[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Miss Crow with Mr Lizard 乌鸦小姐与蜥蜴先生

Lynne

I just managed to finish ep 12. Now waiting for new eps.

Just some personal opinions (Pls don't scold me alright ?:(): 

-  No doubt the FL's acting is on point.  Very cute.  But I feel that she looks old. 

-  A younger actress would be nice.

-  Her makeup is quite thick

-  It's time she changes her Personal Styling especially her hairstyle.  One does not go to office with that kind of hairstyle. Maybe, let it down.  Or cut it shorter.  Not short. But shorter (I guess they want to astound us with "her sudden transformation later in the drama").

If I'm Gu Chuan, I would have asked the FL about her childhood and the accident already. And then he could confirm who she is.

Yes.  Su Ma Ling is irritating.  She was with Gu Chuan for 6years.  Why didn't she make a move for his affections?  Why wait till a competitor appears?

And as if having Su Ma Ling is not enough,  Gu Chuan's ex-girlfriend suddenly appears. 

:omg:

P/S:  Why is this thread still called  "Upcoming Drama"?  Shouldn't it be changed to "Current....."

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

You have some good points, hush puppy.  JXN seems to dress awfully casual for an assistant to the boss.

My favorite scenes so far are in Episode 8.  JXN meets a college friend who was considered the most handsome guy in the university.  Gu Chuan’s reaction and subsequent discussion with Cheng Ran are cute and funny.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

@hush puppyI think it's high time for GC to both confess his love and realise who she is.  Already he is getting all those FB's.  But I have a feeling he will start to avoid her after getting close to her and come back again to her. 

But her clothes does not make any impact on me.  I think since she cannot afford, they just leave her with simple clothes.  I think she is looking old becoz of the clothes she is wearing.  Since she is petite she does not look older too.  AW, just my opinion. 

Yeah right, another female to come right in between the couple. 

@tantaran808hehe, just looking at the expressions on the face of GC was so funny when she met her friend at the convenience store.  Also Xu Ge when he personally wore a chain on her and his attempt to make her remove that. Wow!!! 

Really looking forward to the future episodes. 

@miaka fy

13 hours ago, miaka fy said:

, but I have a feeling that Chen Yi in a real life isn't what I think.

No, no, no don't come to a conclusion becoz of that 9/20 incident.  Actually he is a very very caring and warm guy.  I will post a link to an article and you can see how warm hearted he is. 

Spoiler

Awwww, you almost covered all the parts of the drama so far and have a given an all-round review in and out of the drama.  :heartxoxo:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Hi all, so glad to back to soompi after years thanks to this cute drama.

I am actually surprised that there are actual discussions going on here unlike some other Chinese dramas that I used to follow.

After having tons of puppy love with different actors, I landed in Ren Jialun's blackhole last year. And this drama, IMO, is so endearing and sweet that I can't help but seeking likeminded all around the internet to fangirl with me. Glad I am here. :partyblob:

The drama is cliché but isn't it so refreshing to see something so simple yet so lovely again? This drama gives me old Korean drama vibe that I have been missing for so long. The 12 episodes was a bliss with not much messy plot devices!! OH I am so glad!:fun:

It was 12 beautiful episodes of how 4 human beings falling in love and healing while slowly building  the tensions. It is so... unexplainably beautiful for me.

Our male lead, GC is indeed fragile and I am quite worry about the heartbreak that we will be seeing. When I saw the trailer, I thought he will be a cold bad guy with sad stories, a typical male lead. I am so glad that Ren Jialun portrayed it rather differently with much more layers. I would not label GC as cold boss rather a jaded man with no "light" in sight. I really love how GC is gaining back his hopes and those eyes acting that RJL did is amazing. I saw the ending MV and I am trying to brace myself for the impact.

For XingFei, this is my first drama of her. I find her acting enjoyable, bubbly and optimistic. A typical female lead and she did not overdo cuteness which I am glad. I kind of wished that she have more emotional range for this character though, so as to diverge out but it is fine. I read an interview that this is the drama which Xing Fei cried the most in her career. So once again, I am bracing for IMPACT.

Spoiler

To guess the plot, I think we all know which direction it is going. I agree with all the discussions above and looks like our GC had to deal with loss of love due to illness, sadness over knowing how his bestie's dad is the main culprit  and the actual illness itself. For our XN, her real ordeal will be to deal with the fact that GC is "dying", on top of her own family tragedy. This is a really simple drama, the only actual guess I have to do is the ending and I am sincerely scared. Unlike Korean dramas, Cdramas are ruthless. :criesariver:

Regarding Rumors about RJL and kissing scenes, it is kind of true that he doesn't do intense kiss scenes. BUT he still would kiss the female leads if necessary, just not intense. TBH, does kissing intensely necessary in dramas/movies ? I have watched dramas for all my life and good kissers do not mean they are good actors. Or even nearer to be labeled as decent actors for some. The acting itself speaks the most on professionalism and skills. And RJL has it. 

Spoiler

When I started to follow Ren JIalun, I find this clause quite cute, given how loyal he is to his dearest in real life but... well, people viewed it differently. So I have no comments on it.  Still, I love how deeply loyal and protective of him to his love ones.

Regarding popularity and rivalry , No matter what, RJL will not reach to the highest, as in, he purposely gave up that for marriage! So ya, he is banking on acting and I am wondering why some black fans/people are still throwing nonsense to him.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Thanks pad-hari for explaining the story behind Cheng Yi’s meltdown.  I also believe he is a kind, sincere person that would not purposely hurt his co-star.  I think Ren Jialun sent Cheng Yi an encouraging  message saying each person chooses their own path and should be respected for that.

I’m just so glad that Miss Crow and Mr. LIzard is turning out to be a hit despite the lack of promotion.  The screen writing, cinematography, cast, director, editing, and music come together in a delightful entertaining drama.  I hope it continues this way for all 36 episodes and not get padded with unnecessary subplots to fill up the time.  As a bonus, we hear the actual voices of the actors and actresses.   

BTW, Meco and self heating hot pot meals seem to be sponsors.  Anyone tried them?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hi everybody,  I'm glad to see this Thread heating up :w00t:.   Since we're all waiting for new eps, let's do some random discussions.

I've a question.  I hope someone can enlighten me.  In ep 2, why did the Glass Door cracks up when the FL pushes it?  Try like I do, I still can't figure it out.

:brokenheart:

Don't worry. Ren Jialun will always do well.  He is already an A-List Actor. And it isn't easy to get there even for those who chose to remain Single.  

He recently launch another of his Songs Album and it was sold out within 2hours.  He can dance and sing.  Even if he did not become a Hot Sensation like Wang Yibo or others.  I think it is better.  That way he can live a normal life with his Family

He has no choice but to announce that he has a Girlfriend in 2017. Because at that time he was filming "Glory Of The Tang Dynasty".  He was staying in a hotel & his then GF used to visit him as she was taking care of him - bringing him fresh clothes and food.  The paparazis caught wind of it and was about to release the news.  So he has to beat them to it.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

In ep 2, why did the Glass Door cracks up when the FL pushes it?  Try like I do, I still can't figure it up

I thought it was becoz of GC.  Since his heart rate raised, he touched it and moved away and the impact was when she opened it, it cracked and fell on her.  Is it not?? Coz his expression was like, "she got caught becoz of me".

Oh, this is news for me.  RJ can sing and dance.  Wow!!!  Any reviews on his album released??  He seems to be humble and modest.  I first saw him in under the power coz I am a fan of seven tan but my attention turned to him coz of his good acting.  Also saw him in Memory lost as a support actor. 

Oh, that's how he announced his GF.  Wow!!! Good for him he beat the media. 

:approves:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, pad-hari said:

I thought it was becoz of GC.  Since his heart rate raised, he touched it and moved away and the impact was when she opened it, it cracked and fell on her.  Is it not?? Coz his expression was like, "she got caught becoz of me".

Oh, this is news for me.  RJ can sing and dance.  Wow!!!  Any reviews on his album released??  He seems to be humble and modest.  I first saw him in under the power coz I am a fan of seven tan but my attention turned to him coz of his good acting.  Also saw him in Memory lost as a support actor. 

@pad-hari  Thanks Dear.  The drama did not show it clearly enough.

Yes. Ren Jia-lun is a Singer. Which is why I was waiting for him to surprise all his staffs at the Karaoke Scene.  Was disappointed that the Director did not capitalise on his talent. Would have added another point to this drama.

:sad1:

If any of you have not seen "The Glory Of The Tang Dynasty", I would recomend that you do so. That was the first time I've seen Allen Ren.  He was great in it.  It was a very Heart-Breaking story though. 

He was supposed to be the 2nd ML.  But during the Audition, he impressed the Director so much with all the preparatory work he has done, that the Director changed his mind and cast him as the ML instead.  The rest is History.

:doggie:

"Under The Power": I only watched a few episodes. Tried 6x but could not get into it. Gave up.  I don't watch dramas which could not hold my Attention or Interest by the 2nd or 3rd ep. :byebye2:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

For the breaking glass door in episode 2, I just thought it was one of the events showing Xiao Ning is a walking disaster - along with losing her 27 jobs, causing a woman to lose her bouquet of balloons, bumping into the cleaning cart, grandmother setting the stove on fire.... :frown:

The only thing that I dislike right now about Gu Chuan is his habit of always walking with one hand in his pocket.  It’s not natural to me.  But I also didn’t like Lin Jing (Love a Lifetime) keeping his hands constantly on his waist.

Ren Jialun’s first album “32 Li” is available on Spotify.com to listen for free.  But you can’t download it.  Released on April 11? , his 32nd birthday.  I saw English translations for 3 of the songs that he wrote.  The song thanking his parents, and the song thanking his fans are especially heartwarming.  He’s a good singer, especially notable for the theme songs to his dramas Glory of Tang Dynasty (my favorite), Under the Power, Autumn Cicada, and Love a Lifetime. (I am wondering if it’s an inside joke that they made Mr. Lizard Gu Chuan such an awful singer.)

The MV for the signature song on the album showcases his amazing dancing. :gangnamstyle:  

He was one of the judges on the Chinese version of You Think You Can Dance.

I fell “into the pit” for RJ watching Under the Power, then watched Glory of Tang without English subs simply for his acting.  Luckily I found one of the viewers had written a synopsis of each episode in English. LMK if you want the links.

I appreciate any information you can share about Ren Jialun.  Thank you  hush puppy ! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tantaran808 said:

I fell “into the pit” for RJ watching Under the Power, then watched Glory of Tang without English subs simply for his acting.  Luckily I found one of the viewers had written a synopsis of each episode in English. LMK if you want the links.

I appreciate any information you can share about Ren Jialun.  Thank you  hush puppy ! 

@tantaran808

So far I've only been a Fan of "One" Chinese Actor.  But he is not Ren Jialun. Neither am I a fan of any Chinese Actress.  I don't easily Fandom a Star.  But I'll willingly appreciate & applaud a Good Drama & Acting, when I see one.  And when I do, I'll research.

As Per Your Request:

RJL's father is a Martial Arts Coach. So he discipline him very "Strictly" since he was young. When faced with failure or problems he was not allowed to cry. When young, RJL don't eat much.  So when he was 9yrs' old,  his father sent him to train in a Table-Tennis Class. He quits TT at 16yrs old because of back injury.

He concentrated on his studies. Completed High School in 2007. Passed the College Entrance Exam based on his own efforts.  After graduating from the "Qingdao Foreign Service Vocational School", he worked in the Qingdao Airport. 

But he wanted to be a Star.  His idols are Andy Lau, Jay Chou & Korean Rain. 

His first love abandoned him when he was 17yrs old. He took 2yrs to recover. Which is why he is so Faithful to his girlfriend and now, Wife. His father also taught him to be a responsible man.  Often telling him that a Man should be responsible for taking care of the family.

In 2010, 21yrs' old RJL resigned from his airport job and went to South Korea together with Huang Zitao - to be a Singer and Dancer. He trained with a Korean Group. Things didn't work out. 2yrs later he switched to Japan. After 2yrs, he returned to China in 2014 and went into acting.

Met his current wife, Nie Huan in 2011 & have been together since. They used to practise together - dancing & acting.  After meeting RJL, Nie Huan slowly quits active acting. She oftens acts as his assistant, accompanying him throughout the bad times. At times even helping him out financially. Which is why he is so grateful to her. 

Eventually he got his Break with "Glory Of The Tang Dynasty".  The Director liked him so much that he was given the most no of scenes.  Because he had to shoot so much, he contracted Pneumonia while filming the 2 Seasons of "GOTTD".  I don't like his other dramas though.  Until this one comes along

P/S. BTW @tantaran808 if you like a post, you can give a "Like" or something else by lightly touching the Heart Shape at the Right Bottom Corner.  And then click the emoji you liked.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, pad-hari said:

:approves:

I believe the glass breaking was just away to indicate Xiao Ning is a symbol of bad luck. :sweats:

Ren Jialun can sing, dance and speak/write Korean well. Yes. He was a Kpop idol trainee for 3 years. If the stars were aligned in different way, he would have become an idol. Thank god, he did not   I PREFER him as an actor because he is one hella good actor. 

He did not hide this fact though. He often talks about those trainee days in interviews just not which group or which company is. It is well kept secret.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 4/30/2021 at 7:29 AM, pad-hari said:

@miaka fy

No, no, no don't come to a conclusion becoz of that 9/20 incident.  Actually he is a very very caring and warm guy.  I will post a link to an article and you can see how warm hearted he is. 

Reveal hidden contents

Awwww, you almost covered all the parts of the drama so far and have a given an all-round review in and out of the drama.  :heartxoxo:

kyaaaa dear :fullofhearts:You know me so well LOLLLL I know I'm still feel a bit cold with what happen with the 9/20. I remember I was so shocked it with how Chen Yi was with Crystal in this fanmeeting. Yes I have read also all hypothesis for what happen. But after that I was hope he write back to Crystal in Weibo or just be a normal friend like always. When he appear in Happy Camp and he was acting with Zhao Lusi, I was hope Crystal was there too. Dear, probably still hope for Love and Redemption 2 with both of them. We don't know the story inside between them..but I still believe that is my MOST FAVORITE SERIE in 2020!!! I WATCH IT SO MANY TIME!!! Acting and chemistry was the best. Finish many box tissue box too...lolll:love:

Yes I was so into Miss Crow with Mr Lizard that I finish it until ep 12 hehe...and finally catch you dear!  I was like when is coming the next episode ^^;;; 

@hush puppy Oh Fair is always have the same hairstyle in all her modern serie. If you saw the remake from ''The Prince who turn into the Frog'' aka Forget You, remember Love, she also have a same hairstyle. It's make her more younger I think..

Oh true why the tread isn't change the name yet...it's ''current'' mainland serie...

@tantaran808 Oh me...I have at home right now Meco and I buy 2 week ago few flavour one in chinese store. Canada we have probably all promotion product loll I also find few from Xiao Zhan product lolll. I try the Lemon Tea right now it's ok...We meet again in Ren Jialun drama serie, let's enjoy the serie with everyone!! ^^

btw Ren jialun is also a dancer...he was suppose to be in Kpop group before he take all down 

credit to the owner 

I think I post to angie before....

• Love 3

@tantaran808 @Ma OO Yes, maybe you both are right reg. the "Glass shattering" from ep.2.  They did not show that properly and so i thought the other way.  Yes, that scene indicates her symbol of bad luck.  Thank god, they were small glass shards.  If the pieces are big, think of her situation.  The bad luck would have endagered her life.  I dont think its comical to show such dangerous things as a sign of one's bad luck.   

@hush puppy @tantaran808 @Ma OO @miaka fy all of you know about RJ's profile very good.  Thanks for all the news about him.  Especially about him being k-pop trainee and him knowing korean.  wow!!!! Thanks for the m/v of him.  I adore those stars who sing and dance simultaneously the same time.  Its not easy to do so.  I saw the m/v and was in awe.   Really!!!! He is not trying so hard and all his movements are so effortless.  Now, i am really enjoying his voice.  Its kinda different. Its soft, screechy but not irritating to hear, husky but not rough.  If you keep on hearing it, you get used to it and love it.    I got addicted and saw some old videos of his songs especially him singing JTL's Sexy back.  His english pronounciation is also super good.  Now i have become a big fan of his and added him in my list of actors i follow.  Me too, i dont like an actor easily but if i do so, i will surely be faithful and follow them.  He seems to be a multi-talented actor.  Thanks for all the info.  

Here are the trailers for the upcoming 6 episodes this week.

Ep.13.  So, XJ is the one who re-introduces his ex to GC.  What a dork!!!!!!

Ep.14.  BTW, I dont like SML.  She is highly irritating character!!!!

Ep.15 OMO, finally she is meeting someone who knows her dad very well!!!!!!

Ep.16  Finally, he's getting his dream come true, receiving the award and the XJ is too straight forward to confess to him directly that she likes him

Spoiler

Ep.17.    Did she got trapped into a building????  Super man GC to the rescue!!!!!!  The villian who killed XJ's parents appears in this ep.  We have to wait and see how he recognize her???

Spoiler

ep18  Awww,   The character XJ is so cute asking him to smile and cheerful everyday.  Love her attitude.

Spoiler

cr: as tagged

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hi everyone,

Can you all instruct me on how to add your user name (@xxxx) to my reply?

I’m new to this forum, so still learning.

Thanks pad-hari for the trailers. I can’t believe episode 18 will be the halfway mark of this 36 episode drama.  It will end too soon!

The English lyrics for the song “Exchange” by Zhou Shen hint a sad ending?  Is the meaning the same  in Chinese as well? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, tantaran808 said:

Can you all instruct me on how to add your user name (@xxxx) to my reply?

Just start typing @______(the user name) a dialog box will automatically appear and click on the exact username and it will appear on the screen.  Hope this helps.

Oh no, i dont want a sad ending for this cute couple.  The interaction is so natural and there is a gradual attraction between them.  Let it be a HEA ending.  

And also, reg. his pet lizard, is he keeping it becoz he saw the small girl in the 1st episode saving it, or its a coincidence.

OMO, and there is an upcoming scene which i saw in weibo.  I dont think its intense but it gave me goose-bumps.:1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):I think this is the bts.  There is a full bts video of it, but i cannot post the link here.  Cute.

II3OD7d.gif

zgZyxMz.gif

RoTZylV.gif

Spoiler

XsjMjMJ.jpg

MzyL221.jpg

cKVuraQ.jpg

He is super smart in this gif:fullofhearts:

Spoiler

l4RiS3i.gif

cr: weibo

• Like 1
  • Love 2

23 hours ago, pad-hari said:

@tantaran808 @Ma OO Yes, maybe you both are right reg. the "Glass shattering" from ep.2.  They did not show that properly and so i thought the other way.  Yes, that scene indicates her symbol of bad luck.  Thank god, they were small glass shards.  If the pieces are big, think of her situation.  The bad luck would have endagered her life.  I dont think its comical to show such dangerous things as a sign of one's bad luck.   

@hush puppy @tantaran808 @Ma OO @miaka fy all of you know about RJ's profile very good.  Thanks for all the news about him.  Especially about him being k-pop trainee and him knowing korean.  wow!!!! Thanks for the m/v of him.  I adore those stars who sing and dance simultaneously the same time.  Its not easy to do so.  I saw the m/v and was in awe.   Really!!!! He is not trying so hard and all his movements are so effortless.  Now, i am really enjoying his voice.  Its kinda different. Its soft, screechy but not irritating to hear, husky but not rough.  If you keep on hearing it, you get used to it and love it.    I got addicted and saw some old videos of his songs especially him singing JTL's Sexy back.  His english pronounciation is also super good.  Now i have become a big fan of his and added him in my list of actors i follow.  Me too, i dont like an actor easily but if i do so, i will surely be faithful and follow them.  He seems to be a multi-talented actor.  Thanks for all the info.  

Here are the trailers for the upcoming 6 episodes this week.

Ep.13.  So, XJ is the one who re-introduces his ex to GC.  What a dork!!!!!!

Ep.14.  BTW, I dont like SML.  She is highly irritating character!!!!

Ep.15 OMO, finally she is meeting someone who knows her dad very well!!!!!!

Ep.16  Finally, he's getting his dream come true, receiving the award and the XJ is too straight forward to confess to him directly that she likes him

Reveal hidden contents

Ep.17.    Did she got trapped into a building????  Super man GC to the rescue!!!!!!  The villian who killed XJ's parents appears in this ep.  We have to wait and see how he recognize her???

Reveal hidden contents

ep18  Awww,   The character XJ is so cute asking him to smile and cheerful everyday.  Love her attitude.

Reveal hidden contents

cr: as tagged

I understand your POV but it is just how Chinese/Korean dramas are so I just let it pass. I hope XingFei was alright when she was filming it :sweats:

I don't like actors that easily also. I mean, I was obsessed with one actor and  devoted my teenage years following that particular actor on my profile and posting about him religiously on soompi, that how I got "Legend" status but after that,life happens. :teaze:I was interested in some actors here and there but no one can hold my interest so long until RJL appeared. HHAHA

I actually saw him in Under the Power whom I thought was villain or second lead until third episode. he was so damn good IMO. I loved him a lot there compared to the rest of his dramas.

(And Autumn cicada which literally made me :crybaby: Don't check that drama out. It is NOT a good drama but impactful, we can talk about it when time are right)

@tantaran808 I saw the ending MV, read the lyrics numerous times, and also listened to the new OST "A Summer Event". I am also getting same feel as you. If this was the Korean drama, I can close my eyes and say it is going to be 100% happy ending.

Spoiler

But MCWML being a Chinese drama, AND REN JIA LUN'S DRAMA, it might have sad ending/open ending... So I don't know. Currently I am just enjoying the ride and blindly assuming that it is Happy Ending. 

22 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Just start typing @______(the user name) a dialog box will automatically appear and click on the exact username and it will appear on the screen.  Hope this helps.

Oh no, i dont want a sad ending for this cute couple.  The interaction is so natural and there is a gradual attraction between them.  Let it be a HEA ending.  

And also, reg. his pet lizard, is he keeping it becoz he saw the small girl in the 1st episode saving it, or its a coincidence.

OMO, and there is an upcoming scene which i saw in weibo.  I dont think its intense but it gave me goose-bumps.:1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):I think this is the bts.  There is a full bts video of it, but i cannot post the link here.  Cute.

Reveal hidden contents

He is super smart in this gif:fullofhearts:

Hide contents

cr: weibo

RJL is quite an interesting person. The BTS are priceless. He is Mr Xin in real life. 

Edited by SC2019
Please do not quote pictures/videos when you reply! TQ.
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

@Ma OO

Excuse my ignorance.  Who is Mr. Xin?

From many years ago, I was a fan of a Korean drama actor who has since retired,  and I’ve never found another actor to follow until RJL.  Since Under the Power and Glory, I am now addicted.  (For sad endings, Glory of Tang Dynasty is a winner.)

I agree that Autumn Cicada was very disappointing - except he sure looked good in a uniform.  His other historical drama Love a Lifetime was IMO not as good as Under the Power  but he got to show off his playful, rascal side and more complex sword fighting skills. 

One thing I’m missing is RJL’s horse-riding skills.  I was impressed with Wallace Chung’s horsemanship in Sword and Brocade.

18 hours ago, tantaran808 said:

@Ma OO

Excuse my ignorance.  Who is Mr. Xin?

From many years ago, I was a fan of a Korean drama actor who has since retired,  and I’ve never found another actor to follow until RJL.  Since Under the Power and Glory, I am now addicted.  (For sad endings, Glory of Tang Dynasty is a winner.)

I agree that Autumn Cicada was very disappointing - except he sure looked good in a uniform.  His other historical drama Love a Lifetime was IMO not as good as Under the Power  but he got to show off his playful, rascal side and more complex sword fighting skills. 

One thing I’m missing is RJL’s horse-riding skills.  I was impressed with Wallace Chung’s horsemanship in Sword and Brocade.

Sorry. I wanted to say he is Mr Xingfu, always looking happy. He normally talks too much and has no air of celebrity. 

I did not like Glory of Tang Dynasty and did not finish it. It is too sad and tragic to the point where I don't even want to  touch it.:dead: