[Official] Lee Min Ho x Kim Go Eun (MinEun/LeeEul) #1YearWithTKEM

graceyco

1 hour ago, Prerna said:

Tweeterians are just another level.::::

Awww... coincidence?...NOT! Tweeterians give us more! :happy:

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

Let me decode, he’s saying: “I want to make you my wife and the mother of our children.”

Hahaha you are the best LMH posts decoder! Saranghae. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, inbetween0and1 said:

SK people in general didn't read too much into the meaning of flowers and its colors.

6 hours ago, Ima Imo said:

but it's not the same in other places esp SK. 

So... I found this web talking abt flowers gifting culture in SK. 

SK take dating very seriously too and most countries where holidays may be a family event like birthdays and Christmas, in SK they're usually couples events. They're also big on matching with couples so KGE and LMH might be doing that on IG where they each find things to match and post on IG. There's even couples apps in SK that counts the days for them on how long they've dated and show certain date anniversaries. 

8 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

I am curious what public services work that LMH did during his military service years? Does it mean he just need to go to work from morning to evening, just like any public service worker? Is he bound to normal restrictions just like those serving in the military bases? I wouldn't think so, right? But there are rules stating celebrities serving military/public duties cannot appear in any acting/publicity work or putting themselves in the limelight? I can understand the discipline required for those in military, but surely it is much lax for those doing public services, right? I was not a LMH fan, may I know if he was indeed inactive in the spotlight during that period?

Public services are like regular work but for the government. A clear example would be like what ES did in TKEM. He was doing public services since he got injured before. For celebrities or any wealthy individuals during that time they have to serve the country as normal citizens of Korea to show their pride and nationalism and respect for their country. That means they can't be in the limelight. They're not allow to post anything on social media. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 13
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Oddly, for me, it’s hard to replace Choi Young.

LG gave lmh more room to showcase his acting chops, so if I had to choose in terms of who I loved lmh as more, it would be LG. But if we’re just comparing characters, Choi Young imo is written better with more depth.

Choi Young is the type of character that I FEEL FEEL for. He has such a pitiful life. He lives according to his responsibilities but he’s really just waiting to be set free so he can die and reunite with his loved ones. Each unfinished task is a reason for him to live but not a desire for him to live. As a viewer, I wanted nothing more than to hug him and give him love. He’s endured a lot.

LG on the other hand, suffered trauma at a young age, losing his father and almost dying but he grew up to be a happy and fine young man because he was loved by Lady Noh, Prince Jong In and JY. I didn’t feel the need to hug him. Maybe I did when he was younger but that feeling went away when I realized he was doing just fine as an adult. For certain he’s still pitiful but just not to the extent Of Choi Young. 

If I had to choose who I’d marry in real life, without a doubt it’ll be LG. LG and Choi Young are total opposites when it comes to love: LG wears his feelings on his sleeves while Choi Young is quietly romantic without knowing. I think anyone would live a happier life with LG. This is a case of who I want to be loved by vs. who I want to love. LG is a better lover but Choi Young needs my love. 

Honestly speaking dear, MYM should f**king hire you as their personal promoter of LMH contents and his dramas. Even after pages and pages of discussion about Faith by fellow Chingus, I didn't waver but this post of yours specifically the bolded line almost convinced me  90% to watch Faith. I don't care about the personal appearances of the leads in a drama as long as their character sketch is believable and heartwarming..

On a curious note, is the name "Choi" is cursed in kdramaland??? Out of all the Kseries (maybe about 40-50) I have watched so far, if there is one character which made my heart wrench so badly even today its "Eugene Choi" of Mr.Sunshine. Its for the same reason who mentioned above, I felt that guy deserved all my love after what he went through. It took me weeks to recover from the agony. Only two dramas left me completety wrecked "Mr.Sunshine" and "Fated to love you" while the latter managed to compose me after the ending. Not Scarlet heart , not Goblin even though they had their moments but I easily got through it in a day. 

All these made me realize, even though we all long for happy endings, what lasts in our memory deep down are the realistic ending like in Mr.Sunshine. May be thats why am more invested in real life of LMHxKGE than the reel life of LGxJTE for am one of those few people who was not satisfied with TKEM ending. I didn't want to join that discussion when you all echoed same sentiments to not give an unhappy vibe here for people who really enjoyed it and was reeling from drama ending. Even now I apologize if my view hurt anyone's feelings here.

Damn, I just stopped everything and came here to respond after reading your post in the break..will resume the discussion at my night time..now convince me for the remaining 10% before I come back:P now runningggggggggg….

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

LG gave lmh more room to showcase his acting chops, so if I had to choose in terms of who I loved lmh as more, it would be LG. But if we’re just comparing characters, Choi Young imo is written better with more depth.

Choi Young is the type of character that I FEEL FEEL for. He has such a pitiful life. He lives according to his responsibilities but he’s really just waiting to be set free so he can die and reunite with his loved ones. Each unfinished task is a reason for him to live but not a desire for him to live. As a viewer, I wanted nothing more than to hug him and give him love. He’s endured a lot.

LG on the other hand, suffered trauma at a young age, losing his father and almost dying but he grew up to be a happy and fine young man because he was loved by Lady Noh, Prince Jong In and JY. I didn’t feel the need to hug him. Maybe I did when he was younger but that feeling went away when I realized he was doing just fine as an adult. For certain he’s still pitiful but just not to the extent Of Choi Young. 

If I had to choose who I’d marry in real life, without a doubt it’ll be LG. LG and Choi Young are total opposites when it comes to love: LG wears his feelings on his sleeves while Choi Young is quietly romantic without knowing. I think anyone would live a happier life with LG. This is a case of who I want to be loved by vs. who I want to love. LG is a better lover but Choi Young needs my love. 

I was contemplating whether to watch faith or not but your description of LMN's character has certainly piqued my interest. Is the show really good?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, HappyVibes said:

On a curious note, is the name "Choi" is cursed in kdramaland??? Out of all the Kseries (maybe about 40-50) I have watched so far, if there is one character which made my heart wrench so badly even today its "Eugene Choi" of Mr.Sunshine. 

Character Choi Young in Faith is inspired from the real historical figure General Choi Young. There are some real facts embedded in the drama as well like about the king and his love with his queen, like real-life Choi Young's wife has the same name as the doctor character, like how he was killed as the doctor predicted (but don't worry, that is when he is very old). Because he was killed by a Joseon king, the real-life Choi Young had a swear that grass wouldn't grow on his tomb; that is a true fact: grass only recently covered his tomb.

51 minutes ago, Amy323 said:

I was contemplating whether to watch faith or not but your description of LMN's character has certainly piqued my interest. Is the show really good?

It is very good in term of characters. It is one of my life favourite dramas. There are some production problems however the cast still did very well, especially LMH. I have become a fan of him (tbh, only him) after this drama because I know that he suffered a lot during the filming. There are some small flaws in writing towards the end of the production. As the writer wrote in one online interview on her blog about the drama, the production troubles prolonged the drama, increased the production fee, forced her to reduce the plot. However, the story is nice, meaningful, grand. The love story is...perfect. 

My husband doesn't care about kdrama but he watched this one and this one was the only he watched. He even went overboard that he suggested a second season. I told him off that I don't want any more drama for the main couple. That said I love the drama characters very much. LMH did a great work that even nearly a decade after watching the show, I still remember most of his lines in the drama. OST of Faith... not to be biased: amazing.

3 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Thumb up!!!!

As a hard core fan of Faith, watching Faith around 20-30 times, reading various writing about it, your view point still gives me some new insight into the character.

Edited by Mr. Hairy
Typo
  • Like 7
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, HappyVibes said:

All these made me realize, even though we all long for happy endings, what lasts in our memory deep down are the realistic ending like in Mr.Sunshine

THIS! 

Some of the most memorable endings to me are the ones that didn’t end happily. Have you watched Slave Hunters? Or Queen for 7 Days? Dramas like those and Mr. Sunshine and Faith are dramas that leave a lasting impression on me. They either ended sadly or bitter sweetly. Don’t get me wrong, I am not against a happy ending but sometimes, to make a story impactful, it must end sadly. 

I don’t care for a happy ending, I care for one that makes sense. I won’t go into details about what I thought was the most fitting ending for TKEM but I’ll just say it’s not a happy ending. 

2 hours ago, HappyVibes said:

Damn, I just stopped everything and came here to respond after reading your post in the break..will resume the discussion at my night time..now convince me for the remaining 10% before I come back:P now runningggggggggg…

1 hour ago, Amy323 said:

Oh no, the pressure is real :lol:

How shall I start? It’s a show with many flaws :lol:. You’ll have to ignore the loud music at times, the somewhat lacking 2012 CGI and annoying antagonists. BUT, I will say it’s worth the watch for Choi Young and the imja couple. You might even start to like the relationship between the king and Choi Young too or you might dislike the king if you expect him to be a like LG :lol: 

Bottom line is, regardless of its flaws, which I have named, it’s a beautiful story about a broken warrior who slowly but surely learns to find the meaning of life again. One of my favorite things about the drama is the symbolic usage of a frozen lake to represent Choi Young’s life. As the story progresses and he starts to heal unknowingly, the frozen lake changes along with him. Suddenly, a man who used to throw himself at death without fear begs god to give him another chance at life. It’s beautiful, I tell you.

What more can I say? Your heart will yearn for the imja couple. Their love story will touch you deeply. It’s the type where every gesture, every touch and every glance moves your heart. Until this day, whenever I think of them, my heart aches. They’ve left a deep impression on me and to give you a better understanding of where I stand, LeeEul can’t replace them. 

Now, commit and watch it. Watch until the end and decide for yourself. :D 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, Amy323 said:

Faith is my favorite kdrama, period. The slow-growing love between Choi Young and the “Doctor from Heaven” the sweetesrt I’ve seen. Not to mention that LMH is terrific as a bad-richard simmons 14th c. warrior. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve seen it. It has some directing and editing flaws, but well worth watching, in my opinion. I hope you enjoy it! 

Right now I’m  rewatching both TKEM and Faith to help me come down off my LMH-TKEM high!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Hairy said:

OST of Faith... not to be biased: amazing.

Ditto! I still hum them today! They play a part in pulling my heart out. 

I said above that I found some of the loud music annoying at times. I’m referring mainly to the action scenes. Other times, played during scenes with the imja couple, I loved it! 

• Like 4

Sorry for this rant but why is negativity creeping onto my timeline on twitter about shippers of our happy pair? I am super selective what I search but yet my timeline is :crazily:

Seems like some only fans are taking the ‘moral’ high ground while some shipper fans are over delusional - In short, everyone is at fault? 

I am so Glad to have this thread and all you RCL. 

:happydance:

• Like 15

3 hours ago, Mr. Hairy said:

It is very good in term of characters. It is one of my life favourite dramas. There are some production problems however the cast still did very well, especially LMH. I have become a fan of him (tbh, only him) after this drama because I know that he suffered a lot during the filming. There are some small flaws in writing towards the end of the production. As the writer wrote in one online interview on her blog about the drama, the production troubles prolonged the drama, increased the production fee, forced her to reduce the plot. However, the story is nice, meaningful, grand. The love story is...perfect. 

How shall I start? It’s a show with many flaws :lol:. You’ll have to ignore the loud music at times, the somewhat lacking 2012 CGI and annoying antagonists. BUT, I will say it’s worth the watch for Choi Young and the imja couple. You might even start to like the relationship between the king and Choi Young too or you might dislike the king if you expect him to be a like LG :lol: 

Bottom line is, regardless of its flaws, which I have named, it’s a beautiful story about a broken warrior who slowly but surely learns to find the meaning of life again. One of my favorite things about the drama is the symbolic usage of a frozen lake to represent Choi Young’s life. As the story progresses and he starts to heal unknowingly, the frozen lake changes along with him. Suddenly, a man who used to throw himself at death without fear begs god to give him another chance at life. It’s beautiful, I tell you.

What more can I say? Your heart will yearn for the imja couple. Their love story will touch you deeply. It’s the type where every gesture, every touch and every glance moves your heart. Until this day, whenever I think of them, my heart aches. They’ve left a deep impression on me and to give you a better understanding of where I stand, LeeEul can’t replace them. 

Now, commit and watch it. Watch until the end and decide for yourself. :D 

1 hour ago, msdot said:

Faith is my favorite kdrama, period. The slow-growing love between Choi Young and the “Doctor from Heaven” the sweetesrt I’ve seen. Not to mention that LMH is terrific as a bad-richard simmons 14th c. warrior. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve seen it. It has some directing and editing flaws, but well worth watching, in my opinion. I hope you enjoy it! 

Right now I’m  rewatching both TKEM and Faith to help me come down off my LMH-TKEM high!

Wow. You guys really seem to like this drama. Definitely want to to watch it since you all seem to have good things to say about it. I'll start once I'm done rewatching TKEM. But I doubt any other character can replace Lee Gon in my heart though :D We'll have to wait and see:lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

35 minutes ago, nippy2002 said:

Sorry for this rant but why is negativity creeping onto my timeline on twitter about shippers of our happy pair? I am super selective what I search but yet my timeline is :crazily:

Seems like some only fans are taking the ‘moral’ high ground while some shipper fans are over delusional - In short, everyone is at fault? 

I am so Glad to have this thread and all you RCL. 

:happydance:

It is bound to happen esp for a top drama and hallyu stars  but it doesn’t really matter. 

those who engage in twitter wars just let them be, they are all entitled to their own opinion. Engaging in a futile word war wont do any good. Shipping makes us happy just like their Oppa Is Mine or MinShin/Gongoo making them happy. At the end of the day the actors did their job in providing us the entertainment, in whatever form it may be! Also bottom line, we don’t know these actors personally and they will ultimately decide what they want with their life may it be career/love so none of the fans can decide: hence the wars between fans shouldn’t be happening and just ship or love and respect whatever form of entertainment we derive from it. For me our OTP is hard to beat! So good that it’s shippable! Thank you TKEM! Still cannot move on! 

• Like 8
  • Love 4

700 pages! At this rate, this thread is going to pass BinJin shippers thread and also The main TKEM thread! :evillaugh:

I hope LMH posts something on KGEs birthday next week! Something subtle and cryptic but obvious. LOL

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11

4 hours ago, HappyVibes said:

Honestly speaking dear, MYM should f**king hire you as their personal promoter of LMH contents and his dramas. Even after pages and pages of discussion about Faith by fellow Chingus, I didn't waver but this post of yours specifically the bolded line almost convinced me  90% to watch Faith.

Damn, I just stopped everything and came here to respond after reading your post in the break..will resume the discussion at my night time..now convince me for the remaining 10% before I come back:P now runningggggggggg….

I just had to pause reality which is tugging my bum hard at the moment to comment on this one.  Totally agree with you on the points above because even my husband can't convince me to watch his favorite kdrama, I don't even join him on his rewatch.  And then there's Faith.  Had to search high and low to find a site to watch it (although I haven't started, I have the full intent to do so)

Toodles.  

• LOL 7
  • Awesome 1