[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Miss Crow with Mr Lizard 乌鸦小姐与蜥蜴先生

Lynne

Hi Everyone,

I just finished eps 13 & 14.  I'm relieved that Gu Chuan's ex-girlfriend is a principled person.  She could immediately see that SML don't like JXN bcos she herself is infatuated with Gu Chuan.  She encourages JXN to be brave in pursuing GC.

But SML started to scheme to prevent any girls coming near to GC.  First with his ex.  She failed.  Then she turned to JXN.

@pad-hari you're right SML is so irritating. 

I don't like plots where the ML is too dense to see through the scheming ways of the "3rd Wheel":

- when SML sent JXN on a Project which is way beyond her capability and then accordingly to company rules,  want to have her fired.

- when she invited GC into her hotel room while wearing her nighty, eventhough she had a over coat on.  And then tried to delay him from leaving her room immediately

But the second-pair made me LOL. They're so funny..............

:hwaiting2:

• Like 2

I too finished watching ep.13 & 14.   I feel that the plot got held up at this point.   XJ is just made to go back and forth in confessing to GC and they changed her original personality.  SML is really irritating.   The second leads were the only entertaining portion in today's episode.  They are both so cute especially XCR, even though Yan Yan is quite stubborn in accepting his love, i understand where she comes from and the reason she told XJ why she is not accepting his love made sense to me.  I like her so much. 

edit:  I forgot to mention about the ex-girlfriend of GC.  She is such a cool and composed lady.  He really missed to have a wonderful life and family with her.  She is one of a very likeable character.  

Hope that the rest of this week's episodes go back to its normal pace and the plot get moving.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I like JXN at the end of Chapter 14.  She is not going to be one of those naive, helpless damsels in distress.  She recognizes her rival and is determined to get close as possible to Gu Chuan, despite their difference in status. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, pad-hari said:

I too finished watching ep.13 & 14.   I feel that the plot got held up at this point.   XJ is just made to go back and forth in confessing to GC and they changed her original personality.  SML is really irritating.  

edit:  I forgot to mention about the ex-girlfriend of GC.  She is such a cool and composed lady.  He really missed to have a wonderful life and family with her.  She is one of a very likeable character.  

Hope that the rest of this week's episodes go back to its normal pace and the plot get moving.

@pad-hari  I do agree with you on the Plot slowing down.  That was the first feeling I had with eps 13 & 14. I hope they'll not Overdo it.  And yes. They change JXN's personality a bit. :(

But I do like the fact that JXN hesitates a bit about pursuing GC:

- when the accident happened, GC's ex-GF Chen Wei Wei was 20yrs old. JXN  14yrs. I suppose GC was slightly older - 22yrs?  Which means JXN is at least 8yrs younger than GC. 

- this is her First Time Falling In Love with - none other than his Boss  and someone she admires a lot. Add in her family conditions, educational levels, social status....   It is only natural that she hesitates. 

throw in being told that CWW is GC's ex GF.  She have 3 contrasting Advices:  i) CWW: be careful with office romance. Don't lose yr love and have to give up yr job at the same time  ii) CWW: Be brave. You've chosen the correct man   iii) SML: She is GC's ex-GF.  She is just using you to get back together with GC

It makes her very Human.  What I don't like are the "Co-Incidences":

-  Why must the call from SML comes in just when JXN is going to Confess? 

-  In this type of Scenario, a normal person would "silence" the call & get on with the Confession first. 

-  Why should she be affected by One mere call?  Didn't CWW warn her about SML being jealous of her?

This is where I'm not happy with the Plot.  The over-use of "Coincidence".  And a stupid and over-kind FL.  With CWW they can break away with the Norm.  Why can't they do the same  with the FL?  Just to drag ?  .......

What do you all think?  Would love to hear all your Opinions on these

:eatscookie:

@tantaran808   Yes. It's good that JXN is not down for long.  Look forward to the next 2 eps.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Here's the preview for ep. 19 + 20.  It's really funny how he attends the class with her and he is stalking her:love::kiss_wink::tounge_wink:

Cr: as tagged

I think last nite's episodes are just fillers.  From the preview so far I have seen from ep. 15 - 20, the plot is going to move fast, I suppose. Jaiyou!!! 

BTW, thanks for the full post @hush puppy.   Yeah, you are right about the calls.  It's a drama, so obviously something dramatic has to happen.  Hehe.... Right!!!!!! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Heh,heh, @hush puppy.  These “coincidences” are what makes a drama a drama, and not reality.  As viewers we get angry and frustrated, and that’s what keeps us coming back.  I notice that Asian dramas tend to be OTP in their “good” guys/ “bad” guys roles.  SML is super evil, and JXN is fooled so easily.

So far, I’m pleasantly surprised at the subplots that are enhancing the story. What is the history between Cheng Ran and Gu Chuan?  How did Cheng Ran become the “caregiver” to Gu Chuan?  Why is Tang Xu’s father in jail, and why is Cheng Ran’s father taking care of Tang Xu?  How was Xiao Ning’s father accused of embezzlement by Tang Xu’s father?  Who paid the driver of the truck that killed Xiao Ning’s parents?  Why?

Of course, I’m anxiously awaiting the outcome of the two romances going on.  Although GC seems to be falling for JXN, he continues to teach and protect her as a teacher/boss.  Cheng Ran and YanYan will no doubt come together - They’re just so cute and provide comic relief.

Thanks @pad-harifor the 19-20 preview clip.  Have you seen the BTS bed scene clip?  Ren Jialun appears to be throwing a fake tantrum at the end???  Wish I understood what they were saying.

Edited by tantaran808
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

My dear @pad-hari, are you attached to Soompi?  I mean are you a Soompi Staff?  You're in most of the drama-threads. 

4 hours ago, tantaran808 said:

So far, I’m pleasantly surprised at the subplots that are enhancing the story. What is the history between Cheng Ran and Gu Chuan?  How did Cheng Ran become the “caregiver” to Gu Chuan?  Why is Tang Xu’s father in jail, and why is Cheng Ran’s father taking care of Tang Xu?  How was Xiao Ning’s father accused of embezzlement by Tang Xu’s father?  Who paid the driver of the truck that killed Xiao Ning’s parents?  Why?

@tantaran808 

1) It is quite clear that the Accident in ep 1 is ordered by Cheng Ran's father.  He is the one who embezzled the company's money. JXN's father stands in his way. So he has to get rid of him.  Once JXN's father is dead, he can easily blame him for the embezzlement.  Paper evidences can be easily planted.

2) In ep 14, CR's father is still embezzling the company's money thro' Tang Xu.  He is not so kind as to take care of Tang Xu for nothing. He is using him.  Just as he has used his father.

3) Tang Xu's father was ordered to initiate the Car Accident by CR's father. Which is why when Tang Xu visited him at the Prisons, his father warned TX to be careful of CR's father. He is not what he seems. But TX is already "Brainwashed" by his godfather. (I bet TX will go to prison in future. Unless someone saves him in time)

4) The relationship between CR and GC is more ambiguous. Perhaps they're childhood friends who went to the same school and universities?  Just as JXN and TX?

:selfie:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hush puppy said:

My dear @pad-hari, are you attached to Soompi?  I mean are you a Soompi Staff?  You're in most of the drama-threads

Hehe, :joy:recently I am watching this drama, mysterious love and court lady.  So my posts will be there.  But dropped CL.   I don't think other than these threads, what other drama threads - u mean?? 

I watched episodes 13- 16. 13 & 14 were indeed filter episodes but I am so glad that our plot bounced back. Enjoyed episode 15, so much cuteness and love that we needed until I reach episode 16. 

Episode 16 is the return of handsome yet depressed Gu Chuan. Oh lord, Gu Chuan indeed needs to check himself into mental hospital for depression. SEVERE DEPRESSION. I understand why he behaved like that, why he is so scared and running away, I understand but IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. :cries:

Today, I am on Xiao Ning side. If I am her gugu and knows what is happening to her, I will hit Gu Chuan with a pot, not caring heart condition or what. :evillaugh:

Xiao Ning is the star of the episodes today, her positive energy and her courage is admirable. I just want to run and pat on her back when she teared up while confessing. Confessing is hard but she is saying those words to her boss, her teacher and someone who is higher status then her in every ways. Yet she braved through it. AND THAT GU CHUN :spitswater:

Side Note : I love the details of the drama. Gu Chuan has a ID card for his heart condition. This aligns with the actual condition in real life. People who are on ICD/pacemaker also have those when they travel. In fact Gu Chuan's mechanical heart idea is highly related to ICD. ICD is a device that makes heart rhythm back to normal or restart the heart by  giving electric shocks to heart. It is not as strong as pikachu level(like in drama) but strong enough to make those in  contact with patient feel it. But very rare.

• Like 3

Since I love cats, Mr. Ice Cream is a welcome addition.  Love it when Gu 

Chuan finds out it is Mr Ice Cream not Miss :what!:

Episode 16 was an emotional one for me.  I really felt the despair of GC when he met all his goals after 10 years and he’s grappling with “Now what? What’s the purpose of living any more?”  Only Cheng Ran understands.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

AWWW, i loved tonite's episodes very much.   Just when you think that the plot was stalled in yesterday's episode it was like a 100 m dash, especially ep.16 wowww!!!!!!!!  His dream of winning the award, the confession and the rejection everything was so fast.  I like JXN how she is back to her normal personality.  Only when you interact and ask people about their opinion/advice they confuse you.  Go with your heart and thats her personality to go outright express her opinion and thats what she did.  But I am happy they did not drag the confession and everything over in a matter of 5 minutes.  Now, everything is back to square one.  I dont think it will be awkward when they again see each other in the office as JXN is a person who does not ponder upon the rejection as she has met with so many situations in her life and just move on from it.  Moreover she met that Mr.wang teacher who gave her that notebook full of her dad's design which should be her inspiration to achieve like GC in the architectural world.  Now that she has been rejected, it paves way for her to stay focused and try her best in everything to grow as a best architect before his eyes. 

As we saw the preview for ep.17 & 18, nothing is going to be awkward between them and slowly and steadily he will realise his love for her.  Excellent episodes tonite.   Thoroughly enjoyed it!!!! 

• Like 2

1) Good thing that China has placed a cap on all dramas at Max 40eps.  It'll reduce the need to "drag".  For a 36eps drama "Ms Crow Wtih Mr Lizard" has no reason to drag. Unless they run out of ideas.   @pad-hari  Yes. Thanks god the pace is back to normal.  JXN is back to normal.

2) I don't feel offended by GC's response to JXN's confession.  GC didn't say "NO".  Or "Impossible".  Even his facial expressions are one of "Neutral".  He leaves it "Open". So the possibility is still there.  He told JXN that he has not thought out a few things in his life yet.  That is a reasonable statement -  He needs some time to think through

GC loves JXN too.  We all know that.  It's just that given his Heart Conditions, he dare not love - in case he leaves earlier.  As he said at the end of ep 16: "How can a man who can't even live a normal life, expects to have one".  

After the accident, the ensuing sequences and the doctor's advice left him so Fragile:

- he has to recharge himself everyday (like a mobile....).  Otherwise he cannot carry on

- he cannot afford to get over-excited. It'll affect his Artificial Heart.

- the doctor didn't even know that he'll discharge Electricity when he gets too agitated

So much so, he didn't dare to be close to anyone.  Let alone fall-in-love.  Only a person who has gone through such a Life-Threatening situation can understand.  It is admirable that GC did not become a hot-tempered, difficult & unreasonable person.  He is just a bit cool and pessimistic. 

He is like those foodstuffs with preservatives, lining the Supermarket Shelves - with a Life Line.  An Expiry Date. Unlike normal human beings.

Nobody around him knows his Secret, his Dilemma.  Only his Parents and Cheng Ran knows.  So it is Perfectly Normal for him to Hesitate. 

:sparklyeyes:

3) Elsewhere I'm bothered by JXN's style at the Awards Ceremony.  It is a Formal Occasion where a lot of Dignitaries will be present.  Why didn't she dress up in a more presentable manner. Don't have to be expensive or flashy.  Just more presentable.  Her hairstyle too.  She is the Award Winner's Assistant.  Her style reflects on her Boss too.

4) @tantaran808  The cat is so Lucky to live such a Luxurious Life with GC.  And it's funny how GC didn't know it is a "He".  Being a Male himself, it would not be so difficult to discover that, is it?

5) I love the part where Cheng Ran approached the office female staff to act as his GF. And she shouted it out loud. So hilarious. I had a good laugh

:loolz:

Yes. Eps 15 & 16 are good

P/S: "The Imperial Coroner" is another good drama to catch when you all have finished this. Good plot, fast pace, creditable actings

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Some pics from Weibo.  Beautiful photography.  Curious as to which place in China, this was shot!!!!! 

jTNiRAa.jpg

xZnNyT3.jpg

This pic is adorable

ZvB0YCS.jpg

Spoiler

TSMwfk7.jpg

3aO6UBZ.jpg

This is the bts gif. Wow!!! Bromance:tounge_wink:

Spoiler

W69cQC5.gif

Cr: weibo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hush puppy said:

2) I don't feel offended by GC's response to JXN's confession.  GC didn't say "NO".  Or "Impossible".  Even his facial expressions are one of "Neutral".  He leaves it "Open". So the possibility is still there.  He told JXN that he has not thought out a few things in his life yet.  That is a reasonable statement -  He needs some time to think through

you are right.  actually i fast forwarded that scene, as i thought it will be embarassing situation for JXN if he rejected her.   so i did not watch that scene.  I just got engrossed into JXN character as a real life friend and dont want anything bad happen to her.  Yes, he leaves it open.  Good for both him and her.  Thanks for that point.  

I liked your point on GC from his POV.  True,  he knows about his probability of living.  Thats why he is on the bad side of his parents too.  Dont want to raise much hope about him.  

No comments about JXN's style...........

edit:

preview for ep.21-22.  Wow, so much happening!!!!!!!!!

cr:as tagged

• Like 1

I loved every bit of tonite's episodes 17 & 18.  Not even a single second was boring and the plot moves in a very good pace and the story is covered very well connecting all the characters.   

I loved when XN called him to rescue her.  SML is really annoying.  I thought as far as she just expresses her jealousy by not harming her, she is ok, but now that she has physically harmed her, she is really evil.  

And everytime Wen Wen appears, i love how she advices XJ with her wise words.  She has that calm demeanour and good attitude which attracts others to her. 

I liked how GC regretted leaving her coz of his heart problem was super confession from him to her.  They are still compatible and they discuss even now their problems and the trust each of them have of the other.  Wow!!!

That scene in the hospital between the two was super good.

I liked how WW is acting as a bridge between them and they both heed to her advice and slowly GC is starting to get close to her.  

very very entertaining couple RR and YY.  They are so cute.  I liked how he avoided her to bring her to senses that she is in love with him.  

I liked the friendship/bromance between GC and XCR.

Tonites episodes very excellent and i enjoyed it.  Looking forward to next week episodes.  We will be getting episodes upto 30 on Monday itself.  yesss!!!!!!!!!  

• Like 1

@hush puppyYou are probably too young to know him, but  Song Il Gook (SIK) is my favorite Korean actor.  His most famous drama was Jumong.  He is the father of triplet sons and they were fabulous on Return of Superman.  I was fortunate to meet him several times in Korea, and he was gracious enough to spend extra time with his international fans.

Both SIK and RJ attract my attention because their eyes are so expressive.

Since I like historical dramas, I consider SIK my standard for sword fighting, archery and horsemanship.  RJ looks good to me in martial arts, but I don’t have much experience with kungfu.   I’m assuming RJ was influenced by his martial arts father and training as a ping pong player.  His natural talent as a dancer adds strength and grace to his movements.

How do you rate RJ’s  martial arts skills?  Among the Chinese actors, who is considered a good fighter?

Loving the warmth of episodes 17-18.  JXN is giving GC true meaning to his life.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tantaran808 said:

@hush puppyYou are probably too young to know him, but  Song Il Gook (SIK) is my favorite Korean actor.  His most famous drama was Jumong.  He is the father of triplet sons and they were fabulous on Return of Superman.  I was fortunate to meet him several times in Korea, and he was gracious enough to spend extra time with his international fans.

Both SIK and RJ attract my attention because their eyes are so expressive.

Since I like historical dramas, I consider SIK my standard for sword fighting, archery and horsemanship.  RJ looks good to me in martial arts, but I don’t have much experience with kungfu.   I’m assuming RJ was influenced by his martial arts father and training as a ping pong player.  His natural talent as a dancer adds strength and grace to his movements.

How do you rate RJ’s  martial arts skills?  Among the Chinese actors, who is considered a good fighter?

@tantaran808  Does yr work brings you to Korea?  Or did you purposely travel there to meet yr idol?  I'm not a fan of Kpop or K-Dramas. Occasionally if there is a compelling Korean Drama, I'll watch.  Otherwise I don't.

Similarly, I'm not a fan of Ren Jialun.  I was impressed with "The Glory Of Tang Dynasty".  So I read up on him.  After that I'll watch if he has a good drama. If not, I don't watch.

As for his martial arts prowess, I believe most of them are coached for the action scenes. For the more tedious ones, they have "Stand-Ins".  I don't think he is skilled in martial arts just because his dad is.  

Of course, there are Stars who are trained in Martial Arts even before they became Actors.  A good example is Song Wei Long.

• Like 1