larus

Shin Sung Rok And WINNER’s Kang Seung Yoon Learn The Shocking Truth From Hwang Jung Min In “Kairos”

451be768def94f01a3a962e4513e3f81.jpeg?s=

Dec 15, 2020
by S. Nam

Tension continues to escalate in MBC’s “Kairos”!

“Kairos” is a “time-crossing fantasy thriller” about the interconnected fates of Kim Seo Jin (Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman who is searching for her missing mother. From Kim Seo Jin’s perspective, Han Ae Ri is living exactly one month in the past — but after the two miraculously communicate from their different times, they set out on a thrilling quest to save their missing loved ones.

Spoilers

In the upcoming episode, Kwak Song Ja (Hwang Jung Min) will give Kim Seo Jin new information about the suspicious man who had broken into her room.

Previously, Kim Seo Jin helped Kwak Song Ja take refuge in a studio room in order to escape Yoo Seo Il’s (Shin Goo‘s) pursuit. However, Kwak Song Ja was seriously injured after being suddenly attacked by an unidentified assailant. Furthermore, the voice recording she possessed is now in the hands of Seo Do Kyun (Ahn Bo Hyun).

The newly released stills depict Kim Seo Jin, Im Geon Wook (WINNER’s Kang Seung Yoon), and Kwak Song Ja gathered together. Facing Kwak Song Ja, Kim Seo Jin is shocked beyond belief, and Im Geon Wook looks clearly furious, raising curiosity about what Kwak Song Ja has to say.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1443585wpp/shin-sung-rok-and-winners-kang-seung-yoon-learn-the-shocking-truth-from-hwang-jung-min-in-kairos

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's getting crazier and crazier and I have lost count of how many misfortunes happened since episode 1. Right now at episode 13, Kim seo jin got his family back but Aeri is still dead and her mom still in ICU. Seems like Lee Tae Kyu wasn't the killer.. So who was it? Seo Do Kyun??! I have no clue of what's going on on.. 

It was a risky move for Aeri to meet Lee Tae Kyu alone and by some stroke of luck past seo jin remembers  the location just in time to reach Aeri. The chasing that followed was brilliant.. They caught LTK. He was such a nuisance always in the way of our leads.Glad he is out but nothing in this drama is static..everything can come around.Won't be surprised if he makes a villainy comeback in the last minute.  

Hyun Chae is puzzled after both Kim seo jin and Do Kyun admit they are glad she 's alive even though she betrayed them both. For once we get to see her not not having the upper hand. 

They are dragging the secret document /recording plot yet again and from the looks of it it'll likely be revealed in the last episodes. 

3 more episodes to go! 

Thanks @Ashbelle for a sneak peek on today's episode and of course @Jillia for clips

I am sad this drama is ending. But really enjoying the superb acting and being kept on my toes with the plot twists. Though it is a dark drama, I enjoy it balances out the other dramas I am watching.

Proud of HA friend GW (Winner member and singer) is doing a great job in his role. Proud of him.

Not much to add just wanted to say hi and I am enjoying this drama.

This making was released. Enjoy.

When I saw that Ae ri was still dead even after they caught Lee Taek-Kyu I thought who killed her if it was not Lee Tae Gyu. I thought for a moment that it could be Seo Do-Kyun but I don`t think he is. Perhaps even the chairman Yoo came to her house but knowing that the killer cleaned everything, I doubt he is the one. But who is it?

I will watch the next episode tomorow with subtitles. It was a good show. Fingers crossed for a good ending. I am optimistic.

I have always been conflicted watching Kang Hyun Chae. I am feeling so uncomfortable with her character that I rather not have her as the focus. Her background story is sort of perfect for gaining sympathy but I am not feeling it? While she did questionable things as a child, I can understand and sympathize with her. But excusing her as an adult for all the elaborated plan to leave Kim Seo Jin, I guess her background story is not enough for me. I just hope that she will apologize to Seo Jin for everything even though it didn't happen, I want her to acknowledge and confess everything. The least she can do is explain everything so that Seo Jin knows he is not the cause for why she did what she did. Please do not kill her character off as sort of redemption because I am tired of watching all these sinful characters being killed and all is forgiven because they are dead. I'd rather watch them live and repent for all their deeds. :expressionless:

I am excited for next week final showdown. The story has been solid all this while I hope the final will not be a letdown. :coolshades:

Yesterday I was asking who killed Ae Ri but I forgot the dirty cop. Now we are sure that he is the one who killed Ae Ri in the future. he usewd the same methode to kill Kim Ji Ho. I am glad that he is not dead. He killed Seo Jin„s father too.

Two episodes left. They have to catch Chairman Yoo because otherwise they will never be safe.

The chairman has a replacement for his henchman every time. If the current guy gets taken down he brings a bigger bad guy into picture. Kim Jin Ho is in coma after the said bad guy cop attacks him.

Seo Do Kyun and Hyun Chae's dad killed each other off in the future. Do Kyun played with fire and his obsession got the better of him. He paid the ultimate price -  death.  Hyun Chae's story is sad but I don't feel for her at all. She made the choices and crying over spilt milk is of no use. Did she love Do Kyun? I think so.. ...but not like she loved herself. This is a woman who always put herself first. Agreed, she had a bad childhood but her past decisions cannot be justified at all. She hurt people other than her cruel dad. I get her situation with the dad but what about her friend? her parents? Seo Jin? She was destroying people all her life even the ones who helped her and took care of her. I don't think she can redeem herself after all that has happened. Let's see what happens in the finale week and luckily the future can be changed so hope still remains for some characters. 

@NodameThanks for posting the BTS video. Seems like they had a blast shooting the drama. Those tense scenes seems so funny in bts. 

Thank God it looks like this series will be fantastic from beginning to end. @Ashbelle agreed about Hyun Chae. She was willing to kill her husband after the timeline changed when she got caught, was willing to stage a car accident that killed him only, but ended up getting her and her daughter murdered. She was going to abandon that arrogant doofus Do Kyun anyway.

I have finally watched the two last episodes and liked it, though I feel it could have moved quicker (just a tiny bit). A lot of things needs to be wrapped up in the last two episodes... I am glad we now know that Chairman Yu was not only aware of the issues, but actually torn down the building in order for his company to gain from it. I cannot wait for the final two episodes!

I have mixed feelings concerning Hyun Chae... I want to hate her but I also understand the issues behind some of her choices. In a country where money and success determine how someone is valued, she seems to be a 'victim' of that. In this sense, I think the writer position her as a counter-image of Ae Ri who gave up a spot at Uni for her mother, etc. Loosing Do Kyun is her punishment and a part of me want this to stay that way, though I kinda miss DK - will SJ prevent his death in the past?...

Totally liked the love vibes between Ae Ri and Im Geon Wook! He he... It was such a nice subtle hint.

Kairos: Episodes 13-14 Open Thread

by Laica

Kairos13-14-00045.jpg

My head was spinning with all the twists and turns Kairos took this week, and the reveals we got in the past, present and future. As always, it’s a thrilling ride, and the protagonists are gearing up to face the Big Bad that’s always been waiting for them at the end of this road—they just have to stay alive and free long enough to outsmart him.

EPISODES 13-14 WEECAP

A flashback to the Taejung collapse: Seo-jin and Ae-ri’s dad were trapped under the rubble together. Dad gave Seo-jin the last of his water, and asked him to tell his daughter he loved her.

Afterward, teenage Seo-jin told little Ae-ri not to be like their dads, poor and easily taken advantage of. Ah. So here we see the reason that sunny young Seo-jin became the hardened man we met at the beginning of the drama.

Now, Ae-ri shows the watch to Seo-jin: it’s stopped at 10:33, when she can talk to Seo-jin 31 days ahead, the length of time Seo-jin waited to be rescued. To prove it, she lets him speak to his future self. Ae-ri catches him up on what’s going on, and they FINALLY TEAM UP YES.

In the future, Seo-jin and Gun-wook hide Ae-ri’s mom while they track down Kim Jin-ho, but as soon as Mom receives the recording Jin-ho was holding onto for her, a man finds and nearly kidaps her, Seo-jin barely stopping him and getting caught by police in the process.

morehttps://www.dramabeans.com/2020/12/kairos-episodes-13-14-open-thread/

Lee Se Young And WINNER’s Kang Seung Yoon Chase After Crucial Evidence In “Kairos”

ea9cdc466619448d921dc3e6671c85db.jpeg?s=

Dec 21, 2020
by L. Kim

Lee Se Young and WINNER’s Kang Seung Yoon will get one step closer to the truth in the upcoming episode of “Kairos”!

“Kairos” is a “time-crossing fantasy thriller” about the interconnected fates of Kim Seo Jin (Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman who is searching for her missing mother. From Kim Seo Jin’s perspective, Han Ae Ri is living exactly one month in the past – but after the two miraculously communicate from their different times, they set out on a thrilling quest to save their missing loved ones.

Spoilers

Previously, Kim Seo Jin and Han Ae Ri weren’t able to find the voice file that contained all the evidence because Kim Jin Ho (Go Kyu Pil) fell unconscious. Amid the bleak situation, Kim Jin Ho finally woke up, but Yoo Seo Il (Shin Goo), the one who threatened him, also appeared, raising questions about what will happen next.

The newly released stills depict Han Ae Ri and Im Geon Wook (WINNER’s Kang Seung Yoon) working hard to find the decisive evidence. The two arrive at a mysterious place, and they stare at something with stiff expressions. In addition, Im Geon Wook earnestly talks to Kim Jin Ho at the hospital. Im Geon Wook’s expression is desperate and alarmed as he asks about the voice file’s whereabouts. Viewers are eager to find out if Kim Jin Ho will make the right choice this time.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1444605wpp/lee-se-young-and-winners-kang-seung-yoon-chase-after-crucial-evidence-in-kairos

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] Kairos, 카이로스

I saw ep 15 last night and don't want to say goodbye to this lovely drama.

OMG.

Scenes ep 13-14 last week

EP 15 yesterday was a doozy and more plot twists. OMG.

I am wanting to watch the clips but thinking it is almost 4pm and I can wait to get home to watch it with subs. LOL.

@Jillia Thanks for your hard work and the clips as always 

Cannot wait!

I knew I was right to be anxious whenever the cameras zoomed onto their phones.

I don't think I can take another season of this or a spin-off. I think I've had enough of the buffet.

Part 2 of the story could've gone faster since my interest started drooping after they killed aeri like 4x.

Luckily she didn't have to die today.

Kinda wish that hyunchae got more of a punishment and a bit sad that dokyun chose to sacrifice his life for her. Idk... maybe I would've been fine if hyunchae serves a few years and dokyun comes to pick her up with a bag of tofu and then they're exiled from the planet lol. But she got what came to her for coming up with such a messy, life-risking, trauma inducing keikaku. I wasn't really satisfied with her said reasoning to seojin.

But props to seojin for not letting her off 100% just because she's the mother of his child. What she chose to do was stupid and she should take responsibility for it. Idk what the future holds for dalbin other than seojin having custody of her, but I was ? that she got over her mom so fast. Bet she won't be seeing her anytime soon.

Gunwook was such a detestable guy when he stole (You never mess with money but hey at least he pays her back in the end - although I think the lottery money was too easy of a path?). I'd say the guy redeemed himself and gets a gold star for dedicating his life to help aeri even when no one believed her 10:33 antics.

Ah and that taekyu guy. What a parasitic worm from start to end. He just keeps reviving himself every time you think he's gone. I don't get why the Chairman chose him to do all the dirty work when he has like 10 other henchmen who'd do anything for the money/power.

Heh, I didn't want the drama to end with a seojin x aeri romance. I guess they'll just be friends and family that frequently meet. Time will heal both families, especially if they spend it together. I noticed that seojin doesn't have any friends so aeri's side would be good adult figures to dalbin especially with her mother's absence.

Welp that's a wrap up of my only mon/tues drama this month.

I just watched the last episode. I am glad that Kairos remained good until the end. It was an enjoyable ride, with many twists and moments that made you want to see what`s next. Congratulation to the cast and crew for this drama. Despite the ratings, it was my favorite drama in this timeslot.

I really like the ending, when all the friends gathered and even saw a shooting star. It left a warm feeling and even I was startled a little about who was on the phone. :D

I am glad Shin Sung Rok chose this project. I would have done the same thing. I will be curious about the writer`s next project.

Ahn Bo Hyun Looks Back On His Role In “Kairos,” Acting In 2020, And More

2308cabdd05441479970cd91fffa2c19.jpeg?s=

Dec 23, 2020
by M. Kang

With 2020 coming to a close, Ahn Bo Hyun sat down for an interview and reflected on this year’s journey!

On December 22, MBC’s “Kairos” aired its last episode. It marked the end of Ahn Bo Hyun’s second drama of the year, the first one being “Itaewon Class.” Through both dramas, he secured a spot as one of the most notable young actors.

“Kairos” was a series Ahn Bo Hyun naturally gravitated to because of the script, which he found incredibly amusing. His most memorable scene was the ending of the fourth episode because it was a kiss scene. Thinking back on it, he commented, “I was quite nervous on set, but Nam Gyu Ri led me through it well, so that led to a nice scene. It was probably Seo Do Kyun’s first biggest twist to the viewers.” He also credited the scene in the 14th episode where he saves her from harm’s way as one that best portrayed his character, Seo Do Kyun.

Ahn Bo Hyun explained that if he could contact someone from a month prior or a month in the future like in “Kairos,” he would speak to himself in both cases. To his past self, he would say, “Bo Hyun, let’s buy a lottery ticket.” To his future self, he joked that he would say, “Bo Hyun, do you get an award?” But in actuality, he said he would ask himself if he’s doing well and remind himself to not struggle on his own but to enjoy the process as he goes.

In regards to the nickname he earned through the show, hokyun, he found it very relatable. Hokyun is a combination of the word hogu, which means witless, and his character’s name, Seo Do Kyun. He thought it properly captured Seo Do Kyun’s undying love for Kang Hyun Chae (Nam Gyu Ri).

https://www.soompi.com/article/1444979wpp/ahn-bo-hyun-looks-back-on-his-role-in-kairos-acting-in-2020-and-more

The finale was epic. Those tasers were finally put to good use while pinning down Lee Tae Kyu and the chairman can rot in jail forever. 

Hyun Chae walking alone in the rain without a soul to care for and Seo jin beaming and smiling at the campsite. What a contrast! Karma finally caught up and everyone got what they deserved. 

When I started this drama I did hope for romance.Well, I am not disappointed. We got to see Aeri×geunwook romantic undertones though. Aeri×Seo jin romance would have taken away the nail biting tension.I'm glad it went this way. More memorable and more exciting. Kudos to the 'kairos' team for their hard work . I 'll miss seeing the drama's title- KAIROS so boldly in the beginning/end of each episode followed by the heart beat bgm.Not to forget the captivating cinematography and the seamless transition from past to present and vice versa. 

This drama made us wait agonizingly for weeks in the beginning but the plot twists were worth waiting for. It delivered. I had a great time reading all your posts and it was fun guessing the plots, many a times we did predict things right ! 

Sending Virtual hugs &  

Merry Christmas every one! 

Farewell Kairos!

To echo other members of the forum

@tofumochu @Ashbelle @larus

I too overall am glad that I saw this drama.

1) I agree that GW got off easy. Though his move to steal from HR was horrible like @tofumochu he did redeem himself helping her out though she sounded crazy about her calls with future Seojin and no one believed her. Still the LOTTERY winnings, he DID get off easy.

2) HC did have WEAK reasons GREED to do what she did? No excuse why not do a divorce than orchestrate a messy kidnapping of DB? What? Though she did have a tough life, she did not HAVE to do what she did. Then to learn how she approached SJ was to get a better life with him over DK as she was sick of being poor. Then it was horrible she continued to cheat on SJ with DK. She couldn't leave the man 100% even IF for money. I agree she got off but SJ got her punished. She suffered as the ONE man who loved her is gone. I think the scene her missing him being her comfort and umbrella (being gone) was well done.

3) LTG is the henchman who kept on coming and coming. I agree there could have been many others who would do the same, but I guess for plot and recognition to have the same one is better and less messier than to have many to keep track of in the plot. Having just ONE guy kept it easier for us to handle it.

4) Love the Chairman FINALLY got arrested and jailed. When he tried to get out of using the future recording of his confession of the crimes, I am glad all FINALLY got their hands on SJ dad's confession out of him. The fact he was a surprise witness was a stroke of genius.

5) I did like there was NO romance between the OTP. This was not the drama for it and it for me would not flowed as well.

I liked the cop who felt he did go through alot with SJ (OH BOY he did based on the various memories and reboots).

When they all convened at the campsite was great. DB has great people a good auntie and grandmother figure with HR and her mom. I love that. DB and Dad SJ getting closer and he is going to be less workaholic and spend time with her. Plus he has learned to get back some of his compassion and empathy back.

Great drama overall and friends here see you in other forums. 

Be well and Happy Holidays!

Archived