy ending...but at the end we weren't so happy :lol:...

Hello @triplem fellow misty fan here (: Do u mind sharing the gifs u made!!

Archived