larus

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Ahn Bo Hyun Talks About His Rise In Popularity, Joining Upcoming Drama, And More

by C. Lee
58b4fd7fd00540abb52c0446f42e52f9.jpeg?s=

Ahn Bo Hyun recently participated in a photo shoot with W Korea!

In the accompanying interview, he talked about how he reacted to his sudden rise in popularity, his new drama, and more.

Since starring in “Itaewon Class,” Ahn Bo Hyun has kept himself busy, landing a role in the upcoming MBC drama “Kairos” as well as filming numerous commercials.

Ahn Bo Hyun then discussed his upcoming drama “Kairos.” He said, “During the time ‘Itaewon Class’ ended, I was contacted multiple times, saying that they wanted to have a meeting with me, and I was given scripts. One of them was ‘Kairos.’ Someone said that I shouldn’t play multiple villain roles in a row, and someone else advised me that I should do a melodrama.”

He continued, “I didn’t really keep that in mind because I felt like I was never an actor to pick and choose projects. I decided to take on ‘Kairos’ because I wanted to work with someone who wants me.” He also credited the drama’s fun synopsis and a good meeting with the director for his decision to join “Kairos.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1411296wpp/ahn-bo-hyun-talks-about-his-rise-in-popularity-joining-upcoming-drama-and-more

More casting news...veteran cast lineup

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000299034

202007090931090410_1_20200709093316900.j

The lineup of veteran actors was completed in MBC's new mini-series'Kairos'.

MBC's new mini-series'Kairos' (played by Lee Soo-hyun/director Park Seung-woo), scheduled for October broadcast, will save the man Seo-jin a month after her young daughter is abducted and a month-old girl who needs to find her missing mother, and save a loved one. It's a time-crossing fantasy thriller drama struggling across time.

Following the prominent actors such as Shin Sung-rok (Kim Seo-jin), who demonstrates the unique character's digestibility, Lee Se-young (Han Aeri), who has demonstrated excellent acting skills through numerous work activities, Ahn Bo-hyun (Seo Do-kyun Seo), and Nam Gyu-ri (Kang Hyun-chae). Actor Shin-gu (playing Yoo Seo-il), Hwang Jeong-min (playing Kwak Song-ja), and Lim Chul-hyung (playing Ho-young Park), who are proud of their long acting career, joined the drama to establish a more robust central axis.

First, Shin-gu played the role of Yoo Seo-il, a strong supporter of Kim Seo-jin (Sung-rok Shin). Even with the laughter of an old man in the warm and comfortable twilight period, I hope that he will show a three-dimensional aspect that overwhelms his opponent at once with his charisma accumulated over many years.

Hwang Jung-min plays the role of Kwak Song-ja, the mother of Han Aeri (Lee Se-young) who has a warm motherhood. Song Ja is a character who protects her daughter after living a desperate and fierce life after her bereavement.

Ho-young Park, who is in charge of Im Chul-hyung, is a team leader with a long history and a veteran who occasionally finds points of investigation with his own touch. He is suspicious of Kim Seo-jin's daughter, Dabin's kidnapping, and acts as an assistant, adding tension to the play. Indeed, it stimulates curiosity about what is the hidden lining between the two.

And it will be Shin Sung Rok and Shin Goo reunion!!! Yay

r8x0Xp.gif

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

There will be a young version of Shin Sung Rok in Kairos :o. I'm really curious about the plot now. How far back are they going with the time jump thing

Maybe it is a flashback. I don`t think they will go back in time that much.

Casting news

Actor Ko Kyu-pil joins'Kairos'

bf0318fe-ad07-4d41-aa7f-30b3b360e232.jpg

Actor Go Kyu-pil announced that he will be joining MBC's new drama "Kairos".
The drama'Kairos', which is scheduled to be broadcast in October, It's a time-crossing fantasy thriller drama.
One official said, “Kyu Pil will show a different atmosphere from his recent works through'Kairos'.”

https://www.ytn.co.kr/_sn/1406_202007221706013740

Next generation rookie' Lee Jeong-jun'Kairos' casting

6985_8321_5447.jpg

Actor Lee Jeong-joon plays younger Kim Seo (Shin Sung-rok)`s in MBC's new mini-series'Kairos.

Seo-jin is a character who starts to communicate with Ari, who lives in the past, to recover from her misfortune after experiencing a tragedy that suddenly loses everything on one day.
Lee Jeong-joon is a new artist who was study at the Korea National University of Arts and Performing Arts, and showed a stable acting ability as a student in the OCN drama “Class of Lies".

Promising actor Lee Jung-jun, who has both warm visuals and acting skills, is looking forward to what kind of acting he will tell about the story of Seojin's past. Meanwhile,'Kairos' is scheduled for the first broadcast in October.

http://www.kstnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=6985

Shin Sung Rok, Lee Se Young, Ahn Bo Hyun, And More Impress At 1st Script Reading For Upcoming MBC Drama

Shin Sung Rok, Lee Se Young, Ahn Bo Hyun, And More Impress At 1st Script Reading For Upcoming MBC Drama

Aug 4, 2020
by C. Lee

MBC’s upcoming miniseries “Kairos” (literal title) gave a glimpse into their first script reading!

“Kairos” will be a “time-crossing fantasy thriller” that tells the story of Kim Seo Jin, a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri, a woman searching for her missing mother who lives one month in the past from the time Kim Seo Jin is living in.

In addition to director Park Seung Woo and writer Lee Soo Hyun, actors Shin Sung Rok, Lee Se Young, Ahn Bo Hyun, Nam Gyu Ri, Shin Goo, WINNER’s Kang Seung Yoon, Hwang Jung Min, Go Kyu Pil, and more showed off their skills at the script reading.

kairos-1.jpg

To start things off, director Park Seung Woo commented, “I think that 90 percent of directing is gathering the right people. I feel reassured because I get to begin working with great individuals.”

Writer Lee Soo Hyun said, “It’s an honor to be working with irreplaceable actors. I will do my best.”

Shin Sung Rok takes on the lead role of Kim Seo Jin. The actor commented, “I had so much fun reading the script, so I really wanted to join the drama. Thank you for giving me this opportunity.”

During the reading, Shin Sung Rok impressed with his charismatic acting skills as he transformed into Kim Seo Jin, who is the youngest, hard-working director at his construction company.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1417074wpp/shin-sung-rok-lee-se-young-ahn-bo-hyun-and-more-impress-at-1st-script-reading-for-upcoming-mbc-drama

A script read full of time-traveling mystery for MBC drama Kairos

by tineybeanie

ssr_kairos1.jpg

The cast of the upcoming MBC drama Kairos gathered recently for their first script reading. Kairos tells a time-jumping story of two individuals who are adamant about saving their loved ones.

Shin Sung-rok (Vagabond) plays a desperate father whose young daughter has been kidnapped. He was originally a hard-working, successful, and ambitious man. When we meet him, he’s living in a timeline one month after his daughter has been kidnapped. On the other hand, Lee Se-young (Memorist) is living in a timeline one month previous to the disappearance of her beloved mother. In contrast to Shin, she’s had a tough life and a missing mother only adds to her burdens. In an attempt to rescue her mom, she begins a strange pursuit across time.

Director Park Seung-woo (Lookout) began the script read by saying: “90% of production is finished by gathering the right people. I feel reassured because we are starting with good people.” Writer Lee Soo-hyun added: “I am honored to work with such irreplaceable actors. I will do my best.”

Others present at the first script read included second leads Ahn Bo-hyun (Itaewon Class) and Nam Gyu-ri (Different Dreams). The supporting cast were also in attendance: Shin Gu (My Ajusshi), Kang Seung-yoon (Smart Prison Living), Hwang Jung-min (Doctor Detective), and Go Gyu-pil (Will You Have Dinner With Me).

Directed by Park Seung-woo and written by Lee Soo-hyun, Kairos is set to air on MBC during the latter half of this year.

Shooting outdoor is affected by rain in South Korea.

MBC'Kairos', a fantasy thriller starring Shin Sung-rok, Lee Se-young, and Ahn Bo-hyun, has many outdoor shots due to the nature of the genre. It is impossible to shoot due to weather conditions, but because I can't stop shooting, they replaced the timetable for shooting outdoors and the set, and now shooting indoors first. When the rain fades, the plan is to go outside and capture the turbulent scene on the camera. In addition, other works flexibly adjust outdoor and indoor shooting, and are digesting the schedule even in bad weather.

https://news.joins.com/article/23843184

Shin Sung Rok And Lee Se Young’s New MBC Drama Previews Mysterious Character Relationships

b1b78f9188eb4f039a4b367c60ca1a7c.jpeg?s=

Aug 11, 2020
by S. Nam

MBC’s upcoming drama “Kairos” (literal title) released a relationship chart of all the characters!

“Kairos” will be a “time-crossing fantasy thriller” that tells the story of Kim Seo Jin (Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman searching for her missing mother who lives one month in the past from the time Kim Seo Jin is living in.

Shin Sung Rok will be taking on the role of Kim Seo Jin, the youngest director of Yoojoong Construction who managed to achieve success after working tirelessly. Although he has a perfect life, he suddenly loses everything due to an unfortunate incident. He miraculously begins to communicate with Han Ye Ri who lives in the past and works to turn back his misfortune. Viewers are excited to see what decisions he’ll make in the face of a fated opportunity and what changes will occur in his work and love life.

Lee Se Young will be playing Han Ae Ri, who struggles from an early age to gather money for her mother Kwak Song Ja’s (Hwang Jung Min’s) surgery through part-time job, which she had to balance with her studies. She hits rock bottom when her mother suddenly goes missing, but a new story unfolds when she begins to contact Kim Seo Jin, who is in the future. The drama will also highlight the warm and refreshing chemistry between Han Ae Ri and her reliable friends Park Soo Jung (Lee Joo Myung) and Im Geon Wook (WINNER’s Kang Seung Yoon).

Furthermore, Yoojoong Construction’s chief Seo Do Kyun (Ahn Bo Hyun) will add an unpredictable element to the story as Kim Seo Jin’s coworker, and Kim Seo Jin’s wife and violinist Kang Hyun Chae (Nam Gyu Ri), who loses her dream of having the perfect family when her daughter Kim Da Bin (Shim Hye Yeon) goes missing, will bring tension to the drama.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1418341wpp/shin-sung-rok-and-lee-se-youngs-new-mbc-drama-previews-mysterious-character-relationships

Upcoming MBC Drama Shares First Look At Shin Sung Rok As A Dedicated And Successful Businessman

f7cdc239c14d4379ab6a571e19131684.jpeg?s=

Aug 12, 2020
by J. Lim

MBC’s upcoming drama “Kairos” (literal title) has shared their first stills of lead actor Shin Sung Rok!

“Kairos” will be a “time-crossing fantasy thriller” that tells the story of Kim Seo Jin (Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman searching for her missing mother who lives one month in the past from the time Kim Seo Jin is living in.

Shin Sung Rok will be playing the role of Kim Seo Jin, the youngest director of Yoojoong Construction. The stills give insight into his dedication to his work, wearing the company uniform and visiting a construction site to better understand what goes on. He has a cold aura about him that breaks for a moment when something catches him off guard on site.

Shin-Sung-Rok-1.jpeg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1418583wpp/upcoming-mbc-drama-shares-first-look-at-shin-sung-rok-as-a-dedicated-and-successful-businessman

Upcoming Fantasy Thriller Drama Shares First Stills Of Lee Se Young

Aug 14, 2020
by R. Jun

Upcoming MBC drama “Kairos” (literal title) has revealed new stills of Lee Se Young.

“Kairos” is a “time-crossing fantasy thriller” that tells the story of Kim Seo Jin (Shin Sung Rok), a man who falls into despair after his daughter is kidnapped, and Han Ae Ri (Lee Se Young), a woman searching for her missing mother who lives one month in the past from the time Kim Seo Jin is living in.

In the new stills, Han Ae Ri is pictured leading a busy life as she simultaneously works to procure funds for her mother’s surgery and prepares to enter the workforce. Though young, she shows strength and resilience gained from tough life experiences, but when her mother goes missing, she hits rock bottom.

lee-se-young-kairos-1.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1418998wpp/upcoming-fantasy-thriller-drama-shares-first-stills-of-lee-se-young

Archived