Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lmangla

Classic kdrama level

How many of these kdrama classics are you aware of? Have you watched them?  

208 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. 2000-2004

• All about eve (2000)
    • mr duke (2000)
    • popcorn (2000)
    • Autumn in my heart (2001)
    • Beautiful days (2001)
    • Hotelier (2001)
    • Winter Sonata (2002)
    • Successful story of bright girl (2002)
    • My love Patzzi (2002)
    • Loving you (2002)
    • Miss mermaid (2002)
    • Dae Jang Geum / Jewel in the palace (2003)
    • Summer Scent (2003)
    • Attic cat (2003)
    • All In (2003)
    • Stairway to heaven (2003)
    • Damo (2003)
    • Love letter (2003)
    • Full House (2004)
    • sweet 18 (2004)
  2. 2. 2004-2008

• Save your last dance for me (2004)
    • Lovers in Paris (2004)
    • Love story in Harvard (2004)
    • Emperor of the sea (2004)
    • Sassy girl Choon-Hyang (2005)
    • Green Rose (2005)
    • My Girl (2005)
    • My name is Kim Sam Soon (2005)
    • Wonderful life (2005)
    • Goong (2006)
    • Vineyard man (2006)
    • Spring waltz (2006)
    • Which star are you from (2006)
    • Coffee Prince (2007)
    • Hello! Miss (2007)
    • Jumong (2007)
    • I hate you but its fine (2007)
    • Bad couple (2007)
    • East of eden (2008)
    • Temptation of wife (2008)
  3. 3. 2008-2010

• Hong Gil Dong (2008)
    • You are my destiny (2008)
    • Yi San (2008)
    • Boys over flowers (2009)
    • Smile you (2009)
    • Queen Seondeok (2009)
    • Shining inheritance (2009)
    • Sons of sol pharmacy (2009)
    • You are beautiful (2009)
    • Accidental couple (2009)
    • Chuno (2010)
    • Giant (2010)
    • My girlfriend is a gumiho (2010)
    • King of baking (2010)
    • Fugitive: plan B (2010)
    • Secret garden (2010)
    • * Classic leveL: Kindergarten – I have never heard of these dramas (less than 15 names)
    • * Classic level: Middle school – I actually watched a few (less than 25 names)
    • * Classic level: High school – I know and have watched many of these dramas (40 names and more)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/05/2020 at 12:30 AM

5 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

this sounds so hilarious but addictive... reminds me of picasso from gracious family. I have forgotten most of the drama but still know the name of the fish. :lol:

BEST.FUNERAL.EVER. :D

giphy.gif

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, 000231846597 said:

To be frank, although I know most of the dramas here, I did not watch a lot of them because of the genre. Even I am interested in some of these, there were no local tv stations broadcasting them, and often times the video rental store don't have them too. [That was way before online streaming was available.]

I actually ended up discovering youtube and other streaming sites because of kdramas. this was back before people even knew what youtube was! there were some really great fan streaming sites that no longer exist and I caught many of those classics because of fan efforts to make it available. sometimes the subs were a little off but there wasn't much to complain when people are putting their heart. those were the days when streaming dramas took real dedication because the net connection was so sloooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

10 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

those were the days when streaming dramas took real dedication because the net connection was so sloooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

That was the time when I was grateful for having resolution with 480p...  The frustration of having 10mins time limit for each YT video!!! The DVD/ VCD with scratches and suddenly stops working in middle of the drama!!! [Feeling old:no_mouth:]

I really appreciate the subs groups, too. It was around 2007 when they and the streaming sites were becoming more developed that I started to watch the older dramas back. But some dramas does not age well, I am afraid.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

10 minutes ago, 000231846597 said:

That was the time when I was grateful for having resolution with 480p...  The frustration of having 10mins time limit for each YT video!!! The DVD/ VCD with scratches and suddenly stops working in middle of the drama!!!

kekeke... and now we are greedy as we want 720p and more. got this meme on whatsapp a few days ago. made me laugh. so apt.

D5fk9b2WAAIRGST.jpg

10 minutes ago, 000231846597 said:

But some dramas does not age well, I am afraid.

yea I will be curious to see how many of the hot dramas in the last 5 years would stand up in a few years...

@rocher22 ~ what is the classic drama that you still remember most of the plot?

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

Since I tick on more on 40++ drama so ill be in high school group? (Ajumma group more likely :D:sweatingbullets: i would say 85% of that 40++ i really watched them. But wait..why u dont have memory in Bali on the list? That’s how I discovered soompi back in 2005 (registered an account in 2008 for spazzing on WGM couple 1st season!) when doing some search on wat’s the ending of the drama :D i still remember i printed out that drama thread at that time from my mom’s office so that i can read at home because yeah internet was some luxury back then

People might be laughing if they were to force watch Winter sonata nowadays but thats my kdrama 1st loveeeeee i would still watch it today but hard to find on internet and i don’t know where my cd collection went to...i still listen to the drama ost and they are still good

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, joccu said:

so my level is high school. The first K-dramas dramas that I watch were Full house and boys over flowers.  I have to thank Rain(BI) for introducing me to Kdramas.

rain was awesome in full house. his expressions were so funny in that drama. remember one negative review that said the drama was basically just cooking and cleaning and that had me laughing. LOL. true but who knew that cooking and cleaning can be this hilarious. kekekeke. this scene still cracks me up. the expression on the mother and grandmother's face. :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

29 minutes ago, kaykafisyah said:

But wait..why u dont have memory in Bali on the list? That’s how I discovered soompi back in 2005 (registered an account in 2008 for spazzing on WGM couple 1st season!) when doing some search on wat’s the ending of the drama :D i still remember i printed out that drama thread at that time from my mom’s office so that i can read at home because yeah internet was some luxury back then

My exact question on the previous page of this thread. :lol:
If they ever get around to making a remake of this, who do you think could be able to play Jo In Sung's role of a volatile, conflicted, arrogant young man? And on top of that he should be an "ugly" crier? :D

I don't think many could pull off this role convincingly.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

42 minutes ago, kaykafisyah said:

i still remember i printed out that drama thread at that time from my mom’s office so that i can read at home because yeah internet was some luxury back then

People might be laughing if they were to force watch Winter sonata nowadays but thats my kdrama 1st loveeeeee i would still watch it today but hard to find on internet and i don’t know where my cd collection went to...i still listen to the drama ost and they are still good

kekek... @partyon had the same question which was answered in page 1. but yea, back then, there weren't too many places where fans could post and interact. so the forum felt more special and interesting to read.

yea, I wonder how viewers these days would react to winter sonata. would they find it as sticky? the music though is ageless. absolutely beautiful and makes me immediately think of cold nights and cool breeze.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Start watching from 2014 but amazingly my level is high school :joy:

If you wonder why :D

Me when I enter kdrama world 

5eabfb4f69000011033729.jpg?download

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

yea I will be curious to see how many of the hot dramas in the last 5 years would stand up in a few years...

@rocher22 ~ what is the classic drama that you still remember most of the plot?

Im not so sure, but maybe ''Family's honor'' and ''Chuno''.

• Like 3

Uh ... is there a pre-school level?  ... a participation award maybe? :lol:

For most its a poll - for me, its a binge watch list - Thanks @Lmangla :blush:

LCO

• LOL 2

Kindergarten Level.... I only know 12....:joy:

• LOL 2

12 minutes ago, cenching said:

Kindergarten Level.... I only know 12....:joy:

I am shocked! LOL.. thought you knew all the oppas with the best abs. :P

@JC's Lingxi ~ that was a fun interview; sometimes the actors can be so boring but these two had a sardonic sense of humour and it was amusing. who knew lee min ho is human and fell on the red carpet. poor thing. kekekekke...

• LOL 1

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

the poll is kind of limited in its tech capabilities -- so it won't automatically calculate your result %. so I had entered the level for those who wanted to share (you basically have to manually know how many you clicked on). but you can share your level, the classics you loved with a post here on this thread. :)...

i dunno how i didnt get my level, just straight to the poll %

im too tech dummy

anyway..these dramas that i remember watching

1. 2000-2004
All about eve (2000)
mr duke (2000)
popcorn (2000)
Autumn in my heart (2001)
Beautiful days (2001)
Hotelier (2001)
Winter Sonata (2002)
Successful story of bright girl (2002)
My love Patzzi (2002)
Miss mermaid (2002)
Dae Jang Geum / Jewel in the palace (2003)
Attic cat (2003)
All In (2003)
Love letter (2003)
Full House (2004)

sweet 18 (2004)

2. 2004-2008
Save your last dance for me (2004)
Lovers in Paris (2004)
Love story in Harvard (2004)
Emperor of the sea (2004)
Sassy girl Choon-Hyang (2005)
My name is Kim Sam Soon (2005)
Wonderful life (2005)
Coffee Prince (2007)
Hello! Miss (2007)
East of eden (2008)
Temptation of wife (2008)

3. 2008-2010
Hong Gil Dong (2008)
You are my destiny (2008)
Boys over flowers (2009)
Smile you (2009)
Queen Seondeok (2009)
Shining inheritance (2009)
Sons of sol pharmacy (2009)
You are beautiful (2009)
Accidental couple (2009)
Chuno (2010)

I tend to not watch famous or overblown dramas, like Secret Garden, Descendent of the Sun, etc

Somehow i lose interest with the publicity
My all time favorite drama is Coffee Prince because i was able to laughed watching while going thru tough time at that time

And later, the actor who was the big silly guy character who made me laugh throughout the drama passed away

because of motorcycle accident, so it sadden me and left me lasting bittersweet  memory about Coffee Prince

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

you have watched a lot of dramas @yukiyukiku  :)

2 minutes ago, yukiyukiku said:

I tend to not watch famous or overblown dramas, like Secret Garden, Descendent of the Sun, etc

Somehow i lose interest with the publicity

same here; I haven't watched many of the really famous dramas over the last few years. have yet to watch descendants of the sun and I will admit I cheated with secret garden. I watched half the series and the rest of the drama, I just finished by watching clips and MVs which had the whole story. LOL. not enough patience. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

24 minutes ago, JC's Lingxi said:

@angelangie its not surprising for me to see @cenching not knowing a lot... she is majorly focussed on C Dramas.... 

Absolutely right.....:glasses:

@Lmangla @angelangie how come 2 of you forget that I am more devoted to Shuai Ge than Oppa??  :expressionless:

• LOL 2

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

classic: winter sonata (2002)

the synopsis made no sense to me and so I had put off watching. finally, out of curiosity, I checked it out and understood why it was the drama that made people fall in love with kdramas. the plot, I repeat is ridiculous. :lol: hahahaha... you keep thinking "why am I watching this nonsense story that makes no sense" but you are enjoying yourself too much to stop. LOL.  the cinematography is really beautiful and if there is a soundtrack that makes you think of winter, this is i

This was not tops in Korea but it started the Halyu wave outside.

My very first Korean drama. I was so used to Western shows, just the oh so slow plot was so frustrating. I would watch Choi talk to Bae, then got up made coffee, came back and they were still talking. The last episode was a real cliffhanger. I had an internet subscription from the telephone company. But there was a lightning strike over the weekend and the last episode was on Monday. I remember rushing home, dashed to the maintenance office and they said that they had called the phone company, it was fixed. :sweatingbullets: Lucky for them, Else I would have done something violent.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 2

3 hours ago, partyon said:

My exact question on the previous page of this thread. :lol:
If they ever get around to making a remake of this, who do you think could be able to play Jo In Sung's role of a volatile, conflicted, arrogant young man? And on top of that he should be an "ugly" crier? :D

I don't think many could pull off this role convincingly.

I’m not a fan of remakes but hey! JIS HJW and SJS are still active so why don’t we have them again, instead rewrite the ending and also HJW’s character! :D

@Lmangla today’s viewers will find winter sonata cringy and over the top :D WS has all the kdrama makjang recipes, secret birth, first love, terminal illness, memory lost, i bet it will be a flop if it was showing in today’s world, but nevertheless it’s still my 1st love :wub: i even had a dream that i met BYJ & CJW in real life :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

1 minute ago, kaykafisyah said:

I’m not a fan of remakes but hey! JIS HJW and SJS are still active so why don’t we have them again, instead rewrite the ending and also HJW’s character! :D

lol :D Yeah, HJW's character should be a lot more spunkier and not let herself be treated so poorly in the remake.

I really doubt that any of the three actors would want to do a remake, though. Of course there are a lot of talented younger actors out there, but In Sung had a very special aura in the drama that I think would be hard for someone else to re-create. JIS is not afraid to play a bit "psyhco" if you will... :D

I was thinking that maybe Seo In Guk would be able to pull it off?

• Like 3