Episodes: 120

Genre: Drama

Airdate: June 29th, 2020 - January 8th, 2021

Airtime: Mon to Fri @ 7:50 KST

Official site: HERE

Watch online:

https://www.viki.com/tv/37233c-my-wonderful-life

Story:

A story that looks back on life and family through a woman who struggles to overcome the hardships of being a second generation chaebol, and through another woman who suddenly leads a normal life as a second generation chaebol.

Cast:

Choi Sung Jae as Jang Si Kyung

He is a lawyer and  he transforms into Shim Yi-young's first love.

Shim Yi Young as Park Bok Hee

While raising her children, she plays acting as she learns that she is a chaebol second generation.

Jin Ye Sol

Won Ki Joon

Han So Young

Yang Hye Jin

Supporting Cast:

Lee Hye Sook

Han In Soo

Lee Hwi Hyang

Dokgo Young Jae

Character Chart:

jbwqB_3f.jpg

OST:

Spoiler

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Part 5:

Part 6:

Part 7:

Part 8:

Teasers:

Spoiler

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] My Brilliant Life, 찬란한 내 인생 - Mon to Fri @ 7:50 KST - Premieres on May 25th
  • Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] My Perfect Life, 찬란한 내 인생 - Mon to Fri @ 7:50 KST - Premieres in June
3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

wow, hardly a break from wanna taste and shim yi young is back on another daily drama!

I’m stoked I believe this is the first daily she has done for anyone other than SBS. So when is the start date? Is it this coming Monday or the following one?

2 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

I’m stoked I believe this is the first daily she has done for anyone other than SBS. So when is the start date? Is it this coming Monday or the following one?

haven't seen a MBC daily in a long while. can't remember the last one I watched but my impression is MBC tends to go more for melo/melodramatic kind of tone. so am curious to see how the tone will be for this one.

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] My Perfect Life - 찬란한 내 인생 - Mon to Fri @ 7:50 KST - Premieres on June 1st
13 hours ago, Lmangla said:

wow, hardly a break from wanna taste and shim yi young is back on another daily drama!

I was surprised and happy...YEAH!!

10 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

I wondered if you knew you would get to see her again so soon.. lol The date is June 1 as the start date it comes after the drama "Bad Love" that was extended 9 eps.

42 minutes ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

The date is June 1 as the start date it comes after the drama "Bad Love" that was extended 9 eps.

am surprised it got extended; whenever I peeked into the thread, it doesn't sound like a good drama to watch. :sweatingbullets:

On 5/22/2020 at 11:50 PM, Lmangla said:

am surprised it got extended; whenever I peeked into the thread, it doesn't sound like a good drama to watch. :sweatingbullets:

It actually is not a bad drama. Not sure why it did not have more of a presences on the thread. It is a shame it was extended. I can only think it was because the plot line for certain arcs went to far.  Now they are trying to clean up everything that should have ended two weeks ago.. lol. I look forward to this drama starting after this week. 

I am glad to see that the lead will end up as part of a rich family other than marriage , but that does not mean she will not have issues trying to accumulate herself to this knew environment with her children. I can see some issues with the second female lead above who looks like she will cause problems later for her. 

On 5/22/2020 at 9:17 PM, Lmangla said:

i love love her Shim Yi Young  :wub:, im just disturb for the casting why in the world the mistress in Happy Sister is there again she such a scene stealer, overacting. I hope this drama's writernim not the same with the Happy Sister because that mistress became center of the story of Happy Sister. I hope this story will really concentrate to her and the guy who will she end up with. Please writernim no more Happy SIster and Wanna Taste type of story the villain become more visible than the lead star :)

On 5/22/2020 at 10:06 PM, Ldy Gmerm said:

I was surprised and happy...YEAH!!

I wondered if you knew you would get to see her again so soon.. lol The date is June 1 as the start date it comes after the drama "Bad Love" that was extended 9 eps.

Tried responding earlier this week while vacationing in the mountains but I guess the half bar signal I had up there didn’t get the job done. I got the tip off about this drama from @brooksmom. I was certainly surprised to see her in another daily so soon. Not going to complain though. I still haven’t seen the Netflix drama she was in that was just released a couple of weeks ago.

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] My Perfect Life, 찬란한 내 인생 - Mon to Fri @ 7:50 KST - Premieres on June 29th

@rolisrntexYep. I took a peak at her cameo on Netflix, Extra Curricular. She plays a parent of one of the teenagers. At first, I didn't know she was in it but I wasn't interested so I left it. Extra Curricular is a 10 ep drama about teenagers. I just didn't get it. The reviews are stellar, 10 and 10 and 10. I went back and watched it again. Still didn't get it. Watched it side ways, on my head, slow motion and with coke and rum and I still didn't get it. In the finale, I asked myself, so what happened. I might peak at her husbands' drama on Netflix, Mystic pop-up bar. As long as it's not one of those quantum leap type of dramas. I need to take a lot of notes on those kinds of dramas. I'm too old for that. I just want to sit back and enjoy my drama.  btw, I liked the movie, The Devine Fury on Viki. It has an all male cast. Strong actors.

In this new drama she's gonna play the poor is me character. She is really, really good at playing the villain - probably cause they get better script material.  In Extra Curricular, just by using her facial expressions, you could tell she wasn't a nice parent. Let's see what My Perfect Life brings us.

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] My Perfect Life, 찬란한 내 인생 - Mon to Fri @ 7:50 KST - Choi Sung Jae & Shim Yi Young - Premieres on June 29th

first of all thank you  @0ly40for the Chapter relationship chart.  It clears up a few things I had questions about regarding the poster.

Looks like our lead lady is married to another leech guy and his leech dad( see poster, leech guy sitting with his young girlfriend eating his mother in laws noodles.) Yeah, I was referring to leech family from Wanna taste. One big happy family. She has twins and two siblings. The sister looks like trouble. She will leave the first love triangle - husband, mistress And she will move on to another love triangle - first love and her rival. She becomes Chaebol daughter. Will her rival be her half-sister? who also happens have a crush on her first love. She too has a daughter but no relationship to her love interest. Remember it's a different writer from Shim Yi Youngs previous drama. 

Can someone explain "He is a lawyer and  he transforms into Shim Yi-young's first love."

Maybe it means that when she meets him later as a fancy lawyer in his suit:wub: that she recognizes him as her first love. I  think I just answered my question.

Archived