Genre: Modern, Romance

Episodes: 36

Director: Qiang Wu

Broadcast Period: Apr 26, 2021 - May 17, 2021

Cast:

Ren Jia Lun
Fair Xing Fei

Synopsis:

Gu Chuan encountered a car accident, which resulted in severe heart damage. Due to having undergone a heart transplant, he cannot undergo vigorous exercise or intense emotions. Once a cheerful youth who is passionate about life, he becomes a walking corpse due to his lack of confidence. Ten years late, Gu Chuan and good friend Xu Ran established an architecture company. He attempted to accept the fact that he is different from normal people, but keep failing until he meets Jiang Xiaoyu... Jiang Xiaoyu's parents died since she was young, and she was raised by her grandmother and aunt. Despite her unfortunate background, Jiang Xiaoyu grew up to become an optimistic and hardworking girl. By chance, she becomes an employee of Chuan Architecture Firm. Her appearance reignites Gu Chuan's passion and hope toward life, while Gu Chuan helped her realize her dreams and ambition. (Source: DramaWiki)

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

Coming soon...

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Baidu

Weibo

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
17 hours ago, lovehuche said:

Really, I haven't watched it yet.   But watching the trailer seemed cheesy 

I am on start of ep1 now. Can't really judge on the drama for now. Anyway, I love the OST .. they played three different ones in first 20 minutes and I like the three of them.

Her apartment is the same as the one JJ and YS used to live in Love Is Sweet drama :joy:

• Like 2

ok, i finished watching all the 10 episodes subbed in one day and this drama is so good.  I think they did not do too many marketing also for this drama and its a underdog which is very good than the ones which we expect to do good.  The OST's are gem, especially the english one is so good.  Allen Ren and Xing fei is doing a great job, especially allen.  I have seen him in the costume dramas but this in this modern version he is looking damn good.  Its the usual story but something is different.  The interaction between the ML and FL and the way the ML is helping the FL to pursue her dream by teaching her, i have to say both the characters are so down-to-earth.  All the other characters also good but i have a doubt about Cheng Ran's dad.  Was he the one to cause the FL's parents death???? Everything is moving in the right direction and really expect the same for the rest of the episodes.  An unexpected gem among the dramas ongoing now.  

some pics from weibo

Yzjw1YZ.jpg

1URjYIp.jpg

8oHpqAj.jpg

Spoiler

98nUz2G.jpg

UO7E9pu.jpg

Xhzc2O6.jpg

KBPyXqD.jpg

zwULTUS.jpg

cr: weibo

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Watched tonite's episodes 11 & 12 already.  The OTP are slowly and gradually falling in love.  i like how they interact with each other.  Its so heart warming seeing their development.   Likewise i like the second leads too.  They are also so cute.  I like Allen so much, especially his voice.  He has dubbed his own voice.  His voice is so different and kinda light and not deep.    Really enjoying this drama.  Looking forward to upcoming episodes, but have to wait for a week.  :cry:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

46 minutes ago, lovehuche said:

People in mydramalist are complaining about lack of kiss scenes that Allen Ren won't do it because he's married.  I don't believe it; I think it's the script didn't have it.  

Actually, they are right.  He will never do intimate kiss scenes.  The camera person has to be very skilled and show as to make it look like an intimate one. So far, there is no need for a kiss scene and he is doing very well with light physical contacts here and there.  I can see his acting flow is very natural and don't have  to try too hard.   Let's wait and see how he is going to do those lovey dovey after falling in love with her.  Already half way through just confession is left. 

• Love 1

I also watched the first 10 episodes with Eng subs and will probably watch them again.  Mainly because I like to see Ren Jialun’s micro expressions for every emotion that flickers through his character.  I agree that the plot is very good even though all the “domineering boss” cliches are there ( accidentally falling in each other’s arms, ML saves FL from bullying, childhood memories of trauma).  It appears so far  that Boss (Ren Jialun) is initially helping assistant (Fei Xing) because he is not expecting to live much longer .  So the relationship is still boss-employee, teacher-student.  Looking forward to the blooming of romance.

Second ML and FL are hilarious, even the Dr. is comical.  

Promotion was very low-key.  I heard rumors of “black fans” that are targeting Ren Jialun because of internal rivalry with Cheng Yi and Huanrui Century management.  I just hope the quality of this drama will stand out enough to elevate all the actors and actresses above these negative issues. 

I, also, have heard Ren Jialun shies away from kissing.  Perhaps it’s the negative rumors put out by disgruntled fans.  But if the director thinks its important to the drama, I believe he will comply. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, tantaran808 said:

I heard rumors of “black fans” that are targeting Ren Jialun because of internal rivalry with Cheng Yi and Huanrui Century management.  I just hope the quality of this drama will stand out enough to elevate all the actors and actresses above these negative issues. 

Really!!!!!  Is RJ also from the same agency as CY????  I like cheng yi too very much.  I think the CEO who manages the agency is kinda bossy.   Hope nothing bad happens to both of them and the rest of the drama too. 

• Shocked 1

Hi Dear @pad-hari  It has been some time since we're in the same Drama Thread :lol: .  How are you?  I've not been able to find a good drama since "The Rebel Princess".

I agree this one is good. The title: "Ms Crow & Mr Lizard" is a bit weird.  Going by the title, most people will give it a pass.  

I'm just up to ep 6 and I like it. It has a combination of romance, tragedy, treachery and Comedy.

Allen looks so "dimunitive" here.  Would be nice if he is a few inches taller. But nevertheless he still looks good.  His acting is "on-point".  He acts so pessimistic & "fragile", like one knock & he'll break into pieces. :hwaiting2:

I think it is Allen's best buddy, Xu Cheng Ran's father who ordered the other guy's (Tang Xu) dad to cause the accident and have the FL's family wiped off.  Which is why he is so nice to Tang Xu - treating him like a son.  Fortunately the FL survives.  Looking forward to know the whole story behind the accident.  And Tang Xu is the FL's buddy??

@tantaran808 Heard that Huanrui Century is having some management changes.  The boss who brought in Cheng Yi has left the company.  So yes. there'll be some internal squabbling as usual.

Anyway I'm enjoying this drama.  I'm sure more and more people will discover it soon.  But sadly, most viewers look for Big Names.  Not the plot or acting skills

• Love 3

@hush puppyawwww, welcome to the thread.  Yes, it's been long since we have been in the same thread. AR is bit short, even then I like his styling.  His ward robe is good and as also his best buddy XCR's style. 

Ah, ok.  Is it revealed that Xu's father is the culprit.  I heard her aunty hating Xu and asking JXJ if her brother is a person who will never cheat with such big amount of money.   But I think it's competition jealous in architectural world.  Let's wait and see.

You are right about him being so fragile.  I saw an ost where there is heart break between the OTP too. He suddenly realise his condition and start to avoid her as he did to his parents.  OST"s are beautiful especially the English one in the 1st episode when the crow sits on his camera @5 minute mark.  How do you find his voice?  Now that I am so invested in this drama, it's a pain to wait a week for the new episodes. 

• Love 2

Since I don’t read or understand Mandarin, I rely on translated information from YouTube and google.  Let me know  if I write anything false or untrue.

I know one blogger stated there were 50 million views of this drama in the first 12 hours.  Sounds like this might be a hit?

I’m now used to his voice.  At first it sounded a little stiff and monotonal, but I’ve watched the episodes twice now and it matches his Gu Chuan personality.  It should show more emotion as Gu Chuan warms up.  Do you know how many episodes are in this drama?  I’ve seen 24 or 36.

I am worried about Gu Chuan’s failing health and how it will affect JXJ in the end.  Along with discovering the murderer of JXJ’s parents, that’s the draw to keep viewers watching.   

It will be interesting to see how Huanrui develops.  I heard that management was unhappy with Ren Jialun when he publicly revealed his marriage and fatherhood.  Hence support was shifted to Cheng Yi.  Then alleged rivalry between fans caused a warning letter be issued.  Now that Cheng Yi’s support has left Huanrui, I’m hoping conditions for Ren improve.  To me, the two actors’ have different strengths and liking both is fine.

Huanrui seems to be having financial problems as well.  They need to achieve success for all their celebrities, not just from a select few.  

Love reading your comments, pad-hard, hush puppy, and lovehuche.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

When I start to watch yesteday it's because Ren Jialun :wub:. So I start to watch episode 01 and that really GRAB my attention. About when they meet together in the first and the lizard was there, how it's like a dream/fairy..I mean, the color was warm. So yes, I finish the whole 12 episodes LOL and was waiting for more. Specially waiting Gu Chuan x Xiao Ning knowing the connection between them. 

Did you all find is a little weird about the Doctor P. He use to call our Gu Chuan...Xiao Chuan. He was like don't fall in love, don't do nothing that can make your heart too fast. BUT when he came back, he was like don't listening the me and just listening what I said...isn't kind a weird? Maybe double personality or TWIN? If you open the episode 7 and turn until 14:28 ...please listening the doctor P and Gu Chuan conversation...kind a weird no?

Wayne o.o really kiss extreme in this serie...I was surprise....His acting is really good, he act more fluid and really into his characters. I hope he can be more in future the lead...like in True Colours. He was good inside. 

Su Ma Lin...:unamused: seem going in the bad way because be jealous on Xiao Ning...that isn't good for this characters if she not awake...

At the end of episode 12, the girl who appear...was 

Spoiler

the ex-girlfriend from Gu Chuan before right? 

This serie have some similarity with two kdrama I watch before...

Not care about Ren Jialun kissing with his costar or not. His acting is really always great and isn't a kiss that make us to watch...Why do we need to see a kiss between the couple to be sure they will be happy lolll Just the story is great make me happy. 

Tang Xu...will become bad in the future probably...Or he will end like his father...

Between Chen Yi and Ren Jialun...I love both of them, but I have a feeling that Chen Yi in a real life isn't what I think. Ren Jialun seem more without a facade...maybe is my only thinking hm...

• Like 2
  • Love 2