[Official] Lee Min Ho x Kim Go Eun (MinEun/LeeEul) #1YearWithTKEM

graceyco

1 hour ago, jy_cohh said:

This video cracks me up. Henry is such a passionate teacher. hahahaha

But i love Henry! He is like the other WangLeeHom...super talented. He is passionate for his art alright hehe. I wish he could get kge to sing more often :love:. Sorry hope lmh oppa won't be too jealous..just singing 

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

11 minutes ago, folksway222 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So he was with Starhaus since his debut (2006) till 2016s? What a long contract that is :sweatingbullets: 

From what I remember , the ppl from starhaus are still in charge (atleast partially...same CEO from starhaus in MYM).They just revamped the name with new ppl at the board level/owners (one of them LMH sister)

• Like 7
  • Insightful 4

10 minutes ago, extrodinairey said:

Thank you for the backstory.  I wouldn't mind if it was longer because those stories are relevant.  I guess he was sorta exploited, but it is what it is. And those are the things that makes him what he is today

@extrodinairey I'm not sure if "exploited" was the right word, But I take LMH as someone who trust the people he worked with. For example, he would trust whoever in charge in Wardrobe for his tour. I don't know this for sure, but I doubt LMH requested for Leather pants lol! and He wasn't very fond of his croissant hair in BBF but he did it anyway because that's what the role required him to have. 

2 minutes ago, folksway222 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So he was with Starhaus since his debut (2006) till 2016s? What a long contract that is :sweatingbullets: 

I don't if he started with Starhaus, but when he got BBF role, he was with starhaus.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, jy_cohh said:

That's because Netflix subscription is low in Korea. SBS is a national TV station, not even cable, so it has the largest reach and is most reflective of how many people are actually watching The King (at least from a domestic perspective).

Isn't Wavve the streaming version of SBS in Korea? I don't know how many Korean subscribers are on Wavve though but certainly more than NetflixKr. 

17 minutes ago, Miadee said:

But i love Henry! He is like the other WangLeeHom...super talented. He is passionate for his art alright hehe. I wish he could get kge to sing more often :love:. Sorry hope lmh oppa won't be too jealous..just singing 

I also wish they could do more duets together.

• Like 5
  • Love 7

16 minutes ago, Layali said:

From what I remember , the ppl from starhaus are still in charge (atleast partially...same CEO from starhaus in MYM).They just revamped the name with new ppl at the board level/owners (one of them LMH sister)

yes that's true one of the CEO from starhaus has some share in MYM entertainment, but from what i understand, that management is only handling LMH right now and with his sister as one the CEO and him being the only actor, im sure he has a lot more say VS back then. Ever since he switched management, he never did went on music tour again and had express many times in his past interview how he wants to focus on acting and would like to do more movies. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 10

1 hour ago, scrawford said:

Ladies, i'm away for 24 hours and i'm 33 pages behind. I seriously though we got a dating announcement. So, before i backtrack, i went online and IG to see if there is dating announcement. heheh..... But looks like we got some blast from the past LOL!

So, once i found LMH forum soompi, i back track all the way to page 1, which was created in 2007 (Pre Boys Over Flower) and while i didn't read every single post, i was able to visit his career timeline and here is my opinion regarding that God awful blast from the past and i am sooo thankful that i didn't found him during his music tour era 2014-2015 circa i believe.

As a relatively new LMH fans, once i became a fan, i looked up every single article, dating news, reddit, soompi and watch all of his dramas (except for Faith) while also reading recaps and comments on the drama recaps. I know obsess much? i swear I'm sane and It was just to catch up on LMH's career as i found him while he was on MS and there are now news or new drama from him at the time.

My take on that era is that LMH was originally a relatively unknown actor and he was a part of this small agency called Starhaus Entertainment, and He got the Gu Jun pro role and shot his career to stardom. According to @Heretorant who has been a long time fans, this agency was a small agency and i believe LMH was the only Big star in that Agency. LMH stayed Loyal to this rather small agency and then He got Kim Tan Role (2013) and shot his stardom even bigger, and Made him extremely popular in China and scored him like 20 plus CF deals in China Alone and After Heirs he didn't do drama until LOTBS in 2016 and only had 2 movies (Gangnam Blues and Bounty Hunter), And i believe his Agency was milking his Popularity and try to capitalize everything they can with LMH, and While i know that his tour was for his fans and i'm not taking that away, but i had an impression that The agency was trying to make him an idol as well. The way they dress him and all that dancers, doesn't seems to be something LMH would come up with. Whoever handling the Music side of his career was probably trying to make him looks like an idol type entertainment. No doubt he can sing and seems to enjoy it, but you don't have to give him dancers and dress him in shiny outfit to sing/perform. And in 2016 he switched management to MYM Entertainment which is run by his sister, and i believe that there is a reason why he switched. Why? i don't know 100% but if he is happy with starhaus, he wouldn't switch. 

Sorry for the long explanation, but i just thought i would bring some backstories regarding that Gifs hehehe..

I believe LMH will focus on acting only this time around, thank God!!!

@mychoiyoung and @Heretorant please do correct me if I'm wrong :)

This very good explanation

• Like 6
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, Lara2020 said:

As they continue kissing, her hand caressing his ears down to his neck, then both her hands together clinging to him ....

Don't get me started! That's what I see haha!!!

Everyone is talking about her hands. But have you paid attention to our boy's head. How nicely he is dipping and lifting his head. completely thrown himself into that kiss and enjoying tasting her

• Like 1
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 12
  • Awesome 2

6 minutes ago, vpp pv said:

Everyone is talking about her hands. But have you paid attention to our boy's head. How nicely he is dipping and lifting his head. completely thrown himself into that kiss and enjoying tasting her

Maybe they should've used a higher table. We're already worried for his neck. :sweatingbullets:

• LOL 22

1 hour ago, Miadee said:

How dare you call him oppa all the fangirls are searching you now....

who will save you from there poped out eyes.......hehhehe......run my fellow chingu...

• LOL 4

, And i believe his Agency was milking his Popularity and try to capitalize everything they can with LMH, and While i know that his tour was for his fans and i'm not taking that away, but i had an impression that The agency was trying to make him an idol as well. The way they dress him and all that dancers, doesn't seems to be something LMH would come up with. Whoever handling the Music side of his career was probably trying to make him looks like an idol type entertainment. No doubt he can sing and seems to enjoy it, but you don't have to give him dancers and dress him in shiny outfit to sing/perform. And in 2016 he switched management to MYM Entertainment which is run by his sister, and i believe that there is a reason why he switched. Why? i don't know 100% but if he is happy with starhaus, he wouldn't switch. 

@scrawford - you spoke my thoughts. Im relatively new to kdrama. It is my first time to watch LMH in TKEM (saw HEIRS and bits of LOTBS). While i cringe at those old videos, it also occured to me that maybe thats why his family took over his managememt is to really steer his career to the right direction and polish him for his global stardom.  They polished his image, got him a decent stylist, made him look like a real global star and not just another trendy idol.( ugh i still cringe remembering the hair, glitters, leather pants haha) 

The LMH that we know now (glad I meet him only in 2020 but I have def heard of him in the past) - is polished, have a well run agency backed by outstanding PR. He even has his PROMIZ. Not a big K fan but his agency is pretty organized and quick to react to global clamor. Esp now, they have just launched again the newly improved, more intl fans friendly website. He's the most followed K actor so his moves now are more calculated. 

Glad thats the LMH I know. I still cant get myself to watch his old projects. Maybe i will give BOF a try as it is a constant favorite of all. OPERATIVE WORD: TRY. 

• Like 8
  • Love 5

59 minutes ago, Layali said:

39 minutes ago, scrawford said:

yes that's true one of the CEO from starhaus has some share in MYM entertainment, but from what i understand, that management is only handling LMH right now and with his sister as one the CEO and him being the only actor, im sure he has a lot more say VS back then. Ever since he switched management, he never did went on music tour again and had express many times in his past interview how he wants to focus on acting and would like to do more movies. 

so girls here is some input MYM is managed by his ceo/agent from starhaus Jang young Hoon and his sister she is the ceo of the company.....he cannot be the ceo and a star so this arrangement and moral of the story is he is the core part of the company .......in short BOSS.....

• Like 4
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Phoenix88 said:

Nice to meet you! I am from PH initially and now living in the USA:love:

You said tight... Soooooo here you go... haha ENJOY:joy:

It is super tight indeed!

OMG... LOL :naughty:

EDIT:

Sorry for bringing this back! LOL I was reading from where I left off last night which was 15 pages behind. I thought there was some sort of announcement too! This thread is moving faster than the main TKEM thread now. :joy:

Edited by Kdramatic
  • LOL 11

13 minutes ago, Senseandstyle said:

@scrawford - you spoke my thoughts. Im relatively new to kdrama. It is my first time to watch LMH in TKEM (saw HEIRS and bits of LOTBS). While i cringe at those old videos, it also occured to me that maybe thats why his family took over his managememt is to really steer his career to the right direction and polish him for his global stardom.  They polished his image, got him a decent stylist, made him look like a real global star and not just another trendy idol.( ugh i still cringe remembering the hair, glitters, leather pants haha) 

The LMH that we know now (glad I meet him only in 2020 but I have def heard of him in the past) - is polished, have a well run agency backed by outstanding PR. He even has his PROMIZ. Not a big K fan but his agency is pretty organized and quick to react to global clamor. Esp now, they have just launched again the newly improved, more intl fans friendly website. He's the most followed K actor so his moves now are more calculated. 

Glad thats the LMH I know. I still cant get myself to watch his old projects. Maybe i will give BOF a try as it is a constant favorite of all. OPERATIVE WORD: TRY. 

Yes!!! and i read somewhere that (i forgot where i wish i save all the article i read about him heheh) for LOTBS, he was more in charge or have more say in his clothing for the drama. I believe fans would agree to this, LMH career during heirs all the way to his music tour (2013-2015) did him good and bad. His popularity got insanely sky rocketed even without drama, he was sooo busy with CF deals, movies and singing tour. it was almost like his agency can't put him in enough endeavor.

I'm glad to see the direction he is taking for his future and his agency is backing him up. He is handsome, kind and humble and he is a good actor. i want to see more of actor LMH like what he portrayed in Gangnam Blues. if you don't mind sex and violence, check it out!!!!! it will erase all of those gifs from your memory. trust me!

BOF its a classic, but you have to realize it's 2009. I am hug fan of the Hana Yori dango franchise/stories and i have watch 4 different version and read the comics start to finish 2x!. i have to say BOF is my least favorite version out of the 4 (Taiwan, Japan, Korea, China), but LMH's GU Jun Pyo is my favorite tsukasa to date! He did really good with the character and in my opinion, he carried the show. It's entertaining but it's  no TKEM :). his old project like Personal taste and Citi Hunter were good. In Personal taste he was paired with Son Ye Jin and it's a rom com and it's from 2010, but visually he was soo yummy! and City hunter he was so hot! and good story too!

12 minutes ago, Prerna said:

so girls here is some input MYM is managed by his ceo/agent from starhaus Jang young Hoon and his sister she is the ceo of the company.....he cannot be the ceo and a star so this arrangement and moral of the story is he is the core part of the company .......in short BOSS.....

Word!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Love 8

24 minutes ago, Prerna said:
1 hour ago, Layali said:

The moral of the story is he couldn’t leave behind the people who got him where he is today but he must have wanted to bring about some changes and so he formed MYM. 

I didn’t love his choice of a having a music tour but it is what it is. I do believe it was partly his agency trying to milk him so I’m glad he left and formed MYM. Now he has more influence and control over his career. My wish is for him to focus on his acting career going forward. :D

• Like 6
  • Love 11
  • Awesome 1

Disclaimer:long one please bear with me...

So let me put my thoughts about wht I feel

about k-dramas and uri couple...

K-Dramas are something I recently started watching like you can say post lockdown and pandemic happened and in these 3 months like a lunatic I have watched around 30-35 dramas (like u can imagine late nights and sometimes whole night) boz they were my escape from house arrest and somewhere very light hearted and fun to watch with soothing story line and perfect stress buster.....

LMH: about him I just want to say that I knew him since long boz I saw heirs and bof long time back but they were just normal teen /high school stress buster for me so I ignored him(but yes I never challenged his acting boz he was too good in both the dramas)...and than I thought to explore more of his dramas but sorry his other shows I found him so inappropriate with his FL.:...they were all so misfit with him.....maybe boz he had a very boyish look so it did not appeal me....I knew the dramas were good but I ignored to see them boz of my mindset of the leads....but that’s my problem I know......and than bang came 2020 his comeback announcement with TKEM and I was again open to explore his acting and woopsh he swept me away with his demurely persona and acting.....he was a difffrent MAN I emphasise MAN for me he became mature,,,,,manly,,,,,sexy,,,,,,Classic he became someone who knew that it’s his rebirth in the industry after such amazing transformation......30s,,,,his Military enlistment,,,,,his break from this world,,,,he grew in his solidarity and bombed us all with his talent and craft...so yes now I adore him for being mature and more open to his surroundings..sometimes you need to come out of your shell to see beautiful sunlight...I think he has understood that now..

KGE: so I didn’t knew anything about this beautiful soul other than her most amazing drama GOBLIN but that only one drama took my breath away..she was phenomenal in that her comic timing (which I must say is the most difficult genre) was point on..high school girl and than a women transition was so smooth I was in love with her(literally) than I saw her cheese in trap and again she was amazing...than comes TKEM and I am here in this ship so u can understand why she did in this drama...than I saw MUSE and her family story behind it(how her parents told her to take the act) and I was speechless my respect went off the roof for her (guys only 19yrs and to do such explicit role for a movie that to 1st one) I had goosebumps....not even bothering what the ppl will think and wht will be the response.....she is the one who broke the barriers Nd came out a winner......You go girl....:and now I have seen almost all her movies.....

so yes I am on this ship (my first one ever)for I have respect for there craft and I saw 2 genuine ppl in love and I just want to support them in my own small way with you all my fellow chingus......I dunno why future they will have but I feel they are perfect for eachother in every way so yes they should give a thought to this relationship.....AMEN....

sorry guys for such a long /maybe preachy messg but I wanted to speak my heart so please bear with me..::.

• Like 7
  • Love 12
  • Awesome 3

37 minutes ago, Kdramatic said:

OMG... LOL :naughty:

EDIT:

Sorry for bringing this back! LOL I was reading from where I left off last night which was 15 pages behind. I thought there was some sort of announcement too! This thread is moving faster than the main TKEM thread now. :joy:

I hope we can refrain from quoting these images to further spread them into future pages. :scream:

I was glad to leave those leather pants behind but then I saw your post with the quote. 

• LOL 11

@effyisme @Heretorant

I have a confession to make :sweatingbullets: .. i went back to watch the Global Tour Beijing concert because i was too busy to watch it earlier while the thread was sprinting. I must say although i cringed at the dance moves but he does look hawttt in there ommona ottoke :flushed: i love that hair style for him and of course his high nose.

Lucky kge :rolleyes:

• LOL 15

8 hours ago, jy_cohh said:

Rough translation as there is one word i dont' understand in the first sentence: 

"I've been a LMH fan for 9 years. Because of xyz (the word I don't understand) he actually isn't always the kindest and most caring towards everyone, which actually made me like him more for this quality. However, he seems to be a different person with KGE in the making and interviews. Even when he's acting. It's suspicious. But, KGE is pretty and sings well, they have the perfect age gap of 4 years, their personalities seem to match well, so I am fully in support of this union. LMH is also at the age where fans should be OK/support him if there is dating news. All that matters is that LMH is happy."

@jy_cohh thank you so much for doing this! I enjoy reading comments from LMH's long time fans especially knetz. btw I've read all your post and I really like the way you intepret things.

• Like 7
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1