7xka78tn3s84s44888os4ggosq9uj0m.jpg

Source: https://www.popdaily.com.tw/korea/665347

Edited by 000231846597
spacing
  • Insightful 1

8 minutes ago, 000231846597 said:

8. My Heart Twinkle-Twinkle, SBS [2015, Weekend family slot] 2%

Leads: Bae Soo-bin, Jang Shin-young

for a weekend family slot, that is unimaginable ratings. even with a drama that is awful terrible, they still usually get at least 5% and more. KBS dramas even when bad still get in double digits for weekend slots. people just have them on as noise is my suspicion. :sweatingbullets: so 2% for a weekend slot means the drama was really bad or aggravating...

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

for a weekend family slot, that is unimaginable ratings. even with a drama that is awful terrible, they still usually get at least 5% and more. KBS dramas even when bad still get in double digits for weekend slots. people just have them on as noise is my suspicion. :sweatingbullets: so 2% for a weekend slot means the drama was really bad or aggravating...

SBS and MBC's nightime family drama slots at weekend are not doing so well these few years and got cancelled recently. MBC may revive the timeslot, but for SBS, it seems they are focusing more on the weekend/ Fri-Sat mini-dramas now. [Not a bad thing for SBS actually]

My Heart Twinkle-Twinkle suffered from a lot issues from the very start. The production team cast Kim Jung-eun & Kim Soo-ro at first but they parted ways with the team on very bad terms just before filming. Half-way through the drama one of the main cast was involved in a scandal and forced to withdraw from the show. The show had to cut short from 50 episodes to 26 to end the suffering.

• Like 1

I have to admit I watched 2 of these 10.

• Children of the 20th Century, MBC [2015] - it is not that bad; the few episodes at the beginning was decently paced, and the friendship between the leads and her friends were likeable; but the story is kinda a mediocre copy of Reply series [the writer was an assistant writer for the series] with less tension and mysteries. It slowly became a bit boring and predictable half-way through and I dropped it.
  • Risky Romance, MBC [2018] - this drama was weird in every way possible.... even the actors and actresses with chops failed epically in showing their acting skills here....I suspect it was because of the bad direction there.  The story was illogical to no end.... I managed to watch it full, maybe coz I was bemused but entertained by the ridiculous, yet unexpected plot?
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...