[Drama 2020/2021] My Perfect Life, 찬란한 내 인생

0ly40

Today I love Mr. Sexy guy in a suit.    :ohboy2:   He bought groceries for Bok Hee and her kids. and he

Punched Bok Hee's  :rickroll:  X

How can SA have more power and influence than the chairman. He didn't get where he is being naive.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, brooksmom said:

How can SA have more power and influence than the chairman. He didn't get where he is being naive.

This too doesn't make sense.... Why would the employee be more loyal to SA just coz she gives money? The most influence and powerful is the Chairman and NOT SA... Now her work also need to go through  SK....  

2 hours ago, Saja La said:

This too doesn't make sense.... Why would the employee be more loyal to SA just coz she gives money? The most influence and powerful is the Chairman and NOT SA... Now her work also need to go through  SK....  

hahaha,  always remember this! they are the scriptwriter, we are the reactor and viewer only :D and as always the villain always get to overheard everysingle secret of the main character and the always get away with the impossible situation she  or he is in :sweat_smile: thats why they will always get more scene time than the main character :tounge_xd:

Okay so some interesting points were brought up by @Saja La to what I asked. So first of all I want to thank them for answering them and all. Like I mentioned earlier I think that their plot is certainly interesting and with other members of the leeches harassing Pixie while Miss Stuck Up is in a coma is possible. Still let’s get to the points that they brought up.

So here we go.

Spoiler

The first point that they brought up was about conflict being necessary. I guess what I meant here is that if we don’t have conflict then we certainly need a motivating factor for the story to progress because if we don’t have anything then we can simply assume that there is no story to tell and that either everyone lived happily ever after or a total miserable life (again depending on ones’ perspective)

I actually gave a shot at the drama that you mentioned “Brilliant Heritage” and tried to see if you were correct in your assessment. But even over there I noticed that there was certainly conflict as well that was progressing the story. In this case the conflict and motivating factor for most of the characters over there was the issue of money in particular the father’s wealth. They each wanted a part of it whether or not they deserved it. As for the feel that the focus is more on the main characters than the side. In my opinion that is probably only because they unlike the others aren’t motivated by the greed that fuels them. They have been hard workers and earning their keep all this time on their own. Thus when compared to the rest they seem to shine on their own. Thus it may feel that the focus is more on them since the rest all seem like one sided characters most of the time. Though that is slowly starting to change. So I guess this point is more a matter of perspective.

In regards to the doctor revealing Miss Stuck Up’s blood type in front of all the other people you are certainly correct that is what happened. But then again I think I may not have been so clear there. My Bad. Over here I don’t exactly think that the doctor was violating the Doctor/Patient confidentiality clause per se. I always feel that in certain circumstances the doctor can be given a bit of lee way and this probably applied over here. Now on one hand if a patient is on his own and the doctor tells them about their condition then the confidentiality clause should hold. On the other hand, if they are in a group then the doctor is probably under the assumption that everyone in the group is in the knowhow and needs to be in the loop. Also in this case time was of the essence and he couldn’t just send of the others and keep only the family members apprised of the situation and a good thing to since Pixie was able to confirm that she was a match. Also consider the fact that normally doctors may not even be aware of who is related to who. Though this wasn’t the case over here since he knew the family.

Thanks for explaining why she can’t exactly fire the long term maid. I certainly didn’t think this through. Though in my defense that was probably out of habit. Normally the second female lead has not been married by this point and has therefore been living with her parents all this time. Clearly this wasn’t the case over here and if one does the math they will also probably realize that. She is both divorced and has a kid as well. Assuming everything it is possible that the kid just so happens to be six years old as well thus your reasoning that she came to live with her family recently holds merit. She remained married to her husband for all that time and thus there was peace in that house and nobody got fired due to her mood swings and all. But that all changed since her divorce and return home.

As for your final point I haven’t watched Wanna Taste like I mentioned earlier so will have to take your word for it. As for the reason that brought up the fact that he may not have submitted the divorce papers was because while he was certainly in a hurry to get the signature it was also because he was equally in a hurry to be with his new girl. We also have to remember the fact that he got the signature at night. This means that a lot of things can happen by the next day to make him get side tracked as well. Remember the scene when her son ends up getting scalded due to him dropping is steaming noodles on his feet. She had nobody to check on him. We know what the response was probably on the end of stepmother and stepsister. As for the husband he was apparently out of the country. She wondered if he had gone on a vacation already with the money that he got from selling the truck. Therefore, it is equally possible that he got sidetracked due to this trip and thus forgot to submit the papers.

Again this could serve as another point of plot purpose if it isn’t submitted. Thus once he discovers that she is the real daughter of that family and that Floozy cheated and left him then he can try and use this point to try and get back with her by pointing out that they are still legally married and whatnot. Then again this might not be the case and like you pointed out they are legally divorced and he may try other tricks to win her back.

@brooksmom Pixie probably hasn’t been paid yet and that is why her kids are surviving on all of that. Remember when her husband showed up for money she had none and therefore and to borrow some from loan sharks just to get the settlement money between him and Si Kyung. She also tried to initially ask the Rich Mother for some advance but was unable to do so. Then later on felt even more guilty when she overheard the conversation she was having with her friend where she pointed out that she didn’t have any real money of her own even though she was the Chairman’s wife.

Regardless of all this it is good to see the chairman making an effort to repair his relationship with his wife when he was at fault for misunderstanding her for all those years.

Some people here have pointed out that Si Kyung has been flirting with Rich Girl. When exactly did that happen. I probably missed that. So far I can see that he tries to be helpful towards her but then he seems to be that pay towards Pixie as well. clearly I missed something over here and would be grateful to find out where.

As for the point as to why Miss Stuck Up seems to have more influence in the company than even the Chairman himself to the point that she can buy of people even loyal to him. Certainly is interesting but I can only assume is that she either has some sort of leverage against them. For instance, when it comes to the family doctor she is aware of his financial condition and agrees to help him out in place of his silence. As for others she may try and convince them that working with her would be in everyone’s interest. Such as she would point out that since this is a family business then the most logical person to succeed the chairman would naturally be her she would also point out that since the Chairman isn’t in the best of health is time is short in said position. Therefore, when the company is handed over it will be to her and if they oppose her now she knows that they will do the same after her election and while she may have no power to deal with them now it wouldn’t be the case when she does. Meaning that their job is on the line so they better chose their sides carefully.

This could best be seen when Si Kyung brought up some matter and she pointed out that he had chosen the wrong side. She then brought up the point about how the chairman had just recently recovered and that he could always go in a relapse. At that point she would naturally take over and thus she was a better candidate to side with. Since Si Kyung really isn’t motivated with running the company but instead of finding out the truth behind the accident this doesn’t really matter to him.

All of this also goes to show that the Chairman isn’t totally unprepared though. He may not know exactly who is loyal to him but he does know that he fully can’t trust his daughter that is why he brought in Si Kyung as a means of checks and balances. When his daughter had none of that she cut of ties with one of his former partners. She brought up the fact that it wasn’t all that cost effective anymore to keep him around and that is why she did that. If she continued this path he would eventually lose all sort of control over the company. Also if the lawyer could take her side and keep him in the dark he had no real idea of who he could still trust at that company. But Si Kyung would be a different matter. Since he would be new over there she couldn’t easily influence him and even if she tried it would take some time. Till then he would be loyal to him and would also be used to keep her in check. Thus the real reason why she has to report everything to him at this point. She did try to turn him as pointed out earlier but failed.

I guess why Si Kyung dropped in to eat with her kids and all even though he is aware that she has no money can be seen as an issue. But I guess it could be explained by the fact that he may not know her complete situation and thinks that she had some and only found out just how bad the situation was when he discovered that she didn’t have enough to even purchase rice and eggs which he ended up doing for her. Though he may also felt that since he made steak for the kids and bought some for her then he was owed a meal from her end as well.

As for Floozy I wonder if her story is finally done. We now know why she doesn’t have any money she has a major gambling habit which is never good. Was laughing when she was kicked out when she lost all that money and telling people that they had no idea how she got her hands on that money. Well she lied, stole and cheated to get it. she must have been a fan of the late Eddie Guerrero. She deserved that but not Pixie since it was gotten by most of her hard work. Things may have been in her husband’s name but she probably paid for all of it. Husband is probably not going to change any time soon since he thinks that he has found a way to live an easy life. Even if he can’t use the still married card he will try and use the formerly married card and thus try and get money out of her. Such as his father’s hospital bill by pointing out that he was still her former FiL and the kids grandfather and she couldn’t cut of those ties.

Under normal circumstances she probably would have gotten away with it as well if it wasn’t for Si Kyung getting involved and beating up her former husband mistaking him as a kidnapper. Thanks to that he got more than enough from the settlement as could be seen by the fact that he could still pay the hospital bills and still had enough to think about sending his father to an old person’s retirement home. Unfortunately, since they are asking to be paid in advance for a year we all know where he will return to get that. Frankly I don’t think that the grandfather deserves to be sent over there. That should be the son’s responsibility and in this case more so because he should experience what she has been going through for all these years. Perhaps then he will learn his lesson.

Still not liking her Stepfamily. Right to the end they are wanting to take advantage of the situation. They never want to help her even though they are in a position to do so. For instance, the Stepmother shows up at the Chairman’s house with the excuse of bringing soup but her real intent was to scope out the place and see how she could take advantage of it. Thus while she was disappointed that she was living in the basement she discovered that there was an empty room and her instant hope was to convince Pixie to let her sister move in there as well. Yet she wouldn’t allow her to stay in her house until money was brought up and even then they were totally ignored and whatnot. Also she wasn’t bothered to give her money when she knows her financial position and tells her that she has no money to spend on her. I certainly want to know more about the backstory over here and why she is so hostile towards her. It can’t simply be because she is an evil stepmother. Would be so disappointed if that was simply the case.

Another thing of interest in the last episode is that we discover that Miss Stuck Up was born in Si Kyung’s mothers hospital and as soon as that happened the hospital was shut down and his mother moved abroad. Totally suspicious and then you consider the fact that the mother has probably never returned to Korea after that day and it also appears that she seems to have cut all ties with her friends or atleast the chairman’s family. Also we learn from the preview that one of the former nurse showed up at the new hospital. Am going to be certain that will turn out to be the stepmom. She was probably paid off for her silence to in regards to the baby swap and that is how she could open up her restaurant. Then again it may be some other nurse we will have to wait and check out todays episode for confirmation. We also still need to know why the swap even happened in the first place.

Anyway have to run for now. So take care all of you and keep posting. Will be back later on hopefully. Also keep enjoying the show.

2 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

Some people here have pointed out that Si Kyung has been flirting with Rich Girl. When exactly did that happen. I probably missed that.

Chingu, i too did not see SK flirting with SA.... SK was just helping out SA coz he noticed the custody letter.I feel like SK character is he will help someone when he sees someone in trouble...

@yamiyugi  "Some people here have pointed out that Si Kyung has been flirting with Rich Girl. When exactly did that happen. I probably missed that."

8 hours ago, Saja La said:

Chingu, i too did not see SK flirting with SA.... SK was just helping out SA coz he noticed the custody letter.I feel like SK character is he will help someone when he sees someone in trouble...

You are right @Saja Lathis is where I got it from.

Ep13 at around 4:00     SK to SA:  "I love your attitude. I feel pressured ...  if I see people going out of their way to seduce me. You're doing just right. Keep at it. Okay?"

He hands her custody document. She tells him he should mind his own business, she didn't ask him to do that.

SK to SA:  "So that's how you say Thank You. You really suck."

SA to SK:  "You flirt with everyone including my housekeeper."

Ep16

Now that is funny.  Bok Hee is working as a maid at Madame Jo's house. Now her ex got himself a job there as SA's chauffeur. He looks a whole lot better in a suit. He was always wearing those clown outfits. Now that he's got a job, Floosy might come back in his life since she squandered all his money. I think he will work well with SA. He's a real suck up.

What's a candy mode?

So it is apparent the writer is either poking fun at or trying to recreate the movie "Parasite" in this phase of the drama except Miss Stuck Up got the moral of the movie all wrong. The moral of the movie is rich people are no different than poor people. They just have different conditions. I'm kind of hoping, the writer moves on from their fixation of the movie.

16 hours ago, alwaysincognito said:

I wonder what the budget for this drama is. The cast is a lot smaller than what I was expecting.

I see people keep mentioning that the drama is similar to other dramas. Anyone know which one people are talking about? 

Similar in that the female lead SYY plays the wife who gets cheated on and has a hard life.  Want a Taste  - for sure. Another mention is Happy Sisters -  I know I've seen it but it seems like a long time but I guess it's not that long ago. Happy Sister is recommended. Want a Taste is highly NOT recommended. It had a lot of posts cause people wanted to vent. The most hated characters in that drama were the female leads cheating husband and his crybaby sister.

:):D:lol:

Tuesdays ep.  That will teach SA to treat everybody with respect and don't assume you are superior to anyone. That CEO is going to remember her. Especially when she needs him desperately.:weary:

why in the world Bh allow his loser husband to bother her they are divorce already isn't? He should have ask a restraining order from him. The husband is no shame at all even the stepfamily.

don't tell me they will drag the loser husband to control BH until the day she was the real daughter of the chairman. ilove SYY role here but kinda disappointing again because the betray seems will come from the husband again like in her previous drama.

BTW the suit is very pleasant to the eyes he so good looking:tounge_wink: I wonder if he ever like BH in their younger days? Can't wait for the flashback :blush:

15 hours ago, kiefshi1056 said:

why in the world Bh allow his loser husband to bother her they are divorce already isn't? He should have ask a restraining order from him. The husband is no shame at all even the stepfamily.

don't tell me they will drag the loser husband to control BH until the day she was the real daughter of the chairman. ilove SYY role here but kinda disappointing again because the betray seems will come from the husband again like in her previous drama.

BTW the suit is very pleasant to the eyes he so good looking:tounge_wink: I wonder if he ever like BH in their younger days? Can't wait for the flashback :blush:

@kiefshi1056 "BTW the suit is very pleasant to the eyes he so good looking :tounge_wink:......"  I guess you're talking about SK and not BH's ex. But I would have liked it better is they had made SK's occupation the resident pool boy.

Saw Wed ep raw.   It looks like Bok Hee keeps saving the chairman's family. Now, she got the account that they desperately needed. Chairman rewarded her but can't tell how in RAW version. Their dad ate their birthday treats by accident. Who would think that moon pies were a birthday cake. I wondered if he remembered that it's his children's birthday.  So far, looks like Miss Pollyanna(BH) is one step ahead of SA.

SA will hate that BH was able to do what she was unable to accomplish.  It will only make her more and more of a witch to BH and her kids. She will not thank BH because SA wanted to be able to grab the Chairman's attention with this account and show he was wrong in what he thought of her. Now her thunder has been stolen by the two people she never wanted involved.  

This will further make her try to stop BH from finding her birth family once SA realizes that the Chairman's daughter is BH. SA would have won a lot more brownie points if she had found the daughter and brought her back instead of what she is doing now trying to make sure that the real daughter never comes back. Especially as BH seems to always swoop in and save the day showing how capable she is when SA has had nothing but suspicion from the Chairman. 

I see a few more times BH helping and SA not appreciating it at all. It's going to be interesting how she uses the ex husband as I see her using him for sure against BH once she finds out he is BH's ex and she is the real daughter. Her goal will be to get BH away from the family before they find out who she really is. Its not going to work as the truth will come out and hopefully implicate her in the cover up. 

SA strikes me as having always tried to gain the Chairman's approval but falling short. The does not mean she hasn't done bad things in the background , because we can see her doing them now to keep the man from finding his daughter. (Her fear is to be kicked out once the real daughter is found thus having no name or backing to fight her ex husband over the custody but also she has lived well with that name for years and to go to having nothing is not going to work for her. 

I do wonder how many more episodes we will have before the truth is found out?

SA actress then to be a bit over acting when angry. BH husband is getting into my nerves why did BH allow loser husband (even he is the father of her children) butting in her life they are divorced. Also the Step family is too much she should cut ties with them. Bh will get all the blame later on for everyhing they have done:rage:.

SK is getting fond of BH he loves to tease her about her 1st love

As this is a daily drama, it's definite that we'll get plenty of irritating scenes, like the ex-family members of BH continuing to intrude and meddle with her life. And that annoying ex-husband, grrrrr. She's a pushover. She cannot completely cut ties with them even if they are messing her life with the things they do. She knows what they do to her but she can't put her foot down.

What I cannot understand is how the stepmom and the stepsister can come into the house without her knowing. She should instruct her kids not to let them in or they will be forced out of the house. The daughter is supposed to be smart, and she witnesses what her step-family members do to her mother, yet she doesn't do anything. We can remove the twin brother from the equation because he's pabo. He's either sleeping or eating.

Also, they know that they were able to transfer to that ''elite'' elementary school through the kindness of the chairman and they are scholars of the family, so they shouldn't expect much. Even their school uniforms are hand-me downs. They know that they are living in the basement because they have nowhere else to go and their mother's salary is not enough to find them a house. Yet they are pressuring their mother to send them on a field trip that costs 5,000!

Now for the ''daughter".... my goodness how rude and ill-mannered can she get. The way she shouts, speaks and threatens the chairman is not far from being a thug. She's been kicking people and things. Maybe she will be kicked out of the house and the family in the same way. She's supposed to be the only child left, so why is she so greedy? If she's that good, she can do things for the company, open new businesses and launch new products without resorting to bribery and threats. Then she can earn the trust and respect of people, including the chairman. But since, she's doing that, she's nothing more than a corporate thief.

Si Kyung is supposed to be a lawyer (corporate?), but he does not exude the persona of a lawyer. As I look at him, he seems clueless about everything. He does not look like a corporate guy, a businessman. He does not have the firmness and mental toughness that businessmen have. Even a corporate lawyer is used to dealing with people and has that aura of being a person of power, trustworthiness, and integrity. But the way he acted when they met the chairman of that company who lost the prized screws shows how weak a person he is. Did the actor read his supposed character wrong? I don't know if it's deliberate but the way I see it, the actor is misinterpreting the character he's supposed to portray. I dunno. I may be expecting too much or have watched too many dramas, hahaha.

This drama is going to run for 24 weeks or 6 months. We're only on the fifth week. So we can expect more shenanigans for several more weeks. It's possible that they will reveal Bok Hee being the real daughter by the fifth month, which would be around the second to the last week of October. Still a long way to go, so for the meantime I'll be doing plenty of fast-forwards.

I did try to watch this more than once but every character is stupid or annoying And the Plot logic is seriously missing.  If this is a typical daily drama then  hard pass. I am watching another certain one on now that’s really satisfying with characters to root for and much better writing all around so that will have to suffice I guess.

Dragging is very common in daytime drama i think specially if its 100 eps.

What happen to BH's daughter she should understand her mom situation, they lost their home, truck, savings because of incompetent father and non suppoertive step family, only BH trying everything she could to gve them good life. Also they are given the priveledge to study in a private school they should be more supportive to their mom.

BTW does kind of discrimination still exist in private ALTA school what about those who are in scholoarship? What happen to them?

3 hours ago, chococarmela said:

What daily drama are you watching?

Brilliant Inheritance. It’s still a bit silly and has some obnoxious Grating characters of course but on the whole much more appealing and well written. The leads are people you want to root for not slap upside the head. It’s more akin to a weekend drama is the consensus. 

Archived