• Last empress 2018
    • Vagabond 2019
    • VIP 2019
    • Crash Landing on You 2020
    • Wanna Taste 2020
    • Memories of Alhambra 2018
    • Moonlight drawn by clouds 2016
    • Misty 2018

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/19/2020 at 12:13 AM

Posted (edited)

have you had any of these reactions to a drama ending?

reaction 1: What was that?

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=14250482

reaction 2: gob smacking horrified!

Spoiler

Shocked-Fresh.gif

reaction 3: I think I am going to cry; I can't believe I gave so many hours to watch this!

Spoiler

crying-waterfalls.gif

Here's a list of dramas that people have often complained on the ending. if you have ever had one of these reactions to the drama ending, then vote! now, some of these dramas in this poll, you may feel it was acceptable ending or okayish. we can have different reactions to an ending no?

since people have a short attention span, we are looking at dramas within the last 5 years. the poll can hold a few more names. If you think of a drama name, let me know and I will modify the poll. Do note the poll is tech limited; so once you voted, you can't go back and vote again; so give your suggestion and give me time to modify the poll first before you vote. you can vote for multiple names.

thanks to @partyon for the event idea and suggestions. :wub:

@Sushimi ~ you can cry to your heart's content again about voice 3 ending! @triplem @Lawyerh @ktcjdrama and other empress friends, yes, lets feel bad about how rocky got killed off in a second without any sad music. :sweatingbullets:

Edited by Lmangla
to include new choices
  • Like 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

@Lmangla I will wait a day before voting then. And I think it is Voice 3 that has a bad ending. Not Voice 2. You might want to change that? 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

@Lmangla Some of worst ending that left me bitter. I have short span memory. But I still have grudges for this. Yes I can hold grudges for long time too :lol:

(All C or T drama) - Enjoy reading my pain!

- At Dolphin Bay 2003, classic problem, 2nd lead (whose more handsome & wholesome) didn't get the girl. How could she reject this man, 17 years later I still don't get it :lol: (see he himself not happy..)

wh6-535a2b5464fa5a89a933539fc3a9954d.jpg

- Sparrow 2016, OTP already not going to sail because the girl love other man. But they must kill him too, and in the most fashionable way. Buried him alive to the ground. Ok cool, thanks! :ph34r:

fk5MHFv.jpg

zhang-ruoyun-sparrow.jpg

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

Surprisingly, I can't point out any for K-drama. There's some open ending like Signal, Cheese In the Trap, Vagabond, but it never led me to the same bitterness as above. :joy: So kudos to C and T drama! 

P.s I just share my list that's not in your list @Lmangla, and sorry for bringing 17 yrs ago drama, its just im still bitter about it bwahaha.... ^^

• Like 3
  • LOL 11

KES' Lovers in Paris is the first Kdrama ending that haunted me for quite a while....

Moonlight Drawn by Clouds' ending is my most memorable Kdrama disappointment...

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Vagabond should win this hands down :lol:

On the flip side, all they have to do is announce Season 2 and itll go near the top of my favorites list ... but until then alls I can remember is how close I came to throwing a chair at my TV while watching that ending :lol:

Thanks for the poll @Lmangla

LCO

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

Princess Agents 2017 because the drama ended at the middle of the novel. What an ugly, cliffhanger "ending" too. No season 2 in sight either to finish the story.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 3

25 minutes ago, partyon said:

@Lmangla Thanks for this poll! :kiss_wink:

How about including Memories of Alhambra (2019)?

Yes!! MoA started out very promising but the ending was a disappointment! Sigh. 

Hwayugi's ending was definitely very bad. Moon lover Scarlet heart's ending made me cry a river, but I don't think a sad ending can be labelled as a worst ending. LOL. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3

31 minutes ago, partyon said:

@Lmangla Thanks for this poll! :kiss_wink:

How about including Memories of Alhambra (2019)?

Yes, good call there - Vagabond still wins but MOA would rank a close 2nd

• Like 7
  • Love 2

I have some worst drama endings that are pre 2015.... For example:

• Something Happened in Bali (not gonna spoil the ending, but this drama has got to have THE worst ending in k-drama history)
  • Mirae's Choice (Yoon Eun Hye was supposed to choose between two guys - hence Mirae's CHOICE - the viewers ended up not seeing who she chose)
  • Innocent Man (can someone please explain this ending to me once again? did Maroo have any memories left or not? :D )
  • Que Sera Sera (had a great ending but the day after the last episode aired, the drama director came out and said that the sweet ending had just been a dream in the ML's head and that the ending was actually a sad one - say whaaaaat?!? :crazy:)
  • Like 8
  • LOL 5

Uhg! Memories of the Alhambra isn't on the list. MOA for the WIN, as far as the ending is concern ... due to many complications of the drama the writer must have gone crazy, she ruined it all. What a waste. Or they could come up with S2

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

These are some that are not in the list:

Possessed (2019) has the worse ending as well. But it's not much a well loved drama.

I invested so much time to it and it has all the potential and actually quite interesting and the ending just ruined it all.

I never want a refund of my time so badly.

:joy:

Less than Evil (2018) @Sushimi recommended.

It was great at first and then everything went down the hill.

Make me sceptical about remake sometimes. Lol

Misty : Enough said. Lol

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

Posted (edited)

@partyon @thanie thanks for suggestion; have edited poll to include memories of alhambra. think there were some who liked the drama though I haven't seen it. even playing video games makes my head spin. :sweatingbullets:

@ktcjdrama ~ thanks, have edited the poll; I knew it was one of the voice dramas. didn't realize there was part 3 as well. this is like avengers 1, 2, 3. if they spin it into some ghost drama, then the guy could come back alive. @Sushimi would be highly pleased then! ^_^

@000231846597 ~ thanks for suggestion. have put in moonlight under clouds. just the title was enough to make think me think it will end sadly! hahahah... like @kokodus notes, sad ending is not worst ending but it somehow feels that way when you watch dramas for happy endings.

@mrsj3n ~ thanks for suggestion; have put in misty. it was one of those endings that made people want to throw something right?

Edited by Lmangla
updated poll edits
  • Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

20 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Princess Agents 2017 because the drama ended at the middle of the novel. What an ugly, cliffhanger "ending" too. No season 2 in sight either to finish the story.

Completely agreed!!! I still bitter about the ending untill today....One of the worst ending in dramaland....

@Lmangla

I second @Lawyerh, I found C dramaland got more rubbish ending than K dramaland. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 8

@Lawyerh @cenching @MayanEcho ~ we could do a worst ending for cdramas at the end of this week; just give me your suggestions. I don't watch too many cdramas. the last time I watched one was "well intended love" -- halfway through, the reveal came and I was horrified and telling myself "dump him! dump him! dump him!". ofcourse she didn't, there was a season 2 as well. ugh. so yea, if there was a midway point to madness poll, that would be my pick! ^_^

• Like 3
  • LOL 8

1 hour ago, Lawyerh said:

P.s I just share my list that's not in your list @Lmangla, and sorry for bringing 17 yrs ago drama, its just im still bitter about it bwahaha.... ^^

I sometimes think writers write bad endings so that they can haunt us forever! if it was happy ending, people would forget. but bad ending, they are going curse you forever!.. or they just broke up with someone or the food delivery didn't show up and they wrote on an empty stomach or something like that...  :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

1 hour ago, 000231846597 said:

Moonlight Drawn by Clouds' ending is my most memorable Kdrama disappointment...

Why????

If I remember correctly, it was a happy ending??

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Oooh thanks @Lmangla for this thread! Firstly, it will give me a very good idea what not to watch! What a relief that I watched only about 15 minutes of the Memories of the Alhambra and got bored! I avoided the bad ending too? Wow :D What a near miss! The same goes for VIP, Uncontrollably Fond, Cheese in the Trap and Hwayugi.

I am slightly baffled by the Moonlight Drawn by Clouds  - how would anyone imagine that it should end? It was such an impossible story to conclude nicely.

And people did not like the ending of CLOY??? Really? I thought everyone just loved it, but maybe I got a wrong impression from browsing the thread.

I know that my choice would be very unpopular here, but I actually hated the ending of the recent shows Find me in you Memory, I'll go to you when the weather is nice, Chocolate and yes, Beautiful Love Wonderful Life. The supposedly "happy" ending almost made me give up on watching K-Dramas as they air.

Please feel free to throw ripe tomatoes in my direction :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, cenching said:

Why????

If I remember correctly, it was a happy ending??

The "happy" ending did not resolve the biggest issue from the very beginning...the gap between the leads were too wide; they could only secretly meet each other briefly for once a while. It was too far-fetched that 1) the prince could remain unmarried and become the king; 2) FL's dad not killed or prosecuted. I would prefer the ML fake his own death [according to history the prince died pretty young] to be together with the FL. The death of the 2nd ML felt unnecessary too.... it was never shown that his grandfather had any deep affection for him so it felt very illogical the grandfather would give up his lust for power after the 2ML's death.

Edited by 000231846597
  • Like 5
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1