• Vagabond 2019
    • VIP 2019
    • Crash Landing on You 2020
    • Wanna Taste 2020
    • Memories of Alhambra 2018
    • Moonlight drawn by clouds 2016
    • Misty 2018

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/19/2020 at 12:13 AM

1 hour ago, lyrically aesthetic said:

Mr Sunshine is one of the best Kdrama I have ever watched but one of the most disheartening ending ever. You can actually feel your heart wrenching in the last episode like bruuuuuuuuuuh, I was depressed for two days!!!!!

this is one of those dramas where everyone in the poster dies right? that is why I avoid historical dramas. rather than enjoy the drama, I am mentally having a bet on how many characters will die and who might make it. :sweatingbullets:

a "umm, what was that?" ending was emperor of the sea. she ends up alone in the end. my reaction --- what???????? why have a triangle if she is not going to make any choice? the whole point of a triangle is to have shipping wars in threads and analyze to death and then get mad when your ship sinks. :lol:

n69360248130_2095946_6102686.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, partyon said:

Not sure if the director is working anymore in the industry? :D

Checked out of curiousity.... the director is still quite active.... he won Baeksang for directing The Lady in Dignity. His most recent work, Tale of Gyeryong Fairy was a let-down though; I am not sure if it is his fault since I haven't watch it after hearing the bad reviews.

2 hours ago, lyrically aesthetic said:

Mr Sunshine is one of the best Kdrama I have ever watched but one of the most disheartening ending ever. You can actually feel your heart wrenching in the last episode like bruuuuuuuuuuh, I was depressed for two days!!!!! 

I agree.. and they robbed us of a kissing scene.. 

I have to agree with @partyon that 2004's Memories of Bali / Something happened in Bali's ending was really bad.. like... super duper crazy bad haha..

Pretty noona's writing on the other hand... gets awful at the last 2 episode.. It made me so speechless that I don't even care about the ending anymore... I've scrubbed that drama out of my mind... haha..

Memories of Alhambra.... DOES NOT NEED A ROMANCE... IT WOULD HAVE WORK BETTER WITHOUT A ROMANCE!!!! NOT ALL SHOW NEED ROMANCE!!!! THAT'S WHY SO MANY PEOPLE PROTEST THE ENDING..lols.. tbh I would rather avoid the script writer's work in the future.. even W Two Worlds left me so unsatisfied. 

Actually Uncontrollably Fond was good... angsty good... I can understand why the story ends the way it does... 

That's it for Kdrama for me.. lols... 

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

Why hahaha there are one with a lousy ending ..... I think it is ‘Please love me.’ Lols it’s a CDrama a bit hard to understand the ending lols.

hahhaa.. yeahh.. I'm with angie here... CDRAMA have way more trashy and bad ending... most notably.. and two I'M STILL BAFFLED IS The Rise Of The Phoenix and Zhao Yao... sigh there's no way to be sure if this happen because of the arrogance of the Production company.. writing or censorship..... With C drama, the viewers will just have to accept it as it is I guess... even if it made us want to curse... <_< and yes Cenching.... Princess Agent baffles me too.. the arrogance of the people behind the mess still made me want to flip... haha.. 

4 hours ago, cenching said:

Completely agreed!!! I still bitter about the ending untill today....One of the worst ending in dramaland....

@Lmangla

I second @Lawyerh, I found C dramaland got more rubbish ending than K dramaland. 

@Lmangla I rarely watch series and PA was the very first Cdrama I watched. I think I went through the 5 stages of grief after it ended with that kind of finale. :lol:

27 minutes ago, lynne22 said:

Memories of Alhambra.... DOES NOT NEED A ROMANCE... IT WOULD HAVE WORK BETTER WITHOUT A ROMANCE!!!! NOT ALL SHOW NEED ROMANCE!!!! THAT'S WHY SO MANY PEOPLE PROTEST THE ENDING..lols.. tbh I would rather avoid the script writer's work in the future.. even W Two Worlds failed me in the end. 

For me the problems for MoA were not about romance.... it was the repetitive appearance of the died 2ML and the irritating behaviors of the ML after the time jump in the middle; also the weird story progression [I don't remember the details anymore]; the ending is ridiculous; it's like saying "don't be too obsessed with a virtual game/ the virtual world or you will be sucked into it forever and meet your death". How stupid is that....

W - Two Worlds - I could already sense the writer would not be able to tie up the loose ends midway through the drama so I was quite prepared for a badly written ending... the second half was so crappy that actually the ending was not the worst part of the whole show.

Seems Memories of Alhambra is in the lead! :joy:

Surprised that not more people voted for The Last Empress. :D I mean, how can one say that the ending was good when the ML (Choi Jin Hyuk) disappeared and didn't participate in filming the last 4 episodes?!?  :w00t:

That the producers and writers decided to extend the drama with 4 episodes, and didn't check with the ML's schedule first is incomprehensible to me. :angry:

EDIT: I realize that I am still angry about the ending.... :joy:

The first time I'm happy to vote.

CITT left such a big impact to me personally that I didn't watch any drama that one of the actors participate in.  It's not the actor's fault it's just me personally but I'm getting over it slowly.

15 hours ago, lyrically aesthetic said:

I agree with this. Ending is heartbreaking and so unfair to Eugene. But still one of the best if not the best korean drama that I have watched. 

Hwayugi made me so angry that I have sworn forever not to watch another Hong Sisters drama no matter who the leads are, no matter how tempting the storyline is, no matter what.  I will NOT.  

Vagabond.  It doesn't even end.  It just flops over and quits.  :crazy:

Another ending that made me angry:  Ghost Detective.  I am still not over it.  Instead of life with his FL, the ML chose to remain dead and, worse, damned forever.  

One more:  He is Psychometic.  Just no.  The prosecutor did not have have to turn bad because his father was.  It should never have happened like that. 

Spoiler

It's interesting that Come and Hug Me (one of my favorite dramas ever) spent 16 episodes showing us that heredity does not mean that we have to become evil (which I found wonderfully encouraging).  He is Psychometric took only 1 episode to destroy all hope.

And let's not forget Graceful Family where the big bad gets away with it and keeps on being bad while the FL runs away to the US for a few years just because she feels like it.  Grrrr.  I hate it when that happens.  I also despised the unnecessary suicide of one of the major characters and wept bitter tears over that.

Most recently, another FL dumps the ML and runs away internationally:  Find Me in Your Memory.   Okay, so they got back together and had a hot kiss.  Big deal.  She LEFT him when he needed her most, and I can't agree with that. 

Spoiler

Although I did not say this on the FMIYM thread because I didn't want to cause upset for those who enjoyed the ending, this abandonment made hate the FL.  If she really loved him, she would have stayed to see things through no matter how uncomfortable the situation was.  She left; therefore her love was never true.

Obviously I have a serious beef with dramas where there is unnecessary separation for years.  A love that is left behind will never be as good when the missing partner returns--people change over time and not always in a good way.  We all know the old sayings "you can never go home again" and also "you can never step in the same river twice".  Those are wise words.  I will never believe an ending can be good if the lovers have had to be apart for a long time.  I'd rather that they stayed together to fight the battle because that can make love stronger.

I could list more but I won't because maybe my objections are petty.  I'm only just getting back into watching KDramas after I got so sick of far too many endings which made me seriously unhappy and depressed that I completely quit watching for about six months.  I'm still very wary.  

At least I'm already aware that the two dramas I'm following right now are probably doomed to despair.  I'm prepared for it.  Bring it on

Spoiler

When My Love Blooms and Born Again.

It's the dramas where I do expect things to turn out rosy but don't that turn my world upside down.

.....I'm editing because I wanted to add one more thing since I was ranting anyway.  I see Something in the Rain on the list.  Yeah, I hated the ending to that, too.  But the thing that really seriously drove me mad was the use of Tammy Wynette's Stand By Your Man.  I figure it was probably a misunderstanding by whoever chose that song but the lyrics do NOT reflect the action in the drama.  It is not about just being strong for your guy.  That song is really Old School and it's about women without much power in a relationship.  The lyrics are about one woman telling another to give her husband more "love" at home because he has been cheating on her and maybe a little extra honey will make him drop the other women.  I kept expecting the ML to be a cheater every time I heard that song.  :lol:

24 minutes ago, thistle said:

Hwayugi made me so angry that I have sworn forever not to watch another Hong Sisters drama no matter who the leads are, no matter how tempting the storyline is, no matter what.  I will NOT.  

The quality of Hong sisters' works are actually quite inconsistent....  the second half of their works almost always would flop. I learned to wait until each of their drama was nearly complete to decide whether to invest my time on it.

thanks @Lmangla for the poll :D

i saw the question.. havent seen the options and then those few popped right into my mind and voila! they are really there for me to pick :lol:

Hwayugi.. where Samjang died due to an accidental stab.. with almost zero f2f confrontation with the lousily digitalized black dragon.. c’mon i almost flipped my coffee table.. :angry:

Misty.. all the sexy moves and then, what.. JJH (i forgot his in drama name) got into a tunnel accident? huh? KNJ (i forgot her in drama name) was like deja vu knew of her hubby’s death? for this, i threw my remote control and busted my tv screen.. :angry:

surprisingly i wasn’t too disappointed with Vagabond since i thought there would be a s2 :ph34r:

there is also Arthdal Chronicles.. which i dunno when the later seasons are coming out.. i hate chasing seasons when they come out a lapse of more than a year <_<

6 hours ago, corey said:

And people did not like the ending of CLOY??? Really? I thought everyone just loved it, but maybe I got a wrong impression from browsing the thread.

I think when people say they hate the ending of CLOY, they mean they hate what they did to the second ML. Sighh. I didn't even watch the last two eps after coming across a spoiler. Sighhh. I think I'll be traumatized if I watch the ending. Lol. 

@thistle ~ at least your idea of bad ending makes sense. distance and separation often adds nothing to a story but it doesn't bother me as much. I instead keep a track of where these people go. top separation destinations: US followed by France. sometimes, another country will pop up and I am surprised! hahahah... and I always find it is 2 years. why 2? why not one or three or four?

but you know what my idea of bad ending is? when couples that should not be together and are actually toxic if you think about it realistically and logically, still end up together. the entire time I want to protest "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! this is not remotely romantic" while some are swooning, I am actively hoping they break up permanently. that's why you have to hand it to saeguks. romantic relationship where it does not make any sense -- no worries. one or both die. problem solved. :lol:

bidam's crazy love for queen seon deok (2009): I still can't decide whether it is a good or bad ending that he tried to stage a rebellion against his only love just so he could have the right to be with her and then died while muttering her name. yay! and oh, she just fainted in shock, cried a single tear while thinking about him and then passed away thinking about hugging herself in her dream. then her general who always looked constipated ruled on her behalf. okay then.

bidam1.jpg

10 minutes ago, triplem said:

And @Lmangla don't get me started on The Last Empress and VIP ...I made a resolution at the end of 2019 to stay off all Jang Nara dramas as they are bound to break my heart ( but as you know I broke my resolution, I am watching Oh My Baby :lol:) ...

@partyon Omg Innocent Man ... in my mind I think Maru did remember .He had too - I spent so many hours :lol:.. 

@triplem @Lmangla V.I.P. and The Last Empress.... They had so much potential, just to end up with an incoherent plot with no direction, and an ending you  wanted to forget had ever existed :joy:

3VOS.gif

Yes, let's talk about Innocent Man. I still don't fully understand it? I mean, if Kang Maroo lost his long-term memory, why did he propose to Eun Gi? At the end of that day he wouldn't remember her anymore? And if he hadn't lost it, why was he pretending he had?

The ending didn't make ANY SENSE to me at all, and I think I am not alone with that feeling.... :rage:

@triplem @partyon ~ am still traumatized by that ending of last empress. it wasn't that he died. makjang dramas tend to kill off somebody and I started watching kdramas when every lead would get some fatal disease that I have never heard of. what ticked me off was that he didn't get sad music, no montage clips of all his scenes, no one saying "I miss him." it was like he had become a side character that just disappears. UGH.

P25o.gif

I just couldn't care what happened to the other characters after that. and yea, I haven't watched a jang nara drama after that!

8 minutes ago, triplem said:

@Lmangla ahaha...I am drawn to JNR dramas ... @ktcjdrama already knew I would break my resolution...fingers crossed for Oh My Baby

let me know how it ends. I am beginning to get convinced that she chooses dramas based on how bad the ending could be. :sweatingbullets:

@corey ~ secret is such a bonkers story; the female lead is the epitome of stupid woman. but even though it makes no sense, you keep watching just to see how it ends. I didn't watch the last few episodes though. happy ending made no sense. one or both should have died or gone separated.

@corey @Lmangla Secret (Love) was such a makjang story, and yet I couldn't stop watching it.... Ji Sung's character was such a bully and Hwang Eum Jung's was a door mat with no spine. I can't believe she let those two men treat her the way they did. And the happy ending? It didn't make sense either because the relationship was toxic. Still I wouldn't classify it as the worst ending ever. I've seen worse. :joy:

@triplem Go Back Couple was superb! That had a great ending for Jang Nara. :)

In the end I interpreted Innocent Man's ending in the same way as you posted earlier. It was just that it was a lousy ending. After all that those had been through, I think they deserved a happier ending. :(

Archived