Cast:

Xu Kai as Li Xuan
Wu Jia Yi as Su Youling
Hani Kezi as Yun Bin
Zhou Jun Chao as Xiao Fengming
Li Jun Chen as Yu Fengmu
Yu Xin Tong as Long Wei'er

Synopsis:

Moyun Academy is the number one academy in Great Tang. However, it is said that a student of the school will become the catalyst for the return of the King of Demon. To everyone's surprise, a lowlife named Li Xuan is accidentally accepted into the academy.  

The story is set against the backdrop of the prosperous Tang Dynasty in an era where humans and demons coexisted. The arrival of Li Xuan  a human and demon hybrid, breaks the fragile peace. During this time, Li Xuan, demon spy Su Youlian  and Long Wei'er develop complicated relationships. As Li Xuan eventually becomes a hero to the people, he faces a dilemma of having to decide where his allegiance lies.
(Source: ChineseDrama.info) 

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

Additional Links:

Dance of the Sky Empire 天舞纪 Weibo

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to SoompiSupport

Aiyooooo Hanikezi is so pretty!!! but it looks like Wujiayi is the female lead?

Hm... 28 episode is a good number.. but we'll see...  (not sure why... I feel like I'm forever a pessimist whenever I say "we'll see" hahhahaha...) 

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Dance of the Sky Empire 天舞纪
16 hours ago, angelangie said:

i dont know why.....somehow they all seems to start to look alike to me lols...

ikr ..

seems to me the FL doesn't match xu kai..

but then... thats just me...

have seen only ep 1&2...

so perhaps my view would change if i watch further...

;-)

I randomly went on iQIYI today and saw the poster of this drama and was like DAMN this is out?! I’ve been crying after done binge watching XU KAI’S dramas LOOOOOOOOOL and couldn’t wait for another drama of him and now this is out hehehehehe. I haven’t seen the preview until now, I can only say that Xu Kai in this reminds me of him in Once Upon A Time In Lingjian Mountain lol. Also, I’m not sure about him and the female lead... they were def not a ship in Arsenal Military Academy haha so here I don’t know if I’ll ship them. Let’s see when I’ll start this drama if I’ll change my mind.

I just finished all the released episodes and I must say, I truly enjoyed it. I read the novels so the difference is staggering but I think the plot and character background changed in a positive way.

FYI, in the novel Li Xuan is an orphan who both parents died and he was left alone in the forest, he grew up alone and stealing food, being beaten and ignored by the people surrounding. He was admitted into the academy when his friend stole a chicken and was about to be killed, so he pretend to know the master of Moyun Academy and got admitted out of mistake. 

Li Xuan is basically someone who crave for people to acknowledge his existence in the world and his admittance into academy gave him that. He has no idea who his parents are and let alone that he is a hybrid.

While the drama he is a young master with memory wipe and his father still alive. So I'd say both plotline is interesting.

Sorry Admin, i am having a hard time with this new black ...do we have a choice of white  or black?  Anyway just joined this drama and since the last Academy these two were some of my favourites there and they are keeping it up in this drama.  So far the leads are quite impressive in their skills and their interactions hilarious.:blush:

Spoiler

Since "God" was the only one able to save SY from the poison, how is that little B.... going to survive, or since its her poison it effects her not? 

Up to 12th episode ..   Xu Kai and Wu Jia Yi .... I jump with joy when life nicely surprises me .  Since i did not know about this drama it came as a very nice surprise.  These  two entered my heart in the AMA drama ,  they continue with this drama ... different subject and of course different director /set ...but me wanting to hug them is real.  I loved WJY's singing in the AMA , but in this one she definitely got me with her dancing and her serious little face makes me laugh all the time.  :love:

things i love having watched all 12 episodes out so far:
- xu kai and wu jia yi’s reunion (both acted in arsenal military academy) and their chemistry
- i like that the drama is different from the novel. haven’t read the novel but from what someone said earlier on this page, the plot and characters have changed a decent amount and i’m actually loving the drama version.
- prince mu’s prettyyyy eyes <3
- male lead falls for female lead first: one of my favorite tropes!!

things i can’t get over:
- xu kai’s hairstyle: i felt like they could have given him something that looked better (esp from the back) but ofc xu kai still rocks it
- idk if it’s just me but you lian’s name reminds me of durian (liu lian in chinese) and i can’t help but laugh every time they call her name lol
- that’s it’s not wednesday yet :’((

things i’m looking forward to:

- when and how li xuan finds out his true identity and regains his memory
- this sounds sadistic but i’m kinda looking forward to the angsty part of the drama lol
- i’m curious about prince mu’s ulterior motives
- long wei er/second prince: why does no one know that she’s female and what’s her deal?

TLDR: i’m so glad i decided to try this out and i’m loving it so much so far!! i can’t wait for the rest of the show. hope it continues as is :)

I agree that this drama is good so far! I've only watched until episode 6, but it's promising so far and I think it has a lot of potential to be really great!! I also like the storyline. Hopefully more people find out about this drama and watch it!

I hope this drama keeps climbing up the charts too. According to the dramapanda website, it was ranked as #6 for the top 10 web drama for the week.

I’m liking both Xu Kai and his character here. My fave part is the friendships between the students. The core characters are all likeable except for the one annoying chick. And the jury is still out on Long Wei’er but so far she’s ok. I like that whole sequence of them trying to catch Qilin. But that shot of them walking into the academy reminds me of Armageddon lol. 

I know it’s going to take a dramatic angsty turn soon but I hope the friendships survive.

@mvrecci I don't know if you've watched further than the first two episodes but I would recommend watching the rest if you haven't yet. The chemistry between the leads is definitely there and the plot line gets a lot more interesting. Also, love your profile picture haha #bananalovesorange.

@Meina Thanks for sharing! As someone who randomly decided to give this drama a chance when I saw the posters and trailer (I usually don't watch historical dramas), I'm loving it so far and I'm excited for the rest. This was really an unexpected drama for me to fall in love with and for it to climb my favorite dramas list. I personally like the changes brought about by the drama but agree that both the novel and the drama have their charms.

@angelangie Tian Shu Grandpa shipping them and having them get married (and admit to their feelings for each other) makes him one of my favorite characters here haha.

I'm also really loving the opening theme song!! I feel like the OST's for this drama are really so good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf88arPYis0

33 minutes ago, r o s i e said:

Tian Shu Grandpa shipping them and having them get married (and admit to their feelings for each other) makes him one of my favorite characters here haha.

I'm also really loving the opening theme song!! I feel like the OST's for this drama are really so good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf88arPYis0

Grandpa wants babies lol :blush: and will use all his arsenal at his Godly disposal 

1 hour ago, r o s i e said:

@jadore1 LOL yes all grandpa wanted was many many many babies lol. Any ideas as to who that child that he was crying over is? I have a feeling it may be one of the leads.

Spoiler

If you don't mind spoiler... that's Long Wei'er

Aahh I'm up to episode 13 and 14 now, we can throw the novel out of the window, i'm loving the drama version, it's more endearing, I cried hard at the exit scene. Such powerful acting there.

Archived