• Vagabond 2019
    • VIP 2019
    • Crash Landing on You 2020
    • Wanna Taste 2020
    • Memories of Alhambra 2018
    • Moonlight drawn by clouds 2016
    • Misty 2018

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/19/2020 at 12:13 AM

42 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

whats with having a genetic brain disease then start dropping your husband, trying to find a new love and starting an affair.. like.. duh!

LOL, okay thats a really crazy plot! :lol:

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Voted!... haha, this place is turning to be like a support group for those who got burned by bad ending...

kekeke... we should find solace in each other. :lol: some dramas you write off but some, you just get annoyed years later thinking about it even though you have forgotten almost all of the plot. the only thing I remember from last empress was rocky transformation because it was hilarious... rest of the plot I have wiped from out from my memory altogether. ^_^

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Bejaffled said:

This was so hard to pick a winner (um..loser?). As I read down the list I was like "oh yeah, that was the worst ending", "omg, no, this was THE WORST", "EEK, I forgot how awful this ending was!!", "I almost smashed my tv & rioted because of this ending". So thanks @Lmangla for this poll & reminding me how frustrated a lot of drama finales make me. :kiss_wink: 

LOL...  yea, there are lots of these bad endings. I think it just makes you annoyed as you spent so many hours watching. if the drama let you know midway that it was going to suck, many of us would drop it like a hot potato.

13 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

The worst ever - I Summon You, Gold! I cant even describe how awful was it.

I pretty much started laughing at the ending because it was so dumb. another drama wiped out of my memory! ^_^

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

Hold Me Tight! (lets watch the sunset together)

whats with having a genetic brain disease then start dropping your husband, trying to find a new love and starting an affair.. like.. duh!

50 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

The worst ever - I Summon You, Gold! I cant even describe how awful was it.

There are two types of dramas with bad ending....

One is those with more or less consistently bad in writing from midway or worse still, from the very beginning that you no longer care about the ending anymore [I am afraid I have to put Summon Gold & Sunset Together into this category].

Another is those with promising start that you invested your time and emotion into it.... only to be betrayed by the awful ending.... THOSE are not to be forgiven, like forever.

i bet there will be more to come.. just have to keep fingers crossed and hope upcoming ones will not be as bad.. or worse.. or worst! than those already listed :lol: there are so many new dramas this week!!

Lol!! I have watched only 3 dramas mentioned in the poll.Guess I m spoiled for the rest..:phew: . So those are Crash Landing, Hwayugi and Vagabond. For me none of them had a horrible ending.CLOY ending was perfect for me (in a corner of my heart I still hoped that the SL survived). Coming back to Hwayugi,I knew Samjang would die in the end as already foreshadowed and relation between a sage/demon god and a human was anyways deemed tragic.So I was prepared for that. Finally Vagabond....Well I enjoyed it ,even though the script went haywire..Seung Gi 's performance was endearing and that was enough for me.SSR was also a treat to watch. The ending didn't bother me much cause I was not at all interested in the romantic arc . Plus I think season 2 will be there..

So I will mention some dramas not included in the poll whose ending left a bitter taste. At the moment I can recall only few.WARNING: May contain spoilers.

1.ABSOLUTE BF:I still regret watching this drama.Usually I stay away from dramas where a love story is shown involving non-living beings.However I watched this entire show just to be curious about with whom the fl lead ends. My preference was ofcourse the sl i.e the human. Somehow I managed to sit through the episodes by skipping the lovey-dovey scenes between the fl and ml a.k.a the robot.You can imagine how hard it is to watch a drama when you can't stand the main character.:tounge_xd: ..I reached the final episode only to be deprived of closure. Ending scene still haunts me with flashes of fl waiting for someone when a man comes holding a green umbrella hiding his features. She smiles at him. Aaaaaandd The End:crazy: ..Omg I was so mad.:triumph:..It was a full waste. Who was that mysterious guy?? The human or the robot?? Both had equal chances..I still don't know. But for my sanity I assumed it should be the sl i.e the human.At that time I was not keen of dropping a drama plus I was rooting for the sl.

2.The K2: Again this one I had to finish by fforwarding whatever the minimal romantic scenes the leads had. Honestly I was shipping the step mother with Ji Chang Wook. I haven't scene a sassy female villain like her in kdramaland yet. You will feel angry at some of her actions but at the same time can't help feeling pity for her.She had to go through so much just to protect her share and love .Her hubby was a douchebag and her father treated her poorly. But what we got in the end . She died <_<..and that too by some bomb blast while locked in a freaking hidden base with that cheater husband .Well I don't mind the husband's death but she couldn't even get to you know enjoy her wealth for which she was fighting with her step bro.The annoying step- daughter gulped it all.

3.Angel's Last Mission: Although I knew it would be tragic but till the end I was hoping for the angel to become human or something.sigh!!

4.The King in Love: Okay so this drama haunted me for few days after it ended.It was the only drama  I have seen till date where the fl ends up living with the sl. I was so happy but at the same time it left me confused because the fl never fully openly confessed her feelings for the Sl. I was hoping something would happen but nope..All I got was some unnecessary court politics and a love triangle between best friends.I was so mad when the Queen died .She loved her son so much. Don't get me about that bs ending.. when the sl had to fake his death and then he and fl went to another place while wandering like vagabonds whereas the fl used to be the richest person in their country. The three friends were separated in the end ..:tears:.. That's why I don't like to watch sageuks.They always tend to have some bad endings.

BONUS:W two worlds. Although I loved the series but the death of fl's father made no sense to me. 

34 minutes ago, eLizza said:

:I still regret watching this drama.Usually I stay away from dramas where a love story is shown involving non-living beings.

LOL.... I honestly don't get these kind of love stories. the latest is between a cat and a human but people had more sense to avoid that drama and it crashed and burned into being one of the lowest rated. these non-living being romances are really perplexing. I think it is because I grew up watching terminator and robo cop. so no I don't think they will be cute. instead, it is more like duck and hide!

azqj8.gif

I  said that I watched only 3 dramas from this list. The main reason being I have already been warned about the shitty endings in most of the dramas mentioned in the poll. So I didn't dare to go near them.

@Lmangla I marvel rather that people actually remember the drama endings of some of these shows. I watched Black and for the life of me I can’t even remember the ending. The rest of the drama shows on the poll I either didn’t watch (9) or I dropped them (8). 

@celebrianna ~ I think it takes a special kind of bad ending to make an impression that you remember how annoyed you were even after some time has passed. :joy: if it is neither too bad or too bad, you forget after a while as you watch so many dramas....

1 hour ago, eLizza said:

BONUS:W two worlds. Although I loved the series but the death of fl's father made no sense to me. 

With the very same writer of MoA....

Yeah. One of the worst part of W is the non-sensical death of the FL's dad. I guess the true message behind is, "don't kill off characters in a story you create or you will suffer a horrible death". Yay.

9 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@celebrianna ~ I think it takes a special kind of bad ending to make an impression that you remember how annoyed you were even after some time has passed. :joy: if it is neither too bad or too bad, you forget after a while as you watch so many dramas....

Actually, for me it’s more like “think only of the past as it’s remembrance gives you pleasure”. :lol: There are some show endings that I got really mad at so I chose to forget them as soon as possible. Like some of them that @thistle mentioned and even the Last Empress like you though I dropped it before it ended. In contrast, I remember drama shows that I enjoyed that also ended well. 

Allow me to rant some more as I recalled another drama..

5. King 2 Hearts... aggghhh ..okay so they made the princess disabled. Fine I could tolerate upto that but why kill the royal guard Eun Shi Kyung ..The king got a happy ending but what about the princess. There was no need for Jo Jung Suk's character to die.:triumph:

Spoiler

6.DOTS had a happy ending but what was with that coming back to life in the last episode after being declared dead .It added nothing to the plot. That drama was already over-dramatic be it in terms of patriotism or romance,so why add up more. Anyways it was my taste that I didn't like it although it was popular.

26 minutes ago, eLizza said:

Allow me to rant some more as I recalled another drama..

Me, too!  :lol:

Somehow I just thought of Melting Me Softly.  I wanted to like it because of the leads but it was a total nightmare right the way through but I didn't stop watching because, hey, first new JCW drama in two years.  Had to "accept" that the leads had been frozen for 20 years.  Had to accept a whole lot of silly side stories.  but I didn't give up watching.  And then right at the end, the FL has to get re-frozen for a few more years!  Arrrrrrggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!  :crazy:  Yes, I did admit earlier that I hated unnecessary last minute separations between the leads but this one totally put the cherry on top of this over-frozen cake.  so annoying!

As @celebrianna said, it's good to choose to forget shows with bad endings.  But sometimes, they just bubble back up unwillingly in memory even though my common sense says not to remember.

26 minutes ago, thistle said:

And then right at the end, the FL has to get re-frozen for a few more years!  Arrrrrrggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!  

LOL :joy: can't stop giggling. well that takes separation angst to a whole new level! so what happened after he defrosted? why am I thinking of frozen chicken? :sweatingbullets:

@thistle, Melting Me Softly is another drama I dropped around episode 10. I used to force myself to finish a drama but I now realize it’s okay to have a dropped list of over 50 drama shows. :lol: It was liberating to stop punishing myself. 

On sad endings, I don’t think they’re necessarily bad. Chinese drama Nirvana in Fire is an example. Some call it a revenge drama but I think of it more as a “pursuit of justice” drama. A sad ending was definite from the early episodes but the hero accomplished his mission well. It was satisfying yet so very sad yet still a good ending.

31 minutes ago, thistle said:

Somehow I just thought of Melting Me Softly.  I wanted to like it because of the leads but it was a total nightmare right the way through but I didn't stop watching because, hey, first new JCW drama in two years.  Had to "accept" that the leads had been frozen for 20 years.  Had to accept a whole lot of silly side stories.  but I didn't give up watching.  And then right at the end, the FL has to get re-frozen for a few more years!  Arrrrrrggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!  :crazy:  Yes, I did admit earlier that I hated unnecessary last minute separations between the leads but this one totally put the cherry on top of this over-frozen cake.  so annoying!

Ohh thanks for spoiling the end of MMS..lol!!!. But actually I m glad:tounge_xd:

I watched MMS when it was airing and the premise sounded quite interesting initially. At that time Vagabond also had its run. Due to some reasons I halted MMS on episode 8 ,maybe I was bored.,.However continued Vagabond owing to LSG and the intense cliffhangers. As the episodes of MMS piled up ,so did the negative reviews. It dampened my spirit which wanted to complete the unfinished. Later on I totally lost interest in it .But... I still avoided getting spoilers cause at the back of my mind this hitch was kicking me to not abandon a drama and I hoped that someday I will get back to it.I knew this was only wishful thinking cause I have a stack of halted dramas which I know will never be continued.This was somewhat an old story. But recently I decided to give closure to all the dramas that I have put on hold by reading synopsis or recaps.This would give me some peace of mind cause I already invested some of my precious time in it.

2 hours ago, eLizza said:

2.The K2: Again this one I had to finish by fforwarding whatever the minimal romantic scenes the leads had. Honestly I was shipping the step mother with Ji Chang Wook. I haven't scene a sassy female villain like her in kdramaland yet. You will feel angry at some of her actions but at the same time can't help feeling pity for her.She had to go through so much just to protect her share and love .Her hubby was a douchebag and her father treated her poorly. But what we got in the end . She died <_<..and that too by some bomb blast while locked in a freaking hidden base with that cheater husband .Well I don't mind the husband's death but she couldn't even get to you know enjoy her wealth for which she was fighting with her step bro.The annoying step- daughter gulped it all.

Ahhhh your post intrigued me... LOL... I don't watch K2.. But boy.. I remember the UMBRELLA SCENE between JCW and the stepmother was EPIC and intense... So I do kinda get why you ship these two :D

S

2 hours ago, eLizza said:

5. King 2 Hearts... aggghhh ..okay so they made the princess disabled. Fine I could tolerate upto that but why kill the royal guard Eun Shi Kyung ..The king got a happy ending but what about the princess. There was no need for Jo Jung Suk's character to die.:triumph:

The King 2 Hearts is one of those dramas I feel is over-rated. There were a few good elements; it introduced me to two good actors, Jo Jung-suk and Lee Sung-min; the romance story lines were far from impressive but still worked ok for me. However, the IR things and the villians were so illogically written that I couldn't bear it anymore and dropped the show at around episode 8-9.

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

LOL :joy: can't stop giggling. well that takes separation angst to a whole new level! so what happened after he defrosted? why am I thinking of frozen chicken? :sweatingbullets:

Well, one of the minor issues that the lead couple had was that the ML was ten years older than the FL.  I don't think re-freezing helped that at all.  Just widened the gap.  :lol:

The other issue was that the ML's GF waited for him the whole 20 years he was frozen but when he was defrosted he was all like "nope" and she was devastated (not to mention now 20 years his senior).  But somehow he decided he was better than that and waited for the FL to get unfrozen.  It was, sadly, ridiculous and certainly reminiscent of freezer-burned chicken.  :P

1 hour ago, eLizza said:

Ohh thanks for spoiling the end of MMS..lol!!!. But actually I m glad:tounge_xd:

Oops.  Sorry about that.  But, trust me, this will save hours of wasted time.  If you saw the remainder of MMS, it would not make you cheerful.  It was a major disappointment.  

JCW could have starred in a show about astronauts but, no, he had to choose this drek.  I can't think why.

39 minutes ago, thistle said:

The other issue was that the ML's GF waited for him the whole 20 years he was frozen but when he was defrosted he was all like "nope"

LOL... how did he not get crucified when people get so mad over cheating and mean exes of female leads? wait a minute, oppa gets support no matter what a drama richard simmons his character is. :sweatingbullets:

he sounds like he deserved to get frozen then -- it wasn't separation angst. it was karma!  yes, I watch too many weekend and daily dramas where idiots who dump for no reason always get hit by something. in this case, it was the freezer? ^_^

Archived