Continue the story

Lmangla

Hello chingus, how is May treating you so far? So we have a fun activity for you. It is 'continue the story' game. How does it work? We all have seen so many dramas that many of us often have lots of ideas on how the next episode will turn out. Some chingus write out whole scenarios on where they expect the writer to go. Some turn these around into whole fan fiction stories.

We are going to do a continue the story game where each person adds on to what was written earlier by writing a synopsis for the next episode. The synopsis can be maximum 5-10 lines and can be short as one or two lines. Shall we attempt a 50 episode (half hour) series? Note that depending on 'ratings' (how many people join us), we can turn this into a daily drama! (120 eps) It can be any genre or mood you like because you are the one writing the episode.

Check out our earlier version of the game here if you are unclear: https://forums.soompi.com/topic/430453-follow-that-train/

To keep the continuity, include the last 3 episodes in a spoiler and tag the person who wrote them. Have written the first two episodes to start you off...

Name of drama: One summer night

Main character chart:

main lead (male): Seok Hwan (brother #1 - eldest, 30 years)

lead 2: Seok Joon (half brother/ younger brother #2, 25 years)

lead 3: Tae In (the loyal friend to seok joon, 26 years)

main lead (female): Ha Jin (27 years old)

lead 2: Eun Joo (Ha Jin's cousin, 25 years old)

lead 3: Se Yeon (neighbourhood/school friend of Ha Jin)

Side character chart:

Chairman Han / Lady Han - parents of Seok Hwan and Seok Joon

Assistant Choi / Lady Choi - parents of eun joo (secretary choi works in han's company and is a low level secretary to Lady Han who is VP)

Secretary Ha: the main secretary boss.

Dr Yoon / Lady Yoon - parents of Tae In. Lady Yoon and Lady Han are childhood friends and remain gossipy frenemies.

Halmoni - Se Yeon's grandmother who raised her and has a restaurant. Her wayward daughter handed her a baby and later disappeared to pursue a better life. Is there a birth secret around Se Yeon?

General synopsis: A fire 25 years ago! Seok Hwan and Ha Jin are linked by a fire that happened in their childhood. Years later, they both receive a letter which indicates there is a mystery behind the fire. What does it mean and what happens when their very different worlds collide because of this letter?

Ep 1: When he was five, Seok Hwan almost lost his life. A fire consumed the summer house where he was staying with his mother. Along with his mother, a live in house keeper and driver died. His father married lady Han shortly after and Seok Joon was born a few months later. There was rumours that Chairman Han or Lady Han set the fire in order to get married as Seok Hwan's mother was refusing to give a divorce.  However, police found no foul play and it was ruled as an electric malfunction leading to fire. Seok Hwan has no memories of how he survived. Years later, Seok Hwan now is heir in training and has a strained relationship with the rest of his family.

Ep 2: Another survivor of the fire is Ha Jin which happened when she was three. A reminder of the fire that destroyed her parents who worked as a live in helper and driver at a summer house property, she has a scar on her neck and left hand that she covers up. After the fire, she ended up living with Assistant Choi who was her mom's cousin brother. Even though Lady choi was against it, Assistant Choi felt sorry as there were no other relatives and took Ha Jin in rather than send her to an orphanage. Assistant Choi has a soft corner for Ha Jin as he and his cousin sister were close and she encouraged him to change his life from a juvenile offender. She was also the one who helped him get a job at Han's company. Though he hates working under Secretary Ha and Lady Han, it is a job and it pays the bills. Eun Joo and Ha Jin have a love hate relationship where they are fiercely competitive as well as oddly protective/loving of each other. At the end of the episode, both Seok Hwan and Ha Jin receive a letter that leaves them in shock!

Notes: okay, this is a series that I would watch! hahahah :lol:... I obviously watch too many weekend/daily dramas but the first two episode synopsis wrote itself. There are many angles and tropes you can put in. Feel free to add in any genre angle you like such as serial killers, switched babies, ghosts, contract relationship, parallel universe and aliens! hahahaha..

thanks @kokodus for the idea; tag your friends to join you! happy writing!

tagging some friends from other threads: @Ameera Ali @Lawyerh @Sushimi @nrllee @triplem @partyon @Sejabin @ktcjdrama @angelangie @000231846597 @cenching @Dhakra @brooksmom @celebrianna @dramaninja @Bejaffled @tas82 @tulip06 @kiefshi1056 @marrez1 @mizkorea @yamiyugi @gutibear @LeftCoastOppa @Takingthehighroad @dulceres @UnniSarah @PeVe @yukiyukiku @shana0127 @chococarmela @maribella @Saja La @youngae @lynne22 @sadthe1st @kaykafisyah @lolly84 @corey @choco milo @hahanzyy @thistle @Ldy Gmerm @rolisrntex @sgfan @joccu @sasha1818 ...........................

@Lmangla Thanks! What a fun idea. :D There are so many characters, though, that a character chart would be handy! :D

Also, can we have profile pictures of them? I wanna know which actors and actresses are playing the characters. ;)

24 minutes ago, partyon said:

@Lmangla Thanks! What a fun idea. :D There are so many characters, though, that a character chart would be handy! :D

Also, can we have profile pictures of them? I wanna know which actors and actresses are playing the characters. ;)

kekeke... I just thought it would be easy to have multiple pairings and multiple angles the story could go off on. so thought I would put in the daily/weekend style with multiple characters. I got a bit carried away that I ended up writing 2 episodes. hahahah.. I do watch too many dramas! but am curious to know how this one will turn out as I just vaguely started off with the idea of summer event because I am sweating like crazy and heat from the peak summer right now! ^_^

I feel like I wrote them too young as all the actors I can think of are older and found in daily dramas! hahahaha... does anyone want to try their hand at putting together a chart and plugging in profile pics in random?

Ok, I will give it a go... :D

Episode 3

Cue in on Seok Hwan (in his fancy mansion) and Ha Jin (in her cheap rooftop apartment) reading the letters with no sender.
The letters say:
"You are in danger. Someone knows the truth! You need to find the ring first."
Seok Hwan (who btw just came out of the shower showcasing his REALLY great abs) puts on his clothes and jumps into his black Mercedes-AMG GT C Coupe car and almost hits Ha Jin who has come out on the street from her apartment.

Spoiler

Picture of car:

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

They both stare at each other for a few seconds, before Ha Jin runs to the bus and Seok Hwan drives to his company.
Ha Jin (who works as a programmer in a software start-up company) and Seok Hwan (who works as marketing manager in his father's company) can't stop thinking about the letters they received. What does it mean? What ring? Who sent the letter?
In this episode we are also introduced to Seok Joon who spends his days partying and gambling, and who couldn't care less of having to work in his parents' company.
We are also introduced to Eun Joo who starts her job as a marketing assistant trainee in the marketing department. Her father helped her get a job there, and she feels very nervous when she meets her new boss, Seok Hwan.

5 minutes ago, partyon said:

Seok Hwan (who btw just came out of the shower showcasing his REALLY great abs)

kekekek..... the sign of a great compelling drama. @triplem @Ameera Ali @Lawyerh would watch based on strength of this abs scene because obviously, you cannot receive strange anonymous letters when you are fully clothed....

6 minutes ago, partyon said:

Seok Joon who spends his days partying and gambling, and who couldn't care less of having to work in his parents' company.

the irresponsible younger brother. gotta love them. where would we be without them! they are there to make boring leads look like a prince!

7 minutes ago, partyon said:

Eun Joo who starts her job as a marketing assistant trainee in the marketing department. Her father helped her get a job there, and she feels very nervous when she meets her new boss, Seok Hwan.

oooh love triangle alert?! clingy second lead?! or will she settle for second best with seok joon?

3 minutes ago, triplem said:

Wow @partyon you’re a writer after my own heart - abs , fancy car . 
@Lmangla so many characters, I’m still trying to process who is who !   

kekekek... try your hand at an episode. honestly, these same characters pretty much exist in every daily/weekend drama! hahahah... so if there can't be multiple kids in one family, then obviously you need a musketeer gang with some random childhood friend. then add in a half brother or step brother. if there is a relative that raised you, then there has to be some cousin who is a frenemy. and if there are rich people, then obviously, they have some under minions who may be good or bad! see, sane character chart. all makes sense. ^_^

11 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Whats with the ring @partyon ? After find the ring, must be oppa please date me & marry me ? 

you thought oppa. I thought of lord of the rings -- "my precious" ... but this isn't some fantasy drama, is it? so most likely oppa find the ring and marry?

the-lord-of-the-rings759.jpg

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Her father helped her get a job there, and she feels very nervous when she meets her new boss, Seok Hwan.

Not only nervous, she gets so flustered after finally meeting Seok Hwan.:D Then she would chant “ Aja Aja” “ Fighting!!

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f296a5a89b5c6318329a3
then enter the office saying 안녕하십니까 (Annyeong Hasibnikka). 

1 minute ago, UnniSarah said:

Not only nervous, she gets so flustered after finally meeting Seok Hwan.:wub: 

what's with the heart? eun joo is second lead. :P Ha Jin is main lead and she is supposed to end up with Seok Hwan. The other two can mix and match or end up alone or meet someone in the last episode. ^_^

5 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

what's with the heart? eun joo is second lead. :P Ha Jin is main lead and she is supposed to end up with Seok Hwan. The other two can mix and match or end up alone or meet someone in the last episode. ^_^

Heart doesn’t mean they will end up together or even date . I only meant he was cute . 

Just now, UnniSarah said:

Hear doesn’t mean they will end up together. I only meant he was cute . 

kekeke... don't worry, was just teasing you. ofcourse, he is cute. he is the main lead! plus he has great abs thanks to @partyon and @Lawyerh. so how should the two leads meet? accident? coffee shop run in? letter writing?

9 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke... don't worry, was just teasing you. ofcourse, he is cute. he is the main lead! plus he has great abs thanks to @partyon and @Lawyerh. so how should the two leads meet? accident? coffee shop run in? letter writing?

I think the mystery writer should be the one who bring them together. We have to connect that storyline and find a way to use Ha Jin’s skills so they can collaborate and find the answers to their parents death @Lmangla

how are you by the way? 

1 minute ago, UnniSarah said:

I think the mystery writer should be the one who bring them together. We have to connect that storyline and find a way to use Ha Jin’s skills so they BBC an collaborate and find the answers to their parents death @Lmangla

how are you by the way? 

good point; am looking forward to see how people will connect them together.

am good except my brain and body is getting fried from the summer heat! ^_^

11 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

good point; am looking forward to see how people will connect them together.

am good except my brain and body is getting fried from the summer heat! ^_^

In NYC it is still cold. It is 39 Degrees outside. :D:D The heat is not my friend at all. 

37 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

I think your screenwriter might already runaway in her fancy car. @partyon we need some clarification :lol: Maybe ring description, is this from Tiffany? :ph34r: Or special ring to open secret vault? This might become mistery genre soon @Lmangla.

Wait, why are you asking me this? :joy: I just wrote one episode. I thought about using a watch first, but a ring sounded more mysterious...This is a Korean drama. The mystery of the ring might not be revealed until ep 12, or if this is a daily drama it will be in ep 54. :joy:

I guess I will have to write episode 4 .... Hold on a sec. :sweat_smile:

@Lawyerh I appreciate the pic of the abs ! :kiss_wink:

Episode 4

Our FL Ha Jin is about to leave work after a productive day in the office. She is one of the top programmers in the company, and with her skills she could easily be a talented hacker. She gets a phone call from her best friend Se Yeon, who asks her to go for chicken and beer in a neighborhood restaurant.

Ha Jin feels tempted to tell Se Yeon all about the letter and the ring, but decides to keep it a secret. Coming back home a bit drunk later that night, she sees a dark figure in a black hoodie waiting for her on the rooftop.
Who is it? For a second she feels scared.

Spoiler

dark-figure-in-the-mist-at-night-video-i

Meanwhile Seok Hwan has spent the day getting to know his new marketing assistant, Eun Joo (2nd FL). Eun Joo is a cute hardworking young lady and she has been totally mesmerized by her very handsome and rich boss.
While in his sports Mercedes car, Seok Hwan calls his younger brother who is drunk as usual and gets into a fight with him.
Coming home he can't stop thinking about the letter. He decides to go to the library in his family mansion, and starts digging around there. He takes out different books from the bookshelves and a letter falls out from one of the books. When he is about to open the letter, he suddenly feels a presence in the room and when he turns around he sees his angry stepmother standing behind him. She screams:
"What do you think you are doing?"

Spoiler

9dddda59c3df6e6632ca358b7032efc0029e19c2

Please, please, please... Someone else continue with ep 5. :D

I have a feeling this will be a 120 episode drama.... :D

38 minutes ago, partyon said:

Please, please, please... Someone else continue with ep 5. :D

I have a feeling this will be a 120 episode drama....

oooh, this sounds like so much fun. jump in chingus. this drama is getting good!

38 minutes ago, partyon said:

she sees a dark figure in a black hoodie waiting for her on the rooftop.

of course, it is dramaland rule that all mysterious people must dress in black hoodies. I suppose yellow hoodies would be too cheerful and not scary?

39 minutes ago, partyon said:

he sees his angry stepmother standing behind him. She screams:
"What do you think you are doing?"

what a picture! LOL... I like!

Archived