[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] No Boundary 玉昭令

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, NitaA said:

After watching episode 32,....... so now what? Did they even filmed  a complete episode - all 52 of them, or is this  something that not even on the work?

I know right, my sentiments exactly. How can they air a Season 1 without letting us know when or if Season 2 is forthcoming. Logically though, if they air Season 1, I guess they must be pretty darn confident that Season 2 should not face any obstacles or would have been filmed in one go but just aired at two different times (but if so, why couldn't they just air it in one go? issues with too many episodes?). I read some reviews on Douban though, a Chinese site...and viewers there are pretty critical, don't seem to think too highly of this drama. So I hope this doesn't affect Season 2. :cutekitty:

• Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, 杨过是大哥哥 said:

ending song music video with season 2 scenes

Ok, don't know what to make of it, there's a wedding scene, a few dying scenes (one of which we know why from the ending in E08) and our FL with strands of white hair as well as complete white hair. hhmm...as it's only 20 episodes, I reckon by the week of 24 May, all 20 episodes should be out, so thankfully not a long wait. But watching the drama move between 1000-years ago and 1000-years later is sometimes giving me a bit of a headache.

Ahhhhh I just watched till E12, didn't know that two more episodes were released today, which means two more will be released tomorrow! Woohoo. But the ending of E12 was urgh, hanging but can kinda guess what's going to happen next. I still think Yang Jian has such a stage presence. And I simply adore Darren Chen's eyes as he looks at our FL.

@NitaA @omiki @miaka fy come watch Season 2

• Blob 1

@杨过是大哥哥 I agree, I am purely watching it from the ML and his sweet smile. I am wondering why they had to have a season 2, and could not just have just tightened the script and ended it on its own. I have no clue why the bad guy had to appear again, and wreak havoc in Peng Lai. Something is happening with the FL's brother (and he did meet up with ZY and DMC, they certainly won't take it lying down but I guess that will only be revealed later?) We have only 4 more episodes left to go. And will they divulge who is the real Heaven's Envoy, supposedly secretive and identity not revealed?  I am itching at this juncture to stab the bad guy, lol, how much more mischief can he wreak? 

• Blob 1

I gritted my teeth and watched all the episodes till E20 for season 2, which was aired today, THE END. 

Spoiler

Why did I have to grit my teeth? It seemed like there was no end to the misery and depravation affected on the three races, including the continuous defeat of the ML and FL. The core message seemed to be: Unity, together we can overcome evil and If you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” Still, the setbacks that they faced right till the end made me feel like throwing something at the computer screen. :cries:

The last few minutes I suppose tried to make up for that feeling of utter despair, yet the triumph felt short-lived.

Of course, the two children that they bore were so adorable and the threats that the brother had to make to the God of Marriage and the God of Live to bless Duanmu Cui with a perfect mortal life were really funny. More so, the way the brother as usual twisted the arms of the old geezers in Penglai was light-hearted. And the ending with the brother staying behind to play with his niece and nephew was totally heart-warming. Still, it felt like the joy was drowned out by the hours of having to watch the antagonist wreak havoc. 

My conclusion, if not for the ML, I would give this show a pass entirely.

• Blob 1

i fast forwarded through more than half of season 2 episodes

rate the entire show 4/10

there is too much negativity tone to the show , especially after the dragon become demonized and the parallel history plot

massive unbalance as the human in town (not the historical army) are depicted as always useless if no immortal magic solve their problem

this show is within the top 3 worst shows I've seen in recent years , the other 2 are 无心法师 season3 and 长相守

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

EVENT: 50 Things You Learn From A Korean Drama

Have you ever tried to explain to your friends and family why you watch k-dramas? What is it that makes them so unique?

Chingus, now is your chance to help us compile a list of what you have learned from watching Korean dramas. :partyblob:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] No Boundary 玉昭令
  • 7 months later...

Ohh, I've decided to go back and watch this drama that I missed last year since I have a bit of free time.

What should I say...where was the censorship when they were needed?! They should have been more strict and absolutely insist on cutting the drama like for 10 eps minimum. 

The first "falling in love/going through first hardships" arc was absolutely beautiful. The Abyss arc should have been faster, too many small characters and talking. And the last part with godfather's sudden comeback was absolutely unnecessary (and draggy). The production should have spent more time on proper endings for the supporting cast. Absolutely stupid ending for Wen Gu, I felt like grown woman Peach Demon was harrasing a mentally disabled teenager; they made him really dumb erasing all his memory. 

Another stupid ending for Zhan Yan's brother. They constantly guided him towards the white demon girl, and just abruptly ended this story in 10 seconds, suddenly informing us that she died. And the brother was like: ok, whatever, she is free now. What?!!! What should have been a potentially beautiful love story totally in line of that "everyone is equal" idea they pushed through the whole drama... they for some reason decided to just mess up with...

Overall, making godfather a bad guy...IMO very questionable decision in general. He was the pillar for everyone during the first arc, the best of the best, and all that sudden change into dark person...not very convincing.

Also, in general, there were too many comebacks/revivals. Someone was constantly at his deathbed. The spilling blood scenes were annoying:crazy:, poor actors, I really feel sorry for them, with that abnormal amount of liquid and that particular style in which they were made to do those scenes in this drama...emmm, not very beautiful really. 

What I really liked was Darren Chen's acting. He is really unique, this eyes are smiling even if he is not:D. Would definitely try to watch his other dramas. The FL was not so impressive in some moments, her best acting was as a carefree unrestrained Duanmu from the first part of the drama. As a female general - not so impressive. Han Dong did good, but I felt like he was constantly shutting himself down as an actor, being not 100% invested into the character. However great he finally got another "good guy" role for a change.

If I need to rate it I would give it a 7 from 10. Worth watching if you like the genre.