[Drama 2020] My prettiest moments /When I Was the Prettiest, 내가 가장 예뻤을 때

0ly40

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prepping myself for the final week.

My thoughts about Yeji's true feelings never change.

It was Hwan, it is Hwan, has been Hwan, always Hwan.

Jin was a way out ticket from miserable life with the witch aunt.

I didn't buy their so called love then and I surely don't buy it now. 

The proofs are so subtle but they are there from day one.

I could be wrong but I don't see otherwise proofs.

The only proof shown in the drama about their relationship is Yeji sticking for 7 years.

But Yeji waited that long because she loved the idea of having a family, not solely for Jin. The thought of losing a family, no matter how dysfunctional it is, was not an option for her.

And finally she admitted it herself.

Whether she ends up with Hwan or not, the right thing to do is say goodbye to Jin, leave the house and start paving her own life.

I must be the only one here that thinks they should stop, I get the attraction and the husband is far from being perfect for that matter. But if your going to switch between brothers do it while dating or engaged not after your married, regardless of the feelings.

My brother is going to take my wife because I have been a jerk, but that's okay because despite you being my own brother that justifies it as you did love her before me. *shakes my head on the plot line, obviously no boundaries with family when it comes to marriage".

She should either go her own way or husband should grow up, either way brother should not be a boundary crossed they married, so sorry, so sad but too bad there.   This plot line happens in a few dramas where they arent related now worse its in a family related one.  Another words what I learn from these Korea/Chinese plot lines is that love at the end of the day justifies destroying family.

Ohh yes I must add my bit of sarcasm here before the finale, this is an example of how i expect the ending to go.

"Insert traumatic event here" Jin and wife decides to divorce, "insert healing process here"  Jin moves on easily or gives permission *RME* and the other two confess love and live happily ever after.

1 hour ago, fragglerock said:

I must be the only one here that thinks they should stop, I get the attraction and the husband is far from being perfect for that matter. But if your going to switch between brothers do it while dating or engaged not after your married, regardless of the feelings.

My brother is going to take my wife because I have been a jerk, but that's okay because despite you being my own brother that justifies it as you did love her before me. *shakes my head on the plot line, obviously no boundaries with family when it comes to marriage".

She should either go her own way or husband should grow up, either way brother should not be a boundary crossed they married, so sorry, so sad but too bad there.   This plot line happens in a few dramas where they arent related now worse its in a family related one.  Another words what I learn from these Korea/Chinese plot lines is that love at the end of the day justifies destroying family.

so then I guess it's okay being a detestable person who goes after his brother's love and gets married to her just because he's the older one? I don't think I would be able to forgive my sister if she went after someone I truly loved haha. 

It is not everyday that you meet someone like you feel like you truly connect with. 

For me personally, I think someone as perfect as hwan would not exist in real life, who would still wait 7 years because he could not get over his first love, who also happens to be his brother's wife. I think also that, because of today's society we feel that it is such a taboo , since our thoughts are always aligned to the society lol. What would people say? How are we gonna handle the gossip? Considering how short ye ji's married life has been, I think it is okay for her to be with Hwan, cause she also didn't realize that jin wasn't the person she loved. Also she had her own family drama and the toxicity to deal with. So, regardless the gossips, I would say she deserves her chance in happiness. Also it makes no sense for jin to keep loving ye ji when she doesn't love him anymore. Like her it should be okay for him to find someone again and learn truly from his mistakes.

But that is just what I think lol, from the preview it seems like it will be a melancholic ending. Let's see :D

I didn't think I'd still have some sadness and melancholia left in me.

I thought all of them already replaced by resentment and desperation watching everyone in the drama.

The scene when 3 of them sat together, Jin asked Hwan the reasons why he fell for Yeji, why he waited and endured that long.

Hwan's answers brought back so many emotions. Revoked old feelings, back in the days when he was a student, Yeji a teacher.

How Hwan was never truly appreciated no matter how kind he was and many goodness that he did.

No one ever thanked him, no one ever return the kindness.

Hwan finally had a chance to tell Yeji (and Jin) what was and is in his heart. His feelings. Why he would love Ms. Oh forever.

I cried. I cried so much, felt for Hwan, for Yeji, how they must have suffered a lot in their younger days and never really recover.

I just realized how similar they were. Are. How they were always taken for granted and put others needs above their own become natural thing, not act of kindness.

Maybe it's not proper, for them to be together, taboo in society eyes, but then society, even the family, specially the family, never really care about their feelings either. They don't care about them. Period.

So then, is it really wrong for them to be together?

I don't get the whole taboo in society, they are just human prejudice that were established in some parts of the world. 

I mean what is a taboo in one place might be ok in another. 

So in my personal opinion " Break the rules, not the laws, but the rules". 

If two people realised they love each other, why should they suffer just because of some human created belief?  Would it have been better if Hwan and Jin were just friends and their families were ultra close? I mean it would still hurt them, yet I have heard people say that it's ok, because they wouldn't be related. 

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/wheniwasmostbeautiful/preview/

16회
사랑해...

예지(임수향)가 집을 떠난 뒤 1년 후.

저마다의 방식으로 예지의 빈 자리를 채워가며 살아가는 환(지수)과 진(하석진).
발리에서 일을 맡게 된 환은 출국 전 마지막 인사를 하기 위해 예지를 찾아가는데..

Episode 16 - Preview translated

"I love you..."

Ye-Ji has left the home and 1 year has passed.

Hwan and Jin each fill the void of Ye-Ji's absence in their own way.

Hwan gets a job in Bali, and he visits Ye-Ji for a final farewell before he leaves Korea...

--

My thoughts on finale week:

I'm not opposed to Hwan+Ye-Ji in theory. But when he tried to kiss her in Ep. 5 (I think), that was a real "EWWW, NO!" moment, and I think it was supposed to feel wrong.

So now, about 9-10 episodes later, I think it's supposed to feel right - mostly by turning the older brother into a self-centered dufus. Whether that works for everyone is still very much in question. (I respect both sides.)

Having said that, Jin's transformation from "dashing guy who took her on romantic moonlight swim" to "self-centered butthead" is so thorough and complete that it colors everything he did before that seemed sweet and romantic.

Like the three-men family proposal, which seemed so sweet and heartwarming at the time. Now I realize that he was manipulating her because he knew she couldn't say no to all three men. In fact, he even said that, "You wouldn't say yes if it was just me."

He knew about Ye-Ji's horrible family situation better than Hwan did at the time, so he knew that she basically needed a refuge more than anything.

I've wondered if things would be different if they just simply dated each other longer instead of getting married so soon. And would it be any less yucky if she later dated Hwan?

Anyway, I don't think Jin is all terrible. He did get her out of her horrible, abusive situation, and I think he deserves credit for that, at least. Maybe he has some sort of rescue fantasy regarding woman - both Ye-Ji and Carrie are in damaging situations and perhaps he enjoys being the knight who rescues them or something.

But his self-important way of talking is becoming... just funny, at this point. Dude, it's over. He finally gets it.

And when he acts pitiful - "I'm crippled, so I can only ever look UP at you..." to manipulate Ye-Ji again... Ugh. I gotta roll my eyes so hard.

Looks hot in a suit, though!

When Hwan was talking about how Ye-Ji was the only one who ever appreciated him... it was really lovely. But I also thought about Da-Woon, who would be like, "Uh, hello? Remember me?"

And Jeong-Il has a crush on... Chan Hee? Dude, run for the hills. Your future mother-in-law is an awful human being.

I DONT care about the ending at all as it's only a drama. :rolleyes:

Just hope Ha Seok Jin gets a better role for his next drama.

Well, his acting here is spot on anyway. Enough to garner his Jin character as the most hated character and the most heated debates among viewers of all the recent dramas. :tounge_xd:

Im Soo Hyang can cry as well as her debut drama, Tales of Giseang.:P

Haven't seen Jisoo in any of his drama at all. But can only say that he looks like Son Heung Min, my favourite Korean footballer. :lol:

Archived