[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Twin Flower Legend 长相守

sugarplum892

48 minutes ago, Sun Tzu said:

I did not read the whole novel, but from what I can see with the available clips this drama will have a sad ending.

Figures, this drama really similar to the early 2000’s Cdrama the costume and the theme too. I’m still hoping that there’s a bit modern touch to it. Because recent Cdrama been happy or somewhat happy ending lol.

I agree the show is pretty bad ,

there isn't any clear goal for the lead twin sisters , 1 want to survive (no ambition) and 1 want to get powerful in status (ambitious).

While the YuanHouYe "marquis" want to fulfill some kind of "kingmaker" prophecy while pretending to be loyal to the king.

I've heard that it has a sad ending, but I won't spoil it for those who are watching it. I will comment that I don't like the purple-eyed, red-dot sister. In one of the episodes, some who-do guy tells her to get with the elder Yuan guy. Says he knows they (her & the ML) like each other. Did I look over something? I thought he liked the sister nobody-seems-to-like. Looks like my thinking has become just as messed up as the storyline.

Hey guys, I agree that the direction is bad.

I also agree that they are touturing us by continiously harassing the purple eyes twin girl.

Also it's very weirdthat 4 or more guys fall for the same woman.

But the story is undoubtedly complex, different. 

At least it doesn't have a damsel in distress female lead who needs to be rescued by prince charming. And a wicked female villain.

I kind of like the layers to the story.

16 hours ago, Takingthehighroad said:

I've heard that it has a sad ending, but I won't spoil it for those who are watching it. I will comment that I don't like the purple-eyed, red-dot sister. In one of the episodes, some who-do guy tells her to get with the elder Yuan guy. Says he knows they (her & the ML) like each other. Did I look over something? I thought he liked the sister nobody-seems-to-like. Looks like my thinking has become just as messed up as the storyline.

Could who tell me the whole story , plz? I really wanna know. Don't post here though.

I don't think I can keep watching this. There seems to be a lot of gratuitous horrible things that happen to female roles, a lot of stupid decisions made, a lot of mixed characters and plots thrown in. The whole thing with YFY and second brother ... and then JX's marriage... and then.. 4th son vs BiYing... yeah no.

7 hours ago, crispachu said:

I don't think I can keep watching this. There seems to be a lot of gratuitous horrible things that happen to female roles, a lot of stupid decisions made, a lot of mixed characters and plots thrown in. The whole thing with YFY and second brother ... and then JX's marriage... and then.. 4th son vs BiYing... yeah no.

The first thing that put me off was the rape scene in the early episodes; consequently, as the guy kept harassing (too nice a word for it) her I got more & more irritated. The ML always has a pitiful look, the FL hasn't done much to impress me, and the sister, though mistreated at first, has moved up in rank after giving in to the boss. Then another awful scene was depicted in later episodes... 

Spoiler

Plus, if it goes by the book, the brothers & sisters all die. 

I watch it intermittently if I can't find anything else to catch my attention.

For me.. this drama make me annoying with Jinxiu, she is a martial art and more open why can't she do something abt how bad she got bully from that man..

I only watching it bcoz i like third prince interaction with Hua Mujin.. and prince Duan... another scenes skip..

On 5/21/2020 at 11:48 AM, tarjig said:

Okay, this is not the best made drama, I will give everyone that comment.  The rape scene did not affect me as much as it has bothered a lot of you (don't rake me over the coals because of my opinion).  What is bothering me is the casting...why cast Kenny Kwan as the the androgynous Duan Yuerong, that should have been Yu Xiao Tong (Feibin).  YXT looks more feminine than Kenny Kwan.  Feibin's eyes, body language and the like are just so feminine.  The casts' acting is not bad but the directing is.  The story is too convoluted.  Hopefully the story will get better.

It is a drama worth watching during the boredom of this pandemic.  You just have to jump over the hurtles.  

Wishing everyone health and safety!

I agree with you on this drama.  Feibin would have been the better choice for the Duan Yuerong character.   I must admit I smiled everytime I saw Kenny Kwan in that character, and there was no way I would have believed he was a female because even dressed up as a woman, and acting feminine, his masculinity still showed through.  He did a great job. 

I don't understand ... if someone could please explain... 

Spoiler

Why can't Sima Ju and Purple Eye Girl be together? I mean did she hate him even after finding out who he is? I understand she became his father's concubine but... what about their love story? Is it really over? 

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Twin Flower Legend 长相守

Archived