[Official] Lee Min Ho x Kim Go Eun (MinEun/LeeEul) #1YearWithTKEM

graceyco

Is it just me and I'm overthinking it, or was LMH's posting of that poem from Goblin really "interesting"?? It could totally be a coincidence, but it seemed like that poem became REALLY popular because it was the title of the book from Goblin (I looked at photos and the cover of the book consistently has KGExGY's photo on it to advertise it as the book from Goblin). 

The content of the poem was really interesting and in my opinion not as relevant to a debut anniversary day? Especially that last line of "silence will make you stronger." When I read that, I think of KGE who has consistently battled controversy and backlash in her dramas, including The King. 

@Heretorant you mentioned before that you weren't surprised he posted the poem for his fans. Has he posted poems in the past? I'm so curious about your further thoughts here. 

Another explanation could be that writer KES, who wrote Goblin and therefore probably very familiar with the book, shared the poem with the entire The King cast when there was a lot of backlash going on as a mode of consolation? I think that's the most reasonable explanation, but I like to think it's somehow directly connected to KGE :)

• Like 9
  • Love 5

7 minutes ago, jy_cohh said:

Is it just me and I'm overthinking it, or was LMH's posting of that poem from Goblin really "interesting"?? It could totally be a coincidence, but it seemed like that poem became REALLY popular because it was the title of the book from Goblin (I looked at photos and the cover of the book consistently has KGExGY's photo on it to advertise it as the book from Goblin). 

The content of the poem was really interesting and in my opinion not as relevant to a debut anniversary day? Especially that last line of "silence will make you stronger." When I read that, I think of KGE who has consistently battled controversy and backlash in her dramas, including The King. 

@Heretorant you mentioned before that you weren't surprised he posted the poem for his fans. Has he posted poems in the past? I'm so curious about your further thoughts here. 

Another explanation could be that writer KES, who wrote Goblin and therefore probably very familiar with the book, shared the poem with the entire The King cast when there was a lot of backlash going on as a mode of consolation? I think that's the most reasonable explanation, but I like to think it's somehow directly connected to KGE :)

From what I've heard, he didn't use the exact poem from Goblin but it was a poem from the same book. I know he was a fan of Goblin since he mentioned it several times during interviews and he also mentioned the character JET during the SBS keyword interview. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, jy_cohh said:

Clarifying this one too -- 

The host actually called out LMH and KGE for looking "stiff" hahaha (I agree that they do look awkward) and specifically asked KGE to sling her arm through LMHs, so I don't think LMH was expecting her to hold his hand. 

I feel like I keep clarifying things, I promise I'm not doing it to be rude, I just want to make sure everyone has accurate information!! 

Actually i truely appreciate that you can clarify these things because there are some language and slangs that may have been lost in translation so we should be thankful we have someone here to help us translate some of the meanings..:kiss_wink: i couldn't find the full translation for the entire presscon so i was also clueless what the host was asking them to do..as they looked like they were taking cues fr her and yes they looked totally awkwardly shy here when they are suppose to be quite close by then..so if really it is just friendship between them i dont think they will be this shy lol :wub:

• Like 4
  • Love 4

@jy_cohh

To add onto @Heretorant I think LMH is a person with deep thoughts and care for his fans, but what makes it special is the method he used to convey to his fans his message. From what I've known, LMH is not much of a book reader though he had been trying to read more. I also know KGE is very much into literature and given the poem was from the same book as the poem in Goblin, it could possibly hint that while it may not necessarily be used to convey specifically to KGE, it's something close to mirroring. Sharing like interests with someone you like and using that to express yourself, is something I believe he may be doing. Though I'm not sure if it's KGE who shared that book with him or KES, so it can still be open to interpretation. 

• Like 6
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 3

1 hour ago, jy_cohh said:

Well i was totally convinced that the poem is related to kge when he posted and when it was brought to attention that it was a poem fr The Book in Goblin where Kimshin was reading it and realised he fell in love w JET....W tkem ost ..cryptic much and screaming kge kge

Even if nowadays he is more into poems of alllllll poems have to be the one fr goblin when he held it and confessed he fell in love w this sunshine girl hahahahahha

That was after the sunset pic so can u imagine how excited i was to see this then :w00t:

Ok that was really how i felt abt the posting then haha

I didn't think he was serious or deep in the past.

This is my general opinion of him in the past because although i was interested in his work as k-actor i dont hardcore follow him and his life like some of you but only periodically checked on him and what i said was the vibe i was getting from him during his mid 20s but of course my view of him have been renewed now after seeing him in Tkem. 

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1

Spoiler
58 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Hehehe, I’m afraid I’ll give an answer that’s not to our shipping hearts’ liking. The poem could be for kge, the poem could be for his fans or the poem could be for both. If you follow lmh enough, you’ll know that he’s quite a deep person. He may be funny and jokes around but at times, he’ll speak about life and love and you just know that these are things he ponders about often. If you read enough of his interviews, you’ll know his answers are meaningful and said with deep thought. So I wasn’t surprised when he posted a deep and meaningful poem. 

I guess we, as his fans, can understand some of the the burden he carries. I know a project is often a team as a whole but as one can imagine, people expect him to carry to drama and if it doesn’t do well, you’ll hear noise from all over the place bashing him and blaming him, saying he’s lost his touch. It’s absolutely tiring to hear coming from a fan’s point of view so one can only imagine how he feels. Lmh isn’t one to speak out against his haters, he’s usually quite private and quiet so we feel like his poem was meant to send a message. Especially because the poem’s overall meaning seems quite fitting. We understood it as him telling us he was doing ok. 

I take this is a similar time to Faith. Though of course I’ll argue that TKEM is a huge success and in a much better place than Faith but I reckon the “ratings” might make it seem like TKEM is not doing well. I think he posted the poem to assure fans he’s doing just fine because he knows a lot of us will be worried as we were during Faith. Faith was a tough time in his career. Everyone knew he was having a hard time. He once took a segment from his fan meeting to just casually speak to his fans about it. It was a drama that left many scars for him but for fans, we loved him in there so he wondered why. We stood by him and made sure he knew we still loved him. And he knew. It’s crazy to say because we don’t even speak with him directly but I think he was aware fans were worried about him and we were aware of what he was going through. So in a way, we supported him harder because we wanted him to feel the love. In the end, CY remains special to everyone, I think even to him. He might not look back at that time as a tragic time but maybe a healing time. He went through a lot but what came out of it were fans who will stand by him until maybe the end of his career. 

Here’s a video of him accepting an award for Faith where you can clearly see he was pretty emotional and hurt. 

So I guess when we say the poem was meant for his fans, we associate it with a time in the past where his drama wasn’t doing well. We know what he must be going through and we are all worried about him. But he also knows we must be worried about him so he wanted to let us know to not worry. It’s the kind of relationship we have with him and he has with his fans. After so many years of being a fan, you understand he’s a considerate person and he cares a big deal about his fans. If we are worried about him, likely, he is also worried about us worrying about him. I often feel like having so many fans is a blessing yet a burden. I feel like if he “fails” he feels like he’s “failed” millions of people so it’s burdensome. He strives to do well not only for himself and his loved ones but also for his fans. And these are things I know to be true because I have followed him long enough to know the kind of person he is. Maybe I sound crazy to think I know him? But every minoz can attest to this: he is a genuine person and he cares about his fans. 

Sorry, I wrote a lot. I think I went a bit off topics and didn’t answer your question directly. In short, TKEM isn’t rating very high and fans are worried so he posted that poem on his anniversary to let his fans know he’s doing fine even if he’s not speaking out. 

Thanks for the insight. I will have to rewatch Faith again because for me it was the least memorable and least fav of his drama for me i dont know why...bian 

Edit: oh i went and check the first ep..i think i know why i didn't like it because it is a fantasy genre drama. Fantasy drama was just not my cup of tea until i saw KGE in Goblin. And i think i can only watch them if she is in it hahahahahhaha

• LOL 10

10 minutes ago, Miadee said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Thanks for the insight. I will have to rewatch Faith again because for me it was the least memorable and least fav of his drama for me i dont know why...bian 

Edit: oh i went and check the first ep..i think i know why i didn't like it because it is a fantasy genre drama. Fantasy drama was just not my cup of tea until i saw KGE in Goblin. And i think i can only watch them if she is in it hahahahahhaha

Hahaha I’m aware Faith isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. In fact, I can’t say it is mine either today. But I do know that I really like his character and the love story in there. Until today, Choi Young remains dear to my heart and I still think the imja couple has one of the best love stories. That’s where I love it but don’t get me started on things I don’t like because there are plenty! Lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

@Heretorant - Thank you very much for your insightful post about LMH, my Dear. I don’t mean to pour cold water, but can we just take it the poem he posted for his debut anniversary, was first and foremost, for his fans to reassure them? It’s very sweet of him though, even if it’s not specifically for KGE. 
However, he must have known that KGE has initially (and probably still is!) received lots of criticism from some Minoz and none-Minoz. 
In fact, I am guessing there were many who found their pairing odd, at the beginning. There were quite a few write ups/articles (both from Korean and international sources) about how they lacked chemistry, etc. 
As the OTP in the drama, I think I can safely say that the burden is not his alone ... I am sure both of them, being professional AND passionate actors, are very aware that they are equal partners when it comes to ‘carrying’ the drama (in reference to the OTP’s role).

So, he may have posted the poem with the first and foremost objective - to comfort and assure his fans, but I think it is also to indirectly tell his fans that the both of them (as professional partners) will be okay, will be strong and will give their very best.

And they have done it!! 
They have brought out the best in each other, in terms of their acting!

Hopefully, this bringing-the-best-out-of-each-other will also ‘cross over’ to their PERSONAL relationship with each other! 
The strongest and most enduring relationships start from a wonderful friendship - where you can be the most comfortable with each other, and you trust each other a 100 percent. Of course, there must be attraction and chemistry - but these may fade. 
So, maybe they have to get to know each other as their REAL selves first ... they need a complete break from Lee Gon & Jung Tae Eul. Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul are already head over heels in love with each other. 
At the end of the day, it is Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun, who have to fall in love with each other. 

• Like 7
  • Love 9

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

So I guess when we say the poem was meant for his fans, we associate it with a time in the past where his drama wasn’t doing well. We know what he must be going through and we are all worried about him. But he also knows we must be worried about him so he wanted to let us know to not worry. It’s the kind of relationship we have with him and he has with his fans. After so many years of being a fan, you understand he’s a considerate person and he cares a big deal about his fans. If we are worried about him, likely, he is also worried about us worrying about him. I often feel like having so many fans is a blessing yet a burden. I feel like if he “fails” he feels like he’s “failed” millions of people so it’s burdensome. He strives to do well not only for himself and his loved ones but also for his fans. And these are things I know to be true because I have followed him long enough to know the kind of person he is. Maybe I sound crazy to think I know him? But every minoz can attest to this: he is a genuine person and he cares about his fans. 

Thank you SO much for such an articulate, eloquent response! Totally makes sense why he chose that poem to share with his fans. I also would like to add that I feel your love for him and his love for his fans radiating through your words -- it's so sweet to see such a supportive fan like you :). I appreciate the time you took to explain to me, as I know very little about LMH (I watched BOF & Heirs, loved both, but to be honest I watched Heirs because of Kim Woo Bin's character). LMH seems like a very deep and thoughtful person. 

@koreaboooo I love your explanation as well. I am hoping that is the case !! :)

• Like 5
  • Love 6

28 minutes ago, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:

@Heretorant - Thank you very much for your insightful post about LMH, my Dear. I don’t mean to pour cold water, but can we just take it the poem he posted for his debut anniversary, was first and foremost, for his fans to reassure them? It’s very sweet of him though, even if it’s not specifically for KGE. 
However, he must have known that KGE has initially (and probably still is!) received lots of criticism from some Minoz and none-Minoz. 
In fact, I am guessing there were many who found their pairing odd, at the beginning. There were quite a few write ups/articles (both from Korean and international sources) about how they lacked chemistry, etc. 
As the OTP in the drama, I think I can safely say that the burden is not his alone ... I am sure both of them, being professional AND passionate actors, are very aware that they are equal partners when it comes to ‘carrying’ the drama (in reference to the OTP’s role).

So, he may have posted the poem with the first and foremost objective - to comfort and assure his fans, but I think it is also to indirectly tell his fans that the both of them (as professional partners) will be okay, will be strong and will give their very best.

And they have done it!! 
They have brought out the best in each other, in terms of their acting!

Hopefully, this bringing-the-best-out-of-each-other will also ‘cross over’ to their PERSONAL relationship with each other! 
The strongest and most enduring relationships start from a wonderful friendship - where you can be the most comfortable with each other, and you trust each other a 100 percent. Of course, there must be attraction and chemistry - but these may fade. 
So, maybe they have to get to know each other as their REAL selves first ... they need a complete break from Lee Gon & Jung Tae Eul. Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul are already head over heels in love with each other. 
At the end of the day, it is Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun, who have to fall in love with each other. 

100% agree! It can have double meanings. I’m totally up for the meaning of reassuring fan they are both ok. In fact, it can be to reassure fans they are all doing ok. They all carry the drama but only both leads receive the blame if it doesn’t do well. Of course people were up and ready to throw blame when the drama didn’t rate well. I’m sure we have heard of it and are very tired of it. So you can only imagine our couple. But I think their constant happy posting on Instagram and mood behind the scenes prove they are all doing just fine. I feel like only fans are hung up on ratings because we don’t know how they’re feeling. In actuality, the drama has already made profits long ago and so imo, we were worried for no reason. And that’s why lmh posted that poem. To let everyone know. 

But of course, we can’t forget the poem is from Goblin. Can we agree he’s a huge fan of kge? I mean it’s a huge coincidence that the poem he chose is a poem from the same poem book from goblin right? Or who knows, maybe kge introduced him to that poem lol. 

• Like 4
  • Love 9

@Heretorant I really love and admire the you talk about lmh, I can feel your love for him through your words and I can also feel the weight your words carry. It’s just filled with so much love and admiration and it always inflicts so much in me as a reader when I come across it and honestly I’m glad to know he has a fan like you. There’s a lot of misconceptions and stereotypes about him and i’m always like arghhh“how can you not see this man for the sweet and loveable goofball that he is arghh hahahah. 

And @koreaboooo you definitely have to complete that fanfic now. You’ve got me very intrigued to find out what happens next ;);)

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 3

On 6/4/2020 at 8:38 PM, Lexiepedia said:

How did she date shk? He's like 17yrs older than her also they didn't work together either and I don't think they have any similarities. MinEun are different. LMH makes her feel special. His eyes are only for her. His smile is only for her. He acts smitten only for her. Posted only pictures with her ahhh a story straight out of a fairytale. I hope KGE accepts him 

They were both enjoy scuba diving and come from same company.

• Like 1

@Heretorant thanks for your insights about LMH. Can you kindly share the english version of the poem? 

Also what does CY mean? 

And lastly, what do you think does it mean for LMH to finally be bold and post a photo/s with KGE in his IG. Something he has never done before? Is he really differrent now ? ( perhaps more mature, thus, bolder?) 

• Like 2

On 6/4/2020 at 9:46 PM, Miadee said:

Hide contents

If im not wrong she was in his mgt co prior to bh..and their whole dating story i think still to alot of ppl a mystery and back then ppl didnt know why in the world did the mgt co even announced it prior to goblin and then ended quite abruptly..it is as if they never dated..no one caught them dating before.. can someone rmbr if this is the case? Cause i know of kge during goblin so I'm not sure what happened right before goblin aired. 

Perhaps they did date but more of getting to know you stage...and fell apart b4 anything more 

Some say they were in process of getting to know each other and fail to find any common hence the break up after 8 month but truthfully i was also feel there was something off about them dating... The news was sudden and not to mention, shk was talking about dating on one show few days before the news comes out as if he not in relationships at that time (and got backlash for that since when the news comes out, they say that they already dating for 2 months).

• Like 6

Hi ladies :heart:

Woke up this morning with a struck feeling that this will be our last week with TKEM :bawling:

We don't even get breadcrumbs (although we do always hope for the whole bread store, LOL).

I have a bad habit, I love reading too, and when I finish reading a really good book, I always have a really bad book hangover.

I have a feeling that I (and all of us) will have a TKEM hangover.

How should we spend our weekend after TKEM come to its end? 

I think for several days we'll rewatch it from the very first episode and its BTS, we'll do lots of browsing and click every link we find that relate to TKEM, LMH and KGE. and then spend our time watching our favourite scenes and giggling like cray cray..

We'll also spend more time checking on IG to see if they post a new cryptic message..

OMG, I really couldn't imagine that.

I do need a group hugs..

Writing this long babble while cursing es-bi-es for not being more generous with the promotional video :sleepy: 

• Like 1
  • Sad 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

On 6/5/2020 at 4:07 AM, jy_cohh said:

KGE was asked about SHK during the Goblin press conference (I think someone already mentioned here that her relationship was announced even before Goblin started). It's actually a moment that's pretty popular among KGExGY shippers because GY was noticeably upset when the reporter asked her the question (they asked her what advice did her boyfriend give her on filming the drama). KGExGY shippers thought it was a moment of jealousy from GY, but I am 100% sure it was because the reporter's question was highly unprofessional. A lot of K-netizens also commented on the video saying it was very unprofessional of the reporter to ask an actress about her boyfriend at a press conference. 

I am a KGE fan and my understanding of her relationship timeline is that she dated BYH 2013/2014 and then there were some rumors that they were still dating in 2016 while she was filming CITT because of some IG post where she was wearing a couple ring that looked similar to the one BYH had. This was during the time when there were quite a few KGExPHJ shippers. If you see the BTS for CITT PHJ is super shy towards KGE too and at the time PHJ fans were claiming they never saw him like that before. Then in summer 2016 it was announced she started to date SHK. 

That's the extent to which I know about KGE's dating history! Hope this helps! 

Byh news too was a bit suspicious. I'm sorry to his fans for my words in advance but the way they talk in that massage byh post it was as if it only a one sided thing. I don't know about the ring though.

• Like 5

Hi everyone.. we passed 300 pages! :wub:

Yeah.. this is tkem last week show.. should at least have 20 ep. ~sigh~

So do we hope to see them at any event or award ceremony?

I'm hoping for wrap up party actually. Maybe just a press and the actors/staff to join. Badly want to see them.

And that couch/pillow/bed talk from swoon - we ain't got them ain't we? Netflix must think tkem already success without all the promotion needed. But we need them for our soul. How come they didn't see it..

• Like 3
  • Love 1