[Official] Lee Min Ho x Kim Go Eun (MinEun/LeeEul) #1YearWithTKEM

graceyco

1 minute ago, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:

Thank you VERY VERY KHAMSAHAMNIDA, my Dear!! A very insightful post about Koreans’ reaction to the drama! 

I think most of us are also very curious about the general Koreans’ (Knetz included, since this drama appeals to Gen Z the most) reaction to this Shipping too!  Are there many MinEun shippers in Korea? 
And yes, regarding that STUPID reaction from that so-called famous actress in a certain SE Asian country - she really showed everyone how brainless she is by her reaction and comment! 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA :w00t:

there are some actually including me like guuurl HAHAHAHAH 

we don't actually ship actors and actresses some only swoon over them and mineun shippers here are mostly fans individual fans of lee min ho and kim go eun 

• Like 8
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 1

4 minutes ago, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:

And yes, regarding that STUPID reaction from that so-called famous actress in a certain SE Asian country - she really showed everyone how brainless she is by her reaction and comment! :rolleyes:

Now i'm going off topic and curious. Who is this person?

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

3 minutes ago, lyrically aesthetic said:

we don't actually ship actors and actresses some only swoon over them and mineun shippers here are mostly fans individual fans of lee min ho and kim go eun 

Do LMH and KGE know how people are going crazy for them and shipping them like mad and want them to end up together at any cost and that they have international fans support?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Just now, Dreaaaa_ said:

Hi I know this is a shipping thread so I apologize cause I got quite lengthy with my post but I had to. Cause I see that some people are still focusing so much on the ratings. Alright here are some points I’ve listed out to tell you why I think tkem is doing just fine.
1.Dramas typically depend on ratings to be successful. But what kind of success really, if it’s in the quality of the drama. Ratings isn’t the best method. As I’ve seen many low rated dramas with the best content and impact and many high rated dramas that lacked impact.  If it’s success in the business world,I’ll have you know that tkem is not a drama that depends on ratings to be successful.Tkem has achieved its profits x10 without the ratings. They garnered production costs back and still made multi millions from it.so why are we still worried. You said it needs cfs and all to stay relevant in years to come and TKEM is going to stay relevant for years trust  me. Also their cf value increased by 40%.. 40%!! and is the highest among previous dramas. What more could they want. It’s getting all the achievements it should have gotten from the ratings from Netflix. It’s an uncommon method but still achieving common results. Any advertiser that doesn’t jump on tkem needs to be whacked in the head with lee Lm’s umbrella .For me I’d pick it’s international success over its national success any day. All that success internationally will not amount to nothing. I can bet my right arm. Time will tell.Can you see now that it really doesn’t need the ratings to stay relevant. It should have but Tkem isn’t your ordinary drama. A drama with “low ratings” shouldn’t be making this much wave, it shouldn’t be topping the charts all the time. A drama with “low ratings”should mean that no one is watching right? But the world is watching Tkem (p.s my smile is so wide rn) How many dramas with “low ratings” succeed like this. None. And it’s ratings aren’t even low. If you knew the factors surrounding it, you would know that it’s ratings are not low. It’s only “low”to people with “high” expectations And  2. I keep saying this and will continue to do so. Tkem was not made for sk’s audience only infact sk wasn’t it’s major target. It’s target right from the start was the global market. If the ratings were their first priority they wouldn’t have gone this hard in Netflix, look how many countries it was released into. It’s even going to be released into Europe very soon. What does that spell ...Success.

3. Tkem is not sbs produced rather Netflix produced. So why aren’t we recognizing it’s Netflix achievements more.And to be very frank, I feel like sbs could have done a better job at promoting Tkem, i mean have you seen the official poster for Tkem compared to their other dramas? Such clownery. I just found out days ago, that,that was the official poster. I always thought it was just one of the posters. It’s as if they’re telling us oh because we only have broadcasting rights we’re not gonna do too much. Tkem is winning anyways.

4. You have to also note the target audience, the age group. It’s target audience are those who prefer to watch their dramas on their phones rather than tv. Those who watch television more would be way older people and I can definitely not see all of them watch something about parallel universe and doppelgängers. So when you have this people holding the remote control what else do you expect.

5.Kim Eun Sook.(lovely woman, bless her soul:wub:)She’s a veteran writer. Know what that means? She’s been in the game for too long,she knows the way the heart and mind of sk fans work,she must have predicted their reaction and must have seen the criticisms coming. As an artist, you can see that Tkem is indeed a challenging project. Her most challenging yet,in terms of content and the fact that she still went on with this project says a lot to me. It says she prioritized her art over profits/ratings.If her main goal for this drama was to have high ratings in sk.She would have written it the standard way .made the flow of the drama easier to be grasped Immediately. Wouldn’t have made it as complicated . Maybe more romantic, more cliche. The way leeeul fell in love would have been different. Basically changed her writing style.i noticed that fans incline more towards drama with typical romance and mannerisms, and when they didn’t get that. They bashed it blindly. But this brilliant woman, knowing she could have done all that but chose not to .Chose to keep her story unique. Practically set a new trend with this drama, created new characters in kdramaland, broke very cliche and opposed the norms. Simply says, she knew what she wanted. She wanted more than just recognition from sk. She wanted global. Lasttt part you said the casts always post with the caption let’s watch the king together. It’s not just for sbs. are you forgetting that they’re also with Netflix. They’ve done promotions uno.So when they put that caption. It’s for sbs and Netflix . Thank you.

Damn my post is longggg:sweatingbullets: . Again I apologize for posting this on the shipping thread 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, lyrically aesthetic said:

The King: Eternal Monarch isn't perfect but it was splendid. Although it contains a lot of loopholes and poor explanations, it was beautiful. Since it is drawing to an end, I believe the ratings would be better. 

The first director should have known that this drama isn't descendants of the sun and romance isn't only the main focus on this. This drama contains a lot more variety than that and if only the Mr Sunshine director was the director and directed the very first episodes. Maybe, just maybe, this drama would be even be more extraordinary. 

I agree with you on the first director.  If only it was Lee Eung Bok who did both Goblin and Mr Sunshine,  it would have been phenomenal. Some of the scenes in the first few episodes were a bit ‘flat’.  But nonetheless, I hope the ending doesn’t disappoint.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, lyrically aesthetic said:

:joy::love: SWOON .. And of course you’re our HANGUG-EO Royal Court Lady for Uri Beloved MINEUN!! :kiss_wink:

MINEUN SARANGHAE AND MANSE!! :heart:

• Like 2
  • Love 3

8 minutes ago, Lexiepedia said:

Do LMH and KGE know how people are going crazy for them and shipping them like mad and want them to end up together at any cost and that they have international fans support?

DEEEEYMM wish they knew :tears:

6 minutes ago, zba72 said:

I agree with you on the first director.  If only it was Lee Eung Bok who did both Goblin and Mr Sunshine,  it would have been phenomenal. Some of the scenes in the first few episodes were a bit ‘flat’.  But nonetheless, I hope the ending doesn’t disappoint.

I know right. Lee Eung Bok should have directed it and built a strong foundation in the first few episodes... hys.

6 minutes ago, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:

:joy::love: SWOON .. And of course you’re our HANGUG-EO Royal Court Lady for Uri Beloved MINEUN!! :kiss_wink:

MINEUN SARANGHAE AND MANSE!! :heart:

:heart::heart::heart:

• Like 1
  • Love 5

44 minutes ago, lyrically aesthetic said:

ALRIGHT HERE IT IS 

Hellooooo, the media could really be bias sometimes. They only see the mistakes and then make multiple articles about it (THEY DO THIS ALOT!!) knowing that eun sook nim is very popular, the whole media is centered on TKEM so if they saw something that isn't pleasing to the eyes like the japanese warship and things and gender somethin thingy, they criticized it wholeheartedly.  The show isn't hated. Unfortunately, it is the main attraction for criticism. 

We actually take our small screen dramas and films very seriously. We want it to be perfect since the films and dramas represents our film art worldwide. 

The King is popular among GEN Z. Ahjummas barely understand it but loved the romance. I mean, we hangug-eo looooooved romance, melodramas, historical so this genre is very hard to sink in the brains of some. I mean, if only the drama clearly showed it from the very first episode what this is all about and explained what parallel universe is for those dim-witted, maybe the ratings wouldn't be like that.  

We often joked about not watching free broadcasts channels because we paid a lot to subscribe in wavve, cables, and tvn and it would be funny not watching to those that you paid for right? But let me tell you this why TWOTM, CLOY, HDL, and others popular cable dramas became soooo high rated, it is because only few got to watch it. Cable channel has relatively smaller audience unlike SBS and KBS. So you might think that woooow almost all of the population in South Korea watched that drama, it must be really successful... HUHUHU noooo... the media praised high rated cable dramas a lot so people will be really drawn to it making it the talk of the town. 

The King: Eternal Monarch isn't perfect but it was splendid. Although it contains a lot of loopholes and poor explanations, it was beautiful. Since it is drawing to an end, I believe the ratings would be better. 

The first director should have known that this drama isn't descendants of the sun and romance isn't only the main focus on this. This drama contains a lot more variety than that and if only the Mr Sunshine director was the director and directed the very first episodes. Maybe, just maybe, this drama would be even be more extraordinary. 

Thank you so much for this! It’s nice to hear from someone who lives in Korea. 

1) I completely understand why it’s important for you guys because korean drama wave is no joke. It does represent South Korea. I just want to know though, do Koreans know that TKEM is so well loved overseas? 

2) Sorry, do you mind if I ask you to elaborate on the difference between cable and channels like sbs and kbs. Are the ratings measured differently? I’ve always understood that 10% on cable is the same amount of audience as 10% on regular channel but it’s considered a hit on cable because cable is not available to everyone. I was always particularly interested in knowing more about wavve too. I know TKEM has been the number 1 most streamed show on Wavve since it aired. What is wavve exactly? I was under the impression is it the korean version of Netflix. 

So in general, I understand that this drama is not doing exceptionally well but it’s also not doing horribly. Am I right? 

3) It’s a pity KES and the director of Mr. Sunshine did not collaborate again for this project. I think it would be been next level if that had been the case. 

• Like 12
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, jy_cohh said:

I have read on Korean threads from people who have seen KGE in person and apparently she is absolutely beautiful in person and that the camera isn't capturing her full beauty in movies/dramas. They typically mention her overall aura - very elegant, like a fairy, and super feminine :). 

Thanks for this affirmation. I thought I read somewhere here that while she was in college/uni, she had many male admirers. It seems her natural beauty and personality are very attractive to the opposite sex.

I hope LMH has gotten himself so deep in his interest, infatuation, attraction with KGE that he is unable to pull back. I want him to be go crazy over her and confidently pursue her! I cannot imagine the both of them pairing with anyone else. They will make such a power couple! Help me with my heart.... I cannot wait anymore for these two.

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

39 minutes ago, Lisa_BB said:

Personally, I don't find either Suzy or PMY exceptionally pretty. I used to think Song Hye Kyo is the prettiest  but it's also fading for me now after I watched Kim Tae Hee in Hi Bye Mama. It's very subjective, but yeah, I guess there's a kind of visual that just appeals to the majority. 

Me too....

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

16 minutes ago, Lexiepedia said:

I’m pretty sure they do. Have you seen the support on their Instagram? MinEun fans are passionate lol. Over 100,000 comments asking them to date. I am 100% sure they see it. They reply to comments when it’s WDH, KKN, etc. Do we really think they don’t see the rest of the 100,000 comments? Not a chance! I think they know we approve hehehe. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 19

26 minutes ago, Miss.Zinu said:

She has that elegant poise by just being herself, which i understand why many adores her. KGE is a bit different from others because unlike many in the mainstream who put apperance at the frontline, she just wears her charm, which radiates the whole her, from many aspects (her voice, they way she speaks, smile, laugh, her angelic voice etc). I think this is what LMH meant, but since he is too giddy n excited to meet the unique her now, he often describes his opinion through action, accidentally:wub:

Hi, I don't mean to stop this conversation. Or debating sometimes, I love to read other people perspektif, and I believed more than 75 percent people in this shipper forum and others clubs are us. Women, this is women's talk, so back to the theme, Preety and beauty, for me I always ask people who  up the topic w/ Questions, 

1. Tell me guys Which mother says their son is not pretty or handsome ?

2. As a Women we have our Preety and beauty standard to our self, be confident with it. We are Preety ! 

Comparation does exist and it's an eye services only, Preety doesn't make a man stay, personality make it.

Back to Shiiper talk,

I'm irritated by this post on tweeter just now.

Take a look.@ Mykdramamood  caption. That's me who retweeted it.

She/he might a shipper anyway ... But lost hope. I don't like that "clown" jokes for what I'm feel about. Or maybe I'm take it to seriously :huh:

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I’m pretty sure they do. Have you seen the support on their Instagram? MinEun fans are passionate lol. Over 100,000 comments asking them to date. I am 100% sure they see it. They reply to comments when it’s WDH, KKN, etc. Do we really think they don’t see the rest of the 100,000 comments? Not a chance! I think they know we approve hehehe. 

They know that we know that they know. You get what I'm saying chinggu? :w00t:

Just in case they don't --- WE APPROVE MINEUN, WE REALLY REALLY DO!!! GO FOR IT!

• Like 2
  • LOL 17

53 minutes ago, Lisa_BB said:

Personally, I don't find either Suzy or PMY exceptionally pretty. I used to think Song Hye Kyo is the prettiest  but it's also fading for me now after I watched Kim Tae Hee in Hi Bye Mama. It's very subjective, but yeah, I guess there's a kind of visual that just appeals to the majority. 

Suzy is really plain in comparison to the female Soop actress pics she posted. She is standing next to elegant women of different ages and Suzy just doesnt standout. She is a CF girl but no elegance to her. With PMY after watching her on screen after a few minutes all you see is the plastic surgery on her face. Cant concentrate her dramas for too long. 

Edited by Bluey
Add
  • Like 4
  • LOL 7
  • Thanks 1

@lyrically aesthetic should be our honorary dispatcher since you live in SK. :lol:

@TDeas Looking at her past posts, she seems to be a shipper as well as a KGE fan. I think she just use the term clown hearts as an endearment but that's her view. In other words she's just prepping to have her heart broken since she doesn't trust LMH as much. I'm glad the shippers here trust in both LMH and KGE. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

22 minutes ago, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ok, the country is the Philippines & unfortunately, I am not familiar with Filipino celebrities/ actresses!! 

I won't mention her name but she's an outdated comedian here in PH. She had the nerve to criticize TKEM when her movies are sooo... nevermind...

• LOL 14

1 minute ago, MissSuperCyan said:

I won't mention her name but she's an outdated comedian here in PH. She had the nerve to criticize TKEM when her movies are sooo... nevermind...

My last off-topic post, I promise: A lot of her celebrity friends or colleagues are now raving about the drama. I wonder how she feels about that :lol: 

• Like 2
  • LOL 8