[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Novoland: Pearl Eclipse 九州·斛珠夫人

sugarplum892

10 hours ago, leo2020 said:
  Hide contents

Overall the drama continues to become stronger with every episode. I really believed in everything till the look Emperor gave when sending his sister off. Usually such scenarios are not a surprise at all, but here they were very convincing))). Looking forward for the new episodes.

I suppose 

Hide contents

Zhuo Ying would have to face his past very soon. His brother is coming...

@leo2020  That's the Words: "....become stronger with every episode". 

They are building up the Momentum Very Nicely

8 hours ago, Prettysup said:

No he didn’t drink the poison. First, that was lethal poison, Fang Zhu would have died on the spot if he drank it. Second, Haishi asked whether he was in pain when he woke up, and the doctor also said he had new wounds on top of old wounds plus poisoned. Which means he must have some external injuries too. So my guess is the emperor was grazed by a poisoned arrow at the wedding and the poison was transferred to Shifu this way. 

@Prettysup  Thanks for the Clarification :wub: It was a bit confusing there.

• Like 3

Just saw 29 and 30 were so good!!

- I loved the faster pace and I knew the wedding would be drama but I didn’t expect to turn out like that with Su Ming (and his quick death!) Good bye to fake Princess - her death scene was good. Not annoying. 

- Yey another drunk Haishi and Shifu conversation that reveals everything but our poor girl didn’t hear his true feelings

- YD being the real MVP Cupid and doing holy work for our OTP!!! I love his character and what he said to Shifu - 100% truth 

@Prettysup oh I thought that was referencing all his wounds adding up over time and not a new, recent one?!? 

By the way - what is the jade item that Haishi gifted to Shifu for is trap wedding? Is it an ornament or some tool? It looks familiar but I can’t remember where I saw it before??

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Yinye said:

By the way - what is the jade item that Haishi gifted to Shifu for is trap wedding? Is it an ornament or some tool? It looks familiar but I can’t remember where I saw it before??

@Yinye   That Jade Item is called "Ruyi" (如 意).  It is an Auspicious Item in Chinese Culture - usually given as a Gift in Ancient Times. Especially within the Royal Palace.  

(Ru) 如 :means "as per your". "according to"

(Yi) 意  :means "wishes";  "heart's desires"

Giving it as a Gift is like blessing  the Recipients - May their Wishes, Dreams or Desires come True.

It is a Chinese curved decorative object.  Usually serves as a ceremonial scepter in Chinese Buddhism.  Or a Talisman symbolising Power and Good Fortune.

You  see it a lot in Chinese Period Dramas, especially those involving the Imperial Court or Harem style dramas.

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Yinye said:

Just saw 29 and 30 were so good!!

@Prettysup oh I thought that was referencing all his wounds adding up over time and not a new, recent one?!? 

Oh but Shifu was well during the wedding, then suddenly his lips were so pale in the bamboo scene, I would think he got injured and poisoned in between.

I love this OST, finally we get a male voiced singer!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Spoiler
5 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Btw I am quite sure Zheliu’s death was faked, Shifu had it all planned 

Definitely. There is a poster with 

Spoiler

Zhuo Ying in nomad clothes hugging Zheliu. I don't think they would do such a poster just for promotion. 

And Shifu will never harm an innocent girl in the first place. But he needed Zhuo Ying to focus and to  have nothing that may hold him back (at least for now). So I suppose he gave Zheliu some kind of portion to fake her death. 

Overall very cool episodes, finally we know Lord Chang's true colors. Hope he will follow fake Mudan very soon:angry:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, leo2020 said:
  Hide contents

Definitely. There is a poster with 

Hide contents

Zhuo Ying in nomad clothes hugging Zheliu. I don't think they would do such a poster just for promotion. 

And Shifu will never harm an innocent girl in the first place. But he needed Zhuo Ying to focus and to  have nothing that may hold him back (at least for now). So I suppose he gave Zheliu some kind of portion to fake her death. 

Plus the fact that 

Spoiler

Zheliu’s life is in danger now after knowing Lord Chang’s secret. It will be safer for her to ‘die’ and get out of the palace.  

• Like 3

Watching 31 and 32 - updating as I watch etc. 

Spoiler

The scenes of Haishi being direct and making Shifu a bit shy are adorable. Finally some tiny acknowledgment and progress for OTP.

ZY leaving soon and the only one knowing everything - it got me a bit emo seeing how the cared for everyone: Shifu, Haishi, and ZL.

Corrupt fabric eunuch and the Prince are both not so smart - are they? Smart people don’t think they have it all figured out or just let someone drag them into a mess lol. 

lol I laughed out loud when the Emperor just laying there eating cookies and everyone is stressed to the max about the next assassination attempt. 

Haishi is a clever girl and I really do how she does whatever she wants with both Shifu and the Emperor lol - she just went and asked for the marriage! 

Shifu has a plan! Seriously he doesn’t tell ZY and Haishi everything —- feel sad that he has to force both ZY and Haishi with ZL’s death. 

Shifu telling ZL everything and I pray that his plan is to get her out of the palace to go with ZY. But what is this potion? Fake death or real poison?? Awww her friend maid is too sweet to join her. 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 4

Ep 33:

Spoiler

Opens with a Bang. Love it.

1) The Magnificent Trio of Sifu+Haishi+Fang Zhuo Ying battling against the Huku Magical Alchemist Assassin is very well-choreographed.  The way he is trapped, with Sifu tailing him in the Magical Smoke Tunnel.   And Haishi at the front is Simply Fantastica ! :thumbsup:

2) Sifu is such a Master Strategist.  His idea of having FZY turning into a Hysterical Rogue trying to kill the Emperor but got Sifu instead.  So that he has a Valid Reason to escape back to Huku is So Novel.  Too bad Sifu cannot include Haishi in the Loop.  And then having Haishi going after FZY and trying to kill him with an Arrow, complete the "Act" convincingly.  This way, FZY will be warmly welcomed back by his Huku Country Men.

Once again Haishi  Misunderstood Sifu.  And she will continue to misunderstand him again and again

3) Too bad Fu Yi (Prince Ji Chang's Spy) discovered that Haishi is a Girl.  The doctor is too Silly to just tell somebody like that.  

4) Palace Politics is terrible. They never appreciate Sifu's Meritorious Performance all these years.  One faux pas and they want his blood. 

So all these happenings are laying the ground for the Palace Officials to seek punishment for Haishi and Sifu.  Fang Zhuo Ying turning Rogue + Haishi being a Female = Sifu is breeding 2 Rogue Disciples all these While.  A very Serious Crime.  

How can Sifu navigate these impending Explosions?  We already know - the Coming Heart-Break Hotel of course!

Note: Zheliu is Not Dead.  That we can be sure.

• Like 1

Watched trailers till ep40. 

Spoiler

Nooo, WHAT IS GOING ON?! :tears: I read before in the book Haishi and the Emperor have a son. I sincerely hope nothing like that is happening in the drama, pleeeeease:(. Even thinking about it makes me sick...

I hope Shifu is not going to make her do that. To put matters of state before love and personal feelings- I'm OK with that. But to use your loved one as a tool to get a heir to the throne, to give her to your best friend- no, 100% no. It's disgusting(((. 

Some of the trailers are not subbed so hard for me to understand the details, so I hope nothing like that is coming :huh:.

1 hour ago, hush puppy said:

Ep 33:

Reveal hidden contents

Opens with a Bang. Love it.

1) The Magnificent Trio of Sifu+Haishi+Fang Zhuo Ying battling against the Huku Magical Alchemist Assassin is very well-choreographed.  The way he is trapped, with Sifu tailing him in the Magical Smoke Tunnel.   And Haishi from the front is Simply Fantastica ! :thumbsup:

2) Sifu is such a Master Strategist.  His idea of having FZY turning into a Histerical Rogue and trying to kill the Emperor but got Sifu instead.  So that he has a Valid Reason to escape back to Huku is So Novel.  Too bad Sifu cannot include Haishi in the Loop.  And then having Haishi going after FZY and shooting him with an Arrow, complete the "Act" convincingly.  This way, FZY will be warmly welcomed back by his Country Men.

Once again Haishi  Misunderstood Sifu.  And she will continue to misunderstand him again and again

3) Too bad Fu Yi (Prince Ji Chang's Spy) discovered that Haishi is a Girl.  The doctor is too Silly to just tell somebody like that.  

4) Palace Politics is terrible. They never appreciate Sifu's Meritorious Performance all these years.  One faux pas and they want his blood.  But I guess Sifu has his reason to station himself at the North Palace Gate.

So all these happenings are laying the ground for the Palace Officials to seek punishment for Haishi and Sifu.  Fang Zhuo Ying turning Rogue + Haishi being a Female = Sifu is breeding 2 Rogue Disciples all these While.  A very Serious Crime.  

How can Sifu navigate these impending Explosions?  We already know - the Coming Heart-Break Hotel of course!

Note: Zheliu is Not Dead.  That we can be sure. (I'm not so sure about her assistant though). She has just became A Sleeping Beauty - to be awakened by her Prince Charming, Fang Zhuo Ying , the Huku Prince later.

Her assistant is alive too, didn’t you see her?

Shifu finally decided to undo the Baixi, that scene with the emperor was so touching. But I guess it’s too late 

Spoiler

Coz he is going to suffer the poison effect from the emperor tomorrow 

4 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Her assistant is alive too, didn’t you see her?

Shifu finally decided to undo the Baixi, that scene with the emperor was so touching. But I guess it’s too late 

Hi  @Prettysup  It was not shown in Ep 33.  So I didn't know.  I know now.  Bcos I just finished Ep 34 :blush:

Ep 34:

Spoiler

... is so Sweet :hwaiting2:

1) Yes. Sifu finally plans to go ahead with his Love for Haishi.  He plans to :

- exit being the Emperor's Bai Xi

- retire to Liushang and live a Peaceful Life with Haishi

2) Alas.  We all know it is Too Late !  But still.  Sifu is So Romantic:

- dispatching Zheliu to reveal the Truth about her Death and FZY

- sending Shaozi to hand-deliver the Red Wedding Card

- sending away all the men so that he can be alone with Haishi

- the "Red Rose Petals Trail"

- then telling her "I Love You".  We'll marry immediately Tonight.

My Heart is Breaking.  Because the Star-Crossed Lovers will be separated again-  this time Forever.  This is So Sad. So Tragic Indeed. Sifu, if only you have not hesitated.  Why must it takes you 34 episodes to make up your Mind?

In this Episode, I lost interest in the other people's romance

:heartbreak: :cries3::sad1:

• Like 2

“Novoland: Pearl Eclipse” Emperor Xu loved Ti Lan, why did he still marry Fanghai?

In order to protect Fanghai, Fang Zhu sent Fanghai to Di Xu’s side of the scene. This segment is also the most abused in this play. In the trailer, we can see that Fang Zhu finally decided to release the life-extension agreement with Di Xu for Fang Hai, but in the end something changed. Fang Hai still became Di Xu’s woman, that is, Hu Zhu. Madam, was named Concubine Chun Rong.

There is a doubt here. It is reasonable to say that the person that Emperor Xu loved is the purple hairpin. When Ti Lan wanted to enter the palace, he blocked it in every possible way. Later, she abused Tilan in various ways. Because Tilan and Purple Hairpin look the same, they used her as a substitute. Even if Tilan later developed uterine bleeding, Fang Hai City solved Di Xu’s heart. Xu is getting better with Tilan, picking flowers and praying for her, but there is still a gap compared with the feelings for Ti Lan. Di Xu has such a deep affection, why would he still marry Fang Haishi to become his own woman?

To know that Fang Zhu likes Fanghai, he should know this. How can he covet his brother’s sweetheart? In fact, the answer is very simple. Chen Xiaojun, the actor of “Tilan”, mentioned this reason in an interview. She looks exactly the same as Tilan, and the reason why Fanghai City was married into the palace by Dixu was because of Fanghai City. The character is the same as the purple hairpin, this is where Di Xu looks at Zhong Fanghai City.

But no matter what, Di Xu’s marriage to Fang Hai City is somewhat unacceptable. Although Fang Zhu’s life span is not long, many people still hope that Fang Hai City will have a beautiful love with him instead of being so sadistic. According to the description in the original book, Fang Hai City did not have a good time after marrying Di Xu. Di Xu tortured Fang Hai City just like Tilan, which was speechless.

And later Dixu and Fang Zhu were killed because of King Chang’s rebellion. Fang Zhu and Fanghai City’s pair was a complete separation of life and death, very sadistic. Although the drama version said that Yang Mi once said in an interview that he could eat sugar at the end. , But I don’t know what it specifically refers to. Maybe Fang Zhu didn’t die, maybe Fang Hai and Fang Zhu stayed together. The ending depends on how the ending of the show was adapted.

• Like 2

after watching E34, if I were Hai Shi, I would ask Sifu

Spoiler

"Is marrying me another one of your ploys?" 

because of the mistrust, she doesn't believe that the marriage vows he sent her were real, and tbh I won't blame her for that. Time and again, he's denied any feeling for her, eventhough her instincts tell her otherwise but being the person she is, her pride prevents her from believing him and being hurt again. And she's been made a pawn as part of his plans, though we know he has the best of intentions - to protect the Emperor and the kingdom - but at what cost?

And until the day they marry, she does not find out about the Bai Xi arrangement. Knowing him, he prolly won't as he won't want her to be know and be concerned about it. 

I was truly clapping my hands in glee when she threw the marriage vows at him and gave a piece of her mind to him. It was that one moment when she considered herself an equal, being able to speak to him in that manner (the other time was when she broke the hairpin and she called him by his name), which really elevated her standing in their relationship where she tends to subordinate herself.

• Like 3

Oh my gosh... when Haishi still asked about 'likes' (shi huan), our gentle Shifu answered with 'love' (ai). But unfortunately Shifu only kept that in his heart because he's afraid eventhough Haishi looks so drunk maybe she could hear what he said....

Okay so sweet how Shifu finally proposed Haishi, but why Shifu asked Haishi married him that night? If Shifu and Haishi already had their first night together, that's big chance that's their children. But in preview, the Emperor said that's the only one thing that she should do.

Curious for the next episodes... The Emperor clearly knew that Shifu really loved Haishi and did all he could for Haishi. And he also clearly admit that he loved Tilan

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Actually all the 3 Main Female Characters in "Novoland: Pearl Eclipse" are strong figures in their own rights:

Haishi:

a) The word "Courage" runs through her journey from Childhood to Adulthood. Under the pressure of Cruel Destiny, she dares to take charge of her own life.

b) When she met Fang Jian Ming for the first time, she took the initiative to choose "Being a Boy", so that she can have everything except "Ease".

c) She used "Huangquan Pass", to kill the King of Huku to acquire credentials for her Career, and stands together with her Sifu  in the Court.

d) I'm sure when she enters the palace as a Concubine, she will not allow herself to be restricted by the concubine status but go on to break the "Glass Ceiling".

Tilan: 

Initially shown as a weak woman. But she actually has her own persistence and edges. Despite her initial difficulties, she has the strength of character to forgive Emperor Xu and  manage to comfort and  help him heal his wounds. 

Zheliu:

After losing her Eyesight, she did not wallow in self-pity. She took over the mantle of her dead aunt, Ju Qiqi.  She cooperated with Fang Jian Ming (Sifu) to create a Dark Line and Contribute to the Country.

I'm entralled by Haishi - Fang Jian Ming Relationship 

This mentor-apprentice are actually Equal in Psychological Status.  And I appreciate the fact that Sifu did not have the Overbearing attitude of most period dramas' male protagonist.

Haishi and Sifu's Love is very similar to Licorice Candy: bitter in the mouth, bitter aftertaste. But Bitterness is also a Good Medicine.

Every word of Love is not mentioned. Every word of love is love. It was broken by the implicit love of these two people. Fang Jian Ming and Haishi's love although seemingly calm, is advanced in each and every detail.  E.g. Fang Jian Ming would smile silently when he received the purse embroidered by Haishi herself.

Their Love is witnessed by the Wind Tree: The flowers bloom and fall.  And the tree of love between Haishi and Sifu sprouts, luxuriant and splendid.  But it remains "Speechless".   

Like the Famous Chinese Poem which says: "She said that the south of Yangtze River is like a tree.  And the scenery in front of me begins to have the same effect"

In reality, both Haishi and Sifu each has their own responsibilities.  And their emotions are implicit.  Therefore this drama uses finishing touch details to replace the Big Love Scenes.

And I love it!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1