[Official] Lee Min Ho x Kim Go Eun (MinEun/LeeEul) #1YearWithTKEM

graceyco

12 minutes ago, graceyco said:

They know that we know that they know. You get what I'm saying chinggu? :w00t:

Just in case they don't --- WE APPROVE MINEUN, WE REALLY REALLY DO!!! GO FOR IT!

Yes we get what you're saying Phoebe hahahah

• LOL 7

2 hours ago, zba72 said:

Agree with that.  The ratings are ok, just that they were expecting it to be better because it’s KES and LMH’s comeback drama.  I don’t think SBS did enough to promote TKEM.  Also what richard simmons me off is some people only started to rave about the story only after watching episode 15.  Like hello, you should have started early and be patient and not jump the gun and criticise the drama when they clearly said to keep watching to see the story unfold :vicx:

Richard simmons? Who is he?

• LOL 11

Sorry if this is a little off topic. On the matter of natural beauty and plastic surgery, I agree there is nothing wrong for a person to undergo plastic surgery. But given we are talking about LMH, this naturally very good looking Hallyu star, I would personally want his life partner to be someone with natural beauty. Someone who matches with him in terms of visuals and status. I believe he has found the one!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 2

17 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I’m pretty sure they do. Have you seen the support on their Instagram? MinEun fans are passionate lol. Over 100,000 comments asking them to date. I am 100% sure they see it. They reply to comments when it’s WDH, KKN, etc. Do we really think they don’t see the rest of the 100,000 comments? Not a chance! I think they know we approve hehehe. 

Exactly!! LMH could have easily disabled the comments section or his agency MYM could have issued a clarification before the comments section exploded with tremendous support for the couple which led to worldwide speculation and massive shipping business... 

• LOL 11
  • Awesome 1

Guys I just read an article. No offense. Just sharing with y'all. This is about cloy couple.

Given their undeniable chemistry on the show, fans and media immediately started speculating as to whether they are in a relationship IRL. During a press conference for the K-drama in 2019, when a reporter asked the pair if it was burdensome to shoot together because of the dating rumours, Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin laughed it off. "As you can see, we laughed it off. It did not affect or inconvenience in choosing work. We worked together, and we were friends because of the work. 

Now I have friends who're shipping MinEun and also crazy shippers of cloy couple. But this cloy couple just laughed it off about the dating rumours. Even this cloy couple posted offscreen pics during when their drama was airing but not as much as MinEun did though. But I seriously won't be able to take it if such article comes about MinEun. I'm soo deeply involved in this ship to the point of no return. Ofcourse MinEun have shows soo many signs but the possibility of them brushing of the rumours itself is making me teary eyed. Also it's going be the last episode this week and what if we don't get any content from them anymore? Just yesterday I was like they will definitely announce the dating news after the drama will be over but today this news ruined me. Sorry for ranting I just wanted to pour my feelings. Again no offense to any couple.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

I'm seeing so many people on here comparing other actresses to KGE. If possible, can we not do that on this thread? I'm a huge KGE fan just as much as most of you but I wouldn't want to compare her to other actresses for their looks. They're all charming in their own way. Suzy has reasons to be called the nation's first love from Koreans and that's fine and us fans are able to admire KGE and I'm glad, but let's carry on. :D

Yes.... thank you! Beauty is very subjective and beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder so let's not put other female artists down since we are all women too... otherwise we are no different from those keyboard warriors :D

• Like 6
  • Love 11
  • Awesome 2

2 minutes ago, AquariusMY said:

Sorry if this is a little off topic. On the matter of natural beauty and plastic surgery, I agree there is nothing wrong for a person to undergo plastic surgery. But given we are talking about LMH, this naturally very good looking Hallyu star, I would personally want his life partner to be someone with natural beauty. Someone who matches with him in terms of visuals and status. I believe he has found the one!

Well beauty is subjective as we all know. Most of us here would say KGE is beautiful enough to be with LMH since we are all shippers here but there are non shippers who would disagree. I think as long as LMH finds his life partner beautiful enough for himself, then that's all that matters. She doesn't have to be as gorgeous in other's eyes. She doesn't even have to have natural beauty. I'm just glad if he can be happy. But yes, as a huge Hallyu star, it would help to have someone beautiful next to him just so she won't get as much backlash from some of his crazier fans, but that's bound to happen to anyone. Even KGE who we think is beautiful, have people who think she's not beautiful enough for him, but we think he's very happy with her and that to me is all that really matters. 

• Like 6
  • Love 9

Now that’s big praise for our girl.....I don’t understand the mind-set of sk ppl that they back lashed her so much I feel she is an international standard talent....her cinephile work is so impressive still ppl are so shallow to only look for beauty in an actress and not her caliber to completely eat the male lead with her talent of work.....I feel (my personal) she didn’t flaked in any of her work infact she has learnt alott from her own work and impressed her peers and fans alott.....it’s like look at the seniors she has worked with it’s astounding to know like (Kimhaesoo) which is a big name in k- industry and many more....so my gal u have made your mark and please give us more amazing work ahead.....:blush:

• Like 2
  • Love 7

26 minutes ago, Lexiepedia said:

Guys I just read an article. No offense. Just sharing with y'all. This is about cloy couple.

Given their undeniable chemistry on the show, fans and media immediately started speculating as to whether they are in a relationship IRL. During a press conference for the K-drama in 2019, when a reporter asked the pair if it was burdensome to shoot together because of the dating rumours, Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin laughed it off. "As you can see, we laughed it off. It did not affect or inconvenience in choosing work. We worked together, and we were friends because of the work. 

Now I have friends who're shipping MinEun and also crazy shippers of cloy couple. But this cloy couple just laughed it off about the dating rumours. Even this cloy couple posted offscreen pics during when their drama was airing but not as much as MinEun did though. But I seriously won't be able to take it if such article comes about MinEun. I'm soo deeply involved in this ship to the point of no return. Ofcourse MinEun have shows soo many signs but the possibility of them brushing of the rumours itself is making me teary eyed. Also it's going be the last episode this week and what if we don't get any content from them anymore? Just yesterday I was like they will definitely announce the dating news after the drama will be over but today this news ruined me. Sorry for ranting I just wanted to pour my feelings. Again no offense to any couple.

I think we should not compare both ships as they are totally different... the cloy couple knew each other for years whereas our couple collaborated for the first time.. both couples are great in their own way and they exhibit totally different shipping traits....

In addition, nothing LMH has said or done so far points to them of being just friends.... And his actions and behaviours so far doesn't scream "We are friends" vibe... And LMH is definitely far from behaving coy....

• Like 5
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

1 minute ago, effyisme said:

I think we should not compare both ships as they are totally different... the cloy couple knew each other for years whereas our couple collaborated for the first time.. both couples are great in their own way and they exhibit totally different shipping traits....

In addition, nothing LMH has said or done so far point to them being just friends.... 

My thoughts exactly. What man would get jealous if another man hug his female friend unless if he has feelings for her. Also let's not forget that beheading BTS, he was seriously unable to control his lustful urge for KGE. He definitely doesn't view her as a friend. Even during the press conference you can clearly see his agitation for being called 'sunbae'. He wants to be closer to her.

• Like 2
  • Naughty 4
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

18 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

I'm seeing so many people on here comparing other actresses to KGE. If possible, can we not do that on this thread? I'm a huge KGE fan just as much as most of you but I wouldn't want to compare her to other actresses for their looks. They're all charming in their own way. Suzy has reasons to be called the nation's first love from Koreans and that's fine and us fans are able to admire KGE and I'm glad, but let's carry on. :D

I agree with your point, and I think some of my posts contain the names of other actresses too. So sorry if i unintentionally took part in causing inconveniences :sweatingbullets:

I tried to highlight netizens' complaint on KGE being chosen as the lead female for LMH and they think she is not suitable for him visually so they compared her to his ex leading ladies even his ex gfs (even netizens in my country, jeez :sweatingbullets:). So i tried to point out that she has her kind of beauty even tho it's perhaps not 'universally accepted standard of beauty'. In the process it's inevitable for me to cite the other actresses' names whom frequently mentioned by those netizens. But no intention to do comparison thing, since I'm a big supporter of diversity.

• Like 7
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

Thank you so much for this! It’s nice to hear from someone who lives in Korea. 

1) I completely understand why it’s important for you guys because korean drama wave is no joke. It does represent South Korea. I just want to know though, do Koreans know that TKEM is so well loved overseas? 

2) Sorry, do you mind if I ask you to elaborate on the difference between cable and channels like sbs and kbs. Are the ratings measured differently? I’ve always understood that 10% on cable is the same amount of audience as 10% on regular channel but it’s considered a hit on cable because cable is not available to everyone. I was always particularly interested in knowing more about wavve too. I know TKEM has been the number 1 most streamed show on Wavve since it aired. What is wavve exactly? I was under the impression is it the korean version of Netflix. 

So in general, I understand that this drama is not doing exceptionally well but it’s also not doing horribly. Am I right? 

3) It’s a pity KES and the director of Mr. Sunshine did not collaborate again for this project. I think it would be been next level if that had been the case. 

I don't speak for the whole but there are few to none articles writing its international success. It is sad because if you don't know what's happening outside South Korea, you won't know it is globally successful. The production company, casts, editors, directors, probably know it is an international hit. Maybe when TKEM ends, there will be a lot of articles indicating it's massive success worldwide. Most media outlet doesn't mostly see the outcome when the drama ends, they only speak after it is done. 

Well, wavve wants to be the next netflix HAHAHAHAHHAHA just like netflix, it offers original content too like it's first series The Tale Of Nokdu. But chingu wavve isn't that good, oksusu is better huehue but it offers live broadcast which what makes it good and comfortable. 

The ratings between regular channel and cable are the same but are not. Low ratings doesn't actually mean failure because the series might be profitable through streaming sites and deals, international ratings and social media influence. Nielsen doesn't measure the live broadcast in wavve, so frustrating. 

You are right!!! TKEM is not doing exceptionally well but it is also not doing horribly. It is actually popular like it will even be in top search in naver. Like, dramas with similar ratings with TKEM won't even top the naver search and top 100. 

Hys, if only KES collaborated with Lee Eung Bok, this show would do really great and extraordinarily. 

HUHUUHUH I love you @Heretorant

• Like 7
  • Love 6

39 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

@lyrically aesthetic should be our honorary dispatcher since you live in SK. :lol:

@TDeas Looking at her past posts, she seems to be a shipper as well as a KGE fan. I think she just use the term clown hearts as an endearment but that's her view. In other words she's just prepping to have her heart broken since she doesn't trust LMH as much. I'm glad the shippers here trust in both LMH and KGE. 

Kamsahamnida :D

• Like 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, lyrically aesthetic said:

ALRIGHT HERE IT IS 

Hellooooo, the media could really be bias sometimes. They only see the mistakes and then make multiple articles about it (THEY DO THIS ALOT!!) knowing that eun sook nim is very popular, the whole media is centered on TKEM so if they saw something that isn't pleasing to the eyes like the japanese warship and things and gender somethin thingy, they criticized it wholeheartedly.  The show isn't hated. Unfortunately, it is the main attraction for criticism. 

We actually take our small screen dramas and films very seriously. We want it to be perfect since the films and dramas represents our film art worldwide. 

The King is popular among GEN Z. Ahjummas barely understand it but loved the romance. I mean, we hangug-eo looooooved romance, melodramas, historical so this genre is very hard to sink in the brains of some. I mean, if only the drama clearly showed it from the very first episode what this is all about and explained what parallel universe is for those dim-witted, maybe the ratings wouldn't be like that.  

We often joked about not watching free broadcasts channels because we paid a lot to subscribe in wavve, cables, and tvn and it would be funny not watching to those that you paid for right? But let me tell you this why TWOTM, CLOY, HDL, and others popular cable dramas became soooo high rated, it is because only few got to watch it. Cable channel has relatively smaller audience unlike SBS and KBS. So you might think that woooow almost all of the population in South Korea watched that drama, it must be really successful... HUHUHU noooo... the media praised high rated cable dramas a lot so people will be really drawn to it making it the talk of the town. 

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

btw, when I was in a country in Southeast Asia, I actually saw a lot of criticism in SNS by some bandwagons that maybe the ratings were caused by the main couple. They actually thought that Kim Go Eun wasn't pretty enough for Lee Min Ho and I just want to say that I hated all of them for saying that. We love the couple so much and even luuv their chemistry even more. Maybe those who don't know a lot should just keep their opinions to themselves and forbid spreading negativity. Even a famous actress was spreading hate. Like please. :(((((((

And I want to say thank you for their fellow countrymen who happen to be TKEM fans for defending my OTP and the series  Like they are gifts from the almighty. 

It's the same case for Moon Lovers. The ratings is quite low but it waaaaaaaaaaaas popular. You can even see IU and Joon Gi on televisions a lot. 

This is true unfortunately. 

The PPLs are tooooo obvious. The director should have taken a note like what the GOBLIN's director did. 

All I can say that we are very sensitive in this matter. Even though it looks fine and not a big deal to me but my fellow countrymen thinks otherwise and it sucks. Just like Mr Sunshine, it also received this kind of criticism but the director built a strong foundation from the very first episode. 

The King: Eternal Monarch isn't perfect but it was splendid. Although it contains a lot of loopholes and poor explanations, it was beautiful. Since it is drawing to an end, I believe the ratings would be better. 

The first director should have known that this drama isn't descendants of the sun and romance isn't only the main focus on this. This drama contains a lot more variety than that and if only the Mr Sunshine director was the director and directed the very first episodes. Maybe, just maybe, this drama would be even be more extraordinary. 

Thanks a lot for this information.

Btw , wavve is popular in korea? Is it a channel too? 

Another question, hehe, do u think TKEM will have a chance to be nominated in Baeksang next year? KGE and LMH deserve for best actress and best actor :)

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2