Cast:

Yang Mi as Fang Haishi/ Ye Haishi
William Chan as Fang Zhu/ Fang Jianming
Xu Kaicheng as Di Xu/ Zhu Zhongxu
Chen Xiaoyun as Ti Lan/ Zi Zan
Yuan Yuxuan as Zhe Liu
Wilson Wang as Zhou Ying/ Duo Han/ Duo Luo

Synopsis:

During the Zheng dynasty in the vast ocean of Novoland, the seeking for a magical pearl which could be only obtained from a young Naga girl tears’, caused the slaughter of the Merfolk. For this reason, Hai Shi lost her parents and her whole Yu coastal village. During Hai Shi´s most critical moment she met Fang Zhu, the first official of the imperial court, Hai Shi then became Fang Zhu´s disciple. 

Not long after, Zheng dynasty´s imperial court falls into a great chaos at the same time conflicts with other kingdoms start. Meanwhile the emperor Chi Zhong Xu seems to be unable to keep the order in his court and looks like a self-indulgent ruler. But the persistent support from Fang Zhu allows the nation to see a new time of peace.
Hai Shi then becomes the personal guard of the emperor and she starts to be interested in him, and some misunderstandings rise between them. When the emperor finds out that Hai Shi is a girl, he starts having feelings for her. Hai Shi will have to face her own feelings towards Fang Zhu and the emperor.

Cr mydramalist

Preview:

OSTs:

OST《斛珠夫人 Novoland: Pearl Eclipse》 | Ending song《以无旁骛之吻 Yi Wu Pang Wu Zhi Wen》by Zhou Shen

Additional Links:

Coming soon...

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to SoompiSupport

• Like 3

So was it confirm that William is FZ? It has been a while since I enjoyed a love triangle - I think the only one I ever thought was well done was the LSD - HG - EP in Ballad of the Desert (maybe because it was that I read the novel first and I was rooting for HG but am ok both guys lol). Exciting to have a new YM historical drama. 

• Like 2

Oh noooo William why they gave you that hair style with one or two loose strand hanging in the front?!? Sorry it is one my most hated hair style for Cdramas for men lol. 

I don’t know how to post - but the official posters are out. I saw them on Twitter and the solo ones are lovely, the colors reminds you of the mother of Pearl rainbow sheen....

Character posters for 6 main leads.

And btw the director is Jin Sha, not Lin Yufen

Yang Mi as Fang Haishi / Ye Haishi (one character)

William Chan as Fang Zhu / Fang Jian Ming (one character)

Xu Kaicheng as Di Xu/ Du Zhongxu (one character)

Chen Xiaoyun as Ti Lan / Zi Zan (two characters who look alike)

Wang Seng as Fang Zhuoying / Duo Han / Duo Luo (three characters who look alike)

Yuan Yuxuan as Shiliu

EXeAUurVAAU-4j6?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Novoland: Pearl Eclipse's costumes are beautifully boring, resembling a mashup from the designs of Eternal Love and Legend of Fuyao.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my god! So excited to this drama to be aired!!!

The plot reminds me of Princess Agents but it seems more interesting... Anyway, Yang Mi's ancient drama style are all good so whatever!!

Just looking at the posters and the pic from the BTS makes me think that the acting, the visual, the OST wil be greeeeaaaat !!! It's my 6th sense!!

It's been a while since I don't see her on screen, this time I feel that it will be a hit ^^

Apparently the book was a hit ... maybe I will start to read it ^3^

• Like 2

4 hours ago, angelangie said:

some ppl are complaining that YangMi character poster resembles Zhao LiYing - Princess Agent

I am not surprised if there is suspicion of plagiarism. I have nothing against Yang Mi, but she needs to travel beyond her comfort zone when it comes to acting projects. She typically selects similar roles and plots that lack novelty.

5 hours ago, angelangie said:

some ppl are complaining that YangMi character poster resembles Zhao LiYing - Princess Agent

Actually, the Novoland author won a plagiarism lawsuit against the Princess Agents author. So seems like Princess Agent copied Novoland...

Source: http://www.dramapanda.com/2020/06/novoland-pearl-eclipse-author-xiao-ruse.html?m=1

• Like 4

On 6/18/2020 at 6:26 PM, ebullient said:

I am not surprised if there is suspicion of plagiarism. I have nothing against Yang Mi, but she needs to travel beyond her comfort zone when it comes to acting projects. She typically selects similar roles and plots that lack novelty.

There will be a new drama called Thank you doctor, she will acted as a doctor who came back from abroad. I think this role will different from her previous roles.

She also did movies with impressive roles such as a mother who Travel the time to overcome danger and threats to save her child in Reset with Wallace Huo. It seems weird since when we talk about Yang Mi we only think she did dramas but she actually did a lot of movies.
 :exercice:

• Like 1

I agree with Morpheus. The doctor drama is on pause and they aren’t sure if to resume shooting due to COVID. She is playing a villain in a new movie Assasin in Red. Also whatever happened to the police drama Storm Eye? I think she is branching out in her own way too. But back to this drama, I like the new navy outfit and look on William. 

• Like 4