larus

Watch: Shin Sung Rok, Lee Se Young, And More Share Their First Day On The Set Of “Kairos”

629a27a8e41941a6b84e31ffef6ca3ae.jpeg?s=

Oct 31, 2020
by L. Kim

MBC’s new drama “Kairos” has unveiled its first making-of video!

“Kairos” is a “time-crossing fantasy thriller” about the interconnected fates of Kim Seo Jin (played by Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman who is searching for her missing mother. From Kim Seo Jin’s perspective, Han Ae Ri is living exactly one month in the past -but after the two miraculously communicate from their different times, they set out on a thrilling quest to save their missing loved ones.

The video shows Shin Sung Rok discussing various scenes with the director and laughing brightly with his co-stars.

Shin Sung Rok says, “I was really looking forward to the first day of filming. It had been postponed for a while, but thanks to that, I was able to prepare for my role without rushing. The first day on set was pretty relaxing, so rather than being nervous, I actually felt calm and stable. I’m very happy.” The actor praised the creative script and expressed his excitement to see how the drama will play out.

shin-sung-rok1.jpg

Then the video shares a glimpse of Lee Se Young laughing and conversing with WINNER’s Kang Seung Yoon and Lee Joo Myung during breaktime. In the interview, the actress jokingly compares the hot weather to hell (they filmed during the extremely hot summer) and comments, “But thanks to the chemistry with the staff and the teamwork with my co-workers, the set was overflowing with love, and I was able to safely finish the first day of filming.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1434926wpp/watch-shin-sung-rok-lee-se-young-and-more-share-their-first-day-on-the-set-of-kairos

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shin Sung Rok And Lee Se Young Come Across More Crises In “Kairos”

2cc73acbda0b44a1848151b76b04e418.jpeg?s=

Nov 1, 2020
by U. Kim

MBC’s “Kairos” has shared a glimpse of episode 3!

“Kairos” is a “time-crossing fantasy thriller” about the interconnected fates of Kim Seo Jin (Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman who is searching for her missing mother. From Kim Seo Jin’s perspective, Han Ae Ri is living exactly one month in the past -but after the two miraculously communicate from their different times, they set out on a thrilling quest to save their missing loved ones.

Spoilers

Previously in “Kairos,” Kim Seo Jin’ s young daughter was kidnapped, and his wife Kang Hyun Chae (Nam Gyu Ri) jumped into the Han River from the shock. Han Ae Ri was swindled out of the money she was saving up for her mother’s surgery, and she was devastated when her mother even went missing. Kim Seo Jin and Han Ae Ri somehow became able to talk to each other through their phones, and they figured out that their times only overlap for exactly one minute at 10:33. With this information, they begin their first steps of working together. Meanwhile, Kim Jin Ho (Go Kyu Pil) turned himself in as the culprit behind the kidnapping.

New stills show the two protagonists’ facial expressions. Kim Seo Jin looks as anxious as the time he lost his family, making viewers wonder what kind of tragedy he is faced with this time and why he’s continuing to stand in the rain in the fearful situation.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1435115wpp/shin-sung-rok-and-lee-se-young-come-across-more-crises-in-kairos

Shin Sung Rok Questions So Hee Jung About His Daughter’s Kidnapper In “Kairos”

9aec320cf2524a8497ef60b915e97148.jpeg?s=

Nov 2, 2020
by S. Nam

MBC’s “Kairos” released new stills of Shin Sung Rok and So Hee Jung!

“Kairos” is a “time-crossing fantasy thriller” about the interconnected fates of Kim Seo Jin (Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman who is searching for her missing mother. From Kim Seo Jin’s perspective, Han Ae Ri is living exactly one month in the past—but after the two miraculously communicate from their different times, they set out on a thrilling quest to save their missing loved ones.

Spoiler

Previously, Kim Seo Jin learned that making a different choice in the past will change the future. Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), who was locked up in a detention center for murdering Im Gun Wook (WINNER’s Kang Seung Yoon), managed to change her fate as well as her admission records. However, tensions rose again when a mysterious man named Kim Jin Ho (Go Kyu Pil) suddenly appeared at the police station and confessed to Kim Da Bin’s (Shim Hye Yeon’s) kidnapping.

In the newly released stills, Kim Seo Jin looks rushed as he presents a picture of Kim Jin Ho to Jung Hye Kyung (So Hee Jung). Suspicion grows as Jung Hye Kyung smiles back mysteriously. As the babysitter who spent the most time with Kim Seo Jin’s daughter, viewers are becoming increasingly suspicious of her while hoping for more clues.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1435285wpp/shin-sung-rok-questions-so-hee-jung-about-his-daughters-kidnapper-in-kairos

Kairos`Lee Se-young is being overpowered by the bodyguards, and it attracts attention.

1ZA93GI9VX_1.jpg

In the third episode of MBC's monthly mini-series'Kairos' (played by Lee Soo-hyun / director Park Seung-woo), broadcast on the 2nd, Lee Se-young (playing Han Ae-ri) is going to Yoo Joong Construction, where Shin Seong-rok (playing Kim Seo-jin) works.

Earlier, Han Ae-ri did not believe Kim Seo-jin's words that he was living a month later, but when the lottery number he sent was won, he asked him to find his missing mother. Seojin Kim first suggested that he meet himself in the past, suggesting that an interesting story is foreshadowed.

In the midst of this, the appearance of Han Ae-ri being blocked by the bodyguards arouses regret. There must have been a lot of worries about how to explain the “opportunity” to Seojin Kim, which was difficult even for himself to believe. Moreover, since Seojin Kim was a character who was unable to tolerate even the smallest mistakes hisdaughter made, it raises questions about what kind of persuasion Han Aeri prepared for.

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsVIew/1ZA93GI9VX

Lee Se Young Desperately Tries To Persuade Shin Sung Rok In “Kairos”

69a71e43113b41bfb8e5acd5325ea8d0.jpeg?s=

Nov 3, 2020
by S. Nam

MBC’s “Kairos” released new stills of Lee Se Young and Shin Sung Rok!

“Kairos” is a “time-crossing fantasy thriller” about the interconnected fates of Kim Seo Jin (Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman who is searching for her missing mother. From Kim Seo Jin’s perspective, Han Ae Ri is living exactly one month in the past—but after the two miraculously communicate from their different times, they set out on a thrilling quest to save their missing loved ones.

Spoiler

Previously, Han Ae Ri visited Kim Seo Jin at his company, but he treated her like a crazy person and kicked her out. The Kim Seo Jin living one month in the future once again asked Han Ae Ri to visit his past self to persuade him.

In the new stills, Han Ae Ri visits Kim Seo Jin again and desperately trying to persuade him. Unlike the broken Kim Seo Jin who has lost his daughter and wife in the future, the past Kim Seo Jin appears cold-hearted, making viewers wonder what response he’ll have towards Han Ae Ri’s persuasion.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1435580wpp/lee-se-young-desperately-tries-to-persuade-shin-sung-rok-in-kairos

Kairos at no 5 in buzzworthy drama list for 5th week of Oct

The reviews are positive as of ep 3....but the ratings though :criesariver:. I don't think the ratings will change much in future weeks, so I hope the plot remains tight and reviews remain positive until the end. Kairos fighting!

Lee Se Young Desperately Tries To Persuade Shin Sung Rok In “Kairos”

69a71e43113b41bfb8e5acd5325ea8d0.jpeg?s=

Nov 3, 2020
by S. Nam

MBC’s “Kairos” released new stills of Lee Se Young and Shin Sung Rok!

Spoiler

Previously, Han Ae Ri visited Kim Seo Jin at his company, but he treated her like a crazy person and kicked her out. The Kim Seo Jin living one month in the future once again asked Han Ae Ri to visit his past self to persuade him.

In the new stills, Han Ae Ri visits Kim Seo Jin again and desperately trying to persuade him. Unlike the broken Kim Seo Jin who has lost his daughter and wife in the future, the past Kim Seo Jin appears cold-hearted, making viewers wonder what response he’ll have towards Han Ae Ri’s persuasion.

Shin-Sung-Rok-Lee-Se-Young-3.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1435580wpp/lee-se-young-desperately-tries-to-persuade-shin-sung-rok-in-kairos

This drama started off with intense plot and storyline was easy to follow. The different in timeline was only one month ahead. The storytelling so far is impeccable and very creative,  made it clear and precise the transition between present and past. I must say all the actors performed excellently at their respective roles, including the script, editing, and directing. Especially, the male lead Shin Sung Rok had beautifully portrayed the frantic Kim Seo Jin, expressing all kinds of emotions before and after the incident. 

So far i was impressed by this drama, especially when I was just recalling the recent finished drama , "ALICE", the same about the time-crossing, but this drama made it even more relatable and thrilling. Again, if crossing the timeline to amend the mistakes in the past, there’s always a consequence to pay off.  Both leads can only communicate with each other for 1 minute on certain timing (10:33 ~ 10.34) every day. The restricted communication timeline can drive us crazy but isn't it making the drama more thrilling and exciting? If they do not have enough time to talk, use TEXT which will be more convenience and useful sometimes.

The current suspect list that involved in her daughter missing :

1. Seo Do-Kyun (Yujung Construction -The male lead assistant manager)
  2. Jung Hye-Kyeong (the Nanny)
  3. Kim Jin-Ho (the murderer)
  4. Who else?
  5. I love the male lead beautiful wife but went missing, couldn't find her body. I suspect she and Seo Do-Kyun may have something going on in the past since the husband was always so busy in office. Or Seo Do-Kyun likes and cares for his wife a lot based on the way he looked at the wife.

Let's wait for next EP - more story to unfold....

Hello,

I watched it last week with the premiere and I have to say it is a nail biter and seeing my fave Shin Seung Rok as the workaholic and top executive Seo Jin back as a lead. (I loved his evilness in Last Empress alot)

Lee Se Young as Han Ae Ri shouldn't be able to meet Seo Jin. The phone thing is interesting how they are connected briefly despite being in different times. (I did not watch ALICE or VOICE ). But I agree with @Shinobu Ae Ri doesn't do so hot communicating with Seo Jin from the future.

I like there are consequences and you see them happen. But still yikes. You avoid one thing to gain a new thing.

Winners Kang Sung Yoon as Gun Wook is good. I cannot blame Ae Ri feeling betrayed by him to take her money for her mother's surgery to pay off his debt. Despite wronging her and she gave him grief to try to sell his home to pay him off. She is a bleeding heart and so kind saying what about your mom/grandmother who saved the money to buy and pay it off to make his life a bit easier

Ahn Bo Hyun as Do Kyun, I am curious about him and more about relationship with his boss and work. We know he is good and able. I feel he has an agenda and working hard to achieve it but we don't know well yet how he is as a person.

Hi @Jillia and @larus thanks for always posting goodies.

@lebeaucouple Thanks for your post alot, I agree with your guesses.

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

Unfortunately ratings are not that great. :( But I think we can all enjoy it when we like it still.

I don`t care about the ratings but it is unfair that good dramas are underapreciated. Well, I will enjoy this drama regardless.

So Kim Jin Ho really killed Da Bin? They still don`t find the body so I still hope it is not true. I want her to be alive even if I know that Seo Jin and Ae Ri will find a way to reverse everything. I thought that he confessed hust to grab the attention from the police and media but it was not the case. But I am still confused with this man.  I am really curious why Kim Jin Ho visited Ae Ri`s mother at the hospital the day she disappeared. I did not expected that.

First Ae Ri was arrested and now she is dead. She has to be alive because she is the only hope of Seo Jin. I know she will get the message in time or she will be cautious.

I believe that Kim Jin Ho was right about the company and Seo Jin will discover dirty things about his own company.

I am ready for the next episode.

I need to understand why would Han Ae Ri wants to ring the damn bell after seeing the wife entered the apt in another man's arms.  And if she was killed in the apt and the apt was rented by spec boy, surely he would have gotten in trouble.

2 hours ago, Shinobu said:

I need to understand why would Han Ae Ri wants to ring the damn bell after seeing the wife entered the apt in another man's arms.  And if she was killed in the apt and the apt was rented by spec boy, surely he would have gotten in trouble.

right? could it be rented in someone else name ? idk but even so with the cctv  they both would be exposed 

a plot hole!

:wub:@Nodame my dear chingu, so glad to see you here in this thread.

Don't spend time to watch "ALICE" if you have too many on your plates. The time travel transition between multiverse/different dimensions depicted not as clear as this current drama. You may be disappointed after watching Alice. You can read more review on this "ALICE" from other forum.

For this Kairos drama, the transition between the 2 timelines is extremely well arranged, it doesn't create any confusion. Every little details was meticulously planned. Of course, my first guess was correct that Seo Do-Kyun and Kang Hyun-Chae had an affair. But i think the wife may not have involved in the kidnapping idea, otherwise she would not be committed suicide and left with a note saying it was all her faults.

The writer has created one month gap of timeline to make changes on several events thru both leads, such as avoiding Han Ae-Ri from going to jail and death. The timeline is very short, will these changes lead to another outcome?

Some interesting discovery and finding :

If we know something bad will happen in future, most of the time, we will try to tell the person concerned to avoid it, but the fact that Han Ae-Ri went to approach Kim Seo-Jin and talked about it in front of his wife and even KSJ's driver noticed that, the culprit initially, may not have planned the kidnapping of the child, but may in fact have given them some ideas to take action. Somehow, the leads' actions and decisions may be the causes of the final result?

What we know both leads coincidental events are connected to Yujung Construction, (the culprit already known), there will be more unfold to share, such as why only can communicate at 10.33pm? Is there any symbolize or special meaning to it? Let' see.

Kairos.... So good. I loved episode 4. The writer kept me the whole time on the edge om my seat.

I admit that I thought about the the wife having an affair scenario but I did not wanted to say anything until we had prove. So indeed she had an affair. Then her death could be an act too. The fact that someone from Yujin construction (Seo Jin`s driver or whatever he was) Lee Taek-Kyu met precisely the one who kidnapped Da Bin it was very suspisious. Now we discover that Seo Do-Kyun and Hyun-Chae had an affair. I thought that he liked Hyun Chae when he looked at the family photo in the last episode but their relationship was more than that. At this point, the fact that Da Bin or Hyun Chae`s bodies were not found, I have serious doubts that both are dead. But it is possible that she genuinly felt guilty after her daughter `s case. If they are dead, the writer is good at keeping everything hidden so far. Both scenarios could be possible.

I start to be convinced that Seo Jin and Ae ri are connceted because of her father. He was the man from the Seo Jin`s nighmare, the man who was with him when there was the colapsing of the building. We know that he had a traumatic event in the past and Ae Ri`s father is the one who lost his life then.

Yugung Constraction is involved in Seo Jin`s past incident (the colapsing building), the company is guilty for using illegal/ cheap material that provoke the injury of Kim Jin H`s daughter. Because of that old incedent, Ae Ri`s mother disappeared. Somebody gained a lot of money using cheaper material instead of the right ones. I suspect the the CEO of Yugung.No matter how Yoo Seo-Il says that he is behind Seo Ji, I really doubt that. I am sure that prosecutors coming now, it is  related to the fact that Seo Jin searched for a second opinion about the materials. Ae Ri managed to get Seo Jin`s attention in August. I think they prepared a scapegoat in case the truth is starting to be discovered.

11 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

What we know both leads coincidental events are connected to Yujung Construction, (the culprit already known), there will be more unfold to share, such as why only can communicate at 10.33pm? Is there any symbolize or special meaning to it? Let' see.

I suspect that was when Seo Jin and Ae Ri`s father were together when the collapsing has accured. Or when Ae Ri`s father died.

11 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Some interesting discovery and finding :

If we know something bad will happen in future, most of the time, we will try to tell the person concerned to avoid it, but the fact that Han Ae-Ri went to approach Kim Seo-Jin and talked about it in front of his wife and even KSJ's driver noticed that, the culprit initially, may not have planned the kidnapping of the child, but may in fact have given them some ideas to take action. Somehow, the leads' actions and decisions may be the causes of the final result?

I am so so agree with this. I was thinking the same after watch ep 4 when Aeri met Dokyun. I'm not sure about him being the culprit but so far Aeri has only told Dokyun and Seojin himself about Dabin being kidnapped so... can't say Hyunchae is innocent tho but we still don't know what makes Seojin and Hyunchae fight as Dabin said when she was sick. 

Oh not to mention the driver? 

I honestly don't think that Kim Jinho is the culprit tho, he might only being set up by someone. 

Awwww @lebeaucouple thanks my friend for remembering me! I know we meet so many in other forums. Glad to see your posts and activity! YEAH it has been a bit of time! LOVE LOVE your ideas and theories in regards to actions and decisions can cause the final result. I am 110% percent behind that thought! Also thanks for the tip to not bother with ALICE. Ok thank you.

@bohyunlovers I agree that Kim Jinho is NOT the culprit. The assistant and the driver were suspicious from the get go for me.  

@larus OOOH the time is the time that the collapsing happened--brilliant and I feel that is a very "HOT" and good theory. You know, I had thoughts of an "affair" as well myself.  To be proven right in the last night's episode, sigh. What you are writing and the scapegoat and Seo Jin asking for the second testing /opinion all does make sense and falls into place.

Really enjoying this drama and looking forward to next week. This balances from the crazy makjang of Penthouse.

I have been loving this show and the twists ! (I'm glad I started this one cause after Stranger 2 I couldn't find anything - except for re-watching old shows that I've seen!) 

I honestly think the wife is alive cause after she and Kim Seo Jin have the fight in the hospital - the manager and her are alone after Seo Jin leaves. I'm sure they discussed something. The manager & the assistant both don't like Seo Jin and think he has harmed their life in someway. I'm sure the reason why Seo Jin is getting flashbacks cause whatever is happening in Ae ri's timeline - must've occurred already in his timeline too. Idk if anyone has seen Repeat: 365 - all the characters ended up going through the same loop over and over again till they ended the bad lady's game (I can't really remember that show LOL). I honestly hope the main characters do meet each other some day cause it seems like they are can be love interests :lol: 

When Ae ri was by the apartment - I was like omg get out of there girl! And if she died already in Seo Jin's timeline - it must've been the wife who killed her? Idk man but I like everyone's theories here!

Archived