[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Novoland: Pearl Eclipse 九州·斛珠夫人

sugarplum892

Finally the trailer is here, and I should say the drama looks perfect so far. I must confess I know absolutely nothing about the Novoland universe , but would definitely watch Pearl Eclipse. The leads look amazing together, a perfect example of a "casting match" :heart:. In my opinion, both FL and ML actors have a unique skill to look soft and strong at the same time, and their on-screen chemistry is above the roof. Also very glad to find out  that Huang Jun Jie is here :fullofhearts:

• Like 3

@SilverDawn sorry I didn’t see your post for the trailer on the last page and made this post! 

I don’t see the love triangle at allllllll but it looks so much more like a mature emotional, love story with potential for a sad ending?!?! The chemistry seems really good between YM and WC tho and the cinematography is quite pretty - like the scene with the white blossoms and the night scene with the candles and the door closing. Exited! 

Edited by stella77
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!  I know that Novoland Pearl Eclipse is based on a novel, kind of like the other Novoland dramas.  I'm really excited for the drama, but I do want to read the story and see what it's like?  Have any of you read it, or do you know where I can find translations of it? 

I'm happy that there's a page on here for this drama, where we can talk about it!!  :blush:

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 8:47 AM, exolxin said:

Hello!  I know that Novoland Pearl Eclipse is based on a novel, kind of like the other Novoland dramas.  I'm really excited for the drama, but I do want to read the story and see what it's like?  Have any of you read it, or do you know where I can find translations of it? 

I'm happy that there's a page on here for this drama, where we can talk about it!!  :blush:

I have not read the novel, but from what I gathered so far, there will be some changes to this drama vs the original novel. Do not read if you are avoiding spoilers!

Spoiler

In the novel, the FL was adopted by the ML from young, then they fell in love. But somehow the FL got married to the second ML and bore him a child. The novel had a BE which both the ML and second ML died in the end. I think they are going to change this part in the drama though, coz the novel ML was a eunuch but the drama one is not.

Another interesting point is the ML's family had some weird ties with second ML's family (royalty) and all the injuries or hurt that the second ML suffered will be transferred to the ML. This part will probably be retained in the drama coz William Chan mentioned he kept vomiting blood in this drama haha..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Wiggle 1

@Prettysup  I'm fine with spoilers, don't worry :) I wonder if she'll end up with the ML this time around b/c the teasers look promising.  I'm fine with them changing the novel to have a HE, that way we could have the same story but different endings and people can choose which one they like.  I wonder how the author feels about it though.  Thank you for responding btw :relaxed:

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

On 11/27/2020 at 8:43 AM, exolxin said:

@Prettysup  I'm fine with spoilers, don't worry :) I wonder if she'll end up with the ML this time around b/c the teasers look promising.  I'm fine with them changing the novel to have a HE, that way we could have the same story but different endings and people can choose which one they like.  I wonder how the author feels about it though.  Thank you for responding btw :relaxed:

I am sure the author had been consulted or at least informed about the changes. I am fine with either HE or BE, as long they dont drag out the love triangle.

• Like 4

On 2/15/2021 at 3:25 PM, Yinye said:

I was hoping for at least a new trailer or announcement of tentative air dates. At this rate, fans of C dramas will def level up our patience and waiting skills. 

Based on unconfirmed sources, it is said to air during summer season ~ July. Let’s keep our fingers crossed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/14/2021 at 8:43 PM, Yinye said:

What is she removing - a mask? I hope we get an update soon! It’s mid-June already! 

Coz the male lead wears a mask.

Latest news now says it will be airing in Sept... I dunno ....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzr2HLXrs65LVP08hcpZN

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...