larus

Okay so reading the comments above, I think almost all had felt that the wife was having an affair, and it was not just me thinking about it. I mean it was quite easy to predict it. Since episode 1, I never felt as if the main couple were really in love. It seemed like they were going on because of the child. But well, even though I had serious doubts about her affair, and also got some ideas about the secretary having some feelings for her seeing the way he looked at the photos, I didn't see them having an affair. But well, it was some good twist here. 

I do feel like Do Bin is still alive, and so is Hyun Chae. But I do see the writer playing a smart game here. They can keep them dead, and then show they end up alive because of something Ae Ri did in the past, or just reveal that they were alive all along. Anyway, I think it is the later. We didn't see either of them die, didn't see Hyung Chae jump down, and her body was not found too, although she sure was quite depressed by the death news of her daughter. But I do see that something is missing in the puzzle here, I will have to go back and FF through the 4 episodes again, but I feel like one important info is being missed here. 

I also do agree with the theory that Seo Jin and Ae Ri are connected because of her father. The number he is using currently was actually her father's number, which he got recently. I am now more interested in the disaster that had happened. Seo Jin seems to be having PTSD because of it too. But it does seem like that the company is part of some serious corruption here. 

What I am loving is, one seed of doubt by Ae Ri, led to Seo Jin in the past start investigating things. The President/chairman the old guy is also not really someone who can be trusted though. This dude will put his company before anyone, and he could actually be the guy who will discard Seo Jin if things start going South. But deep down I do hope he is the good guy they are showing (which is never the case). That old dude called himself and the secretary to be the only ones on Seo Jin's side, and soon after we see Do Kyun to not really be on Seo Jin's side. 

Coming to the driver, I still don't know why he chased Ae Ri and her friend that way. I do understand he could have met with Jin Ho because of the protests he was doing, and could actually have provoked him in doing the protest and also provoked him against Seo Jin. But Jin Ho suddenly asking Ae Ri to come inside, was really very unusual here. You can't just kill someone who came to meet and speak about her mom, or something else. Same is the case with her second murder happening in Do Kyun's apartment. Yes she did witness the affair, but then killing her there, would make Do Kyun the prime suspect, which I doubt happened. Same was the case with Jin Ho. The police didn't know he was the killer, but on proper investigation, wouldn't they know who the last resident when the murder happened? 

I am overall loving the sudden surge of memories coming to Seo Jin. I was wondering how things would happen when Ae Ri would do something in the past, and it has shown quite properly. But I do see some of their actions leading to some new unwanted events also happening.

But, why do I feel like there is another pair too who are connected through phone here? I know chances of it happening are lower, but the way Lee Tae Kyu chased Ae Ri with the intentions of harming her, means he knows something here. Plus the overall mother's disappearance is also connected with Yujung Constructions too. But well I do admit that even I have doubts about this theory. 

Also the fact that Jin Ho met up with Lee Tae Kyu almost one month before, I really think that he is not alone in Da Bin's kidnapping, and could actually be a scapegoat here. They could have easily used his feelings of revenge against Seo Jin, and could have promised him to do whatever they tell him, like calling Seo Jin, even confessing to it, with the promise of bringing Seo Jin down using it. That's why I feel like Da Bin and Hyun Chae are alive, and could be used to pressurize Seo Jin in the future maybe. But this dude Jin Ho, is not the only one in Da Bin's kidnapping, and there sure is someone behind him who has done the actual stuff here. 

I also wonder are Seo Jin and Ae Ri supposed to meet in present time or not? She was imprisoned first, and then when Seo Jin stopped her from murdering that guy, she was dead in his timeline, and dead again when he stopped the first one. So far, it has been really hard for them to have met. Let us see whether it will happen in coming episodes or not. But I do see Ae Ri getting into more danger as she continuously will dig around to prevent Da Bin being kidnapped.

On 11/3/2020 at 10:28 PM, larus said:

I am really curious why Kim Jin Ho visited Ae Ri`s mother at the hospital the day she disappeared. I did not expected that.

Could it because even Ae Ri's dad was a victim of foul play by Yujung Constructions? He could have gone to either ask for details about it, or maybe to ask her to join him in protest (this is less likely). But I think he did visit her because of her husband. 

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@msaamia OOH I saw Repeat 365 due to loving the ML in that drama. I can see some glimmers of it but not the same as not everyone is KNOWINGLY going to the past to correct wrongs etc. But that was a great drama and not boring at all.

Love seeing you here @Sleepy Owl always appreciate your thoughtful write ups. You cover alot of ground that I definitely can see where your thoughts are leading. I feel they make sense and definitely am curious. LOL on the bit about the old man in the company. I TOO don't trust him for a minute. He will dump our ML in a pinch if the company is harmed. As you pointed out and I agree wholeheartedly he already had the assistant watch our ML and even threaten him when refusing to hand his cell phone back to him thus missing out talking to Ae Ri. 

Yeah, we could all feel that the ML and his wife were definitely not a warm lovey dovey marriage it was all for more show. Plus sad to see that it was true she was having an affair. I too felt when the assistant looked at pics or looked the wife there was a hot extra second too long that caused some concern/curiosity and suspicion on my part.

Def look forward to next week's episode. Such great acting and like it is keeping us on our toes.

ep 5 preview

BTS love watching these as we wait for next week 

clips from the drama  this week ep 4

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Nodame said:

Love seeing you here @Sleepy Owl always appreciate your thoughtful write ups. You cover alot of ground that I definitely can see where your thoughts are leading. I feel they make sense and definitely am curious. LOL on the bit about the old man in the company. I TOO don't trust him for a minute. He will dump our ML in a pinch if the company is harmed. As you pointed out and I agree wholeheartedly he already had the assistant watch our ML and even threaten him when refusing to hand his cell phone back to him thus missing out talking to Ae Ri. 

Yeah, we could all feel that the ML and his wife were definitely not a warm lovey dovey marriage it was all for more show. Plus sad to see that it was true she was having an affair. I too felt when the assistant looked at pics or looked the wife there was a hot extra second too long that caused some concern/curiosity and suspicion on my part.

Hey there Chingu, glad to see you here too. As for the secretary, I wonder if he is directly involved in Han Ae Ri's murder or not. When the phone rang and he snatched it, he looked a bit shocked after seeing the screen and said "Han Ae Ri" in a bit of surprised manner. Of course there could be several Han Ae Ri, but I am sure his mind went to that Han Ae Ri. Now I don't really know is it because she was killed in his apartment, or because she contacted him one month ago, but right now I am a bit confused over her murder. Of course it will not happen, but I am still not over the fact that how the secretary was not in the suspects' list if a body was found in his apartment. Maybe we'll get to see why it is this way. 

As for wife and him, I really wonder whether Han Ae Ri will tell ML about it or not. Currently it might seem to be not appropriate time to inform him, but I think she needs to tell him about it. Because well, they might not really be involved in the kidnapping case (secretary could be though), but I think ML would get to know more things which he didn't know, which could lead to some useful info. Let's see on Monday whether she will tell him about it or not. But one thing is confirmed here that, the more she is getting involved, more her life is getting in danger. 

Also thank you for sharing the BTS, it is always fun to watch them and see the actors enjoying and having fun even while doing some really serious scenes.

Ok.  So let me try again.  I don't know when Seo Jin texted Ae Ri but due to the fact that he texted her and stopped her from ringing the bell (and I still need to know why she would want to), she was saved from being murdered.  Therefore, the scene right afterward in September when she called him, the change already got reflected and she was no longer murdered (or not murdered at that moment by spec boy.)  At this point, it seems to me that Ae Ri's life is on the line for getting involved with Seo Jin.  She will get herself killed one way or the other.  This ship of mine is serious trouble.

Having said all that, I do like the fact that they're getting a little more personal, a little more intimate and soft with each other on a spiritual level.  Expressing worries and concerns for each other.  Then we have Ae Ri's father connection with Seo Jin somehow.  Hmmm.  The ultimate plot twist:

Spoiler

Ae Ri:  You killed my father.

Seo Jin:  I am your father.

Ae Ri:  Noooooooooooooooooooooooo....

Me:  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....

2 hours ago, Shinobu said:

The ultimate plot twist:

Reveal hidden contents

Ae Ri:  You killed my father.

Seo Jin:  I am your father.

Ae Ri:  Noooooooooooooooooooooooo....

Me:  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....

Hahahaha. No. Imo this plot twist is impossible and doesn't make narrative sense. There's a higher chance they are siblings rather than they are father-daughter hahahaha.

I don't want either of that to happen because after ep 4, I like Seojin-Aeri pair. I was on the fence before because he has a wife and also love-lines in timetravel dramas are icky. But SJ and AR somehow match, they are each other virtual support system and I really want them to eventually meet with their memories intact.

I like Kairos making scenes. It's so fun to watch. And I like that they also include the scene from the drama itself, the contrast between the fun filming site and the heavy drama is remarkable. The cast and crew seem to have so much fun on set, the director is funny and friendly, no wonder they teased him during the pressconference hahaha.

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

Hahahaha. No. Imo this plot twist is impossible and doesn't make narrative sense. There's a higher chance they are siblings rather than they are father-daughter hahahaha.

I don't want either of that to happen because after ep 4, I like Seojin-Aeri pair. I was on the fence before because he has a wife and also love-lines in timetravel dramas are icky. But SJ and AR somehow match, they are each other virtual support system and I really want them to eventually meet with their memories intact.

I like Kairos making scenes. It's so fun to watch. And I like that they also include the scene from the drama itself, the contrast between the fun filming site and the heavy drama is remarkable. The cast and crew seem to have so much fun on set, the director is funny and friendly, no wonder they teased him during the pressconference hahaha.

I honestly like them too. They seem to be caring people even though Seo Jin lost his caring self while trying to work to get success. This can happened to anyone and he reminds me alot of my dad. My dad always was into to work (still is LOL) but often told me and sisters that he wants us to grow up fast but now he says that he wished we were still kids. I feel bad for Seo Jin but he seems like he has upset alot of people in the past. Lets see what happens. 

2 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

I admit I'm always tempted to use these Stars Wars classic lines in my jokes.  I can't help my damn self.

Kairos: Episodes 3-4 Open Thread

by Laica

Kairos3-4-00029.jpg

With all the groundwork laid last week, these episodes plunge Seo-jin and Ae-ri immediately into an increasingly dangerous race against time. Things are getting more complicated as Ae-ri tries to change Seo-jin’s past, and they begin to realize that even those closest to them are hiding secrets. As they each try in their own way to track down leads, the stakes are rising, danger encroaches, and it seems they’ve got even less of a window to solve this than they thought.

EPISODES 3-4 WEECAP

Kairos3-4-00015.jpgKairos3-4-00012.jpg

Kim Jin-ho, who blames Seo-jin for the amusement park accident that killed his daughter, grudgingly gives the police information about how he killed Da-bin and where he left her body; they recover only her clothes and teddy.

Seeing Seo-jin have to face all that was about as brutal as I was expecting, and I still wasn’t ready to actually experience it. Huge and endless props to Shin Sung-rok for his incredible, heartbreaking performance here—I was almost worried he was about to keel over a few times.

Then there’s Ae-ri’s mom, whose mysterious visitor was Kim Jin-ho after all, as I speculated last week. Once Ae-ri makes that connection, she’s even more determined to hunt him down, and she has not one but two narrow escapes from murder. (I do have one complaint: why does she always go to suspicious addresses alone at night, right before her daily call with Seo-jin?! At least go in with updated intel!)

The first time, Kim Jin-ho would have killed her if it weren’t for Seo-jin’s timely warning to Gun-wook, who had Ae-ri’s phone. Although Seo-jin’s assistant LEE TAEK-KYU (Cho Dong-in) certainly has sufficient murder eyes too, and he’s clearly marked Ae-ri on his Villain To-Do List now.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/11/kairos-episodes-3-4-open-thread/

First post here. And lemme first share how much I love this drama. Loved the pacing and attention to details they have given to set apart the time lines(like the rain in ep3) and let's talk about about the twists..woah.. they kept me on the edge of my seat. 

Btw it's obvious that the secretary is jealous of seo-jin' s success. Maybe the motive stems from there?  He does look like he is tired of being a subordinate to seo-jin who is more capable and successful than him. And saying that he  orchestrated the kidnap by using kim jin ho, manipulated the construction project and stole everything from seo-jin due to jealousy would be absurd. There must be a stronger motive. One that binds all the villains in this drama. 

Some observations - 

1. The baby sitter still looks sketchy as hell to me. Her cheerfully watching tv just days after the child she cared for is missing just doesn't sit well. C'mon this is the same lady who claimed that Da Bin liked her more than her mother. 

2. The wifey and the secretary shared strange looks at the hospital. Wouldn't be surprised if she played all along and came out alive. 

3. When  Ae-ri  last saw Da Bin she was waving at someone. I guess the kid was with someone she knew and probably wandered into the store. 

Shin Sung Rok Desperately Interrogates Go Kyu Pil To Find Out The Truth In “Kairos”

de50e691ab73415fa0984578b2463718.jpeg?s=

Nov 9, 2020
by L. Kim

MBC’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Kairos” released new stills of Shin Sung Rok and Go Kyu Pil!

“Kairos” is a “time-crossing fantasy thriller” about the interconnected fates of Kim Seo Jin (Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman who is searching for her missing mother. From Kim Seo Jin’s perspective, Han Ae Ri is living exactly one month in the past – but after the two miraculously communicate from their different times, they set out on a thrilling quest to save their missing loved ones.

Spoilers

Previously, Kim Jin Ho (played by Go Kyu Pil) confessed that he kidnapped Kim Seo Jin’s daughter Kim Da Bin (played by Shim Hye Yeon) daughter. The motive for the crime was the death of his child due to the illegal use of materials by Yoojung Construction. When Han Ae Ri visited Kim Jin Ho’s house in the past, she witnessed Kim Seo Jin’s secretary Lee Taek Gyu (played by Jo Dong In) there, which hints that he may be an accomplice in the kidnapping.

In the newly released stills, Kim Seo Jin visits Kim Jin Ho in prison. The two face each other with rising tension, and viewers are curious about their conversation. Kim Seo Jin questions Kim Jin Ho with a determined face, while Kim Jin Ho stares at him with confusion, doubt, and fear. Will Kim Seo Jin be able to find another clue about the real culprit behind his daughter’s kidnapping case?

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1436663wpp/shin-sung-rok-desperately-interrogates-go-kyu-pil-to-find-out-the-truth-in-kairos

Ahn Bo Hyun And Nam Gyu Ri Face Each Other With Completely Different Expressions In “Kairos”

e273a7ecf9804b0fa686960cb3fc80e1.jpeg?s=

Nov 10, 2020
by L. Kim

MBC’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Kairos” has revealed new stills of Ahn Bo Hyun and Nam Gyu Ri!

The “time-crossing fantasy thriller” is about the interconnected fates of Kim Seo Jin (Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman who is searching for her missing mother. From Kim Seo Jin’s perspective, Han Ae Ri is living exactly one month in the past – but after the two miraculously communicate from their different times, they set out on a thrilling quest to save their missing loved ones.

Ahn Bo Hyun plays Kim Seo Jin’s right-hand man Seo Do Kyun, while Nam Gyu Ri stars as Kim Seo Jin’s wife Kang Hyun Chae.

Spoilers

Previously on “Kairos,” it was revealed that Seo Do Kyun and Kang Hyun Chae, the two people Kim Seo Jin trusted in the most, were having an affair behind his back.

Today’s episode will depict the first meeting of Seo Do Kyun and Kang Hyun Chae. The two characters crossed paths by coincidence, but they soon became deeply absorbed in each other. This raises questions as to why Kang Hyun Chae chose to marry Kim Seo Jin instead of Seo Do Kyun.

In the new stills, Seo Do Kyun and Kang Hyun Chae meet in an ambivalent atmosphere. Kang Hyun Chae smiles brightly up at Seo Do Kyun, but he looks anxious as he stands before her, leading viewers to wonder about the complex details of their relationship.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1436958wpp/ahn-bo-hyun-and-nam-gyu-ri-face-each-other-with-completely-different-expressions-in-kairos

I get that the wife is a really manipulative person and that she has spec boy all wrapped around her pinky.  But really, why the kidnap and death plot.  Does she want to live as a dead person in society?  This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I like that right after main guy gets out, he immediately called and asked about the murder just to make sure main gal was okay.  (I think.  I'm guessing.)  He will soon realize she's the only ally he has since all the people around him are out to stab him in the back.  But why?

What an episode, episode 5 was. Wow, I am totally loving how the story is moving forward, the pace is really good. Much better than I expected it to be paced, and the timing of revealing things and the cliffhanger. Dramas like this, really make me wonder "I should have left it for binge-watching", but then again, I'd have to wait that long, and also miss out the discussions on it here. But this is really the type of drama I would love to binge-watch. If it really continues like this and does have a satisfying ending, I might binge watch it later on.

Anyway back to the episode. So the affair between Hyun Chae and Do Kyun is not really a simple one. It cannot be simply connected to her married life being in a slump, which could have led to the affair. So as the episode showed, they go way back to 2008, which is 12 years ago. We still don't know much about her Hyun Chae's life. She did play piano in pub, but the address she said her home was in was actually a posh area. Of course it is not confirmed whether she was serious about it or not, but it could be she is really from a rich family, but playing in pub could also mean she had problems with her family and wanted to be independent (if she is from rich family). So as I said, since they go way back, I want to see whether she married Seo Jin because she wanted to, or was it her family who set her up with him.

Forgetting about them for sometime, the only person who is genuinely worried about Seo Jin and wants to help him is actually Ae Ri, who has not really met the Seo Jin she is speaking to and vice versa. And this actually shows how alone Seo Jin really is in his life. By the looks of it, he sure was a strict boss, but a good one. He was an honest employee in the company too. But no one around him is trustworthy, no one from Do Kyun to Hyun Chae is really loyal to him here. 

I also loved that they sort of gave the answer to my last question in my previous posts. That is Ae Ri really got murdered in Do Kyun's apartment, then why is he not arrested, turns out it is the driver's apartment (or so it seems, maybe someone could clarify whether I missed something or not). I still think Do Kyun;s agenda being after Seo Jin is sort of weak, even if he is involved in the sub-par materials being used. we'll get more answers behind his reason and also the driver, who seems to be working for him. 

Kudos to all those who just like me had predicted that Hyun Chae and Da Bin are still alive. Got to admit I didn't really expect to see them like this, but well by the looks of it, everything was staged since the beginning. And it actually makes me feel more sorry for Seo Jin. Was Hyun Chae's plan with the staged suicide, to make Seo Jin also take his life? Of course her primary objective was to disappear, but was the secondary one Seo Jin being dead? I wouldn't be surprised if it is also the case. I don't know about others, but I kind of have some serious doubts on who really is Da Bin's dad here. Is Kim Seo Jin or is the Hyun Chae's lover Do Kyun? I personally feel like the drama Gods will not be that harsh but you never know. Although it does not really take away the fact that whoever the dad is, Seo Jin is her dad.

Now I don't really know what both Do Kyun and Hyun Chae are trying to pull here. Is it really just because she wanted to leave him? She could easily do it. Well it would not be that easy to go through divorce and get the custody of kid, but well pulling off a stunt like that means there is more to it. Seeing her reaction with the overall Da Bin's kidnapping, I do think she didn't know about it or maybe she is just good at acting, I'd go with the former one right now. I think Do Kyun told her about the overall plan in the hospital. We'll see whether she was took part in planning things or not. 

And was that Ae Ri's mom hanging? So his driver killed her and now looking at the preview, Seo Jin is the suspect now. Talking about the chairman dude, I don't really trust this guy. By the looks of it he does look to be worried about Seo Jin, but then again I think all the incidents regarding Yujung Constructions, will lead back to him. Looking forward to the next episode.

So wife is from a rich family it seems and she's manipulating these men for fun?  Her beef with her husband must be him ignoring her instead of kissing the ground she walks on or something.

Ae Ri's father was the man who saved Seo Jin?  How the building kind of cracked so rapidly and came down like it was imploding was so cartoonish.  But anyways, the plot seems to be very predictable but it makes little sense at this point.  But I shall hang on for my ship.

I must say as of watching rn: hyunchae is a coward.
Why go someone go so far to emotionally traumatize the guy when you could've just straight up talked about it like people and demand a divorce. I get that seojin wasn't a good husband and she felt suffocated in the marriage, but at least the guy was faithful. Wowr... All that meticulous planning to fake her death and dalbin's just so she can leave.

Maybe she's got her reasons for staying like:the old seojin would've threatened her livelihood/wanting to keep her marital benefits/or smth, but if she's not happy then she should've said something. Even a custody battle would be easier than this. 

In the earlier episodes, I never suspected she would be in the same category as those Yujung co. kidnapping gang. I was like why would aeri die at the apartment when dokyun's in there with hyunchae? Now I get it. Cursing myself for being a simpleton and falling for hyunchae's innocence because i'm still living on 49 Days.

I don't get what she and the glasses secretary gain from this - they would've been better off murdering seojin because that would've saved them plenty time. It's like they've got really extreme psychopathic tendencies being entertained by watching people slowly deprive themselves of life.

Archived