[Drama 2020] My prettiest moments /When I Was the Prettiest, 내가 가장 예뻤을 때

0ly40

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, shazai said:

OMG THE PREVIEW! 

Did she just admit to Jin that she loves Hwan?!!!!

I thought I have misheard it at first. She did! I am suspicious of the previews though, I hope they are not trying to mislead us

@shazai @MVM Ok she did say to Jin that she loves his dongseng. EH? I know she cares for him . But woah.

I have been a bit MIA but glad to see this. We are heading to the finale week. 

@blademan LOL I agree the mom was RIGHT (don't usually agree with her) but here saying you KNEW Hwan liked her and had feelings and you still let Jin marry her?

But torn too as Yeji was not dating Hwan but Jin. Also she knew not to cross the line. But the timing and how they met.  Sigh .

BTS making ep 13 and 14 

spoiler for more clips ep 14

Spoiler

Ep 13 was a doozy

-Carrie had gotten that driver to maybe cause the accident that caused Jin to be paralyzed. DANG. Hearing that the driver stabbed Carrie (dang she had it coming)

-Her crazy words and obsession that is NOT love for Jin. Yeah she is mentally not all there

-Jin's mom we knew was a piece of work. Dang holding up the prenup and then saying you have  no choice. I just hated you less than Carrie. OMG.

-Hwan learning that love is not easy and you cannot try to love someone else halfheartedly without hurting that person

-Yeji's mom finding out that Yeji knows the truth of her father's death and how she protected her

-I look forward to Yeji and her mom getting a better relationship and YEAH she said---treat my mom as an In Law

-Yeji giving it to Jin saying I cannot abide by you being with Carrie but the disability is ok

-Jin thinking Yeji would do the same as his mom seeing his disability and leave

-Hwan actually confronting the mom (good) when they were talking about she should just have divorced their dad instead of having affairs left and right after leaving and NOT being in their lives really

YAYYY SHE WILL FINALLY CONFESS HER FEELINGS :heart::heart::heart:

About time girl - it's only been 14 episodes!! Hwan deserves this much, as much as you do. I mean, we knew it all along but she's never remotely reciprocated anything from Hwan for quite some time (since she got married to Jin) so I really cannot wait for their confrontation!!!

And please can we have an actual kiss?!! They've fooled us too many times with these two! I expect some long, repressed passion okay I'LL BE WAITING :please:

My thoughts on 13 and 14:

JIN - wow, he really is preternaturally selfish and the show is really leaning into that. Every reaction he ever has is based on how it affects HIM.

- Ye-Ji makes ME want to walk again.

- Ye-Ji makes ME want to be a better person.

- I lied to and hid from my whole family for 7 years (and only stopped because they found me) because I didn't want to lose Ye-Ji

- My ex-girlfriend's stabbing makes ME ponder MY LIFE

- I emotionally destroyed my brother because... I feel guilty. He feels terrible now, but at least I feel better!

- My dad's disabling injury... makes ME feel bad about MYSELF

- How does my wife Ye-Ji feel? I'm going to finally ask her in Ep. 15!

- ME ME ME ME ME ME ME...

HAHAHA, this is an amazing level of solipsism. In his mind, the world really revolves around him.

HWAN - okay, I understand that it's an emotional blow to realize that his whole family has been conveniently letting him think that he is the sole reason that Dad fell from a mountain because it's easier for them... which I suppose makes it okay for him to date his sister-in-law now, because they need to make it up to him somehow?

YE-JI - Ehhh. She'll be fine. I no longer worry about her well-being like I used to. I'm glad she's becoming close to her mom and their relationship is healing. Despite all her abuse and trauma, she's actually pretty good at standing up for herself and not letting people walk all over her. Good for her.

Any episode is automatically better if we don't have to see that Horrible Aunt of hers. Too bad she had to briefly show up in Ep. 14.

I thought it was really weird that her husband exposited that she finally let go of her "obsession with hating Ye-Ji and her mom." So you know this? And you don't realize that it's abnormal? Instead of making these astute observations, why haven't you stopped your wife from emotionally torturing a child for 10+ years? And steal from her? I guess spouses can't fully control someone's behavior, but he should have done something, especially when he knew it was based on unjustified anger and falsehoods.

Okay... so... all roads lead to Ye-Ji + Hwan = 4ever. Making this brother-lover romance work meant:

1. Making sure the heroine is spunky and likable, but also has deep, emotional damage

2. Making sure the "Bad Brother" is almost laughably selfish with his head so far up his own butt that it's impossible to root for them to stay together

3. Making the Bad Brother's life as messy as possible - deranged ex-girlfriend who'd rather put his life in danger than let anyone else have him, throw in some years-long vendetta wrought by a Disney villain - stuff that would make anyone run for the hills

4. Mother-in-law who is an absolute loon, as selfish and self-centered as the Bad Brother, so no one cares if she gets upset

5. Father who is wise and sanguine, so he will probably roll with whatever scandal this might cause among the 5 people they know and ever speak to

6. Making sure to cast Ji Soo as the Good Brother, because people like him and want him to win the girl

I was fast forwarding episode 14 because I couldn't stand Jin, suddenly BOOM! The teaser drama finale next week

Hah!

Yeji girl, finally you got guts to speak your most honest feelings.

Don't tell me you FINALLY figure out your heart...I won't forgive you forever for that.

And don't tell me the teaser is misleading me.

I have invested too much on this drama to leave it, I will take whatever ending, other than Yeji staying with Jin.

As the drama turns out, Jin never grew up before and after his disappearance.. he still doesn't know how to love others. Jin keep defending and deluding himself that living with carrie for 7 years aka "BETRAYAL" was a natural thing and an inevitable choice for him to make, then for his family to just suck it up, accept and understand and YJ should never had put up with that BS even for a day. YJ is nothing but a devoted wife to him and to his household, definitely doesn't deserve the backslash of his self pity.

To be honest, I was itty-bitty expecting Hwan to give up on YJ.. when he talks about breaking up with amber taught him something. To realize that YJ is not budging at all and that sometimes no matter how strong the feeling is it won't get through.(YJ never gave him a glimmer of hope after getting married with Jin)

Well what I like about in this drama is that it shows how adult had this dominance judging and forcing the minor to comply became mistaken. I dislike how Jin straight up shun Hwan talking big about "adult and responsible" when later on Jin hid from his words. The father who also made a critical move in thoughts that Hwan's feeling is no serious.. and that he should give way for his brother, that's just not it. Don't get me wrong the father is the most suitable role model adult in the whole drama but let's face it, he did took 1 of his child side and forsake the other. The proposal of Jin, when Hwan was giving the flowers to YJ while watching the love of his life go to someone else, just like Jin.. something also died inside of Hwan.

49 minutes ago, TRAN said:

I'm sorry but i just feel so wrong if yeji and hwan together at the end, she can divorce jin and be with some one else later in her life, but not with hwan please no. 

i agree with you...

17 hours ago, samzi85 said:

If she does love Hwan, we better get some flashbacks with proof! lol

Same here, otherwise it'd feel incomplete. We did get hints that she feels something towards him throughout the drama, but I would have liked for them to show what exactly she went through.  

3 hours ago, TRAN said:

I'm sorry but i just feel so wrong if yeji and hwan together at the end, she can divorce jin and be with some one else later in her life, but not with hwan please no. 

I would say the opposite though haha. I don't think ye ji deserves hwan. Hwan deserves someone who would respect him, and give him the love as he deserves. All these time, his whole family kind of put him out of the picture and thought it was okay to let him think that because of him his father was hurt. Ye Ji even admits to herself that she wanted to get married to jin cause the idea of their family with the dad, hwan and jin tempted her. And then she never gave him any respect just cause he loved her. She was being selfish and even tried to pair him up with amber cause that would make jin stop being a jealous husband. And now, if she just happens to start loving him, hwan should rather take a good look at the whole scenario and try to give more value to himself. A selfless person as him deserves more. :)

I get where you guys are coming, the last time I was convinced that YJ and Hwan was the end game.. was when she was walking and blissfully looking behind at Hwan who is keeping his distance but still following her. For me it's not who deserves better, amber is a really good match for Hwan and with that argument Amber deserves better too just like Hwan said but that's not how hearts work. I also need flashbacks where she is secretly loving Hwan although they do dropped some tiny crumbs where as she blurted out comparing Hwan to Jin and she wasn't even aware of that, no wonder Jin is dead jealous of Hwan well he know it himself from the very start that YJ already opened up to Hwan. As for me I would still like to see "definitive proof" I hope they won't go makjang were they need to kill off Jin or like the marriage was not registered somehow..

On 10/8/2020 at 10:00 PM, chickfactor said:

My thoughts on 13 and 14:

JIN - wow, he really is preternaturally selfish and the show is really leaning into that. Every reaction he ever has is based on how it affects HIM.

- Ye-Ji makes ME want to walk again.

- Ye-Ji makes ME want to be a better person.

- I lied to and hid from my whole family for 7 years (and only stopped because they found me) because I didn't want to lose Ye-Ji

- My ex-girlfriend's stabbing makes ME ponder MY LIFE

- I emotionally destroyed my brother because... I feel guilty. He feels terrible now, but at least I feel better!

- My dad's disabling injury... makes ME feel bad about MYSELF

- How does my wife Ye-Ji feel? I'm going to finally ask her in Ep. 15!

- ME ME ME ME ME ME ME...

HAHAHA, this is an amazing level of solipsism. In his mind, the world really revolves around him.

HWAN - okay, I understand that it's an emotional blow to realize that his whole family has been conveniently letting him think that he is the sole reason that Dad fell from a mountain because it's easier for them... which I suppose makes it okay for him to date his sister-in-law now, because they need to make it up to him somehow?

YE-JI - Ehhh. She'll be fine. I no longer worry about her well-being like I used to. I'm glad she's becoming close to her mom and their relationship is healing. Despite all her abuse and trauma, she's actually pretty good at standing up for herself and not letting people walk all over her. Good for her.

Any episode is automatically better if we don't have to see that Horrible Aunt of hers. Too bad she had to briefly show up in Ep. 14.

I thought it was really weird that her husband exposited that she finally let go of her "obsession with hating Ye-Ji and her mom." So you know this? And you don't realize that it's abnormal? Instead of making these astute observations, why haven't you stopped your wife from emotionally torturing a child for 10+ years? And steal from her? I guess spouses can't fully control someone's behavior, but he should have done something, especially when he knew it was based on unjustified anger and falsehoods.

Okay... so... all roads lead to Ye-Ji + Hwan = 4ever. Making this brother-lover romance work meant:

1. Making sure the heroine is spunky and likable, but also has deep, emotional damage

2. Making sure the "Bad Brother" is almost laughably selfish with his head so far up his own butt that it's impossible to root for them to stay together

3. Making the Bad Brother's life as messy as possible - deranged ex-girlfriend who'd rather put his life in danger than let anyone else have him, throw in some years-long vendetta wrought by a Disney villain - stuff that would make anyone run for the hills

4. Mother-in-law who is an absolute loon, as selfish and self-centered as the Bad Brother, so no one cares if she gets upset

5. Father who is wise and sanguine, so he will probably roll with whatever scandal this might cause among the 5 people they know and ever speak to

6. Making sure to cast Ji Soo as the Good Brother, because people like him and want him to win the girl

You have expressed my thoughts so thoroughly that your post is my final post in this thread, well, except this one of course.  Pumpkin Dance Dancing GIF by Halloween 

i dont need any proof that she loves Hwan. I saw from their initial contacts where they are attracted to each other. When Hwan tried to kiss Yeji in Jeju, in a split second there was desire in her eyes too, but she quickly come to her senses and rejected him. Reason she didnt reply for Hwan's emails or angered for daring him to kiss wasnt 100 percent because of Hwan but because she realized in her heart she loved Hwan. But she knew it is wrong given he is her brother-in-law. Later she always talks about Hwan to Jin somehow, the moment she stopped when Hwan said he will date other girls & could marry if she needs. They are the proofs she was in love with Hwan all along, only loved the idea of safe life with Jin. If they really love each other, they can go America and live there. Now Hwan loved Yeji for 7-8 years or much longer. Even if they cant be couple, Hwan will love her forever. Love works like that. He could marry and have children & have some love& respect for his wife. But he never would be truly happy and never forget Ye Ji. It is not what i want for his future wife. Hope they end up together, leave together, that family isnt that lovely anyway. 

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/wheniwasmostbeautiful/preview/

15회

당신 맘이 알고 싶어.

주주총회의 핵심 인물인 캐리(황승언)는 행방불명이 되고 캐리의 이름으로 보낸 내용증명이 진환A&C에 도착한다. 주주총회를 준비하며 예지(임수향)를 붙잡아보려 하는 진(하석진)의 고민은 깊어만 가고. 한편, 환(지수)은 예지와 함께 저녁을 먹으며 자신의 마음을 다시 한번 고백하는데...

Episode 15

"I want to know your heart."

At the general stockholders' meeting, Carrie, the key member is missing, and a certified mail from Carrie arrives at JinHwan A&C.

Jin's worries deepen as he prepares for the stockholders' meeting and tries to hold onto Ye-Ji.

Hwan eats dinner with Ye-Ji and once again confesses what is in his heart.

Archived