Yuan Quan as Xia Qian
He Hong Shan as Yuan Yuan
Wu Yue as Qi Xin
Yu Xiao Wei as Li Yifan
Zhang Chen Guang as Mr. Jiang
Wu Yu Fang as Mrs. Jiang
Wu Yan Shu as Granny Jiang

Synopsis:

Set in 20th century Shanghai, it revolves around two women with different backgrounds and personalities who forge a deep friendship as they support each other through hard times in life.

Zhu Suosuo is born into poverty, and is taken in by Jiang Nansun's family. From then on, the two women became close friends. After they stepped out into society, Zhu Suosuo quickly made a name for herself in the workforce with her talents and exemplary performance. Jiang Nansun continues to pursue academics, earning a reputation as an intellect. However, the Jiang family later met with trouble and fell into despair. Zhu Suosuo helps Jiang Nansun settle into the workforce, by assistin her with living accommodations and work opportunities. With her hard work and knowledge, Jiang Nansun gradually transforms into an outstanding white-collard lady.

Zhu Suosuo later gets married. While her marriage appears to be grand and impressive, it is not acknowledged by her husband's family. When things got tense between Zhuo Suosuo and her husband, Jiang Nansun helps Zhu Suosuo take care of her children and manage her life, until Zhuo Suosuo finds courage to walk out of her predicament.

As time passes by, the two women experienced the different aspects of life, and gradually transforms into mature women and possess their own "prime years of life".

Cr dramawiki

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

My Best Friend’s Story 流金岁月 Raw Episodes

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to @Jillia

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

Summary of the original book (Translated by Google)

Jiang Nansun's native family is in good condition. Because both parents are old, the grandmother who holds property is very important at home. [Grandmother prioritizes men over women, "Nan Sun" means to look forward to "Male Sun"]

Zhu Suosuo never mentioned a biological mother. Her father was a seafarer and she was away from home for many years. She was fostered in the house of her uncle. The aunt's family treated her well, her cousin liked her, and her aunt wanted to keep her as daughter-in-law. [The original book describes the story of Hong Kong in the 60s and 70s, so cousins and cousins may be legally married.]

Jiang Nansun and Zhu Suosuo were classmates in the middle school. Because both of them moved from "Shanghai" to "Hong Kong", the two began to make friends because of the "Shanghai Accent". Both have good homework at school and each has their own dreams.

Before graduating from high school, Zhu Suosuo's biological father married a new wife in Singapore, and no longer gave the aunt's family the cost of living with the lock. She did not like her cousin, so she had to move to Jiang Nansun's house for five months. These five months went through before graduating from high school, and the first two months of working just before the lock.

Jiang Nan Sun Yuan wanted to study abroad [the trend at that time], but because her grandmother was more male than female, she could only stay in Hong Kong to study at university. After finishing the preparatory course, when the university started, she gave her first official boyfriend [codename A1];

Zhu Suosuo worked for a year or two and moved from a shared tenancy to a big house. Jiang Nansun went to see her and found that she had a very ambiguous relationship with the property owner

Before long, A1 went abroad to study, and Jiang Nansun fell out of love. Later, he met another boyfriend

at the school. The two submitted before marriage and visited each other's parents.

Jiang Nansun graduated from the university and Zhu Suosuo celebrated it.

B1 chatted with Jiang Nansun, saying that "the eldest grandson is going to university soon, and it is impossible to divorce his wife and marry Zhu Suosuo." He called Jiang Nansun to take good care of Zhu Suosuo, and reminded Jiang Nansun that "the time to speculate has passed and advised his father to close as soon as possible."

After breaking up with B1, Zhu Suo-suo soon married the rich second generation [code B2] of a cruise ship owner who had been chasing her for a long time.

Jiang Nansun's father was greedy until the real estate market collapsed, losing all his family's money, and even losing his family's big house. Jiang Nansun's father had no choice but to ask [future relative] A2 family, and was humiliated by the very powerful A2 family. A family of four moved from a big house to Zhu Suosuo and lent it to Jiang Nansun's two-bedroom apartment.

Zhu Suosuo learned that the Jiang family was in distress and offered assistance to help the Jiang family survive the crisis.

A2 Because Jiang Nansun's father borrowed money from his family, he went to the company to quarrel with Jiang Nansun, and the two broke up.

Zhu Suosuo is pregnant.

Jiang Nansun's father Yu Yuhuanhuan died unexpectedly.

Zhu Suosuo hired Jiang Nansun to work for a company he managed. Jiang Nansun accompanied Zhu Suosuo to be in production.

Zhu Suosuo gave birth to a beautiful daughter, B2 did not show up in the hospital until the day of her daughter's birth.

Jiang Nansun found a new job and started the strong woman model. Afterwards, he worked madly and was promoted and raised all the way to support his mother and grandmother.

After Jiang Nansun's father passed away, she encouraged her mother to go abroad to find her aunt and start a new life. Jiang Nansun's mother finally bravely went abroad to start a new life. The Jiang family has only two grandparents. [Later Jiang mother combined with a Chinese professor abroad]

Zhu Suosuo married B2, and B2 had a new girlfriend who wanted to sweep her out. Zhu Suosuo did not agree to the divorce and fostered his daughter in Jiang Nansun's family.

The handsome young man A3, who once encountered a dog while walking a dog abroad many years ago, reappeared in Jiang Nansun's life.

Jiang Nansun's grandmother intends to match A3 and Jiang Nansun, but Jiang Nansun believes in work but not in feelings, and has been shrinking.

Zhu Suosuo and B2 fight divorce lawsuits, dragged on for a year or two, until B2's family fell into debt and the debts were heavy.

B1 found Jiang Nansun and asked her to persuade Zhu Suosuo to agree to divorce B2, so as to avoid Zhu Suosuo being dragged down by B2's family.

Jiang Nansun couldn't find Zhu Suosuo. It turned out that Zhu Suosuo had taken all his savings to help B2 repay the debt.

After this incident, the family of B2 recognized Zhu Suosuo's identity, B2's new girlfriend also ran away, B2 intends to change his mind. But at this time, Zhu Suosuo divorced B2.

A3 proposed marriage several times, but Jiang Nansun did not agree.

A3 invited Jiang Nansun and Zhu Suozuo to be guests at home. Zhu Suozuo met the professional cousin of A3's doctor [codename B3].

The daughters of Zhu Suosuo and B2 have been taken care of by Jiang Nansun and grandmother. Zhu Suosuo wanted to make a comeback, but was frustrated after a defeat.

A3 threatened to break up and finally let Jiang Nansun agree to marry him.

Zhu Suosuo found Jiang Nansun and asked her if she could entrust her daughter to her for a few years. She would go abroad and start again. Jiang Nansun said his daughter is "all happy".

Zhu Suosuo left, A3 told Jiang Nansun that his cousin B3 had already proposed to Zhu Suosuo, and Zhu Suosuo agreed to go to Australia to marry his cousin.

After Jiang Nansun and A3 married, they rented a big house with their grandmother and lock-locked daughter. The grandmother was in a large room facing south.

One day, Jiang Nansun bought desserts for an old and a young boy and went home. He heard from the window that his grandmother was chatting with friends who had been complaining about "no boy grandson".

Jiang Nansun burst into tears.

• 2 months later...
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] My Best Friend’s Story 流金岁月
  • Guest changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2020/2021] My Best Friend’s Story 流金岁月

Wonder why there's no chatter about this endearing and entertaining drama that focuses on the distinct life and personality of two girls who are BFFs. The plot seems so simple but it draws you in almost instantly with its profound slice of life essence. Enjoying the superb acting of Liu Shi Shi and Ni Ni. 

Available on Youtube if anyone's interested.

Yuan Quan is a nice addition, albeit only on a special appearance basis.

Btw, there's another awesome girl-centric drama airing currently and ir's quite similar to this: 

Dear Missy《了不起的女孩》

I'm watching it, the starting episodes are rather slice of life-ish, and I think it's rather flat (in the sense of not dramatic and chill) so it's hard to really talk about. We are at major turning point with the current episodes, which is fun. I think when they were adapting the story, they made the time bit fuzzy but didn't take Suo Suo into consideration, her background make sense in the novel because she was 18 or something, in the drama, it kind of doesn't really make sense? Everyone are extra nice to Suo Suo at work too, and her career kickstarted too easily IMO.

There's some golden dialogues here and there, which I really loved, but will get into spoilers. I do appreciate that female supporting characters are all pretty varied and awesome in their own ways, even what normally would be one dimensional character (e.g. the ex-girlfriend). God knows how many cdramas I watched where female characters are terribly written, sometimes it's supporting characters, sometimes it's the lead, it's like they can't write a girl who can handle things herself. So it's very very very lovely to have a drama that's not like that. Even characters I love to hate (who happens to be all men here LOL, but there's lot of lovable male characters too!) follow their own logic and they are pretty complicated rather than just plot device.

The story and cast got me hooked. Both Nini and SiSi are so beautiful. I like Tung Ziqian snd Tony Yang too. The shooting and acting are so natural and believable.  Up to episode 14 and cant wait to see the evolving of their characters. 

@skibbies @Cheerie Awesome! Glad to have company! :issohappy:

It's getting more and more interesting (though I didn't expect JNS' dad to go that route). Love how the womenfolk are watching out for each other, and spanning three generations! More glad that JNS is crossing path with WYZ again. Anticipating the bloom of their relationship now that JNS is "free" and available.  

There are indeed lots to learn/savor from this drama. The script is so well-crafted, or well-adapted from the novel. I agree there are many golden quotes to linger over. (Perhaps we can share some when the drama's off the air.)

The plot flows so naturally, I don't find it draggy. The portrayals are so well-acted by the many good-lookers in the cast, especially the two FLs, that for once, I'm finding myself drawn into the drama too easily, too deeply. Parts of ep 15 and 16 are real tearjerkers (for me).

I'm glad to see the traditional gender bias being explored in a good way. I'm glad to see grandma coming to her senses slowly, though it was a cruel way for her to realize the folly of that belief. I was not surprised by JNS' decision to take over the care of grandma from her mom, but was glad she is maturing to be a more reliable grandchild, daughter, and bestie. As for ZSS, what a bestie she is! Where did she find all that energy and inspiration to extend herself that way? A true friend indeed! I'm still quite unsure of ZSS pairing up with that rich guy XHZ. I can't quite see how he could fall for her so quickly and the quick change in his attitude. I can't imagine all it takes is a pretty face. Nor a chat over a drink. Can't wait for more to unfold between these two BFFs, and between them and their love interests. 

11 hours ago, wolfgal said:

@skibbies @Cheerie Awesome! Glad to have company! :issohappy:

It's getting more and more interesting (though I didn't expect JNS' dad to go that route). Love how the womenfolk are watching out for each other, and spanning three generations! More glad that JNS is crossing path with WYZ again. Anticipating the bloom of their relationship now that JNS is "free" and available.  

There are indeed lots to learn/savor from this drama. The script is so well-crafted, or well-adapted from the novel. I agree there are many golden quotes to linger over. (Perhaps we can share some when the drama's off the air.)

The plot flows so naturally, I don't find it draggy. The portrayals are so well-acted by the many good-lookers in the cast, especially the two FLs, that for once, I'm finding myself drawn into the drama too easily, too deeply. Parts of ep 15 and 16 are real tearjerkers (for me).

I'm glad to see the traditional gender bias being explored in a good way. I'm glad to see grandma coming to her senses slowly, though it was a cruel way for her to realize the folly of that belief. I was not surprised by JNS' decision to take over the care of grandma from her mom, but was glad she is maturing to be a more reliable grandchild, daughter, and bestie. As for ZSS, what a bestie she is! Where did she find all that energy and inspiration to extend herself that way? A true friend indeed! I'm still quite unsure of ZSS pairing up with that rich guy XHZ. I can't quite see how he could fall for her so quickly and the quick change in his attitude. I can't imagine all it takes is a pretty face. Nor a chat over a drink. Can't wait for more to unfold between these two BFFs, and between them and their love interests. 

Ya glad to have company too :lol: The developments in episodes 15 and 16 were both sad and touching as well. The friendship is so heartwarming. Their support for each other is beyond friendship. By epi 17 and 18, NS is now a stronger lady but more to come for SS. It seems that her relationship with the rich boy is not going anywhere and i like her being realistic enough. 2 episodes a day is not enough :P

• Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2020/2021] My Best Friend’s Story 流金岁月
On 1/5/2021 at 8:52 PM, Cheerie said:

2 episodes a day is not enough :P

So true, which was why I "held my breath" and waited to binge-athon. :heart4:

An overall enjoyable and well-paced drama. I love the two FLs very much and their progress in life and love was all that kept me rooted to the drama. Their story's arc is most endearing and inspiring. To the end, it did not disappoint, except perhaps where NS' aunt is concerned (since I also love YQ and her portrayal of her character). If only she'd... 

Spoiler

ended up with the chairman, it would be the icing on the cake (for me)

For anyone who's still sitting on the fence, it's certainly a Must-Watch drama! :approves:

And not forgetting the beautiful OSTs!

Archived