[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Miss Crow with Mr Lizard 乌鸦小姐与蜥蜴先生

Lynne

I’m up to episode 30 with Eng subs.

I am impressed with the screenwriting. The characters are well-rounded - this is not an ordinary pet idol drama.  The plot and dialog makes the drama outstanding for me and makes us care and love the 4 leading characters.  If [insert your favorite actor] and [insert your favorite actress] can act, this drama would be successful for them as well.

Of course, RJL and Fei Xing have a special chemistry that makes the drama take off for me.

Being an animal lover, I am especially touched by Ice Cream and how his story blends in with the underlying question: At what point is life no longer worth living?

Looking forward to the last 6 episodes next week.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

I have watched all the episodes and this drama indeed hit my expectation more or less.

Spoiler

It is a happy ending and I am glad that they made it through hardship although the ending was so rush. In final scene, I almost broke down when the camera shifted to smart speaker with Gu Chuan's voice. I thought he died and Xiao Ning created some high tech smart speaker with Gu Chuan's voice.  Luckily, real Chuan appeared.

The last 6 episodes were hard to watch. Gu Chuan was really suffering. I have seen RJL's dramas and seen his characters' getting tortured or abused numerous times. But Chuan hit differently compared to his other's roles, the  most tortured one yet.  He was just... smiling so sweetly in pain and sickness. Chuan was so pale, he moved slowly and softly, most of the time, his hand on his chest. Yet, he built the house, cooked, drove and fought for Xiao Ning. It was so painful to watch those scenes.

I am sure (Or I am just so biased to this scriptwriter for being awesome most of the time) the ending scene could have been cut off or censored by the censorship board. Given how detail oriented and consistent this drama plot is, the original plot may have explained on how Chuan survived with better technology but China's Censorship board is another  tough nut to crack. After all, this drama indeed went through some editing changes. That's why they missed their first airing date.

12 hours ago, tantaran808 said:

I’m up to episode 30 with Eng subs.

I am impressed with the screenwriting. The characters are well-rounded - this is not an ordinary pet idol drama.  The plot and dialog makes the drama outstanding for me and makes us care and love the 4 leading characters.  If [insert your favorite actor] and [insert your favorite actress] can act, this drama would be successful for them as well.

Of course, RJL and Fei Xing have a special chemistry that makes the drama take off for me.

Being an animal lover, I am especially touched by Ice Cream and how his story blends in with the underlying question: At what point is life no longer worth living?

Looking forward to the last 6 episodes next week.

I cried a lot in episode 30, thanks to Ice Cream(and Chuan). It indeed made us think about the underlying question and I loved how it paralleled with Gu Chuan's state. Both are "saved" by XN, facing the chronic  health issues and  "no longer" worth living in this painful world. But they answered this underlying question beautifully in their own ways. They held on and made every second count.:crybaby:

The director knows how to induce the tears from audience. We had "dying" cat & "dying" Chuan crying by river, acted out by RJL who knows how to cry so well. 

Btw, do you guys realize that Chuan always had his mouth slightly opened to do roll breathing when he faced events that could make his heartbeat elevated? He was doing so to control his heartbeat. kudos to RJL for being so detailed when its comes to acting and making every move unique to the character. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

@Ma OOIt’s amazing that you noticed GC’s measured breathing as part of his heart condition.  

I share your thoughts about episode 30.  When GC takes the dying Ice Cream and sits next to him at the river, it magnifies his intense grief.  It seems like he is making some kind of decision of how he wants to leave this world.   

BTW

I heard that RJL held a live chat with his fans recently.  Any new and exciting news?

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

13 hours ago, tantaran808 said:

@Ma OOIt’s amazing that you noticed GC’s measured breathing as part of his heart condition.  

I share your thoughts about episode 30.  When GC takes the dying Ice Cream and sits next to him at the river, it magnifies his intense grief.  It seems like he is making some kind of decision of how he wants to leave this world.   

BTW

I heard that RJL held a live chat with his fans recently.  Any new and exciting news?

Well, he sure has hella lots projects going on but nothing is on screen right now. As always.

The live Chat is just for him  to promote some products and they did play a few games and such. We shall wait for the RJL's fan club to sub those (Hopefully) and post on youtube. But I think nothing much.  IQYi has started to promote aggressively for Forever and Ever but then again, I wonder if they have actually passed the review by government. Still, promotion are massive. 

For Youku, it is just not at the right time to catch this cash cow RJL since they had no high-profile dramas with him that has been filmed, so they started to put up billboard of Blue Whisper. That drama is still filming and our RJL, famous for "spoiling", told the media that they are still 20 days away to finish filming. :sweats:   No way Blue Whisper is airing this year. So quite redundant. 

Tencent seen to made tons of $$ with MCWML, given how low budgeted it was. :partyblob:

Oh, recently, Xing Fei called RJL an old man with broken thoughts during the interview. How fitting. LOL

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

@Ma OOHeh, heh. Thanks for the updates.  I guess it’s the same old waiting game for the release of new dramas.  I’m clinging to MCWML this week for the last episodes.

LOL at “old mad with broken thoughts. ”. I get the old man part but not sure on the “broken thoughts.”  Can you please explain more?

• Blob 1

EVENT: 50 Things You Learn From A Korean Drama

Have you ever tried to explain to your friends and family why you watch k-dramas? What is it that makes them so unique?

Chingus, now is your chance to help us compile a list of what you have learned from watching Korean dramas. :partyblob:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl

20 hours ago, tantaran808 said:

Episode 34 is heart wrenching!

I heard that RJL personally changed the ending.  Is that true?

RJL has broken thoughts as in he has a lot of ideas and he will say those, good, bad or weird. He likes nagging too. He is not quiet type. :highonflowers:

RJL did not change the ending, he changed the interaction between Dr Peer and Xu Cheng Ran to give Gu Chuan more depth. He did not really like that Gu Chuan is described as Cold and arrogant so he twisted a bit, especially for his interaction between those two characters. Since Dr Peer's character is less established and the casting was not even done yet till they almost ended filming, RJL acted in the way he wanted after discussion with director. Especially those Phone calls scene between them, mostly based on RJL's imagination. The Director then, find the supporting actor and fit the Dr Peer's personality according to RJL's way of acting and suggestion.

• Like 3

Got up and watched episodes 35-36 today at 4 am (my time).

There was a climactic confrontation that only Gu Chuan could win, sacrificing himself in the process.  The happy ending was logical and, although some fans want a season 2, I don’t think it’s needed.  

I still think episode 34 wins the heart-tugging contest.

Thanks @Ma OO for the explanation of “broken thoughts.”  RJL must be particularly annoying to directors if he is a nagger and throwing out random thoughts all the time. LOL:doggie:

I get the feeling that he is like an energizer bunny, constantly moving or dancing to music in his head.  In contrast, he does extremely well playing cold, ruthless, and even shy roles.

I saw this video 

where he explains the “changes” he initiated.  

I agree that Cheng Ran and Dr. Peer were important characters that made Gu Chuan more human.  Their interaction with each other was warm and funny and showed off Gu Chuan’s quirky and endearing traits.

I heard MCWML had over 1 billion views!  

Can someone explain Douban ratings and this video to me?

Thank you for your help.

• Like 1

I do not need season 2 but bonus episode of them in their wedding.  Haha cos the FL here is cute, she is the one who always initiate the intimacy.  I still remember how she will peep inside his shirt, move herself to him, touch his mechanical heart.  Keke!  That is why she needs to put rules for herself. 

Not sure whether this video shared.  It is funny.  The director chased JXN away as the seating clusters are for executive level.  But GC reminded the director that JXN is the lady boss.  Haha!

Credit to author

• Like 3

@tok-soompiFL Fei Xing is cute and frustrating.  She initiates the intimacy with Gu Chuan and then stops it suddenly. What is the meaning of his expression when, after inviting him to share the bed with her,  she jumps out to write their rules of conduct? 

I would like a bonus episode too.  Very sweet if they get married

Also, thanks for the video.  It’s funny now that you explained it. :getmygrooveon: 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, tantaran808 said:

@tok-soompiFL Fei Xing is cute and frustrating.  She initiates the intimacy with Gu Chuan and then stops it suddenly. What is the meaning of his expression when, after inviting him to share the bed with her,  she jumps out to write their rules of conduct? 

I would like a bonus episode too.  Very sweet if they get married

Also, thanks for the video.  It’s funny now that you explained it. :getmygrooveon: 

He is already very stress up prior to lying on the bed.  Remember the scene when he is in the toilet thinking?  Then her invites make him stress up even more.  So much self control.  Keke!

It reminds me of him insisting touching her neck at the dining place while she tease him that he may release electricity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK. Makes sense now.  I remember that dining scene too.

Is it true that RJL now has a second child - a daughter?  I believe that being a husband and father increases his ability to act with more depth and empathy.  I’m sure his painful personal experiences make his crying scenes more believable.

Fei Xing did well in her crying scene too.  I could really feel her pain at the realization that Gu Chuan is dying. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, tantaran808 said:

OK. Makes sense now.  I remember that dining scene too.

Is it true that RJL now has a second child - a daughter?  I believe that being a husband and father increases his ability to act with more depth and empathy.  I’m sure his painful personal experiences make his crying scenes more believable.

Fei Xing did well in her crying scene too.  I could really feel her pain at the realization that Gu Chuan is dying. 

Love Xing Fei. I saw the behind-the-scene of her crying scene and she indeed put her heart on it. I don't get anyone who hate her character, IMO, one of the most well written FL in C drama history where ML is the actual dominant in the drama. Nevertheless, Xing Fei is a good actress and I am glad JXN was played by her.:lollipop:

Regarding the RJL's family, we only know he is married and has a child. All other are considered rumors. RJL fiercely guards his family from public eyes. You see, He always gets attacked and cursed out by anti-fans or whoever but he won't bother. But when his family is involved, when rumors become hot topic or turn malicious, even if it is the slightest degree, his lawyer will appear and give warning. He gives no mercy to anyone who dare to dig out more about them.

Fair enough, given how badly his love was attacked when he publicly announced his marriage. Both of them were powerless and chewed out by internet. RJL's official fan club members respect his decisions, they are even more fierce when it comes to protecting him. So yeah, his family is a "Taboo" topic that no one discuss in details on internet. All we heard are "rumors" and stop there. 

Alright everyone, I had fun here. The drama has ended and time to say goodbye I guess.

You all can still find me on IG with same user name. When time is right, I will see you all in Forever & Ever page. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPZ16wpttvn/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

:byebye2:

• Love 2

Thank you @Ma OO for your input.  

I appreciate your candidness and trust your information.  RJL’s fierce protection of his family is understandable after the attacks on his wife when their marriage was announced. 

I’ve come to admire Fei Xing as an actress after My Little Happiness and MCWML.  Now watching Put Your Head on My Shoulder.  She’s a perfect “sunshine” girl to socially challenged MLs. :wow1:

See you on Instagram and the Forever and Ever forum.

• Like 1

@tok-soompiI just saw the video today and was impressed with Fei Xing’s professional attitude and poise.  I think experienced actors and actresses act well together because they have confidence in themselves and each other and mutually work hard to do a good job.

I admired Fei Xing’s strong emotions in her crying scene.  Crying is the hardest emotion to act, especially when you have to do it multiple times before the director accepts it. :sad1:

Love her chuckle.

• Like 3