[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Novoland: Pearl Eclipse 九州·斛珠夫人

sugarplum892

Finished watched all 6 episodes and I need more... The feeling for ongoing drama.... Hard to explain it... But honestly till now I got 90% feeling for BE

Spoiler

this drama will be end like the novel (this just my own feeling based on teaser and the MV - as you remember in one of teaser video there's backview of FL (I guess) with long majesty coat (the blue one), maybe FL will be the Female Emperor???

So in drama ML isn't a eunuch, but he's Emperor shadow (for now) but maybe later he make a comeback to court and that time FL become one of Concubine. Oh yah ML choose to not marry, but somehow there's one woman in Palace who likes ML so much, maybe later he will choose to marry her to push FL to the Emperor?

So far all the romantic scene are FL's imagination so later the wedding or another romantic scene will be ML's imagination. Specially for wedding scene, that's ML's imagination because actually that day FL married with the Emperor.

Okay I just want to share my craziness about this long waited drama...

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, Jolie Bijoux said:

This is the first time I see William!! And I must say I like him a lot! 

Someone pls tell me will it end tragically? :tears:

I really want Haishi ends up with Shifu -_-

Not too sure about the ending, but Yang Mi said in an interview that there will be sweetness if we watch till the end. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

Ok seeing your comments made me watch ep 1 instead of sleeping!

The production (set, costumes, effects) and quality of ep 1 are very very high! (last time this impressed was Rises of the Phoenix w/ Nini and CK). Feels like a film rather than a drama! The writing/story (def a fantasy/fable style) and direction are also super solid and so much better than I expected! Kudos for having the younger actress play little Haishi (anyone know her name?) She was great. The action scenes were choreograph so well too - that one scene during the hunt was so fun to watch. A fabulous start and things already took me by surprised. WC did great. Emperor ok. It’s too soon re YM. The ending ballad really hit me though after listening with the context of the first episode. My only major dislike is the hairstyle on WC with the two annoying strands when it’s down. I’ve always hated this hair style lol.

Spoiler

So ladies did Haishi’s father purposely stage to kill her to trick the mermaid to cry and make pearls but really didn’t want to kill her? The mermaid queen or princess really took them out for it tho. I guess this explains Haishi’s father/trust psychological or emotional condition too. 

I agree with Ellesor re the dynamic between the two male leads - want to know more of how this came to be.

My six sense is already telling me it’s a sad ending; to me this is not a deal breaker. Some of the most meaningful love story are sad. I will watch it all as I want to see how this love story plays out. 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

I wanted to save some episodes for the weekend but end up I still watched   6 episodes. Poor William shi-fu… but I like to see ML getting injured though haha 

27 minutes ago, Yinye said:

The production (set, costumes, effects) and quality of ep 1 are very very high! (last time this impressed was Rises of the Phoenix w/ Nini and CK). Feels like a film rather than a drama! The writing/story (def a fantasy/fable style) and direction are also super solid and so much better than I expected! Kudos for having the younger actress play little Haishi (anyone know her name?) She was great. The action scenes were choreograph so well too - that one scene during the hunt was so fun to watch. A fabulous start and things already took me by surprised. WC did great. Emperor ok. It’s too soon re YM. The ending ballad really hit me though after listening with the context of the first episode.

Little Haishi is played by Liu Qiqi (刘琪锜), she is 13 years old. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1

@Yinye

They do the same look on Reba too ha-ha. But on William he pulls it off better than her. I always feel the need to snip off the loose strands LoL. It look so messy? 

Er--the time jump and Haishi has now turn into Yang Mi but, William hasn't aged? Her character is like from Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms where she crushes on her master while cross dressed as a male protégé. 

I can tell it's Yang Mi's actual voice but why must they dub William's? 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

7 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@Yinye

They do the same look on Reba too ha-ha. But on William he pulls it off better than her. I always feel the need to snip off the loose strands LoL. It look so messy? 

Er--the time jump and Haishi has now turn into Yang Mi but, William hasn't aged? Her character is like from Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms where she crushes on her master while cross dressed as a male protégé. 

I can tell it's Yang Mi's actual voice but why must they dub William's? 

William is from Hong Kong, his accent will not suit a historical drama.

• Like 2

TGIF!! I am watching ep 2 onwards now. 

Ep2

Spoiler

I am loving the Emperor’s dark humor and unique personality even if it’s not so likable right now; his line re why he wasn’t the target during the lantern festival was funny. 

I am also enjoying the creative and fun fight scenes. 

embarrassed blush GIF
Re Haishi checking out Shifu and having romantic dreams already lol 

Girl- you had no chance lol

Ep3

Spoiler

Oh so there is a magical bond between the Emperor and Shifu; where if the Emperor gets hurt physically, Shifu bears the condition too? It doesn’t work in reverse because when Shifu got hurt earlier the Emperor was ok.

So there are light magical elements. I suspect Haishi also received something magical or powers from the mermaid too?!

oh wait this new Princess looks exactly like the Emperor’s lover?!? Does he know? Same person or just two princesses that look alike and from same country?

Ep 4

Spoiler

Emperor is a cruel one that isn’t so clever to treat his loyal subjects. I want to know why he’s like this - insane. Good that Haishi is a clever girl. 

ahh it makes sense now - interesting back story and oh what complicated relationships all around!! I appreciate the complexity and mess lol

Ep5 last one for the day zzzzz

Spoiler

Oh wow - I didn’t expect Haishi to really go and try to take out the Emperor! I know she hates him and have tried before. Reckless but it’s interesting development 

This is the best episode yet! Another great fight scene. The dynamics and such an interesting set up re the triangle! I feel the chemistry between the leads now and am curious how Haishi and the Emperor will develop too. Our OTP do not make things easier for themselves with their principles

Also poor Gong Gong Mu !! The poor man has an unstable heartbroken tyrant as his boss lol. He’s always running here and there and pleading for his life 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 1

Hi Everyone,

I just finished Ep 1 & 2.  I forward a lot though.

Ep1:

Spoiler

I love the Opening Scene in the Sea.  It was Great!  With the Mermaid and Young Hashi.  And the Pearls...  So beautiful

Ep2:

Spoiler

The Scene when Hashi went into her Sifu's room and accidentally saw his Abs. :hwaiting2:

So Hilarious.  After that Hashi kept seeing him everywhere: in her dreams, in her Soup..  Until she has to resort to copying the Buddhist Scripts - to calm herself down.

Is William's Abs for Real??  When he puts his robes on, he does not look so Muscular.

Right now the Story is a bit Choppy for me.  Because they are putting the pieces together for us.  So I'm looking forward to the upcoming episodes

• LOL 1

14 hours ago, Yinye said:

Ep3

Hide contents

Oh so there is a magical bond between the Emperor and Shifu; where if the Emperor gets hurt physically, Shifu bears the condition too? It doesn’t work in reverse because when Shifu got hurt earlier the Emperor was ok.

So there are light magical elements. I suspect Haishi also received something magical or powers from the mermaid too?!

oh wait this new Princess looks exactly like the Emperor’s lover?!? Does he know? Same person or just two princesses that look alike and from same country?

Yes the 'magical bond' only works one way.

The princess and the emperor's wife are sisters.

12 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Ep2:

Hide contents

Is William's Abs for Real??  When he puts his robes on, he does not look so Muscular.

Definitely real, he is a work-out fanatic, you can check out his many work-out pictures/ videos on his instagram account:

https://www.instagram.com/williamchanwaiting/

• Love 2

I just finished episode 10 last night after I back home (I have one day hectic because of my little sister's engagement party but after I washed my hair, I chose to watch ep 9 & 10 last night instead of sleep like my mom's order to me.. wkwkwkwkwkkwkw)

Seriously with teaser ep 11 and ep 14, highly excited for ep 13 and ep 14 for Haishi.

Spoiler

For my own guess, Haishi asked Emperor to send her to the North because Shi Fu rejected her. I remember one of scene that Haishi kissed Shifu and he later pushed her. Shifu started becoming cold towards Haishi because Haishi liked him (sure you would regret this decisions, Shifu)

About bounding between the Emperor and Shifu

Spoiler

Since episode 1, already showed that the one who got the arrow was the Emperor but the one who got the wound and poisoned was Shifu. So Shifu was the another's life of the Emperor, back up life. So if people wanted to kill Emperor, the one who got that poison or wound was Shifu.

As I remember, Haishi would know later when she's with the Emperor. Emperor asked her to bite him and later the one who got the wound would be Shifu and the Emperor would be fine, no wound.

About The Emperor

Spoiler

About him, I thought he actually a good guy too because he's care towards his brothers. He did bad to the princess because she looks like his Empress, so he felt little guilty because he liked her but then he betrayed his dead wife.

And about he did bad to his official, because he knew that officials had bad agenda, to their own benefit. That's why he looked Haishi was interesting because he's brave enough to critic him in front of him.

So that's my own opinion... I put on spoiler tag because I don't want others think that's the real story, as I said that's just own opinion, my own crazy guessing...

• Like 1

I’m not familiar with the Novoland series, so I have many questions about how things work there.

For example, is the mermaid from episode 1 a real person from a tribe which is part of the Zheng country or another country? Or is it a random mythical creature? I’m not good with faces, but is the mermaid the dead Empress or her sister? What power did the mermaid transfer to Haishi?

What is the magic spell that bonds the Emperor and Fang Shifu? Is it a spell or some special power? So far up to episode 8, I haven’t seen any witch or shaman that casts spells in the drama. 

Is the Emperor really mad or just eccentric? I feel bad for the poor servant that serves him - he’s trying so hard to please him and the Emperor threatens to kill him left and right. I can’t imagine working for someone so unpredictable.

I enjoyed episode 8 -  fun to watch Haishi taking the imperial exam, and the pace moved faster than episodes 6 and 7 where I was confused why General Su was going after Haishi.

• Like 1