larus

23 minutes ago, larus said:

But they have formed a sort of friendship. They depend on each other. As I said, I understand why she did not tell him but I think she should tell him. Knowing this information, Seo Jin will start to think of another scenario or at least will connect the pieces of the puzzle better. Perhaps it is not the time right now but she should tell him. Or probably he will find out himself. There is a small doubt in his head but he doesn`t have another suspicious/ information to realise this truth.

I really really doubt that they cut Da bin`s finger. They send the finger to make everything more dramatic. I don`t think it was the only way to convince the police that Da Bin is dead.  It was easier to pay somebody at the forensic departement or come up with another plan. Now that I know what happened, I think it was to make Seo jin suffer more.

I totally agree with you. The more Ae Ri will delay it, more complicated things will become, because a very big piece of puzzle is being kept from him. So I don't really think Ae Ri should think about Seo Jin's well being here or how he will react to it, rather she needs to focus on what is important, Da Bin's apparent kidnapping should be avoided. As many are thinking if all of this is indeed planned by Hyun Chae (I still doubt that she was told about the kidnapping part, otherwise, she sure is a great actress in this one, fooling everyone like that). 

Talking about her motive here, I think we all agree that her motive is not simply wanting to get away from Seo Jin. It is very weak thing for a motive. So well, it sure could be revenge. We'll have to see though. As I said, we've got three groups here, and the third one Hyun Chae and Do Kyun's motive is still unclear. We'll have to see more to it. If Hyun Chae is really after revenge and wants to see the truth behind the incident which involved both Seo Jin and Ae Ri's dad, why are they actually hunting people wanting to reveal the truth behind it? We know they killed Ae Ri two times, and well, the driver dude killed her mom too. Both, especially the mom seemed to be really after the truth of that incident. So I think there is more to it, and not just revenge from Yujung Construction. Because if so, they would not eliminate the apparent allies with same motive. 

About Da Bin, well you already answered, it is much easier to pay and get the results you want, than actually do it. 

But Jin Ho doing it all for the sake of seeing Seo Jin suffer is still weak excuse for me. There is more to it from his side too. Whether he is doing it in exchange of his second daughter's medical fees, or he is doing it to stay alive. "Do this and you will be rewarded, or else your life will go along with your daughter's one" he could have been threatened like this too. But he sure knows things, and is somewhat afraid to reveal it, rather than wanting to see Seo Jin suffer here.

I wonder whether Seo Jin will ever get to meet Ae Ri in the present timeline? Would be interesting to see him communicate with the past one and work with the present one. Whatever be the case, whether he meets her or not, I really want him to have one true ally in the present timeline too. 

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/14/2020 at 6:35 PM, Prettysup said:

Seo-jin was actually at the same collapsed building 19 years ago wich Ae-ri's father died in. Wonder how this is going to connect them to the current situation?

I had this sudden flashback of the scene in "Secret Garden"...hehehe...though in SG, the connection was more of melodramatic/ fantasy-liked/fated-to-be kind of connection.  I believed it was Ae Rin's father who saved SJ in the collapse, right? I re-watched ep 5 but I cannot see that actual scene (or did I missed it? hmm). I remember he was in the same toilet with AR's father but after that I think they jumped the scene, right? I need to re-watch again. Anyway, for some reason, I think that incident "spiritually/metaphorically/magically..(I don't know what others terms we can be used here...hehe)" connected. In other words, the one that triggers the ability for both SJ and AR to connect to each other within one month gap is  AR's father's phone (which I think was found on his body at the site). I think it was AR's father's wish that SJ would repay him for saving SJ by saving AR and her mother (spiritually/metaphorically). Yes, I too think the President of the company is at fault too/ the biggest culprit of all. And he is keeping SJ on his side to avoid SJ finding out the truth about his father's death. I believed that HC's revenge was actually intended for the President but somehow SJ intertwined in her plan since SJ was said to be the next Chairman/President/CEO. It seems that the President really favored SJ from the beginning. Again this is just my theory...

19 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I wonder whether Seo Jin will ever get to meet Ae Ri in the present timeline? Would be interesting to see him communicate with the past one and work with the present one. Whatever be the case, whether he meets her or not, I really want him to have one true ally in the present timeline too. 

I was hoping for the same thing. I was hoping that once SJ finally gather all the needed facts/truth, for some reason, the present AR will come and meet present SJ for the resolution/wrap up. I don't want it to be done in the final two episodes though. I was hoping it could be done in Ep 13 and above (this will certainly break most  Kdrama's storyboard concept where we see the height of the tense/ the worst case scenario to occur in Ep 13 and 14, and then the beginning of the resolution at Ep 15 and the final wrap up at Ep 16. In some thriller drama, sometime the resolution is in Ep 16 and the wrap up is in the last 15 minutes..urghhh, I really detest that). I would love to see the PD actually give us the satisfaction of SJ and AR presently working together towards resolving all these even earlier. Something like Memories of Alhambra, minus the sudden disappearance at the final episode of course....hehehe. I know I cannot hope for any love-line between these two, but it would be satisfying enough if they can actually communicate with each other more than 1 minute per day, which is a guarantee that they have each other's back throughout trying to resolve the matter and to fight the bad omens in this drama. So far, they only have each other's back at that 1 minute per day...though it is acceptable now but eventually it will be very frustrating...so I think the PD need to think how to evolve/shift from this situation so that viewers would not feel too frustrated....hehehe....again just my 2 cents..

Shin Sung Rok Races Against Time To Uncover The Truth In “Kairos”

00062733f99c4a9d9ba771073dcf996f.jpeg?s=

Nov 16, 2020
by S. Nam

MBC’s “Kairos” released new stills of Shin Sung Rok!

The “time-crossing fantasy thriller” is about the interconnected fates of Kim Seo Jin (Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman who is searching for her missing mother. From Kim Seo Jin’s perspective, Han Ae Ri is living exactly one month in the past – but after the two miraculously communicate from their different times, they set out on a thrilling quest to save their missing loved ones.

Spoilers

Previously, Kim Seo Jin placed a tracking device on Lee Taek Gyu’s (Jo Dong In’s) car after growing suspicious of him. Kim Seo Jin followed Lee Taek Gyu’s car only to discover the dead body of Kwak Song Ja (Hwang Jung Min), hinting that he had fallen into a trap. Later, it was also revealed that the man who had visited Kwak Song Ja in the hospital was Lee Taek Gyu, creating a shocking twist at the ending of last week’s episode.

In the upcoming episode, Kim Seo Jin will be surrounded by the police as the sole suspect who witnessed the death of Kwak Song Ja. The new stills depict Kim Seo Jin getting on his knees. As he raises his hands up, he appears shocked by the sudden turn of events. Another image of Kim Seo Jin asking around about Kwak Song Ja also conveys his desperation.

Furthermore, the detective who had felt sympathy for Kim Seo Jin since his daughter went missing also shows a fierce gaze in the new still, hinting at the hurdles Kim Seo Jin will have to overcome in the future. Viewers are curious to find out who will rescue Kim Seo Jin in the upcoming episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1438033wpp/shin-sung-rok-races-against-time-to-uncover-the-truth-in-kairos

On 11/15/2020 at 4:02 PM, inna75 said:

I was hoping for the same thing. I was hoping that once SJ finally gather all the needed facts/truth, for some reason, the present AR will come and meet present SJ for the resolution/wrap up. I don't want it to be done in the final two episodes though. I was hoping it could be done in Ep 13 and above (this will certainly break most  Kdrama's storyboard concept where we see the height of the tense/ the worst case scenario to occur in Ep 13 and 14, and then the beginning of the resolution at Ep 15 and the final wrap up at Ep 16. In some thriller drama, sometime the resolution is in Ep 16 and the wrap up is in the last 15 minutes..urghhh, I really detest that). I would love to see the PD actually give us the satisfaction of SJ and AR presently working together towards resolving all these even earlier. Something like Memories of Alhambra, minus the sudden disappearance at the final episode of course....hehehe. I know I cannot hope for any love-line between these two, but it would be satisfying enough if they can actually communicate with each other more than 1 minute per day, which is a guarantee that they have each other's back throughout trying to resolve the matter and to fight the bad omens in this drama. So far, they only have each other's back at that 1 minute per day...though it is acceptable now but eventually it will be very frustrating...so I think the PD need to think how to evolve/shift from this situation so that viewers would not feel too frustrated....hehehe....again just my 2 cents..

Well, I don't think Ae Ri and Seo Jin will be meeting in this timeline anytime soon. Main reason for it will be that things will become too easy for them. With the past changing continuously because of Ae Ri's involvements back there, the current Ae Ri would get surge of memories every now and then, and could tell about it to Seo Jin directly and in a more detailed fashion, rather than the 1 minute call they have been having and sharing info through it and through messages. So although it is bound to happen, as you predict it will be in the final few episodes, mostly when Seo Jin already has got a clear image of the big picture. 

52 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Well, I don't think Ae Ri and Seo Jin will be meeting in this timeline anytime soon. Main reason for it will be that things will become too easy for them. With the past changing continuously because of Ae Ri's involvements back there, the current Ae Ri would get surge of memories every now and then, and could tell about it to Seo Jin directly and in a more detailed fashion, rather than the 1 minute call they have been having and sharing info through it and through messages. So although it is bound to happen, as you predict it will be in the final few episodes, mostly when Seo Jin already has got a clear image of the big picture. 

I think Ae Ri and Seo Jin`s meeting in the present (the same time line) will change the dynamic of Seo Jin and Ae Ri from the past (for us, especially) but I do think the writer should give us an explanation why they don`t meet. One time she was in jail, the other time she was dead. Now that Ae Ri knows who is Seo Jin and because thjey had the same mission, it is not realistic for her to not look for him in the present. The writer will find an explanation. Now that Ae Ri`s mother appeared dead in the present events, Ae Ri should appear as well unless she can`t. Now the person/ persons who want her mother dead is/ are after Ae ri as well. It is not just a case to undo the kidnapping but how to survive when thye discovered the bigger events, the bigger scheme.

9 minutes ago, larus said:

I think Ae Ri and Seo Jin`s meeting in the present (the same time line) will change the dynamic of Seo Jin and Ae Ri from the past (for us, especially) but I do think the writer should give us an explanation why they don`t meet. One time she was in jail, the other time she was dead. Now that Ae Ri knows who is Seo Jin and because thjey had the same mission, it is not realistic for her to not look for him in the present. The writer will find an explanation. Now that Ae Ri`s mother appeared dead in the present events, Ae Ri should appear as well unless she can`t. Now the person/ persons who want her mother dead is/ are after Ae ri as well. It is not just a case to undo the kidnapping but how to survive when thye discovered the bigger events, the bigger scheme.

Yeah, I mean since the start the drama has been like "It so happened that they cannot meet because...". As you said, she was in jail once, and dead twice. Let's see how and when they will meet. As you said, the current Ae Ri should also be having the memories of speaking to Seo Jin, so I think she also has got enough reasons to meet up with him, as Seo Jin has got. But so far the circumstances has proved otherwise. 

With Ae Ri's mom's death I think while we all are expecting that this is a big chance for them to meet, I do think something will happen again, and will lead to them not meeting again. But they meeting will not only affect the dynamic of Seo Jin and Ae Ri, it will affect the overall dynamics of the story itself. As I said, once they meet, they will not rely much on phone calls. At least from Ae Ri's side, the memories will help Seo Jin and the phone call will be all about Seo Jin informing Ae Ri of possible incidents happening. 

Talking about Ae Ri, I think the moment she spoke to Do Kyun about the possible kidnapping of Da Bin, she came into his radar. I believe if Do Kyun was the one planning it, he must have planned the whole kidnapping scenario much before the actual one happening, and someone knowing about it, would require to be eliminated. But well I think we'll be getting better picture of why they are after Ae Ri's life with her not really involved in the incidents (at least on paper). 

“Kairos,” “The Penthouse,” And More To Not Air Today

4023a2f255b0424f98f88f484aceb370.jpeg?s=

Nov 17, 2020
by S. Nam

MBC’s “Kairos” and SBS’s “The Penthouse” will not be airing today.

MBC will be airing a live broadcast of the first round of the 2020 KBO League Korean Series between Doosan and NC starting at 6:15 p.m. KST. Therefore, “My Wonderful Life,” which airs on weekdays at 7:15 p.m. KST, and “Kairos,” which airs on Mondays and Tuesdays at 9:20 p.m. KST, will be taking a break tonight.

11 hours ago, foreverempress said:

That chick (Seo Jin's wife) has been mentally deranged for sometime. Evil witch!

Hide contents

She burned her daddy in his house. What did he do, molest her?

Wow! That's a plot twist...I thought HC's mental issue was the after effect of the collapse incident. So she is a naturally born psychopath..then the need to save Dabin escalated like 100 folds...previously, I thought, Dabin is still "safe" with her mom (of course eventually she will be with her Dad after her mom is caught later but still, I thought Dabin is in a good hand)

Anyway, the theory about HC's dad being wealthy previously is now 50-50. He probably was wealthy once but somehow became poor because of the incident and then fell off the wagon, causing HC's mental state to worsen, escalating her psychopathic self. Another theory is that HC's father worked for one of the wealthy contractors, HC saw how the wealthy lives and dream of living like that but her dream fell through after her father lost his job.

Spoiler

But because of that flashback, the theory about revenge is almost certainly non-existence anymore (at least any revenge that is related to her father). This is probably not about revenge anymore. It has to be something to do with her mental state. One thing for certain, she did manipulated DK to do her bids, judging from how he reported his every move and plan to her. That is scary. Especially for Dabin. Hence Dabin needs to be rescued even urgently...pallliiii

Anyway, i can see now why some k-netz brand LSY as the lucky charm for any ML. As far as I've watched all her recent dramas, she always made her ML looks so good. The chemistry between her and each of her ML is no joke regardless the age gap, the plot or the time-gap thingy. In Dr. John, the age gap was almost an issue in the beginning  (plus the fact that Jisung is someone's husband) But fans seemed to choose to ignore that and demand for a full-blast romance (though we did not get much but enough for some fans). And then there's SSR, whom I have to admit I never really pic as a ML material (I know he did play ML for some dramas but I just could not finish watching any of his....sorry to SSR's die hard fan. This is just my own opinion. WAS...but now is different...totally...  *sheepish*) . He was, always in my mind, the villain, the bad boy, the arrogant chaebol. Only in The Last Empress, I developed a slight interest in him, merely because he was seriously cute when he was trying to win back Na Ra despite his character's cruel and evil demeanor. And then I developed an even bigger interest in him after watching him in Master of the House. I realized there is this other side of him that I never knew existed. The warmth, funny and cute side, which somehow made him more appealing. Hence, when I found out he took this role with LSY, I was seriously excited and so far this drama has not disappointed me yet especially in highlighting him as a really great actor and also as an attractive and somewhat appealing ML. Seriously, he made my heart flutters every time he appears on the screen...hehehehehe....*sheepish*

Spoiler

Now, because of that I kinda agree with @Shinobu..I want the romance to happen somehow (though I know I am probably wishful thinking here). Especially because in the last episode, the PD nim sort of "sow that seed" with AR crying after reading about SJ's traumatic experience (plus she said that "in her darkest hours, she thought of him"....seriously why PD nim? Why? Dont play with our heart please) and SJ's protective way with her, even from the very beginning up to the point when he did not tell her that he actually found her mother's body, so that she wont feel sad/lost hope. And also by indirectly showing how perfect AR is with SJ when her friend GW (whom I'm assuming also has feelings for her) felt uneasy/ jealous about them working together. 

BUT (and this is a big but), since the drama is called KAIROS and after researching it's meaning, I kinda of understand about the time gap thingy and the need for them stay that way throughout the plot. The whole drama is created on the basis that both SJ and AR would be able to save each other at the perfect time/ in the nick of time/ just in time and the only way they can do that if they can feed each other with the right information on time. Kairos also mean that there is a symmetry/ balance between SJ's life event and AR's life event. Hence, they need to have the timeline to connect them. And that is what makes this drama satisfying. Because we see the evil plot somehow fall through each time because of the whole kairotic-based plot/concept. Hence, it also means, once they meet in the present moment, the whole concept will not be able to help them anymore. They need to have enough information/ facts before they can win the struggle/battle in the present. So, that is why, once again I put all my hopes for a romance in the back burner....hahaha....I guess I need to just be satisfied with the 1 minute communication they had with each other every day.....

Just my 2 cents...:-)

What a way to end episode 6!. The cinematography of this drama is beautiful and so is the main lead's acting. His portrayal of those gut wrenching moments throughout the drama felt so real.

This episode shed light on the past of some characters. HC is a psychopath for sure. Something about the way she speaks is getting on my nerves and how she manipulates people is so chilling to see. The way she planted herself in Do Kyun's life that night when they ran away from the bar showed she has a knack in bulldozing into people's lives. It's like she groomed Do Kyun to do her bidding. He's merely a puppet in her hands and I don't think she loves him either. He on the other side does anything for her like an obsession. About Lee Tae Kyun,  I think he doesn't have a personal connection with these antagonists or construction company. He seems more like a hitman hired by HC and Do Kyun.What surprises me is that there are some policemen siding with them. Definitely there is some bribing involved. That explains how Dabin's DNA report came conclusive and how jin ho's was murdered in prison surroundings.That coffee break before jin ho's murder was deliberately announced and the police men were playing along. 

We got a glimpse of HC's past. Don't know why she killed the man- her father or uncle?  I suppose... But killing some one when she was so young clearly shows a troubled childhood. Something happened to her as@foreverempress pointed out or the girl seriously has some issues. I see similarities in her and Lady Macbeth about how they are equally good in getting what they want, manipulating people close to them. But the karma will catch up and I hope she won't end up like Lady Macbeth killing herself in the end. (even if she's the villain i hate seeing people killing themselves due to mental issues.)

Btw Seo jin is a fighter. He survived 31 days in the wreckage before he was rescued! No wonder he cruises through tough situations.. Aeri and him have good team work and the duo are unstoppable.

Great discussions and posts by everyone.

@foreverempress Me too, I def felt chills seeing a young HC burn her home and I guess dad down. (He must have not been a good one seeing all the alcohol and stuff. But STILL dang crazy.) I agree that fact the Manager DK tells her EVERY move he makes, she has him wound around her finger indeed. Also when she talks to DB and tells her with missing dad she tries to remind her that mom only needs YOU. (We knew that DB loves her daddy and misses her daddy alot. So even SHE knows she cannot obsess about dad in front of HC.)

@Ashbelle YUP I agree with your points of collusion and bribery for some events to happen along this drama. From the death of poor dad KJH. I def feel that LTK is definitely partners with DK. He does all the stuff he wants--- killing, covering up crimes, threatening people, etc. Yeah wonder how he got this loyalty to DK.

@inna75 I haven't seen many dramas of LSY but she is good here. I have enjoyed SSR and agree I love his acting but he hasn't been the suave ML character for me but his charm in Last Empress last summer got me hooked too. His charm to Jang Nara's character was a sweet side I never really saw before him too. Both are great in this drama. I don't expect a romance but I like their synergy and helping each other. 

@Sleepy Owl I agree AR should tell SJ about HC cheating on him. He reluctantly told her about his mom's death (and managed to change the future and her death) telling her to find her mom. OMG so much relief and happiness there. (As always love seeing your posts my friend.) 

I was happy to see some of the twists and turns in ep 6

Glad that SJ did not tell HAR her mom passed on. So when he told her to find his mom and we see SJ being surrounded by police. I LOVED that they disappeared when HAR found her mom and he no longer was arrested and her mom was not killed by LTK. 

I def do NOT want DB continuing with her mom. She needs to tell SJ that his wife is a cheater and find a way to save her earlier. 

Everything is doing a great job, I am really enjoying this story and I guess I have to wait for another week for the next installment. 

Sad we won't see ep 7 tonight 

Highlights ep 6

19 hours ago, Shinobu said:

I'm waiting for this romance to happen, man.

Yeah me too! but I am afraid this drama might fall into the slight romance category. With all sorts of problems around them  I think there wouldn't be a meet and greet situation anytime soon. I guess it's more about the emotional connection between the leads and maybe that's the angle they are going for. But I hope the writers will give us more -  :heartxoxo:

Fingers crossed.. 

1 hour ago, Ashbelle said:

Yeah me too! but I am afraid this drama might fall into the slight romance category. With all sorts of problems around them  I think there wouldn't be a meet and greet situation anytime soon. I guess it's more about the emotional connection between the leads and maybe that's the angle they are going for. But I hope the writers will give us more - 

Fingers crossed.. 

Yes the emotional and spiritual connections are getting stronger and softer.  Hearts are connecting.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)

19 minutes ago, Shinobu said:

When everything around SJ changes in his time line due to changes in the past, he however remains a constant.  Why?  Shouldn't he be in another location if the cops didn't show up?

His actions are still valid. It was his action that led to changes in the past and only Seojin notices the changes happening around him. The other characters just dissappear because in this new present the case never happened. His wounds dissappear too as his present is reset.

2 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

was that a glimpse of HC's dad in ep7 preview? the guy with the scarred face which could have been caused by severe degree burns.

perhaps its time for HC to experience fear and anxiety instead of our poor ML and FL

I think it's dad. And I also think that was the trigger point for her. Seeing her dad alive she became cray2 and went all out psycho. She did say she doesn't want to be Kang Hyun Chae anymore. What did dad do that made her burn him alive. She's scary.

Archived