Quantcast

One thing I really found about these two episodes was that they are now showing dates when timeline changes from Ae Ri to Seo Jin. Although I didn't find it confusing, but seeing some posts here, I was sure that there many people who would feel the same way and be confused about the timeline. 

Coming to the episodes, the pace of this is amazing, and while initially we all thought (or at least I did) that saving Da Bin would the endgame, it actually came as the end of first half. Loved the overall things happening, sometimes I really feel that a lot happens in just one episode of this drama and they are doing a good job not wasting much screen time here. 

The biggest revelation in my opinion happened at the end of episode 7th, and I really wonder now, with the future changed once again thanks to Ae Ri, and knowing that whenever changes happen in the future timeline, it is only Seo Jin who knows about the changes and it does not affect his memory, I wonder how he will move ahead knowing his wife's real face and she being behind it all. Now the accident itself is not really the endgame, since if it really is, then the whole connection between Ae Ri and Seo Jin of future will end rather abruptly. It is also amazing to see that current is also having memory surges which means that those memory surge is a 2 way thing. Now that current Seo Jin actually came into the timeline where everything started, he is now getting the memories of future Seo Jin, since well, they got to be same person here.

Talking about Hyun Chae, this woman is something else. Sometimes I feel like even Do Kyun feels scared of her. While Do Kyun could be the brains and mastermind of Da Bin's kidnapping, I can see how well emotionally he is being controlled and manipulated by her. Within this trio of Do Kyun, Tae Kyu and Hyun Chae, till 8th episode, I found him more sane. He still has got some humanity in him, and does not want to go the dirty way. But he seems to be mistaken here, and I firmly believe that Hyun Chae is going to abandon him when the time comes, and he will realize things only when he gets backstabbed by her. But this dude sure is perceptive and even though he had been having doubts about Ae Ri and her constant warnings, he does feel like it is not really a co-incidence that she is the cause of his brilliantly planned kidnapping. 

What I still am not understanding is the fact that why Hyun Chae is doing all this? Does she want to run away with Seo Jin's money? That's it? It could be a good motivation, but to me it feels weak. From the looks of it, we'll see more of the chairman too in the coming episodes and more about the building collapse incident of past will come into light. But once again, I don't understand whose side is Lee Tae Kyu really? If he is on Do Kyun's side then why should they actually worry about Ae Ri's mom revealing stuff of that past incident. Looking at their age I don't really think they are directly involved in it, and by the looks of it they both want to run away too when their plan works and Hyun Chae gets the money. So the overall involvement of Ae Ri's mom with both Jin Ho and Tae Kyu, their apparent deaths linked directly with him kind of makes me wonder who is related to which incident. Hyun Chae does not look to be in the mood of revenge, all she wants is to run away with Seo Jin;s money and live a new life. 

But as I said this woman is something else, her reaction and replies to Kim Seo Jin asking her why she lied to him was not normal. It was as if she had prepared for it all from the beginning. It will be interesting now, seeing Da Bin with her dad, and Seo Jin seemingly back with Hyun Chae, which I think is mostly because he wants to know what exactly she has been scheming, and is someone involved in their car accident? Definitely in my opinion.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2
  • Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I actually don't mind Seojin character in ep 8 because he's consistent. He never believed Aeri from the moment she met him at his office. It wouldn't make sense if he suddenly believes her especially

Awwww @lebeaucouple thanks my friend for remembering me! I know we meet so many in other forums. Glad to see your posts and activity! YEAH it has been a bit of time! LOVE LOVE your ideas and theories

I am so so agree with this. I was thinking the same after watch ep 4 when Aeri met Dokyun. I'm not sure about him being the culprit but so far Aeri has only told Dokyun and Seojin himself about Dabin

This drama gives a lot of anxiety, it should come with a disclaimer. lol. The whole time I was watching episode 8 all I could think was-DAMN YOU SEO JIN. 

Seo jin was a huge jerk to Aeri. The girl was doing so much for him and this is how he repays? I was so looking forward for them to meet and it turns out like this! He calls her crazy and disgusting. If there is one crazy in the drama it's his wife Hyun Chae. There is something about her eyes, it's soulless, murderous and screams evil every time she stares. She gives me the chills. Evil witch. 

The car crash at the ending, Was that future seo jin or the one from the present time line ? Does future seo jin even exist?I am confused because going by the hairstyle it's future seo jin but we saw him burn into ashes previously. 

So If it's the seo jin of the present timeline then I'm guessing he got his memories back while driving his family home and some how ended up crashing the car or money minded Lee Tae Kyu organised the car crash to make things easier for him(he certainly doesn't listen to Do Kyun and has an own way of doing things). This seems to be a sudden end to Hyun Chae's character(from the preview,  she's dead). Such a strong antagonist wouldn't bow out soon (she has unfinished business with the burnt man)  unless there is some one hiding in the dark to fill in the gap. My bet is on the chairman for the story to continue. All the calls Aeri's mom was making seems to be to him. Let's see how this drama unfolds.. Can't wait to see what happens next!

• Like 8

I watched episode 7 and bang... Seo Jin finds his daughter and wife. He is in danger now. In the past, Ae Ri and her friends want to prevent the kidnapping but bang... Ae ri is getting arrested. The future Seo Jin and Do Kyun disappear from that Forest villa. Ae Ri is released from jail  (we don`t know why Seo Jin changed his mind or maybe it was chairman who did it since Ae Ri mother went to Yujung). I believe it is the second scenario. She doesn`t want to talk to the future Seo jin but bang... he has an accident with his family and Ae ri will help him again. I like how this show is keeping me on the edge of my seat. I hope this show will continue to be good until the end. We are halfway.

I like how scary is Kang Hyun-Chae. When she made Do hyun something to eat and she used sweet words but I was scared for him. :lol:

I don`t even interested about the detais of the time connection. But I am curious why the messages remain in Ae Ri`s phone even if the time events in the future have changed. It is the case of changing only the future and the past remains? And how Seo Jin is having flashes of the future events that were erassed/changed?

There is a strong connection between Ae ri and Seo jin. Things were not resolved. New problems will arise. To not forget....Lee Taek-Kyu is aparently under |Do Hyun`s orders but he is working independetly from him. Probably under the Chairman`s orders. I still have the CEO my number one suspect. :D

I can`t wait to watch the next episodes. My favorite airing show right now. 

• Like 8

I actually don't mind Seojin character in ep 8 because he's consistent. He never believed Aeri from the moment she met him at his office. It wouldn't make sense if he suddenly believes her especially after how suspicious she looks around him. It's also inline with how the chairman and Dogyun describe him: he doesn't trust people. 

The Seojin that contacted Aeri was different than the one she met in person, and she knew that as per her conversation with her friends. Seojin9 was initially a hard character too, but the events around him (his daughter and wife dead, he was falsely accused etc2) changed him bit by bit. This was most obvious during his conversation with Jin Ho where he apologized and said he finally understood what Jinho went through after he personally experienced the loss of his own daughter. And also when he repeatedly apologize and thank Aeri in their many conversations.

I think the beginning of Ep 8 (golf, fight, breakfast) are new events that didn't happen in Seojin9 timeline. The events before the violin performance has changed. In ep 1, they talked about the concert, babysitter etc in their bedroom on the night before the concert. In ep 8, they fought and talked about it over breakfast on the day of the concert.

(Edit: I rewatched ep 8, maybe the events were a previous year flashback since HC does the charity event yearly)

I really want Seojin to know that his wife is evil. The current Seojin now knows his wife is a liar. But he doesn't know that she's a cheater and also a psycho 'potential' killer. Divorce her Seojin! Remove the ring from your finger before it's too late.

• Like 10

@katakwasabi I agree which is why I hope he maintains his memories up until his pending death. Aeri needs to tell him his wife is cheating and who she is cheating with just in case he does not retain this recent event. OAN, I believe Aeri's mother is threatening the chairman and that is how this thing comes full circle. 

This drama is quite intriguing.                          

• Like 4
1 hour ago, foreverempress said:

@katakwasabi I agree which is why I hope he maintains his memories up until his pending death. Aeri needs to tell him his wife is cheating and who she is cheating with just in case he does not retain this recent event. OAN, I believe Aeri's mother is threatening the chairman and that is how this thing comes full circle. 

This drama is quite intriguing.                          

I don't know how Aeri can tell him his wife is cheating. In the previous timeline, his wife was dead and she knows how devastated Seojin was, he was clinging to the hope of saving his wife and daughter. It was not her place to tell him his dead wife cheated on him and break whatever hope he had and it might break the trust they built. She still needed Seojin to find her mother.

In this new timeline, where the kidnapping didn't happen, current Seojin doesn't believe her at all, despite anything she or her friends say. 

I feel the only way current Seojin will learn about his wife cheating is by himself...either his previous memory returns or he sees them with his own eyes. But I don't think it would be from Aeri. 

• Like 4

Kairos: Episodes 7-8 Open Thread

by Laica

Kairos7-8-00002.jpg

It’s almost D-Day, and our heroine has formulated a plan to prevent the kidnapping of an innocent child. In the future, our hero makes a shocking discovery that may help him put all the pieces together. But the villains are catching on, and both of them are in danger of losing everything. It’s a tense, tearful ride as they try outrun the constantly evolving danger they f

EPISODES 7-8 WEECAP

Hope returns as Ae-ri finds her mother, erasing her murder from the future and restoring Seo-jin’s freedom, but Mom disappears the next day after fobbing Ae-ri off with half-truths.

She threatens someone at Yoojoong Construction to leave Ae-ri alone or she’ll expose what she knows.

Kairos7-8-00024.jpg

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/11/kairos-episodes-7-8-open-thread/

• Like 5

Shin Sung Rok Makes An Uncharacteristic Move In “Kairos”

Shin Sung Rok is experiencing a change in MBC’s “Kairos”!

“Kairos” is a “time-crossing fantasy thriller” about the interconnected fates of Kim Seo Jin (Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman who is searching for her missing mother. From Kim Seo Jin’s perspective, Han Ae Ri is living exactly one month in the past – but after the two miraculously communicate from their different times, they set out on a thrilling quest to save their missing loved ones.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, Kim Seo Jin ignored Han Ae Ri’s repeated warnings and dispatched the police force on the day of the kidnapping. Shockingly, Han Ae Ri was arrested for attempted kidnapping. Meanwhile, Kim Jin Ho (Go Kyu Pil) quickly went into hiding when Seo Do Kyun (Ahn Bo Hyun) and Lee Taek Gyu’s (Jo Dong In’s) plans began to go wrong.

Newly released stills show Kim Seo Jin from the past who has come to see Kim Jin Ho. Kim Jin Ho, who lost his first child because of Yoojoong Constructions’ usage of illegal materials, is averting his eyes from Kim Seo Jin.

kairos5.jpg

Kim Seo Jin had been seen in agony as he remembered his memories from the future as well as the moment of despair when his daughter was kidnapped. How will this emotional change in Kim Seo Jin affect how the story unfolds?

The upcoming episode of “Kairos” airs November 30 at 9:20 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1440779wpp/shin-sung-rok-makes-an-uncharacteristic-move-in-kairos

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

I really hope the 2nd half is as amazing as the first half. Pleaseeeeeee~ fighting Kairos team!!! 

If they will keep it good until the end I will be more than pleased. I don`t even dare to be optimistic but I am still hoping. I had good experiences with newbie writers who surprised me in a good way. I always cheer for them. We need more good writers in kdramaland.  

• Like 4
  • Blob 2
17 minutes ago, larus said:

If they will keep it good until the end I will be more than pleased. I don`t even dare to be optimistic but I am still hoping. I had good experiences with newbie writers who surprised me in a good way. I always cheer for them. We need more good writers in kdramaland.  

I am very happy with ep1-8. The rookie PD-writer team did an amazing job establishing and wrapping up the 1st half. I'm hoping it will end well. I don't know what to expect with the 2nd half anymore. So much happened and also un-happened hahaha.

The kidnapping scene in ep 8 was so well directed and scored + acted. They managed to focus on > 9 characters scattered around the hotel and some where outside but it was seamless. It looked similar to the kidnapping in ep 1 but also different. The setting is the same but with additional characters and viewed from different angles. It was so thrilling to watch. Eventhough I can expect that Aeri would be caught, I was still on the edge of my seat through out the scene. Kudos to the team! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Lee Se Young Boldly Confronts Ahn Bo Hyun Amidst Rising Tension In “Kairos”

47bb730d6e2948b1ae40b573f4e2c750.jpeg?s=

Nov 30, 2020
by S. P

MBC’s “Kairos” has released new stills ahead of tonight’s episode!

“Kairos” is a “time-crossing fantasy thriller” about the interconnected fates of Kim Seo Jin (Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman who is searching for her missing mother. From Kim Seo Jin’s perspective, Han Ae Ri is living exactly one month in the past — but after the two miraculously communicate from their different times, they set out on a thrilling quest to save their missing loved ones.

Spoilers

Previously, Han Ae Ri witnessed Kim Seo Jin’s wife Kang Hyun Chae (Nam Gyu Ri) having an affair with Seo Do Kyun (Ahn Bo Hyun), Kim Seo Jin’s right-hand man. Additionally, she also knows that he is connected to Kim Seo Jin’s secretary Lee Taek Gyu (Jo Dong In), who has committed numerous murders. Viewers are expecting thrilling developments to take place after Seo Do Kyun saw the messages exchanged between Kim Seo Jin and Han Ae Ri.

In the midst of this, new stills show Han Ae Ri coming face-to-face with Seo Do Kyun and piercing him with a cold stare. As the only person who knows of Seo Do Kyun’s affair, it remains to be seen what the woman who previously stopped Kim Da Bin’s (Shim Hye Yeon’s) abduction will do next.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1440988wpp/lee-se-young-boldly-confronts-ahn-bo-hyun-amidst-rising-tension-in-kairos

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I was waiting to start watching this because I didn't want to suffer long time doing the weekly wait but this was so good and I couldn't help but binged watching at the end all 7 eps at once hahahaha.....and now I still have to wait every week for new eps!

On 11/26/2020 at 1:47 PM, larus said:

I don`t even interested about the detais of the time connection. But I am curious why the messages remain in Ae Ri`s phone even if the time events in the future have changed. It is the case of changing only the future and the past remains? And how Seo Jin is having flashes of the future events that were erassed/changed?

There is a strong connection between Ae ri and Seo jin. Things were not resolved. New problems will arise. To not forget....Lee Taek-Kyu is aparently under |Do Hyun`s orders but he is working independetly from him. Probably under the Chairman`s orders. I still have the CEO my number one suspect. :D

I can`t wait to watch the next episodes. My favorite airing show right now. 

I was thinking same too. If the kidnapping didn't happen in first place, the future SeoJin shouldn't exist anymore so how did current SeoJin gets flashes of that future? Or the show will assume that future still exists up until SeoJin turns to ashes?

Did AeRi's father do something to save SeoJin during the building collapse and told him to tell his daughter something before he died? Maybe SeoJin owes them something like that hence they have this connection?

Why didn't future SeoJin tell AeRi that his daughter will break something at the recital so maybe she can use that as a proof to the current SeoJin when that happened again?

I am familiar with all 4 leads having watched them on their previous dramas (NamGyuRi, it's been a long time since I saw her in 49Days). Now, this is my minor complain but I noticed it enough and was somewhat distracted while watching (and still loving the drama). Here, Lee See Young's character (AeRi) somehow always talks in out-of-breath mode (like grasping for air). Or dragging it out for nasal voice at the end of sentences (I can' really describe it). So weird and distracting  for me.

• Like 3

'Kairos' Ahn Bo-Hyun "Is the person I just called?"… Future X Past was connected with myself'Shock'

In'Kairos', Ahn Bo-hyun was shocked to talk to herself in the future.

On this day, Ari (played by Lee Se-young) got a call from Seo-jin (played by Shin Seong-rok), whose life was in danger.

Hyeon-chae (played by Nam Gyu-ri) checked the mysterious medicine box in Seo-jin's suit and was worried about the safety of Dabin (played by Shim Hye-yeon), but Seo-jin only said, "I know I will do it." Hyeon-chae stopped by the pharmacy the next day and inquired about the drug's identity.

In the meantime, Ari encountered Gunwook (played by Kang Seung-yoon) and Sujeong (played by Lee Joo-myeong). The two asked to block Seojin's contact,
Ari was only worried about the late Songja (played by Hwang Jung-min). Sujeong soothed Ari, saying, "My mother has contacted me, I will contact you again, proof that it is okay." Ari said, "I will only think about finding my mother," but she got tired.

Hyeonchae and Dogyun secretly met. Do-gyun becomes anxious that Seo-jin will check if Dabin has chips on his doll
"Just get rid of it, did you start working without that determination?" said Hyeon-chae. "After this work, I will live as a different person with a different name and birth, what are you afraid of, not afraid, not as desperate as I am."

Do-gyun tried to capture Hyeon-chae's heart by saying, "I've lived only looking at you all my life," and Hyeon-chae left, saying, "Then show me."
Han Chae, Do-gyun, and Han Chae, who were living together in the rooftop room, said to Do-gyun, "I'm tired of the fakes you give me, how long do I have to pretend to be real as fakes?" Was notified.

Do-gyun promised, "I will do everything you really want, do you believe me? I will make you really happy."
Hyeon-chae turned around saying, "Then show me." Do-gyun, who had such a trauma, turned around and looked at Hyeon-chae and clenched it, saying, "I'll show you somehow."

Hyeon-chae secretly stole Dabin's doll, and found a chip in it. In addition, she learned that the medicine Seojin is taking is medicine for depression and anxiety disorders.

That evening, Hyeon-chae witnessed Seojin taking medicine while showing signs of anxiety. Then she smiled strangely. The next day, Hyeon-chae found the hospital records in Seo-jin's study.

At the same time, Seojin went to the hospital where Jinho (Gyupil) is. Seojin said he was sorry to Jinho, but Jinho was angry, saying, "If it came out like this earlier, I didn't pretend to hear it in the meantime." Seojin said, "I'm also a victim of the Taejeong Town collapse accident," and that his father was also sacrificed.
(Google translate)

more https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2020/11/30/PXR5JPYXG4OXQCUJ4QBIXI5XYE/

Stills

BF.24572764.1.jpg

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/2020113055844

1ZALX89TSF_1.jpg

http://www.topdaily.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=82691

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Welcome @cuplik and YES soo addictive isn't it? So refreshing.

@larus YESSSSSSH I so agree these newbie rookie writers are AMAZING. I love that the usual tropes are not used and we are SOOOO kept on our toes with every plot twist and episode

At lunch (late one) at work and just had to chime in. I finally watched both episodes last Monday as last week was a bit crazier than normal for me. OHHHH so good. Glad that they did two episodes instead of making us wait again for one episode. YES. Thank you.

@Jillia  and @katakwasabi Thanks for today's clips and the preview for tomorrow.

I found other clips 

look under spoiler tag 

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Oh Lord please don't let this drama go down the drain the way the Alice Drama did!

I like it, but it should end after 12 episodes. Anything more than that will lead to silliness similar to the silliness of the last 5 minutes of today's episode. The writer is trying to fill in time.

I already have trust issues with Rookie writers especially ones dealing with time bending.

• Like 2

Ahn Bo Hyun Is Desperate To Keep Nam Gyu Ri By His Side In “Kairos”

b54ac4c33e7649c7a9dda65502b06eb3.jpeg?s=

Dec 1, 2020
by L. Kim

MBC’s “Kairos” has released new stills ahead of tonight’s episode!

“Kairos” is a “time-crossing fantasy thriller” about the interconnected fates of Kim Seo Jin (Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman who is searching for her missing mother. From Kim Seo Jin’s perspective, Han Ae Ri is living exactly one month in the past – but after the two miraculously communicate from their different times, they set out on a thrilling quest to save their missing loved ones.

Spoilers

Previously, the future Seo Do Kyun (Ahn Bo Hyun) broke down in devastation after seeing a dead Kang Hyun Chae (Nam Gyu Ri). He also intercepted Kim Seo Jin’s call from Han Ae Ri, and through talking to his past self, he experienced a “time-crossing” moment.

In the midst of this, new stills show Seo Do Kyun clinging onto Kang Hyun Chae’s hand. He gazes at her with nervous eyes, and she looks up at him with an unreadable expression.

ahn-bo-hyun-nam-gyu-ri-31.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1441181wpp/ahn-bo-hyun-is-desperate-to-keep-nam-gyu-ri-by-his-side-in-kairos

• Like 2
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] Kairos, 카이로스