[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Novoland: Pearl Eclipse 九州·斛珠夫人

sugarplum892

I believe the Mole in the Palace who Fang Jian Ming (Sifu) is searching for, is Prince Ji Chang.  He is just bidding his time by pretending to be a "Clown".

General Tang is with Prince Ji Chang. Since General Tang and Consort Shurong (Tilan) grew up together, they may have affections for each other 

13 hours ago, potensvita said:

There is something I don't understand about tilan in episode 20. 

Reveal hidden contents

Why .. she went and imitate zizan and practically got herself rape?  I mean she is bullied...... But I rather go somewhere far away from the emperor. And live on....

2 hours ago, ElleSor said:

Me, too. I don't understand her intentions here. Of all times to do it, was she hoping he was drunk and would not notice? 

I interpret it as Ti Lan, being pressured by her country’s envoy, trying to persuade the Emperor to send help to her Zhu Nian Tribe. She hoped that by looking like Zi Zan, the Emperor would be more amenable to agree. I don’t think she expected the Emperor to be drunk. However, unknown to her, the Emperor had always been soft-hearted in the past, and even though Zi Zan was against it, he would persuade his father, the then Emperor, to help. He now knows that the Zhu Nian tribe are greedy, and just taking advantage of the fact that their princesses are favoured by the Emperor. Not sure if Ti Lan knows she is being made use of - she doesn’t seem as smart as her late sister.

• Like 3

"Novoland: Pearl Eclipse" has exceeded 1 billion views

The Beijing News reported on November 20 that the TV series "Novoland: Pearl Eclipse" starring Yang Mi and Chen Weiting posted a poster on the official Weibo to celebrate that the show's views on Tencent Video exceeded 1 billion.

A few days ago, it was launched overseas - in Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Spain, Arabia and other countries and regions.

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, omiki said:

I interpret it as Ti Lan, being pressured by her country’s envoy, trying to persuade the Emperor to send help to her Zhu Nian Tribe. She hoped that by looking like Zi Zan, the Emperor would be more amenable to agree. I don’t think she expected the Emperor to be drunk. However, unknown to her, the Emperor had always been soft-hearted in the past, and even though Zi Zan was against it, he would persuade his father, the then Emperor, to help. He now knows that the Zhu Nian tribe are greedy, and just taking advantage of the fact that their princesses are favoured by the Emperor. Not sure if Ti Lan knows she is being made use of - she doesn’t seem as smart as her late sister.

Ah I see. 

I feel sad for her. 

It's like she was groomed to take the place of her sister.

• Like 1

Ep 19 - it the first ‘slow’ episode for me. ZL takes over the Fabric Office and agreed to be a spy. Shifu sending candy was cute, Emperor and Tilan finally communicating well but blah politics interfere. The other sleepy prince is def plotting something.

Ep 20 - Tilan is not so smart (she doesn’t learn to observe the emperor before asking or doing something). Emperor is a moody child lol. Yey ZY made a move towards ZL! Fang sibling reunion was sweet. Yang Mi wearing the official robes to see the King cute - she is so tiny. What a big promotion for Haishi too and yah too eye catching is no good. Aww the conversation and ‘don’t get too close’ scene lol. I laughed lol. 

Oh Shifu’s  red wedding dream was so beautifully shot (they made it very dream like cinematography wise) but I feel it is actually a bad omen. 

Lol at Haishi staring at Shifu but telling the guy she’s staring at the girls. Oh and she sent crab with that note lol!!! WC’s face acting here was spot on too. Will have to rewatch these scenes again lol

Drunk emperor and Tilan pretending to be ZZ?!? Oh nooooo I don’t like this - bad feeling. I know she is doing it because she wants to help her people but he has been so unstable. Provoking him intentionally despite him telling her so many times to not do it too. I fear this relationship just went backwards - into the negatives digits 

Spoiler

Oh I hope he won’t go through with violence and slept with her. Saw some people calling this rape so it boils down to consent. If she provoked him to do this then it isn’t rape. 

I also hope Tilan will grow and live for herself Ms not be her country’s puppet or her sister’s shadow.

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 1

On 11/18/2021 at 11:47 PM, Yinye said:

From what the director said, it’s a heart wrenching love stories from beginning to end lol be prepared team! 

Yups that interview made me believe 90% this drama would have BE. After William's interview, it became 98%?

This week Shi Fu will start to push away Hai Shi.

5 hours ago, hush puppy said:

I believe the Mole in the Palace who Fang Jian Ming (Sifu) is searching for, is Prince Ji Chang.  He is just bidding his time by pretending to be a "Clown".

General Tang is with Prince Ji Chang. Since General Tang and Consort Tilan grew up together, they may have affections for each other 

Agree. I think the great mastermind is that Prince Ji Chang.

For anyone who already watched, I have question FZY. So did he know that he's the missing prince? So he knew that the one who Haishi killed was his father? And the one who wanna kill Haishi was his twin brother?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yinye said:

Ep 19 - it the first ‘slow’ episode for me. ZL takes over the Fabric Office and agreed to be a spy. Shifu sending candy was cute, Emperor and Tilan finally communicating well but blah politics interfere. The other sleepy prince is def plotting something.

Ep 20 - Tilan is not so smart (she doesn’t learn to observe the emperor before asking or doing something). Emperor is a moody child lol. Yey ZY made a move towards ZL! Fang sibling reunion was sweet. Yang Mi wearing the official robes to see the King cute - she is so tiny. What a big promotion for Haishi too and yah too eye catching is no good. Aww the conversation and ‘don’t get too close’ scene lol. I laughed lol. 

Oh Shifu’s  red wedding dream was so beautifully shot (they made it very dream like cinematography wise) but I feel it is actually a bad omen. 

Lol at Haishi staring at Shifu but telling the guy she’s staring at the girls. Oh and she sent crab with that note lol!!! WC’s face acting here was spot on too. Will have to rewatch these scenes again lol

Drunk emperor and Tilan pretending to be ZZ?!? Oh nooooo I don’t like this - bad feeling. I know she is doing it because she wants to help her people but he has been so unstable. Provoking him intentionally despite him telling her so many times to not do it too. I fear this relationship just went backwards - into the negatives digits 

Reveal hidden contents

Oh I hope he won’t go through with violence and slept with her. Saw some people calling this rape so it boils down to consent. If she provoked him to do this then it isn’t rape. 

I also hope Tilan will grow and live for herself Ms not be her country’s puppet or her sister’s shadow.

Ah yeah...I just realized that she really provoked it...was setting herself up for it, in fact. Although there was violence...I'm not going to call it rape. She set the whole thing up...in the bedchamber, wearing clothes like her sister...she had every intention of grabbing his attention and getting him to do something sexual. 

• Like 2

Honestly I'm not so interested in the Emperor-Tilan relationship. Kinda boring.    I have FF their scenes for some time now.

I prefer the Fang Zhou Ying-Zhe Liu love story.

Ep 21 - Notable Scenes which I like:

Spoiler

Haishi quote a poem sifu had taught her when she was younger.  Of course it is about missing a lover.  What else is on Haishi's mind nowadays.  Sifu said: I've forgotten.  Haishi retorted: Never mind.  As long as I remember. (Cheeky girl)

Haishi trips and falls at the door. Caught by Sifu. Haishi says: "Smells Good". Meaning Sifu smells good.  Sifu gave her a stern look.  She changed the topic.: "I meant these" - a packet of, some kind of food FZYing has given her.

So Sifu took Haishi home to see her mother (his mother-in-law :w00t:)

Ouch!  Zhe Liu found out that Haishi is a Woman.

Ep 22:

Spoiler

@Prettysup  1)  We can  see William's Dimples at last. More than once. Because he "Smiles". :lol:

2) Finally the enemy uses the issue of Fang Zhuo Ying to discredit Sifu. I hope FZY does not turn Rogue.

3) Another "Lovely Underwater Scene".  Because of an Assassination attempt, Haishi fell into the Ocean and Sifu dived in after her. The Mermaid's Magic  in her Palms was "activated".  The Mermaid appears to save her.  A Beautiful Scene. 

4) Zhe Liu is such a righteous girl.  Having found out Ju Qi Qi's secret messages, she came to inform Sifu - in confidence.  

Sifu is equally righteous.  He told Zhe Liu to get rid of the evidence.  No need to smear the Reputation of a deceased person. (I Salute Him)

5) Shaozi is so Careless. Sifu brought back the sole surviving assassin.  But on the way to the Emperor, the assassin managed to get hold of a Porcelain Chip.  And then of course use it to "Hara-Kiri' himself later.  Thus the only Witness of the Prince Chang/ Su Ming Conspiracy was Lost.

6) The last surviving sister of the Emperor suddenly comes a visiting.  Another "Prince Chang Steteotype?" Signalling the start of more Angst or the start of a Rebellion in the coming episodes.

One thing I like about "Novoland - Pearl Eclipse" is the absence of "Water Injections".  Issues are quickly resolved.  Examples: The capture of Haishi by the Huku Tribe.  In other dramas, this could have drag on for several episodes, making us viewers weary and lose interest.  I applaud the Director for this.

• Like 1

The previews for episodes 25-26 are killing me. 

The entire next week promises glass. I don't know whether to keep watching or wait for the finale. The ending of the novel is too painful, and what the ending of the dorama will be is unknown.

• Sad 1

Already watched preview ep 25 and 26, that's for next week.

Spoiler

I dunno the reason Shifu pushed Haishi away. He clearly knew that he loved Haishi, and the mermaid also confirmed about that. 

Why he did that kinda flirting with The Emperor's sister but got jealous when Haishi was close with another man? Actually when Haishi threw the hairpin from Shifu, I got conflicted feeling, I felt happy because Shifu got the pain because of his own stupid choice, but I felt sad because both of them were in pain.

About the spoiler Yangmi and the young boy

Spoiler

The young boy with that clothes would be the young emperor, the next emperor. I dunno he would be Emperor and Haishi's son or Emperor and Princess Tilan's son. If that's Emperor and Haishi's son, I guess this would be similar like in novel.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, maria_m2me said:

Already watched preview ep 25 and 26, that's for next week.

Hide contents

I dunno the reason Shifu pushed Haishi away. He clearly knew that he loved Haishi, and the mermaid also confirmed about that. 

Why he did that kinda flirting with The Emperor's sister but got jealous when Haishi was close with another man? Actually when Haishi threw the hairpin from Shifu, I got conflicted feeling, I felt happy because Shifu got the pain because of his own stupid choice, but I felt sad because both of them were in pain.

About the spoiler Yangmi and the young boy

Hide contents

The young boy with that clothes would be the young emperor, the next emperor. I dunno he would be Emperor and Haishi's son or Emperor and Princess Tilan's son. If that's Emperor and Haishi's son, I guess this would be similar like in novel.

@maria_m2me 

Spoiler

Sifu pushes Haishi away because of the Assassination Attempt at her Hometown.  Not to mention the Nightmare he has when he last meditate to calm down.  He realises that having Haishi with him will always endanger her life.  He has a lot of Enemies and these people will Never Hesitate to use Haishi to threaten him.  So he "thought"  the Safest Place for Haishi, is to be with the Emperor. (We human beings tend to worry more than we should)

He always does the Best for Haishi.  And the Emperor knows it.  The only Disadvantage of this move is that Haishi does not know that Sifu is a Baixi for the Emperor.  Once she knows that, she will understand the full weight of Sifu's Dilemma for her.  If only Sifu knows how to Undo the Spell of Baixi.  I'm sure he will go full steam with their relationship.  That's the Folly of a Hasty, Youthful decision - which most Youths tend to commit and regret later.

**Not to mention of course. That he cannot keep the Secret of Haishi being a Woman forever.  And it is a Crime to withhold the Truth from the Emperor.

Spoiler

As for the Young Emperor, my guess is that he is the child of Sifu and Haishi.  Because knowing Haishi, she will Never Allow the emperor to consumate their wedding.  Their wedding is all a Show, put on for others to see.  And of course the Emperor gladly uses it to get back at Sifu for causing the Death of his beloved Queen.  To check and balance Sifu.  Because with Haishi at his side, Fang Jian Ming will never dare Rebel against the emperor.  The emperor is not stupid

It is heart-rending of course.  When Lovers cannot be together :sad1:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hush puppy said:

@maria_m2me 

Reveal hidden contents

Sifu pushes Haishi away because of the Assassination Attempt at her Hometown.  Not to mention the Nightmare he has when he last meditate to calm down.  He realises that having Haishi with him will always endanger her life.  He has a lot of Enemies and these people will Never Hesitate to use Haishi to threaten him.  So he "thought"  the Safest Place for Haishi, is to be with the Emperor. (We human beings tend to worry more than we should)

He always does the Best for Haishi.  And the Emperor knows it.  The only Disadvantage of this move is that Haishi does not know that Sifu is a Baixi for the Emperor.  Once she knows that, she will understand the full weight of Sifu's Dilemma for her.  If only Sifu knows how to Undo the Spell of Baixi.  I'm sure he will go full steam with their relationship.  That's the Folly of a Hasty, Youthful decision - which most Youths tend to commit and regret later.

Reveal hidden contents

As for the Young Emperor, my guess is that he is the child of Sifu and Haishi.  Because knowing Haishi, she will Never Allow the emperor to consumate their wedding.  Their wedding is all a Show, put on for others to see.  And of course the Emperor gladly uses it to get back at Sifu for causing the Death of his beloved Queen.  To check and balance Sifu.  Because with Haishi at his side, Fang Jian Ming will never dare Rebel against the emperor.  The emperor is not stupid

It is heart-rending of course.  When Lovers cannot be together :sad1:

Agree @hush puppy 

Shifu did that because he thought Haishi's life was safe with The Emperor.

In episode 11/12, when Shifu explained about him as The Emperor's Baixi, I got the feeling that time Shifu got conflict in his minds, he made his best friend lost his wife and his unborn baby, but in same time he realize as a Baixi his life was in danger and he could die anytime, he indeed loved Haishi and he clearly knew that Haishi loved him, but he couldn't with her, so he apologized.

One question, if The Emperor let Shifu-Haishi's son as the next emperor, isn't he's not Royal Blood?

I remember a drama Legend of Phoenix, the FL become the regent of the next emperor but actually that's not her own son. The next emperor, the young boy, really loved and respect her as his Mom and Queen Dowager. But later FL asked his young emperor to let her out of palace, let him become the real ruler. In the end FL met again the ML and they're together. The ML was the general that protected the country. So young emperor who knew about FL actually loved the general, let FL and ML together

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maria_m2me said:

One question, if The Emperor let Shifu-Haishi's son as the next emperor, isn't he's not Royal Blood?

I remember a drama Legend of Phoenix, the FL become the regent of the next emperor but actually that's not her own son. The next emperor, the young boy, really loved and respect her as his Mom and Queen Dowager. But later FL asked his young emperor to let her out of palace, let him become the real ruler. In the end FL met again the ML and they're together. The ML was the general that protected the country. So young emperor who knew about FL actually loved the general, let FL and ML together

@maria_m2me   "What is Royal Blood?"  In my opinion, "Royal Blood" is:

-  when you and your Descendants have been in Power successively for some time - let's say decades?

-  when the common people and neighbouring nations acknowledge your authority

Throughout History, the Emperor will simply sleep with  any woman he fancies: maids, some woman he fancies in his trips outside the palace.  He will make his favourite prince his Crown Prince.  Without regards for his competence.  Which results in the fall of the empire after the emperor dies.

If you say the piece of Paper is Legal Tender, so it is the Legal Tender.  If you say Diamond is precious, so it is.  

Spoiler

If my Guess is correct, Haishi and Sifu will have to keep the identity of the Little Emperor a secret forever.  That is if they want to preserve the Peace in the empire.  But this Secret will provide them with some  consolation and contentment.

As for Haishi and Sifu to be together, is impossible.  Because if the emperor dies, so will Sifu.  That's the fatality of being his Baixi.  If Haishi kicks butts during their wedding night, Sifu is the one to feel the pain. Not the emperor.  Which is why I say Fang Jian Ming is a Tragic Figure.

This story is destined to end in Tragedy.

• Sad 2

Spoiler

I, too, think we're all in for a tragedy. I, too, want the heroine to have a child from her mentor, not just a ring. But I can't imagine how the emperor can allow them to sleep together if she becomes his woman and the mentor tries in every way to push her away for her own good.

On the other hand, the mentor in the drama didn't mutilate himself like in the novel. That's a little reassuring.