[Drama 2020/2021] My Perfect Life, 찬란한 내 인생

0ly40

2 hours ago, brooksmom said:

I wonder if the rich lady and Si Kyung witnessed Boo Hee driving the truck  into the river before they stopped her.

Who didn't see that coming? Nice intro week. This character is a little different than what SYY has portrayed in the past.What is going to be funny is when the soon to be ex opens Miss Hot Thing a nail salon and puts in her name, then she kicks him to the curb. Waiting for that.

I have to say the soon to be ex is the most despicable playboy husband I have seen in kdrama. He doesn't even care what happens to his kids.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/29/2020 at 6:55 AM, Ldy Gmerm said:

Has anyone been to find the first episode? I see the preview for episode 2 on the official site and I see that Viki will be airing this drama. I can't wait to start this drama. The teasers are good. 

Sorry, I just noticed you were asking about where episodes can be found.  Did you find them. If you did, you probably have seen the five episodes by now.  If you didn't find them, here's the link; and I'll attach a snippet of episode 5.     https://www.viki.com/tv/37233c-my-wonderful-life

Ep5    I would call it the last supper

@brooksmom yeah i watched. really sad..:tears:

at this point there really isn´t any character I like. well maybe the old lady that our heroine saved. I´m still trying to figure everyone out.

our heroine´s hunsband new woman is going to run with the money and left the man when she has had everything. heroine´s stepmother and sister are not so good people. use when they need heroine and throw away when there is no use anymore.

the husband I honestly have no words. Total scum.

Will this be show that breaks the streak or will it share the same fate as the others. Surprisingly I have never managed to complete any of the main female leads dramas (where she is the main lead) for some reason or the other. Mostly due to getting sidetracked after the first three episodes or so. Atleast for this one I stuck around for the first week. So that is some progress. Hopefully I can complete this one and break the streak.

Spoiler

So far I have to agree don’t really like most of the supporting characters and can’t figure out why they are like that. Her no good for nothing husband and father are perfect examples. She has done so much for them and they are so ungrateful towards her that they want her to divorce the husband so that he can move on with his own life. The FiL doesn’t even care that she has been chucked out on the street with nothing. He also thinks that the new girl will be willing to support the kids if she decides to leave them with them. Ah what mother would do that (well some do depending on certain circumstances or they are unable to take care of their children) but she isn’t one of them. So why make such a statement.

Also do they really think that they can survive on their own without the female leads help. The husband not only is busy having multiple affairs he doesn’t even do his job properly since he is more focused on his current mistress. Who by the way is clearly playing him? She wants a store in her name and he stupidly agrees to that. The wife probably can’t touch the new store if it is in both their names since the mistress can fight for it and claim that she paid half the amount thus the wife has no right to it. unless the Elf is ready for a long and hard battle in court or has the funds she isn’t going to get it. If the husband had any sense he probably wouldn’t have cheated on her in the first place and on the second, he wouldn’t have done what he did to her.

Problem here is that we will probably be stuck with him till the final episodes since he and his dad are on the poster. Which is going to be an issue. Especially when he will discover where his wife is and her new life. He will want a piece of it either that or he will change his mind about divorcing her so that he can further leech of her and still find a way to be with his mistress. He needs to be taught a major lessor before he learns his way. As for his dad he will eventually realize just what a great person that he has lost. Elf now only checks up on him periodically but also helps out in his home with stuff that he should either be able to do on his own or hire people for it (such as fixing his lights that were fused). Minx on the other hand seems to be more of an air head so these things might not be possible for her. Not only that her only goal is to marry Cheater for his wealth or be with him till she gets it all. So she is going to be nice towards his father so that he will be in her corner and support her. But the moment she gets what she wants she is going to totally ignore him. She won’t even get him any gifts because she will claim that she has no money whatsoever.

As for Elf’s stepmother and stepsister not so sure why the hostility between them. the mother doesn’t let her spend even one night because she fears that Elf is going to ask to spend one more night and keep on doing that and eventually move in there. So she refuses her request. I might have missed this part but was Elf’s dad remarried or did he have an affair when he was with stepmom. If it was the former, then I can understand why she may feel a bit hostile towards her but if that wasn’t the case then she is at fault she should have been totally aware that her husband had a child and if she wasn’t willing to raise the child she should have given up on her dad even if she had feelings for him. Though her daughter seems to be younger than Elf. (then again Elves are well known for their long lives so this might not count) in this case it seems like both of the parents were initially married but things happened to their partners that they decided to get together and raise each other’s kids as well. this is the only thing that makes sense why she loves her daughter so much but not so much when it comes to Elf and her family.

Another interesting thing that happens in this show is how each of the characters are related to each other and keep bumping into each other as well. Such as Rich Mom is conveniently placed in the same hospital where Nurse Sister works. So she bumps into Lawyer who finds it suspicious that she is also there and what can her agenda be while she thinks that he may have been stalking her and what not.

Someone asked whether or not the lawyer saw her truck and what she was going to do before he intervened. Unless he was blind he clearly saw what she was doing and that is why he stopped right in front of her to prevent her from driving into the deep end and sleep with the fishes. Otherwise he could have tried to get her attention in some other way.

Poor stepmom is going to get jealous that Elf has snagged the rich family instead of her daughter and is perhaps even going to ask her to help set her daughter up as well with someone rich. She would still not be grateful mind you but that will be a story for another day.

Rich Girl accused the sister of wearing fakes I wonder if that is actually true. It would be interesting if those shoes were actually genuine and if the sister could prove it as well. That certainly would have been embarrassing enough for the Rich Girl (sorry still haven’t bothered learning the character’s names. Will take time though female lead will still be referred to as Elf even if I do.). Though Rich Girl probably knows her brands so it makes sense that she can ID fakes by this point.

So she might have been responsible for the death of her brother now that is an interesting theory let’s see how that pans out.

On another note I could have perhaps seen a way for Rich Mom to include Elf in her family as a means of protection. Rich Girl certainly is suspicious unless I am misunderstanding the subs. For some reasons she is certain that the other company (Hasung Group I think) is responsible. Understandable since she had an experience with them and all plus she cheated them as well. So she expects some sort of retaliation. But when the lawyer inquired how the investigation was going into the mother’s investigation he was informed that she had told them to drop the case but they were only suspending it for the time being since it was a serious case. Why do that. Are you so sure that Elf was responsible for the kidnapping that you need nothing else but even then wouldn’t you want to further look into her to prove that fact. Her telling the police to shut down the case is extremely suspicious at this point. As if she has something to hide.

Something to note is that those kidnappers seem to be a bunch of noobs. This could be seen in the way they grabbed the mother and equally how nervous they were when Elf started to chase them like that and recued the mother. My best bet would be is that they were hired by the lawyer that recently got fired by the dad and was replaced by the main lead (lawyer). He seems to have been in her pocket and she has promised him that she will try and find a way to reinstate him later on. So it shows that she has a reason to trust him and he be loyal to her. Perhaps her love interest? Other than that she could have asked him to hire those guys and since he is a lawyer he could know which criminals to hire for this case and all. Perhaps at the end of the day when those criminals get caught he will be the one hired to defend them and all.

Anyway as I was going on about her mother before I got sidetracked (my apologies). We know for a fact that the mother was unconscious for a few episodes and thus couldn’t clear the female leads name much earlier and save everyone a lot of time and trouble. Now what could have happened is that she could have perhaps woken up a bit earlier and either noticed something or observed the daughter being rude to someone else such as slapping the nurse. This could have gotten the mother frightened since she had never seen this side of her daughter. Especially if she discovered that she may have had a hand in her kidnapping. Now she would need somebody by her side that she could trust to keep her safe and protect her. In this case Elf would clearly come to her mind. Thus she finds her and once she discovers the situation that Elf is in because of her despicable husband and the rest of her family not caring about her. She decides to adopt her. This way she gets to keep her close and pretends to be grateful towards her and all while trying to find other ways to protect herself and find faults with her original daughter. For instance, if she was indeed responsible for the death of her son find the evidence or start suspecting this may have been the case after her own kidnapping and all.

But none of this seems to be the case at the moment.

Just one question. I wonder why Elf didn’t use the scissors to try and puncture the kidnappers tyres instead of losing all of her cabbages. I get that was smart thinking on her part as they would have a bit of an obstacle when chasing her. But puncturing the tyres would be equally efficient and this way she wouldn’t have lost her merchandise along the way as well. Perhaps she didn’t have the strength to stab them and that is why what she did? Not that I really care. We got some progress this way. Her way might have allowed the cops to apprehend the kidnappers faster and thus we wouldn’t get enough of the story.

About to go now. So take care all of you

@nohamahamoud2002 Am surprised that you didn’t join this thread. It has an actor that you like as well a Jimin from A Place In The Son. Unfortunately, he still isn’t his biological son even over here.

Anyway that will be all from my end for the time being. So take care all of you. Let’s see what else you all figure out and that this show will turn out to be interesting.

1 hour ago, yamiyugi said:

@nohamahamoud2002 Am surprised that you didn’t join this thread. It has an actor that you like as well a Jimin from A Place In The Son. Unfortunately, he still isn’t his biological son even over here

wow thanks for mentioning me. I am a bit ill so I didn't follow. Choi Sung-jae is really my favorite.

On 5/25/2020 at 6:06 PM, kiefshi1056 said:

the mistress in Happy Sister is there again she such a scene stealer, overacting

Huh..? The mistress of Happy sisters is here? who is the actress playing? I did not notice her at all...

Anyway, I hope they would put LOTS of scene of BH and SK.... Having  these two bickering would be fun to watch. They bicker, but have each other back at the same time....
Hmmm, what kinda scene would be nice to see? Let see, they can create a scene where :

Maybe the the Chairman wife will give BH a job as per personal assistant? 
1. SK will point out what BH don't know how to do the job, so after making a bit fun out of this info, he teaches her how to do it late at night after everyone has gone to sleep...
2. BH can't really cook, so SK will "reluctantly" help out by cooking it. SK will wait till BH give up, and SK will show off his cooking skill. After that, every time BH has to cook, she will "bribe" or threatened SK to help her cook... SK will pretend to be upset/lazy  being blackmail into helping, but truthfully, he was happy to help BH, he just doesn't want BH to know that he likes helping her out...  
3. Rich Mdm ask BH to go collect something near some village, SK will get worried why BH has yet to come back, hence he'll go search for her .... BH has a car breakdown in the middle of nowhere. IT will be raining when SK comes for BH.... Since SK can't check the car in the dark and raining heavily, SK will suggest to just leave the car there for the time being and just go home... SK was wearing a white shirt and since he gave the umbrella to BH, SK will be soaking wet, so BH will notice how nicely tone SK body is.... BH will turn red as she realized she is starring at SK...
4. Rich Mdm ask her daughter to help make BH presentable, but the daughter couldn't be bothered, so she ask SK to help BH with suitable clothing... So we will have a semi fashion shows where SK will now be feeling uncomfortable seeing BH in short skirts and fitting top. SK will suggest BH wear dresses, SK will again get distracted at how nice BH legs is that he went and ask the sales ppl to give long pants for BH to try...... 
5. They will have midnight snacks together at the convenient store nearby before going home... As they chit chat, they were comparing who has the best first love story.... 

While ALL of the above is happening, (After BH agree to divorce him) BH  ex-husband did not know or care where BH and his children were... 

OH, i would love it that a day AFTER BH divorce is FINAL, SK inform the Chairman's wife that BH is her real bio daughter.... 

1 hour ago, Saja La said:

Huh..? The mistress of Happy sisters is here? who is the actress playing? I did not notice her at all...

Actually she is not. She might have been considered for a role but is not in this one. I follow her on IG and Ban So Young is actually working on a stage production of Les Miserables right now.

Spoiler

I am really happy to see @yamiyugi  and @Saja La here.  I have missed the scenarios from @Saja La.

@yamiyugi I hope you can change our Heroines endearing name ELF. I don't think she would like it if she read this thread. Maybe you can give it to her awful stepsister.  On that note, I think I'm an ELF. ELF are fans of a Korean boy group Super Junior  that are now in their 30's. I'm too old to go to their concerts. Maybe I can take my granddaughter. Siwon Choi is in Super Junior. ELF stands for ever lasting friend. So, it is a nice word unless you were born with large ears. I'm going to attach a video of Super Junior and hope it's not taken down.  Maybe frumpy would be a pet name since she always seems to be wearing frumpy clothes. And maybe not. As always, love your post @yamiyugi:D

Who's here for our heroine SYY

Who's here from Wanna Taste

Who's here for Choi Sung Jae  Oppa

I'm here from all of the above. But if this drama turns boring, I'll stay for Choi Sung Jae.:wub:

On topic Elf:

The video below is not what I wanted but it is Super Junior - Siwon has a 90's hairdo. Sorry, there's nothing hiding on the top spoiler. Don't know how that happened.:unsure:

Spoiler

@nohamahamoud2002 Sorry to hear that you are feeling unwell. I hope that you recover soon so that you can join us over here. Also you are welcome for the invite.

@brooksmom Didn’t know that ELF had another meaning as well so thanks for informing me. It is always good to learn new things even at this age. Glad to know that you are a Super Junior fan even at this age. Goes to show that all of you are still young at heart. Interestingly you want to get your grandchild also on the K-World Wagon. Good Work

As to the fact why I was calling the main female lead an Elf is because she reminded me of those pointy eared Elves from the stories. She happens to be adorably cute at times and it also doesn’t help that in some scenes her ears poke out from her hair something like an Elves would. They just aren’t pointy like them because they are normal like an ordinary human.

So I guess I should apologize to all her fans and her for offending them. I guess this means I should try and find a new name for her over here. Though not sure how the name ELF could apply for her sister she doesn’t seem to be a fan of Super Junior as you mentioned so that part doesn’t seem to match her at all.

As for your question as to why I am here. It is clearly for the female lead and I want to watch atleast one show where she is the lead and not a supporting character and not dropping the show. As for the second point dropped it after the first two or three episodes as got side tracked. As for the final point. Not into the K-Pop madness so don’t really care about them. Know a few bands by name but if you ask me about them won’t have much of a clue. Sorry about that.

#Lets Break The Streak, #Enjoy The Show and Kill The Cheaters

7 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

As for your question as to why I am here. It is clearly for the female lead and I want to watch atleast one show where she is the lead and not a supporting character and not dropping the show.

If you ever get the time, Happy Sisters was probably her best performance in a lead role and is worth a watch. The antagonist is over the top, but the character dialog in that one is rich.

1 hour ago, rolisrntex said:

If you ever get the time, Happy Sisters was probably her best performance in a lead role and is worth a watch. The antagonist is over the top, but the character dialog in that one is rich.

Yes, the antagonist was very persistent and crazy.

I looked up SYY's dramas and I decided to watch Vampire Prosecutor 2 ep7. That was scary. I was on edge of my seat. 

@yamiyugi  Guess, I like to watch k-pop. I wish I could dance like them. Show off  my moves to my  grandkids, but that would be a miracle. The ear thing. I am not offended. I just squirm when I see that applied to SYY.  The stepsister character is ok since I can already see those ears on her in my imagination. My imagination also sees them on that good for nothing husband.  Let them all have elf ears! but not SYY.

Ep6 raw  SYY looks cute in her black wig. Maybe, I'll wait till Friday to see all the eps. The girls in the other forums poke fun at why Boo Hee and Si Kyung haven't recognized each other.  "were they first loves in kindergarten?" Today's ep should clarify that.

@Lunkera  Yes. Let's hope they don't drag out her identity too long.

I like it . Specially SYY and her kids . The way she tells them her high end  stories and the way her little son listens them in awe is just wow . Her kids are living a miserly life  but they her happy .

It would be fun to watch when their Mom turns into overnight Cinderella .:doggie:

1 hour ago, shana0127 said:

I like it . Specially SYY and her kids . The way she tells them her high end  stories and the way her little son listens them in awe is just wow . Her kids are living a miserly life  but they her happy .

It would be fun to watch when their Mom turns into overnight Cinderella .

I recognize you on the threads. You must be a Fatal Promise fan. Your photo before was a guy with a nice white service hat. I hope you stay and watch this SYY's drama. I like your dancing bear(?). It resembles my granddaughters dancing.

:gangnamstyle:

1 hour ago, brooksmom said:

I recognize you on the threads. You must be a Fatal Promise fan. Your photo before was a guy with a nice white service hat. I hope you stay and watch this SYY's drama. I like your dancing bear(?). It resembles my granddaughters dancing.

Thank you for welcome dear . I love that Gannam Style :blush:

Yeh things are going bad in Fatal Promise  , it feels like my heart would blast for my TI . So I came Here to watch SYY and have some fun . I am here for her  and her two loving kids , I love them . 

Yes my old DP was from Come and Hug me . It had a sad story with happy ending . 

7 hours ago, shana0127 said:

It would be fun to watch when their Mom turns into overnight Cinderella .:doggie:

I also like her kids too.... Anyway, i think i am gonna like where the story line is going.... SK will help BH transform into chebol daughter while the Madam will transform her into Cinderella (even before finding out about the baby swapped). And at the same time, BH will be doing the driving around... Solma, do you think BH will be SK PA/secretary/ driver?  That would be soooo NICEEEE..... !! 

I see BH will be in danger and SK will not think twice to drive the car in order to save his woman.... And AFTER saving her, will SK then realized that BH is his first love wayyyy back...... heheh....

Chingu, yup, SK is the handsome Oppa i mentioned.... Both Kang Tae In and SK is my type, heheh... The former is someone i am dying to see him smile who has the charismatic alpha male as he looks like someone you can depend on. While the later is someone I'll enjoy looking at and have a noona-deongseng fling with..  :joy: 

did jump to watch one episode (episode 5) and thank god that the kids doesnt seem to be obnoxious. Problems with some dramas i find interesting the kids is really getting on my nerves. Hopefully the writer won't do something stupid like the kids wanting their parents to reunite later. Loved the daughter's personality though when the dad tried contacting them :D . But watching the husband and that other woman made my blood pressure rise instantly with them stealing the money in the preview.... I'm going to enjoy watching him crawling back later.

So that old lady will be the fairy God mother that will turn BH into Cinderella and SK will be her prince and that truck will be the chariot 

OK OK so we have so many bad witches here . BH’s stepmom and stepsister are  enjoying her dads Hause while BH is homeless right now ! 

BH Knows SK is her first love and SK feels BH is living a miserly life. 

It’s still funny and kids were happy munching macarons  that their Fairy Godmother and prince Papa bought them. 

1 hour ago, shana0127 said:

So that old lady will be the fairy God mother that will turn BH into Cinderella and SK will be her prince and that truck will be the chariot 

OK OK so we have so many bad witches here . BH’s stepmom and stepsister are  enjoying her dads Hause while BH is homeless right now ! 

BH Knows SK is her first love and SK feels BH is living a miserly life. 

It’s still funny and kids were happy munching macarons  that their Fairy Godmother and prince Papa bought them. 

I am confused:huh: Are you 2 or 3 weeks ahead of ep7. I agree with you, there were probably  more cast calls for villains in this drama coz there sure  are a lot of them. So far, BH doesn't recognize SK as her first love. Probably coz he too is stuck up like the God mother's evil daughter.

Ep7 Anyway, after seeing BH run off with the money and try to hide it in her house, I almost lost it. Why do they make these wives stupid. Of course the husband is going to find it and run off with it to the bank as soon as possible. The husband's not stupid. He knows there's this thing called the bank. Oh my goodness!  I was afraid  to watch the rest of it till I peeked at other forums.  

Spoiler

The bank was alerted and husband and mistress were caught. More bad luck for her right at the end.

@chococarmela I did a lot of editing and I just finished. Typos, rephrasing stuff.

Archived