[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Miss Crow with Mr Lizard 乌鸦小姐与蜥蜴先生

Lynne

:hahah!: Thanks for the video @tok-soompi.Now I understand Ma OO’s description of RJL as an “old man with broken thoughts.”   He seems so quiet in his personal appearances in reality shows.

I can see how Fei Xing has so many fans.  I hope she gets more chances to play complex characters that showcase her talent.

• Like 1

Good review from https://ent.tom.com/202106/1208807210.html

Below google translated version (good to hear s.korea bought the broadcast of this show)

"Miss Crow and Mr. Lizard" successfully concluded Ren Jialun and Xing Fei's fantasy love captures people's hearts

entertainmentHot public opinion   2021-06-03 15:05
Co-produced by Penguin Films and Television, Tianhao Shengshi, Maoyan Entertainment, directed by Wu Qiang, starring Ren Jialun and Xing Fei, and starring Liu Ruilin, Zhao Yihuan, Jun Sheng, Ge Shimin, etc., the hit drama "Miss Crow and Mr. Lizard" officially ushered in a complete success today season finale. This warm and healing urban fantasy romantic drama, with the ultimate character setting, plump story line, and the performance of the main performances, successfully captured the love of countless netizens during the broadcast. It has been featured in Maoyan, Yunhe, Vlinkage, Many platform lists such as Gu Duo, Lighthouse, Weibo drama list, etc. have won the popularity championship many times! During the hot broadcast, the topic has rushed to the hot search more than a hundred times on the whole network, triggering the discussion of the whole people. At the end of the story, the heroes and heroines Gu Chuan and Jiang Xiaoning, after experiencing the test of life and death, finally joined hands for a better tomorrow. The heart-warming finale made many netizens feel reluctant to give up, and they couldn’t help shouting, "I wish Gu Chuan in parallel time and space." Have a good relationship with Jiang Xiaoning for a hundred years and will always be healthy and happy!"! The off-the-play protagonists collectively posted a blog to say goodbye to the characters, and the interesting interactions combined with the heart-to-heart feelings continued to move the story to the audience.

Qingtian, warm love and warmth heal thousands of viewers, fantasy setting has attracted much discussion

As of the closing date on June 2, "Miss Crow and Mr. Lizard" has exceeded 1.53 billion views on Tencent video! It has won champions in the hit lists of all major platforms, with a total of 5.5 billion views on Weibo topics and 13.45 million discussions. The dazzling results are enough to prove the strength of the series. This fantasy-setting romantic drama tells the story of "Mr. Lizard" Gu Chuan, the male protagonist with a "mechanical heart", and "Miss Crow" Jiang Xiaoning, an optimistic girl of "Mercury Physique", who met and fell in love, and went hand in hand to overcome layers of tests. A warm story of growing up together and healing each other. In the play, "Gu De Mao Ning" CP's love is sweet and not greasy, and full of healing power. The two people moved countless audiences because of their fate ten years ago and mutual salvation ten years later.

In addition to Gu Chuan's "mechanical heart" pre-set highlights, topics such as "how women face sexual harassment in the workplace" and "how contemporary women can boldly pursue love" also aroused heated discussions among netizens. At the same time, the depiction of family and friendship surrounding the two protagonists and heroines in the play is also very delicate and moving. While feeling the love and warmth, "Miss Crow and Mr. Lizard" also contains a variety of comedy elements of joy and humor, and The suspenseful elements of squeaky cocoons add a lot of visibility to the play.

The starring group has superb acting skills and full sense of substitution, and the dual-line CP has each charm

In the finale scene, Gu Chuan was in danger to save Jiang Xiaoning, his body was overloaded and damaged and fell into a coma. Fortunately, Jiang Xiaoning waited patiently for three years and finally ushered in the rescue of new technology, "Gu De Mao Ning "CP finally ushered in their bright future. After watching the play, many viewers greatly appreciated the acting skills of the leading actors and actresses. Ren Jialun's natural and true "eye skills" and Xing Fei's touching "Qiong Yao Cry" have all ushered in the "real-name system praise" from netizens! Gu Chuan and Jiang Xiaoning's inspiring sweet love, Xu Chengran, Zhao Yan's frank and straightforward love, two pairs of CP two completely different love patterns are also a major attraction of the show. In addition to the outstanding performance of the hero and heroine, the performance of several supporting roles in the play is also remarkable. Chen Wenwen, played by Xuan Lu, made many audiences see "The First Love", Wang Qingxiang, who played the role of Gu Chuan’s teacher, did not make many appearances, but it was impressive. Yue Yueli, who played Dr. Peel, and Jiang Xiaoning, who played Fan Dandan. The aunt is domineering and cute... the performance of a group of powerful and old dramas also really adds to the show.

"Miss Crow and Mr. Lizard" premiered exclusively on Tencent Video has officially ended. Recently, South Korean TV station also confirmed the purchase of the broadcasting rights of the play. The story of Gu Chuan and Jiang Xiaoning is about to go abroad, bringing more people the energy of moving and healing.

@tok-soompithat’s wonderful news.  The drama took me on an emotional roller coaster from super cute-happy to deep grief and regret - for both of the couples.   I like how it made me think about the legacy I would leave and the decisions I would make if my life was shortened.

Reaching the 1+billion view mark is mind boggling to me.  The US has a population of just 332 million alone.  I’m sure Xing Fei’s fans helped - her other two dramas My Little Pleasure and Put Your Head on My Shoulder had more than 1 billion views. 

It will be interesting to see how it does in S Korea. At least the quality of MCWML is equal to K dramas IMO.   RJL was unsuccessful in debuting in S Korea 10 years ago, so I hope he takes them by storm this time around. 

LMK if you hear about Ren Jialun’s next drama.

• Love 1

18 hours ago, tantaran808 said:

LMK if you hear about Ren Jialun’s next drama.

The next one that I think fans will be waiting for is Forever and Ever - in 2 parts (official preview in spoiler). One in ancient times and one in modern time. I think they start with the modern then go back to ancient times, if not mistaken. About love that traverses time, in the novel the FL keeps her memories but he losses his, not sure about the drama.

Spoiler

• Thanks 1

@tantaran808 sure I'll do that, I'll post the videos there. The funny thing is my son didn't watch the self-heating hot pot but saw it on Shopee and asked me to buy it for him to try. So I bought three different types, not the same brand, but the same concept. I'll try it and let you know how it tastes. But I'll have to go figure out a way to read the instructions first, as they are all in chinese, obviously. LOL

• Thanks 1

On 6/6/2021 at 12:01 PM, tantaran808 said:

:approves:

If I ever see the self heating hot pot and Mecco drinks I might try it.  Not sure about the 666 cold medicine. 

The denim wear sponsor for Fei Xing, however, brought more criticism than anything else.

Haha i am attracted with Mecco.

Regarding the denim.  It is weird maybe i am not used to wearing demin for work.  Haha!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks @tok-soompi!

Good to see the appeal of MCWML is spreading. I hope all the actors and actresses in the drama will benefit.  They deserve it.

Disappointing to hear about anti-fans downgrading the drama in Douban. 

Been watching Never Say Goodbye with Ren Jialun and Zhang Zunning.  Totally different character role for RJL and the plot is intriguing.  It’s an action thriller with unpredictable characters and suspense.  Although it’s 3 years old (the wardrobe shows it) all the roles are played very well.

• Like 2

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Miss Crow with Mr Lizard 乌鸦小姐与蜥蜴先生