Quantcast

This drama had me intrest and watch ep 1 - 2 

1. i like how the cinographic or picture of the drama - witj different tones two show differently months 

2. i love how the muaic tension the build up 

i cant wait to see next episode..as i can see this drama can go more i wish for its success 

i wonder how will the character of wife, pa will develop..maybe they had connection but i still hope no sudenly change hero will love the heroin by having open ending or resert things which always happen on time travel drama...and i think the dreams seo jin had had something’s to do with aeri maybe that whats connect them..as there part she calling her father with that number mention he doesn’t to get married and after that tej connection happen

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I actually don't mind Seojin character in ep 8 because he's consistent. He never believed Aeri from the moment she met him at his office. It wouldn't make sense if he suddenly believes her especially

Awwww @lebeaucouple thanks my friend for remembering me! I know we meet so many in other forums. Glad to see your posts and activity! YEAH it has been a bit of time! LOVE LOVE your ideas and theories

I am so so agree with this. I was thinking the same after watch ep 4 when Aeri met Dokyun. I'm not sure about him being the culprit but so far Aeri has only told Dokyun and Seojin himself about Dabin

Kairos: Episodes 1-2 Open Thread

by Laica

https://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Kairos1-2-00039.jpg

I wasn’t sure what to make of this show’s promotional materials, but just two episodes in, I’m completely sold. In its first week, Kairos has neatly set up an intriguing and suspenseful premise, all its important characters and relationships, a dark and thrilling tone—and most importantly, it had me deeply invested in the lives of its protagonists from Episode 1. Bring on the mystery, the tears, and the suspense!

EPISODES 1-2 WEECAP

We meet our leads as they go about their daily lives. KIM SEO-JIN (Shin Sung-rok) is a high-powered construction company executive, capable to a degree that provokes envy, despite the trauma of a past building collapse that still gives him nightmares.

His ambition drives him to push his violinist wife KANG HYUN-CHAE (Nam Gyuri) to continue a career she’s starting to lose confidence in, and treat both her and their daughter DA-BIN (Shim Hye-yeon) with an irritable, peremptory affection.

Little Da-bin disappears one night, and after a couple of frantic, hellish days her parents receive her finger in a box. Oh God, I did not sign up for this.

When the police tell them the finger indicates that Da-bin is already dead, Hyun-chae lashes out at Seo-jin for always putting his career first, and later jumps into the Han River in despair.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/10/kairos-episodes-1-2-open-thread/

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1

Yeah, this is kind of like "Signal" crossed with a 2013 drama titled: "Scandal: A Very Astounding and Immoral Incident." (haha, that title)

Spoiler

Basically, some guy built a building with shoddy construction which crushed and killed a young boy (among others), so the boy's father kidnaps the guy's son and raises him as his own as revenge.

I'm intrigued. I want to see what happens next.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, chickfactor said:

Yeah, this is kind of like "Signal" crossed with a 2013 drama titled: "Scandal: A Very Astounding and Immoral Incident." (haha, that title)

Reveal hidden contents

Basically, some guy built a building with shoddy construction which crushed and killed a young boy (among others), so the boy's father kidnaps the guy's son and raises him as his own as revenge.

I'm intrigued. I want to see what happens next.

Ah ah.  That's how the plot thickens.  Let me go back to the drawing boards to cook up a revised version of my romance plot again.  :D

• Like 3

Watch: Shin Sung Rok, Lee Se Young, And More Share Their First Day On The Set Of “Kairos”

629a27a8e41941a6b84e31ffef6ca3ae.jpeg?s=

Oct 31, 2020
by L. Kim

MBC’s new drama “Kairos” has unveiled its first making-of video!

“Kairos” is a “time-crossing fantasy thriller” about the interconnected fates of Kim Seo Jin (played by Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman who is searching for her missing mother. From Kim Seo Jin’s perspective, Han Ae Ri is living exactly one month in the past -but after the two miraculously communicate from their different times, they set out on a thrilling quest to save their missing loved ones.

The video shows Shin Sung Rok discussing various scenes with the director and laughing brightly with his co-stars.

Shin Sung Rok says, “I was really looking forward to the first day of filming. It had been postponed for a while, but thanks to that, I was able to prepare for my role without rushing. The first day on set was pretty relaxing, so rather than being nervous, I actually felt calm and stable. I’m very happy.” The actor praised the creative script and expressed his excitement to see how the drama will play out.

shin-sung-rok1.jpg

Then the video shares a glimpse of Lee Se Young laughing and conversing with WINNER’s Kang Seung Yoon and Lee Joo Myung during breaktime. In the interview, the actress jokingly compares the hot weather to hell (they filmed during the extremely hot summer) and comments, “But thanks to the chemistry with the staff and the teamwork with my co-workers, the set was overflowing with love, and I was able to safely finish the first day of filming.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1434926wpp/watch-shin-sung-rok-lee-se-young-and-more-share-their-first-day-on-the-set-of-kairos

• Like 4

Shin Sung Rok And Lee Se Young Come Across More Crises In “Kairos”

2cc73acbda0b44a1848151b76b04e418.jpeg?s=

Nov 1, 2020
by U. Kim

MBC’s “Kairos” has shared a glimpse of episode 3!

“Kairos” is a “time-crossing fantasy thriller” about the interconnected fates of Kim Seo Jin (Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman who is searching for her missing mother. From Kim Seo Jin’s perspective, Han Ae Ri is living exactly one month in the past -but after the two miraculously communicate from their different times, they set out on a thrilling quest to save their missing loved ones.

Spoilers

Previously in “Kairos,” Kim Seo Jin’ s young daughter was kidnapped, and his wife Kang Hyun Chae (Nam Gyu Ri) jumped into the Han River from the shock. Han Ae Ri was swindled out of the money she was saving up for her mother’s surgery, and she was devastated when her mother even went missing. Kim Seo Jin and Han Ae Ri somehow became able to talk to each other through their phones, and they figured out that their times only overlap for exactly one minute at 10:33. With this information, they begin their first steps of working together. Meanwhile, Kim Jin Ho (Go Kyu Pil) turned himself in as the culprit behind the kidnapping.

New stills show the two protagonists’ facial expressions. Kim Seo Jin looks as anxious as the time he lost his family, making viewers wonder what kind of tragedy he is faced with this time and why he’s continuing to stand in the rain in the fearful situation.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1435115wpp/shin-sung-rok-and-lee-se-young-come-across-more-crises-in-kairos

• Like 2

Shin Sung Rok Questions So Hee Jung About His Daughter’s Kidnapper In “Kairos”

9aec320cf2524a8497ef60b915e97148.jpeg?s=

Nov 2, 2020
by S. Nam

MBC’s “Kairos” released new stills of Shin Sung Rok and So Hee Jung!

“Kairos” is a “time-crossing fantasy thriller” about the interconnected fates of Kim Seo Jin (Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman who is searching for her missing mother. From Kim Seo Jin’s perspective, Han Ae Ri is living exactly one month in the past—but after the two miraculously communicate from their different times, they set out on a thrilling quest to save their missing loved ones.

Spoiler

Previously, Kim Seo Jin learned that making a different choice in the past will change the future. Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), who was locked up in a detention center for murdering Im Gun Wook (WINNER’s Kang Seung Yoon), managed to change her fate as well as her admission records. However, tensions rose again when a mysterious man named Kim Jin Ho (Go Kyu Pil) suddenly appeared at the police station and confessed to Kim Da Bin’s (Shim Hye Yeon’s) kidnapping.

In the newly released stills, Kim Seo Jin looks rushed as he presents a picture of Kim Jin Ho to Jung Hye Kyung (So Hee Jung). Suspicion grows as Jung Hye Kyung smiles back mysteriously. As the babysitter who spent the most time with Kim Seo Jin’s daughter, viewers are becoming increasingly suspicious of her while hoping for more clues.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1435285wpp/shin-sung-rok-questions-so-hee-jung-about-his-daughters-kidnapper-in-kairos

• Like 3

Kairos`Lee Se-young is being overpowered by the bodyguards, and it attracts attention.

1ZA93GI9VX_1.jpg

In the third episode of MBC's monthly mini-series'Kairos' (played by Lee Soo-hyun / director Park Seung-woo), broadcast on the 2nd, Lee Se-young (playing Han Ae-ri) is going to Yoo Joong Construction, where Shin Seong-rok (playing Kim Seo-jin) works.

Earlier, Han Ae-ri did not believe Kim Seo-jin's words that he was living a month later, but when the lottery number he sent was won, he asked him to find his missing mother. Seojin Kim first suggested that he meet himself in the past, suggesting that an interesting story is foreshadowed.

In the midst of this, the appearance of Han Ae-ri being blocked by the bodyguards arouses regret. There must have been a lot of worries about how to explain the “opportunity” to Seojin Kim, which was difficult even for himself to believe. Moreover, since Seojin Kim was a character who was unable to tolerate even the smallest mistakes hisdaughter made, it raises questions about what kind of persuasion Han Aeri prepared for.

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsVIew/1ZA93GI9VX

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

Lee Se Young Desperately Tries To Persuade Shin Sung Rok In “Kairos”

69a71e43113b41bfb8e5acd5325ea8d0.jpeg?s=

Nov 3, 2020
by S. Nam

MBC’s “Kairos” released new stills of Lee Se Young and Shin Sung Rok!

“Kairos” is a “time-crossing fantasy thriller” about the interconnected fates of Kim Seo Jin (Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman who is searching for her missing mother. From Kim Seo Jin’s perspective, Han Ae Ri is living exactly one month in the past—but after the two miraculously communicate from their different times, they set out on a thrilling quest to save their missing loved ones.

Spoiler

Previously, Han Ae Ri visited Kim Seo Jin at his company, but he treated her like a crazy person and kicked her out. The Kim Seo Jin living one month in the future once again asked Han Ae Ri to visit his past self to persuade him.

In the new stills, Han Ae Ri visits Kim Seo Jin again and desperately trying to persuade him. Unlike the broken Kim Seo Jin who has lost his daughter and wife in the future, the past Kim Seo Jin appears cold-hearted, making viewers wonder what response he’ll have towards Han Ae Ri’s persuasion.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1435580wpp/lee-se-young-desperately-tries-to-persuade-shin-sung-rok-in-kairos

• Like 4

Kairos at no 5 in buzzworthy drama list for 5th week of Oct

The reviews are positive as of ep 3....but the ratings though :criesariver:. I don't think the ratings will change much in future weeks, so I hope the plot remains tight and reviews remain positive until the end. Kairos fighting!

• Like 5

Lee Se Young Desperately Tries To Persuade Shin Sung Rok In “Kairos”

69a71e43113b41bfb8e5acd5325ea8d0.jpeg?s=

Nov 3, 2020
by S. Nam

MBC’s “Kairos” released new stills of Lee Se Young and Shin Sung Rok!

Spoiler

Previously, Han Ae Ri visited Kim Seo Jin at his company, but he treated her like a crazy person and kicked her out. The Kim Seo Jin living one month in the future once again asked Han Ae Ri to visit his past self to persuade him.

In the new stills, Han Ae Ri visits Kim Seo Jin again and desperately trying to persuade him. Unlike the broken Kim Seo Jin who has lost his daughter and wife in the future, the past Kim Seo Jin appears cold-hearted, making viewers wonder what response he’ll have towards Han Ae Ri’s persuasion.

Shin-Sung-Rok-Lee-Se-Young-3.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1435580wpp/lee-se-young-desperately-tries-to-persuade-shin-sung-rok-in-kairos

• Like 4

This drama started off with intense plot and storyline was easy to follow. The different in timeline was only one month ahead. The storytelling so far is impeccable and very creative,  made it clear and precise the transition between present and past. I must say all the actors performed excellently at their respective roles, including the script, editing, and directing. Especially, the male lead Shin Sung Rok had beautifully portrayed the frantic Kim Seo Jin, expressing all kinds of emotions before and after the incident. 

So far i was impressed by this drama, especially when I was just recalling the recent finished drama , "ALICE", the same about the time-crossing, but this drama made it even more relatable and thrilling. Again, if crossing the timeline to amend the mistakes in the past, there’s always a consequence to pay off.  Both leads can only communicate with each other for 1 minute on certain timing (10:33 ~ 10.34) every day. The restricted communication timeline can drive us crazy but isn't it making the drama more thrilling and exciting? If they do not have enough time to talk, use TEXT which will be more convenience and useful sometimes.

The current suspect list that involved in her daughter missing :

1. Seo Do-Kyun (Yujung Construction -The male lead assistant manager)
  2. Jung Hye-Kyeong (the Nanny)
  3. Kim Jin-Ho (the murderer)
  4. Who else?
  5. I love the male lead beautiful wife but went missing, couldn't find her body. I suspect she and Seo Do-Kyun may have something going on in the past since the husband was always so busy in office. Or Seo Do-Kyun likes and cares for his wife a lot based on the way he looked at the wife.

Let's wait for next EP - more story to unfold....

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] Kairos, 카이로스