Details:

Chinese title: 风起霓裳
English title: Weaving A Tale of Love

Genre: Historical, Romance

Episodes: 40

Director: Chen Jialin

Broadcast Period: 1/27/2021 - 2/22/2021

Cast:

Guli Nazha as Kudi Liu Li / Xiao Dou Zi (voiced by Wang Man Shi)
Ai Ke Da as Liu Li (young) (voiced by Liu Xiao Yu)
Xu Wei Zhou as Pei Xingjian (voiced by Wen Sen)
Bian Cheng as Pei Xingjian (young) (voiced by Liu Li Qiao)
Zhao Shun Ran as Li Zhi (voiced by Jiang Guang Tao)
Shi Shi as Wu Meiniang (voiced by Lu Xi)
Su Wei Wu as Wu Meiniang (young)
Tan Kai as Li Shimin (voiced by Zhao Ming Zhou)
Madina as Madame An (voiced by Duan Yi Xuan)
Chen Jin Ru as Deng Qiniang (voiced by Miao Xu Ke)
Yu Hong Chuan as Sun Decheng (voiced by Zhao Zhen)
Zhang Wan Yi as Prince Cao (voiced by Yuan Ming Zhe)
Feng Ming Jing as Wang Quansheng (voiced by Jiang Zi Han)
Li Xin Yi as Zhuo Jinniang (voiced by Liu Xiao Qian)
Ma Jing Jing as Pu Banu (voiced by Zheng Jian)
Niu Zhi Qiang as Gao Quan (voicded by Yu Hao Wei)
Yu Bin as Xiao Shun Zi (voiced by Li Bai Xin)
Li Hao Yang as Xiao Shun Zi (young) (voiced by Ban Ma)

Synopsis:

In the reign (627—649) of Emperor Taizong, which was called the Prosperity of Zhenguan, the female officer of the highest ranking in the Tailoring Department bears a daughter named Liu Li. However, it was prophesied that she can never touch needles and thread. When she was five, Liu Li wakes up to find her memory wiped and her mother in trouble, and she was taken in by her mother's good friend Zhuo Jinniang. She started receiving training in the palace on how to be a royal consort. When she was sixteen, Sun Decheng, the eunuch who doted on her the most passed away and instructed her to escape the palace; and her uncle also told her that her mother wished for her to live like an ordinary person. Pei Xingjian's appearance also adds on to her desire for life outside the palace. However, Liu Li's talent for making clothes starts to attract attention in the palace, inciting jealously from the people around her. Pei Xingjian has to save Liu Li from multiple dangers in the palace. He eventually discovers that the culprit behind these incidents is Zhuo Jinniang, who is also the person that harmed Liu Li's mother, and that she taken in Liu Liu in fear that the former will surpass her. After knowing of the truth, Liu Li decides to take revenge. Finally achieving peace in the heart, Liu Li decides to escape the palace and spend the rest of her life with her loved one in the western regions. 
(Source: mydramalist)

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Weaving A Tale of Love 风起霓裳 English Subbed Episodes

Weaving A Tale of Love 风起霓裳 Raw Episodes

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators @Jillia

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Weaving A Tale of Love 风起霓裳

Just watched 2 episodes - little Liu Li is so cute! Her acting is good - totally believable whether laughing or crying. Looking forward to seeing her grow up as an actress in China.

Concubine Wu (Wu Cairen) will be the future Wu Ze Tian, the famous female Emperor during the Tang Dynasty. It will be interesting to see her manoeuvre the dangerous minefield of the inner imperial palace. I’m guessing that Liu Li will help her, and vice versa.

I also started watching this drama too and am on episode 6! So far, not bad. I actually look forward to see how this story will unfold. If the writer and director does a great job with storytelling, this drama could become pretty fabulous. The main theme song, Moon Legend sung by Zhou Shen, is also super nice (haha and really almost any ost sung by him is great).

Some of the viewers/commentary on viki have been angry at the female lead for being a bit frustrating. I do agree with this criticism to some degree, but I'm hoping that that's the writers intention at the moment. Hopefully Liuli will go through something big and thus will make her character become smarter as she seeks justice for her mother/loved ones.

At ep 5 FL alreading improve..not naive like before and become smart..I do like this drama,hope even better for next episode..

If anyone can tell,is this drama will have happy ending for couple,of FL will be someone else,like someother drama FL will become empress and never be with the ML...

6 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@omiki @ayang23 Hi 

Just finished episode  4 , I have a major question. Did Liu Li’s father finally grew a conscious or is he still being a coward.  
i can’t help but think he did do it to protect her. I hope I am right. So scared to continue watching. I need a little courage to continue watching 

Spoiler

Once a coward, always a coward, sadly. He reveals her identity to the step mom and sister later due to a marriage proposal incident. However, they don't reveal Luili's identity because that would mean they would get in trouble from the officials/Emperor.

5 hours ago, Yinye said:

Do you know if there are English subs?

Yes, Eng subs are available on viki. I think the official uploader of this drama on YouTube will eventually sub this drama too, but the last I saw, there were no subs.

@UnniSarah there seems to be different versions of episodes floating around so I’m not sure where your Episode 4 ended. But I suppose you saw until the part she went back to her house and bumped into her Father outside the house. He 

Spoiler

... Said that it would get him into trouble if it was found out that she didn’t actually die, so asked her to leave. His wife and other daughter happened upon them and asked who Liu Li was. He said she was just a passerby asking for directions. Later there was some misunderstanding whereby 2 rich families came at the same time to deliver marriage Bethroyal gifts for ‘the daughter of the house’. Again, the Father was a coward and blamed Liu Li for bringing trouble for the family. Anyway, to answer your question, no, so far, he is still influenced by his second wife and favours her daughter instead of Liu Li. But luckily, Liu Li still has her uncle, her mother’s brother, so she went to work in his dress making shop, and stay in the previous An family house.

Liu Li has shed her stupidity in the later episodes, so it’s quite enjoyable to watch now. Hang in there!

I was so impressed with the dancing scene. The actress can really dance!! The head bobbing move is certainly not as easy as it seems. Now the male lead has fallen in love with her for sure.  :heartxoxo:

I like how the script writer included the explanation on how Liu Li and her mother and uncle look foreign. And it ties in with the Tang Dynasty period being an open society in terms of trade and culture. The market place had people from different races which is typical of the capital city of Chang An on the silk route.

Up to Episode 14.  She is very pretty as Lui Li and I like the ML.

I have my usual gripe about how much eye make up and lipstick they still plonk on her when she is dressed up as a man.  (I think I had the same complaint with "In a Class of Her Own".  She is quite crafty and clever at times but then she is so dumb and acts so rashly I feel like smacking her (the number of times she put herself  in danger of exposing her past!) 

The evil step mum and half sister are formulaic annoying villains.  I am waiting patiently for the romance I hope it's good!

So, why no feedback anymore?? Dropped it already who were watching???  I started watching and stopped at Ep.4 as the subs took a long time.  It's ratings also dropped on various sites.  Why?  Is it not good anymore as the episodes progressed?  Any feedback/review on the aired 

episodes so far????

8 hours ago, Gina Madren said:

Dramacool has 1-15 subbed .Episodes 16-22 aren’t subbed yet! The subbing is taking forever!! :Furious:

Viki has up to ep 18 subbed.

48 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

So, why no feedback anymore?? Dropped it already who were watching???  I started watching and stopped at Ep.4 as the subs took a long time.  It's ratings also dropped on various sites.  Why?  Is it not good anymore as the episodes progressed?  Any feedback/review on the aired 

episodes so far????

I'm on episode 14 but am on a break. I do think the plot has slowed down a bit and I'm not sure if I like the story/plot as much anymore. I'll probably pick this drama back up when more episodes are out and subbed though.

Oh and another thought that was on my mind when I watched the episodes. Does anyone know why the lead seamstress/villain who killed Liuli's mom has so much power? I get that she's the lead seamstress, but she is just a seamstress, not a concubine or someone higher in the palace.  Sometimes it just seems like she has many people working for her. Her power/authority would make more sense if that was normal during that time period, is that the case (the lead seamstress having authority/power in the palace)?

48 minutes ago, ayang23 said:

Oh and another thought that was on my mind when I watched the episodes. Does anyone know why the lead seamstress/villain who killed Liuli's mom has so much power? I get that she's the lead seamstress, but she is just a seamstress, not a concubine or someone higher in the palace.  Sometimes it just seems like she has many people working for her. Her power/authority would make more sense if that was normal during that time period, is that the case (the lead seamstress having authority/power in the palace)?

I also thought that.  How come she has so much power that she has so many of them working for her.  She is very cunning, greedy and smart in a bad way.  I dont like her at all.  She knows palace politics well and want to achieve everything in short-cut method.  I dont know how she had the heart to kill little girl and her master.  very villainous!!!!! But master is too smart to understand this lady and set-up everything from preventing her family's demise and liu li's future.  I dont like both the husband-he is a coward and his concubine.  She has a very bad attitude and lot of jealousy.    i have yet to see the step daughter how she behaves, may be she wil bel like her mom.  :rage:

The scriptwriters clearly exaggerated her importance and power in the Palace. There’s no way Head of Sewing Department can run an investigation and give orders to the guards. I laughed out loud when I saw her riding a horse ... it’s not possible for a normal woman in Tang Dynasty to know how to ride a horse. Qing Dynasty maybe possible because the Manchurians were good horse riders and brought up as such from young. Anyway, just close one eye and enjoy the story of Liu Li and Pei Xing Jian. The pace picks up in Episode 15 and 16 with the Crown Prince getting involved. Looks like the Crown Prince may later fall for Liu Li when he discovers that she is a woman. 

Archived