Writer: Lee Soo-Hyun

Release Date: October 26th - December 22nd, 2020

Runtime:Monday and Tuesday

Production Company:

OST: part 1 It's (이츠) – Like A Star

part 2 Juho (주호)- Live a Day Like You

Official site:

Plot

'Kairos' is a fantasy thriller drama about a man named Kim Seo-jin who is shocked by her young daughter being kidnapped and a woman who lives in the past struggling to save a loved one. It is expected that the two people living in the present and the past will try to reverse the tragedies that have already occurred and experience the process of experiencing new truths and events each time.

Cast

Shin Sung Rok as Kim Seo Jin

Lee Se Young as Han Ae-Ri

Ahn Bo Hyun as Seo Do-Kyun

Nam Gyu-Ri as Kang Hyun-Chae

Kang Seung Yoon as Im Geon Wook

Jo Dong In as Lee Taek-Kyu

Shin Goo as Yoo Seo Il

Hwang Jung Min as Kwak Song Ja

Im Cheol Hyung as Park Ho Young

Yu Yeon Seok as prison guard

So Hee Jung as Hye Kyung

Lee Joo Myung as

Kwon Hyuk as 

Yu Yeon Seok as 

Go Kyu Pil as

Characters chart

Kairos.jpg

Character descriptions

Kim Seo-jin (Shin Sung Rok) is the youngest director of construction company, named 'Kyros'. Kim Seo-jin is known as a person who was rescued dramatically from the construction accident site and then moved to the position of director of the construction company.

Kim Seo-Jin (Shin Sung-Rok) is a man who is driven only to achieve success in his life. Thanks to his efforts, he is the youngest executive at his company. His life is perfect, with his beautiful violinist wife Kang Hyun-Chae (Nam Gyu-Ri) and a daughter. His wonderful life comes to a halt when his young daughter is kidnapped. He falls deep into despair. To change the past, when his daughter was kidnapped, he contacts Han Ae-Ri (Lee Se-Young) approximately one month in the past.

Han Ae-Ri (Lee Se Young) has busy days with her studies and working a part-time job to make enough money to pay for her sick mother’s operation. One day, her mother suddenly goes missing. Han Ae-Ri falls into despair, when Kim Seo-Jin from the future contacts her.

Seo Do Kyun ( Ahn Bo Hyun) is Kim Seo Jin’s coworker at the construction company who’s a capable man with a good head on his shoulders. Being the first to notice the cracks in the project led by the successful Kim Seo Jin, he will light an unexpected fire to the story.

Kang Hyun Chae (Nam Gyu Ri) is a violinist who has the perfect family as Kim Seo Jin’s wife. Although she believed her marriage life would be filled with happiness, she comes head-to-head with unexpected difficulties and tension.

Posters

Kairos.jpeg

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shin Sung Rok In Talks To Lead New Romantic Fantasy Thriller Drama

Mar 16, 2020
by J. Lim
e4bbd86091d24ca6b265080246e6ee58.jpeg?s=

We may be seeing Shin Sung Rok in a new drama soon!

On March 16, it was reported that the actor was in talks to join upcoming drama “Kairos” (working title). A source form his agency HB Entertainment responded to the news and stated, “‘Kairos’ is indeed a project that Shin Sung Rok is positively looking over.”

Shin Sung Rok’s last drama was SBS’s “Vagabond,” which concluded in November 2019. He was originally slated to star in the upcoming drama by the creators of “The Last Empress” but he announced his decision to step down from the drama.

“Kairos” is set to be a romantic fantasy thriller that tells the story of a man who falls into shock when his young daughter is kidnapped and a woman who lives one month in the past as they try to save the people they love. Shin Sung Rok is said to have been offered the role of leading male character Kim Seo Jin and MBC is currently in talks to broadcast the drama.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1388513wpp/shin-sung-rok-in-talks-to-lead-new-romantic-fantasy-thriller-drama

Ahn Bo Hyun Considering Offer For New Drama Shin Sung Rok Is Also In Talks For

Apr 4, 2020
by J. Lim
7fa68e79b8ac42aea8b7ad2337982505.jpeg?s=

We may be seeing Ahn Bo Hyun in a new drama soon!

On April 4, it was reported that Ahn Bo Hyun would be joining the upcoming drama “Kairos” (working title). A source from his agency FN Entertainment responded to the news and stated, “It’s true that Ahn Bo Hyun has received an offer to appear in the drama and he is currently positively looking over the offer. Nothing has been decided yet.”

“Kairos” is set to be a romantic fantasy thriller that tells the story of a man who falls into shock when his young daughter is kidnapped and a woman who lives one month in the past as they try to save the people they love. Shin Sung Rok is currently in talks to play the leading role of Kim Seo Jin.

If Ahn Bo Hyun accepts the offer, he will be jumping straight into the new drama after wrapping up JTBC’s “Itaewon Class” in March.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1392341wpp/ahn-bo-hyun-considering-offer-for-new-drama-shin-sung-rok-is-also-in-talks-for

Ahn Bo Hyun reportedly cast in his next production after 'Itaewon Class', MBC's 'Kairos'

AKP STAFF

1585978217-20200404-ahnbohyun.jpg

Actor Ahn Bo Hyun of 'Itaewon Class' has reportedly decided on his next production!

According to reports on April 4, Ahn Bo Hyun has recently confirmed his appearance in an upcoming MBC drama titled 'Kairos'. Filming for 'Kairos' is slated to begin next month after the production crew wraps up most of the major casting. The drama is reportedly a romantic mystery/fantasy, revolving around a young father whose daughter gets kidnapped and a woman who lives stuck in the past, as they team up to rescue their loved ones. 

Actor Shin Sung Rok has been cast as the male lead Kim Seo Jin, while details on Ahn Bo Hyun's role are still unknown. 

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/04/ahn-bo-hyun-reportedly-cast-in-his-next-production-after-itaewon-class-mbcs-kairos

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Kairos, 카이로스 - Shin Sung Rok & Lee Se Young

MBC Confirms WINNER’s Kang Seung Yoon Is In Talks To Join Upcoming Drama

May 4, 2020
by J. Lim
8bed288ec4e64438a0fa330399684080.jpeg?s=

We may be seeing WINNER’s Kang Seung Yoon in a new drama soon!

On May 4, it was reported that Kang Seung Yoon would be appearing in the upcoming MBC drama “Kairos.” In response, a source from MBC stated, “Kang Seung Yoon is currently positively looking over the offer.”

“Kairos” is set to be a romantic fantasy thriller that tells the story of a man who falls into shock when his young daughter is kidnapped and a woman who lives one month in the past as they try to save the people they love. Currently, Shin Sung Rok, Ahn Bo Hyun, and Lee Se Young are also considering offers for the drama.

If Kang Seung Yoon accepts the role, it will be his first acting role in more than two years since his appearance in tvN’s “Prison Playbook,” which premiered in November 2017.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1398227wpp/mbc-confirms-winners-kang-seung-yoon-is-in-talks-to-join-upcoming-drama

May 7 2020

Shin Sung-Rok & Lee Se-Young cast in MBC drama series “Kairos”

Kairos_Korean_Drama-a00.jpg

Shin Sung-Rok and Lee Se-Young are cast for lead roles in MBC drama series “Kairos.” Ahn Bo-Hyun and Nam Gyu-Ri are also cast for major supporting character roles in the drama series. The drama series is a thriller-mystery that involves two people communicating from the recent past and present.

“Kairos” first airs sometime in the second half of this year in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Kim Seo-Jin (Shin Sung-Rok) is a man who is driven only to achieve success in his life. Thanks to his efforts, he is the youngest executive at his company. His life is perfect, with his beautiful violinist wife Kang Hyun-Chae (Nam Gyu-Ri) and a daughter. His wonderful life comes to a halt when his young daughter is kidnapped. He falls deep into despair. To change the past, when his daughter was kidnapped, he contacts Han Ae-Ri (Lee Se-Young) approximately one month in the past.

Han Ae-Ri has busy days with her studies and working a part-time job to make enough money to pay for her sick mother’s operation. One day, her mother suddenly goes missing. Han Ae-Ri falls into despair, when Kim Seo-Jin from the future contacts her.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/shin-sung-rok-lee-se-young-cast-in-mbc-drama-series-kairos

Shin Sung Rok, Lee Se Young, Ahn Bo Hyun, And Nam Gyu Ri Confirmed For New MBC Thriller

May 7, 2020
by S. Nam
2c8afe59671345fc969467cb78657204.jpeg?s=

The lead cast for upcoming MBC drama “Kairos” (literal title) is confirmed!

On May 7, MBC’s “Kairos” confirmed that Shin Sung Rok, Lee Se Young, Ahn Bo Hyun, and Nam Gyu Ri will be starring in the drama. Previously, Ahn Bo Hyun and Shin Sung Rok were reported to be considering the drama.

“Kairos” is a romantic fantasy thriller that uses elements of time to tell the story of Kim Seo Jin, a man who falls into despair after his young daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ye Ri, a woman searching for her missing mother who lives one month in the past from the time Kim Seo Jin is living in. With unexpected twists and thrill from the difference in time between the two characters, Kim Seo Jin and Han Ye Ri will fight to save the people they love.

Shin Sung Rok will be taking on the role of Kim Seo Jin, the youngest director of a construction company who managed to achieve success after working tirelessly. Although he has a perfect life, he suddenly loses everything due to an unfortunate incident. In order to turn back his misfortune, he begins to communicate with Han Ye Ri who lives in the past.

Lee Se Young will be playing Han Ye Ri who struggles to get by in her difficult life. From an early age, she struggled to gather money for her mother’s surgery through part-time jobs while studying at the same time. She falls into despair when her mother suddenly goes missing, but a new story unfolds when she begins to contact Kim Seo Jin from the future.

Ahn Bo Hyun will be taking on the role of Seo Do Kyun, Kim Seo Jin’s coworker at the construction company who’s a capable man with a good head on his shoulders. Being the first to notice the cracks in the project led by the successful Kim Seo Jin, he will light an unexpected fire to the story.

Finally, Nam Gyu Ri will be playing Kang Hyun Chae, a violinist who has the perfect family as Kim Seo Jin’s wife. Although she believed her marriage life would be filled with happiness, she comes head-to-head with unexpected difficulties and tension.

Viewers are highly anticipating the stellar lineup of charismatic actors who have showcased their wide acting spectrum along with their attention to detail in their previous projects. “Kairos” is set to air in the second half of the year.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1398795wpp/shin-sung-rok-lee-se-young-ahn-bo-hyun-and-nam-gyu-ri-confirmed-for-new-mbc-thriller

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 05. 06. 

Four lead roles in time-crossing fantasy drama "Kairos" revealed

2963B3C8-081F-4066-8B6A-BB0384255700.jpg

Actors Shin Sung Rok, Lee Se Young, Ahn Bo Hyun, and Nam Gyu Ri have confirmed their participation in MBC's new drama "Kairos".

"Kairos", which was scheduled to be broadcast in the first half of 2020, is a time-crossing fantasy thriller drama about a man called Seo Jin who struggles "across time" to save the person he loves at the time of one month after falling into despair because his little daughter was kidnapped and the woman Ae Ri at one month earlier when having to find her missing mother.

The characters of the present and past depict the struggles of two men and women who both understand each other and try to reverse the tragedies that have already occurred. The drama is expected to give viewers fun, thrill, and extreme tension thanks to unpredictable crises, conflicts, and plot twists created by the material "time". Shin Sung Rok, Lee Se Young, Ahn Bo Hyun, and Nam Gyu Ri are attracting a great deal of attention as the main characters of "Kairos".

Shin Sung Rok is expected to have a makeover when playing Kim Seo Jin - who becomes the youngest CEO thanks to persistent efforts to gain success. The all-around and invincible man unexpectedly experiences a tragedy that robs him of everything. It will be unpredictable when it comes to the storyline of Shin Sung Rok interacting with Lee Se Young - the girl living in the past and embracing her misery. Since then, the audience can't help looking forward to seeing how Shin Sung Rok - the actor who is displaying a great acting potential with stable acting in various types of roles - will portray Kim Seo Jin in a life-and-death situation.

Lee Se Young will play Han Ae Ri - who goes through a harsh and miserable life every day. She soon struggled to make ends meet when she had to study and work a part-time job to save money for her mother's surgery. But then her beloved mother suddenly disappeared, making her tiresome life even more miserable. While Ae Ri was immersed in despair, she began contacting Shin Sung Rok - who is living in the future - and portrayed a new story. Lee Se Yong is promised to have a dramatic change in acting through this work.

Standing out with a passionate look, Ahn Bo Hyun will play Seo Do Kyun - a smart, sharp guy, and the head of a department working in same the construction company with Shin Sung Rok. This character will "ignite" unpredictable situation when always being the first person to recognize loopholes in the project of an "invincible" Shin Sung Rok. Having shown overwhelming charm and intense eyes in the previous work, Ahn Bo Hyun promises to once again show his outstanding presence through this new drama.

Nam Gyu Ri will take the role of Kang Hyun Chae, Shin Sung Rok's wife, who has a perfect family, and also a violinist. The actress will bring tension to the drama when the current happy marriage life of Hyun Chae faces unpredictable incidents. Over the past time, Nam Gyu Ri has always got much love with her adorable acting and subtle expression of emotions. Therefore, the public is paying close attention to her performance in "Kairos" this time.

Reporter Hwang So Young/ hwang.soyoung@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

I was right that Shin Sung Rok had a better offer. :lol:

'Kairos' depicts a struggling struggle between two men and women who are trying to undo the tragedies that have already occurred when the separate present and past characters communicate. Through the unpredictable crisis, conflict, and reversal that the material “time” can give, it will provide thrill and fun that can not slow the tension even for a moment. In addition, Shin Sung-rok, Se-young Lee, Bo-hyun Ahn and Gyu-nam Nam are the main characters of 'Kairo', and they are attracted attention.

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsVIew/1Z2NPUC5P0

I like the genre. I don`t have any idea how they explain this time distorsion. This is usually the weak point of many fantasy drama.  We`ll see.

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Putting this on my radar!

I like all the four leads. 

@katakwasabi 

Weeee~~~ thanks for the tag @ktcjdrama and thanks @larus for starting the thread :lol:

I'm excited to have a new drama to look forward to. I noticed a change in the drama description. When the casting news first came out several months ago,  the drama was a 'romantic fantasy thriller'. Now it's just a 'fantasy thriller'. Makes more sense to be honest, since the main guy is married and has a child. Hehehe

Time-travelling shenanigans is not my cup of tea. I'm a big "dramas-must-make-narrative-sense" person, so I hope it won't be too confusing and the setup is clear for viewers (aka me) to understand. It'll be interesting to see how they make it work and make it make sense. *excited excited*

Yay! A new SSR drama. And yay! Trot Lovers reunion!!!

30de45f54aa934b98939cee6c7806de9.jpg

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

I'm excited to have a new drama to look forward to. I noticed a change in the drama description. When the casting news first came out several months ago,  the drama was a 'romantic fantasy thriller'. Now it's just a 'fantasy thriller'. Makes more sense to be honest, since the main guy is married and has a child. Hehehe

I wanted to comment about the romantic relements, not because the male protagonist is married, but a daugher was kidnapped. When he has time for romance in these circumstances? Fantasy thriller is enough.

Maybe there will be some light moments in all this tense events. That`s alright. I am just curious how the fantasy will work in this drama. I really can`t imagine how the heroine is living one month in the past and how the hero will connect with her then. Never heard of such things before. :D

It will be like in drama Signal, when they were connected through an electronic device? That I understand. I just thought that both leads will work together in the same scene but I think I`ve imagined wrong. Now, I can imagine something like Signal. I just imagine that the heroine trying to talk with the hero from the past (one month past:D) and he is clueless and Seo Jin from (one month future) is telling her informations to tell him. But Ae Ri in the present will know about Seo Jin from her past because the future Seo Jin contacted her in the past. I am dizzy. Or it is something more simple. The heroine lives in the present (she will work together with the hero) but she is somehow from the past. I am still in the dark. :w00t: I will stop thinking.

Lineup confirmed for time-crossing thriller drama Kairos

by tineybeanie

castlineupkairo.jpg
Ahn Bo-hyun, Lee Se-young, Nam Gyuri, Shin Sung-rok

Upcoming MBC drama Kairos has finalized its main casting lineup. Kairos is a timeslip fantasy thriller drama about rescuing lost loved ones. It looks like there’s at least two timelines to keep track of. One month in the future, there’s a man who is despairing due to the kidnapping of his young daughter. One month in the past, there’s a woman who is trying to pursue the truth behind the disappearance of her mother.

Shin Sung-rok (Vagabond) plays a man who has spent all his energy on attaining success and he became the youngest-ever director at his company. He seemingly has everything, including a perfect family with Nam Gyuri (Different Dreams) as his beautiful wife who is a professional violinist. However, one day he loses all that he has, including his daughter. Desperate to recover everything he lost, he begins to communicate with Lee Se-young (Memorist), a woman from the past timeline.

Lee Se-young’s character has lived a hard life. In order to save up to pay for her mom’s surgery, she works part-time gigs as well as being a full-time student. Then, one day her mother disappears and she’s at a complete loss. She receives a communication from Shin Sung-rok’s character from the future, and they begin to pursue their goals together.

Ahn Bo-hyun (Itaewon Class) plays a department head at Shin Sung-rok’s company who’s intelligent and capable. He’s the first one to notice a problem in one of Shin Sung-rok’s projects at work.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/05/lineup-confirmed-for-time-crossing-thriller-drama-kairos/

Interesting title.  Kairos is an ancient Greek word meaning "the right, critical, or opportune moment".

Borrowing from Wikipedia:

The ancient Greeks had two words for time: chronos and kairos. The former refers to chronological or sequential time, while the latter signifies a proper or opportune time for action. While chronos is quantitative, kairos has a qualitative, permanent nature.

In rhetoric, kairos is "a passing instant when an opening appears which must be driven through with force if success is to be achieved.

Cool.  I find that odd connection interesting enough to make me want to check this drama.

8 hours ago, larus said:

I wanted to comment about the romantic relements, not because the male protagonist is married, but a daugher was kidnapped. When he has time for romance in these circumstances? Fantasy thriller is enough.

Maybe there will be some light moments in all this tense events. That`s alright. I am just curious how the fantasy will work in this drama. I really can`t imagine how the heroine is living one month in the past and how the hero will connect with her then. Never heard of such things before. :D

It will be like in drama Signal, when they were connected through an electronic device? That I understand. I just thought that both leads will work together in the same scene but I think I`ve imagined wrong. Now, I can imagine something like Signal. I just imagine that the heroine trying to talk with the hero from the past (one month past:D) and he is clueless and Seo Jin from (one month future) is telling her informations to tell him. But Ae Ri in the present will know about Seo Jin from her past because the future Seo Jin contacted her in the past. I am dizzy. Or it is something more simple. The heroine lives in the present (she will work together with the hero) but she is somehow from the past. I am still in the dark. :w00t: I will stop thinking.

Lol! Had the same thought too. How can he have mindspace for romance when his kid is abducted. I really hope it stays that way and they are helping each other out. I'm intrigued with how it will happen. Since one is in the past and another in the future, does it mean they have 2 versions of each character? Hahaha

My early assumption is...Seojin will try find Ye Ri's mum in the future while Ye Ri will try to stop Seojin's daughter abduction from happening. (Me: feeling trippy after I typed that lol!)

The limited time difference is interesting. She's only 1 month behind. The plot kinda reminds me of a movie I watched: A Day. But the main lead was in a time loop instead.

Spoiler

7 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

The limited time difference is interesting. She's only 1 month behind. The plot kinda reminds me of a movie I watched: A Day. But the main lead was in a time loop instead.

It is easier for the drama to have the events happening in the past (the future hero just gave the information to the past heroine but the events are showing in the past) or to have all the events.

I won`t think about what it could be anymore. I will wait for the drama to tell me. Let see if it is coherent enough to buy the explanation. I hope it is something easy to follow. I can suspend my disbelief but I won`t shut my brain completely. One thing is sure. I will cheer for them to resolve the problems (Seo Jin to find his daughter, and Ae ri to find her mom). I think the drama is called Kairos to show that both protagonists have an opportune time for action to resolve their problems. They will have a second chance, to do the right things to change the bad fate. It is similar with the movie you mentioned but without the time loop.

3 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

10.33. One minute call to change fate.

I really hope it's something easy to follow too. Now we know they are communicating via phone

Oh, It is something like that.... Fine. It is better to keep it simple, to keep the two time line at their place. Now I imagine how the heroine tries to convince the clueless hero (from the past) that something bad will happen when he thinks everything is perfect in his life.

I don„t know how they will do it but I am sure the writer will make this story work.

They will start filming soon? I heard that this drama will have a September premiere but it is not official yet.

Nam Gyu-ri posted several photos on his SNS on the 8th, with the words "Meet in 'Kairos'."

In the photo, Nam Gyu-ri smiles and smiles in front of the camera. In a bright one-piece dress, he boasted the attention of netizens by boasting about the trademark doll beauty.

918910c5-5910-42a0-84c2-19857fee554a.jpg

Meanwhile, Nam Gyu-ri appears in the MBC drama 'Kairos', which is scheduled to air in the second half of this year. Kairos is a time-crossing fantasy thriller struggling across time for a loved one by a future man, Seo-jin, who needs to reclaim her kidnapped young daughter, and Ari, a woman who needs to save her lost mother.

Archived