[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Miss Crow with Mr Lizard 乌鸦小姐与蜥蜴先生

Lynne

11 hours ago, hush puppy said:

@tantaran808   Some idle discussions while waiting for next week.  Just out of curiosity.  May I ask which is the Korean Actor who captivates you for so long - right up to his Retirement? :lol:

I am not old enough to see my favorite actor retires but old enough to see him mature and become seasoned actor, achieving stability that he wants. He is Joo Won whom I liked from my teenage years till now(sort of). There are many good actors out there, international fans notice them starting from first wave of Kdrama popularity (Song Il Gook, Kwon Sang Woo etc). Joo Won, along with his other famous peers, falls under second wave and they once brought glory to Kdrama Kingdom. 

I liked Joo Won because he never stuck to typical Kdrama standard and willing to try all sort of dramas. Good Doctor, Bridal Mask.. etc. When Joo Won was rising, he was like a horse that never stops running. He would take minimum two dramas per year, along with variety shows. Most of his international fans started from Soompi and we were restless. I was the xiao mei mei back then. 

Well, he kind of achieved what he wants, which was never the fame but stability and a name in the industry. He has gone back to be a musical actor once again. He is happy and take things slow now but steady.

I like RJL, also due to same reason as Joo Won. RJL is hardworking, dare to try different genre and does not care about fame. He is rising, so he is working non stop and I hope he will achieve something for himself, be it a house or wealth, during this period. As you can see, we know RJL has many "masterpiece", some are fans due to Glory of Tang Dynasty while other are fans of Under The Power or Destiny of White Snake. Not all his dramas are good, but he is good in most of his dramas. I feel that C-Ent is way more competitive than K-Ent, but with the way RJL is working, I am sure many will remember his name when time comes. 

• Like 2

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Miss Crow with Mr Lizard 乌鸦小姐与蜥蜴先生

@Ma OOI admire Joo Won too.  He is an incredible singer and talented actor. His role in Good Doctor set the standard for the American TV series.

According to some YouTube blogs, Miss Crow and Mr Lizard is a big hit.  I’m still waiting for acknowledgement from two C-drama reviewers that I follow - Marcus here and Avenue X.

@pad-hariThanks for the OST w/ English subs.  “Exchange” sounds so sad and nostalgic, which is why I worry about how the series will end. :criesariver:

According to Gu Chuan, JXN makes miracles happen with her optimism, so I’m hoping for the best.  Next week will reveal 12 episodes, then 6 more the following week to end the series.  So soon!

I was watching Long Ballad, Court Lady, and Rattan, but I keep going back to favorite scenes in Crow/Lizard.   Until next Monday, will try Imperial Coroner....

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, tantaran808 said:

@Ma OOI admire Joo Won too.  He is an incredible singer and talented actor. His role in Good Doctor set the standard for the American TV series.

According to some YouTube blogs, Miss Crow and Mr Lizard is a big hit.  I’m still waiting for acknowledgement from two C-drama reviewers that I follow - Marcus here and Avenue X.

@pad-hariThanks for the OST w/ English subs.  “Exchange” sounds so sad and nostalgic, which is why I worry about how the series will end. :criesariver:

According to Gu Chuan, JXN makes miracles happen with her optimism, so I’m hoping for the best.  Next week will reveal 12 episodes, then 6 more the following week to end the series.  So soon!

I was watching Long Ballad, Court Lady, and Rattan, but I keep going back to favorite scenes in Crow/Lizard.   Until next Monday, will try Imperial Coroner....

This drama is considered hit given how little promotion it had and how it is promoting. We don't even get BTS videos or tidbits today! It seriously gives a strong competition to The Long Ballad,which has the bigger budget and the stronger promotion. MCWML often snatch the crown from The Long Ballad and it is always either first or second of Weibo's Drama ranking. Funny enough, RJL is working with director and the actress from The Long Ballad and he must be under serious pressure to be in this situation.

Internationally, it is considered HIT for RJL. He gained 11K Instagram followers within 1 week which was never heard of! Although, it is upsetting that some international fans are given misleading information of RJL WILL NEVER do the kiss scenes due to his marriage. 

• Like 2

Thank you  @Ma OO Two bloggers stated MCWML had 500 million views in 10 days, but I’m wanting more verification from Tencent or other sources. Marcus Here! Lists the top 10 dramas of the week every Sunday, so I’m waiting for his list tomorrow.  RJL was #8 on the top 10 list of celebrities last week.  Good to know about their popularity on Weibo.

I hear rumors of RJL, currently filming  Legend of Shark with Dilreba, being criticized for using his own voice, conflict with order of listing on film credits (who gets listed first?), and other trouble from “black fans.”   I can understand how his mantra is dreamers never sleep, stand up, and stand tall.

On the positive side, I think the struggles he has experienced makes him a better actor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tantaran808 said:

Thank you  @Ma OO Two bloggers stated MCWML had 500 million views in 10 days, but I’m wanting more verification from Tencent or other sources. Marcus Here! Lists the top 10 dramas of the week every Sunday, so I’m waiting for his list tomorrow.  RJL was #8 on the top 10 list of celebrities last week.  Good to know about their popularity on Weibo.

I hear rumors of RJL, currently filming  Legend of Shark with Dilreba, being criticized for using his own voice, conflict with order of listing on film credits (who gets listed first?), and other trouble from “black fans.”   I can understand how his mantra is dreamers never sleep, stand up, and stand tall.

On the positive side, I think the struggles he has experienced makes him a better actor.

I thought Marcus's top ten last Sunday, this drama came at #7.  It might goes up thus week.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tantaran808 said:

Marcus uses Vlinkage so not sure how the Vlinkage pull data. 

Well, people used to criticize him for getting dubbed, now for using his own voice, so it is quite a ridiculous thing he faces every time. He has unique timbre and what they want him to do? Get a vocal core surgery? I feel the emotions in his voice though, especially the car accident scene. He does have a bit of accent but I am sure he is speaking standard Mandarin given the fact this drama passed censorship board with his original voice.

Speechless on listing on film credits nonsense. Fans of certain Kpop idol turned actor believed in rumor, insulted RJL & RJL fans for "wanting" to be first in list, creating mess. Eventually, it is rumor.  C-ent is indeed a jungle. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the clarification @Ma OO.  Chinese fandom is truly unreal.

I’m used to his natural voice now so it will be a shock to hear dubbed voices in any subsequent dramas that are released.  He said in one interview that dubbing was necessary in snow scenes because noise from the snow machine would be so loud the actors couldn’t hear any dialog.  They had to read each other’s lips to speak their lines.  :lol:

Regarding his accent, perhaps his role as a merman in Legend of the Shark/ Blue Whisper could be explained as a merman living near Qingdao. :blush:.

• Like 1

OMG!!!!! I enjoyed tonite's episodes especially ep.20.   Both the episodes were entertaining and there was not even a second of dull moment and I was just replaying back and forth so many cute scenes.  I was laughing my heart out in ep.20 on the gimmicks both XCR and GC did.   I liked the jealousy GC.   Chen Chen was cute too.  It was so obvious that GC love her from his actions.  CC was smart enough to ask JXN about it and she immediately told him that she already confessed to him but got rejected.  He was so cute to commit himself to help her with GC.  I hope they dont take in a melo way in the coming episodes after giving us so much comedy/light hearted scenes in these episodes.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, visiopeia said:

VOD already release up to ep 30 !!!!! I go insane!!!!! Ep 21 is super cute and sweet~~~~ 

Yes @visiopeiayou are right.  Hi everybody Ep 21 is even Sweeter. Cuper cute. I won't divulge more though.  Lest I spoil all your fun.  I've until ep 30.  I just watched ep 22.  Am taking my sweet time to slowly savour them. In no hurry :eatscookie:

Ep 23 will see some dark forces working against this cute couple.  As Tang Xu's father is out from the Prisons.  And the conscience of Cheng Ran's evil father is pricking him.  He worries that our cute couple will dig out some evidences about him.

Will watch more later....

• Like 3

I just finished ep 23.  Still smooth sailing.  No dark forces at work yet. 

Spoiler

But I must add that their First Kiss in ep 22 is a bit Awkward.  And the Camera has to give us a "Close-Up" Shot of it.:(

I can't help thinking that Gu Chuan's First GF left him too Fast.  I know it has to happen.  Otherwise we would not have a Story.  But still...........

• Like 2

Spoiler

they are cute as a couple,  THE KISS il episode 22, yessss,  lol

otherwise there is a breakup between our leads in episode 29, but i did not quite understand why, no sub yet,  but seems they are getting back together per preview episode 31-32

• Like 2